• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gre ninja'd

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1693-2965-0889
Blaziken? Over Sceptile? Dream on, Buddy. Really, I think that Mewtwo isn't super likely at this point. It couldn't be a Lucario clone, nor a Melee do-over. Now Sceptile? He, at worst, could be a Greninja clone. He represents Mystery Dungeon, Grass Type, and OR and AS.[/quote
But sceptile doesn't represent mystery dungeon, it's the much better grovyle.

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
Blaziken? Over Sceptile? Dream on, Buddy. Really, I think that Mewtwo is super likely at this point. It couldn't be a Lucario clone, nor a Melee do-over he will get a new movset to crush all opponets. Now Sceptile? He, at worst, could be a Greninja clone. He represents Mystery Dungeon and game that most people don't know compared to other pokeon games, Grass Type but we do not need to have we didnt need it in melee or the orginal, and OR and AS may have not been considered for this game.
fixed this so much

Last edited:

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
Call me crazy, but I don't think Robin's going to be as good as initial impressions make him out to be. I remember early Brawl impressions being off the mark in the long run, and while opinions are appreciated, it's still a limited environment that these sessions happened in. Since there's no edgeguarding, I think when he runs out of spells (I'm not seeing any impressions about this so far) he'll be a bit of a sitting duck.

Given Villager's recovery, I'm guessing he sucks, but is going to be hard to KO because of his recovery.

I think Pac-Man is a toss up. He'll either be pretty good or pretty bad. Same goes for Mega Man, but I think he'll end up playing too much like Mega Man in his games to be good at Smash.

The floatiness in the videos was definiely better than the E3 demo, as was the character knockback. In the E3 demo, you couldn't KO anyone for the life of you.
Yea I think it's too early, when Brawl demo's and early brawl came out, DK was thought to be god tier because of his Aeriial back A or somehting, And he finished mid tier I beleieve. Early impressions mean little imo

Last edited:

kylexv

Smash Master
New roster time!

Either the leak roster is the full roster or:

Leak Roster.png

Almost the same as my last predictions, except:

Cut Galacta Knight and Wolf, as they are both costumes of Meta Knight and Fox, respectively. Although one could argue that Fox having a Wolf alt doesn't deconfirm him, I find his chances very low now because of this.

Added Bandanna Waddle Dee:

Meta Knight having Dark Meta Knight and Galacta Knight costumes shows that Sakurai is paying attention to Kirby characters that he did not create. There's also the fact that Waddle Dees are completely absent from Dedede's moveset. Bandanna Dee has also seen a huge boost of relevancy in the Kirby series, appearing in a game in which Meta Knight did not appear in person. That will make 7 Mario, 6 Pokemon, 5 Zelda, and 4 Kirby, balancing out those respective series. It would also be weird for there to be more Fire Emblem than Kirby, even though it happened in Melee.

The green around the Mii means the slot only appears when customization is on.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
he still has a lot going for him multiple leaks,we are thining about it,demand,leaker saying its not the full roster,lock on all star mode,why would 6 pokemon reps go down to 5,greninja trailer,and one of the few charcters left that still has a chances that is not deconfirmed or and its mewtwo
This is right on the money. That people think Mewtwo, a popular veteran that was planned for Brawl and probably the 3rd or 4th most iconic character in Nintendo's second most prolific franchise, is "unlikely" is beyond me. He isn't guaranteed, nobody is, but his inclusion makes a ridiculous amount of sense, has already happened before, and brings up the amount of Pokémon reps to the same as Brawl. As far as I'm concerned, nothing short of time constraints will stop Mewtwo from being in.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
New roster time!

Either the leak roster is the full roster or:

View attachment 24226

Almost the same as my last predictions, except:

Cut Galacta Knight and Wolf, as they are both costumes of Meta Knight and Fox, respectively. Although one could argue that Fox having a Wolf alt doesn't deconfirm him, I find his chances very low now because of this.

Added Bandanna Waddle Dee:

Meta Knight having Dark Meta Knight and Galacta Knight costumes shows that Sakurai is paying attention to Kirby characters that he did not create. There's also the fact that Waddle Dees are completely absent from Dedede's moveset. Bandanna Dee has also seen a huge boost of relevancy in the Kirby series, appearing in a game in which Meta Knight did not appear in person. That will make 7 Mario, 6 Pokemon, 5 Zelda, and 4 Kirby, balancing out those respective series. It would also be weird for there to be more Fire Emblem than Kirby, even though it happened in Melee.

The green around the Mii means the slot only appears when customization is on.
Missing a Purple Space Dragon

kylexv

Smash Master
Wii U Version:

Leak Roster Wii U Version.png

Very convenient unlockables wise. Four in each row, so the starting roster is easy to visualize.

Last edited:

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
I don't think it means anything.
Minish Cap is still a Zelda game. With Link and Zelda in it.

EDIT: Scratch that. Rosalina is used to promote Super Mario 3D World.
Vaati hype incoming.
You realize that Toon Zelda is also in that game, right? More like Toon Zelda hype! :bee:
Regardless, the first half of your post is more than likely correct. The sale probably doesn't hint at anything.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I really want to see the rest of Little Mac's colors.

Still missing:
-Major Circuit
-Player 2
-Super Punch Out.
(and I think that makes 8 colors total)

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
When you fail to acknowledge the general populous knows gen 1 far beyond the other gens, that gen 1 is the staple gen while the others are the fad gens, that gen 1 is the generation most returned to, and the one that *while direct information as such* is regarded as the most beloved, I fail to acknowledge your post.
There is a reason they were give the most mega evolutions, that their lines were returned to the most in generations 2 and 4, and that the starter pokemon from gen 1 were available in generation 1, 2, 3, 4 & 6.

All generations are not made equal. Obviously, Sakurai agrees with me. I'm unsure if you saw Brawl, but in it, we had five gen 1 Pokemon, one more who was cut, and only one Pokemon who was not gen 1.

Also, I'm not sure how old you are. Pokemon has always been popular, yes. Yet it is nothing today compared to what it was in 1999-2000. Twas literally considered a PHENOMENON by economists. They couldn't understand what it was! It was classified beyond games, tv, movies, clothing, trading cards, figures, and other paraphernalia. It was a bubble that busted after gen one, and while still successful, never reclaimed the glory introduced with the original generation (I only include gen 2 because it piggybacked, and was essentially just an extended version of 1 anyway, down to them being many of the originally cut Pokemon, stories, etc).

Literally, to compare generation 1 of Pokemon to the other generations is just a failure.
I don't even need to cite sources, because it is quite actually an economic, sociologic, anthropologic, ETC study. Here is a great source to start.

The rise refers to Gen 1, and the fall refers to every subsequent generation
Actually I think the rise ends at Gen 2, since it sold faster than red and green.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Next Level Games was working on a Metroid game before they did Luigi's Mansion 2.

WE WERE THIS CLOSE TO HAVING TOON SAMUS AS A NEWCOMER!

Last edited:

Mr.X98

Smash Journeyman
It seems to me that the smash embargo is slowly cracking. leaving pores of info streaming out by the few who manage to snag some info while they can. best guess, complete source of the game will be showcased on either early monday or wednesday, (best case scenario though)
*EDIT* By this statement alone, I also do feel some shame and sadness towards how Sakurai wishes to preserve some info for the sake of suprise. I hope I am not the only one with this nagging feeling because it truly makes me think.

Last edited:

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Next Level Games was working on a Metroid game before they did Luigi's Mansion 2.

WE WERE THIS CLOSE TO HAVING TOON SAMUS AS A NEWCOMER!

Ick, im not a fan of that art design. Far too angular and a bit of that "rayman" like exaggerated forms within that art style.

Last edited:

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
Just sitting here waiting for Dixie to be announced, honestly.
Really excited that in less than a week we will know the full roster.

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
From what I've read, the game keeps sounding better and better, but I do have one pet peeve.

Why can we have these:

But we can't have this:

It annoys me much more than it should, and it just shows inconsistency.

Morbi

Scavenger
Just sitting here waiting for Dixie to be announced, honestly.
Really excited that in less than a week we will know the full roster.
I am just sitting here waiting for Dark Pit's announcement... or Ganondorf's even though we already got that one, but Sakurai wants to pretend that it never happened because he was not ready to reveal Ganondorf.

Not to excited that I did not get to discuss much Ganondorf before launch aside from whiny and entitled Legend of Zelda fans screaming and crying about how he is still Falcondorf and that he "deserves" much better and whatnot.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
From what I've read, the game keeps sounding better and better, but I do have one pet peeve.

Why can we have these:
To be fair, Shiny Greninja actually isn't correct in Smash. He's not ALL black like he should be, and the tongue is a little orange-ish when it should be bright red. Do we know if Shiny Charizard is in actually?
Also Smash Jigglypuff has always been Shiny Jigglypuff and it doesn't seem like they fixed that lol.

That said, Shiny Lucario is pretty ****ty. Couldn't care less that it's not in.

Last edited:

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
To be fair, Shiny Greninja actually isn't correct in Smash. He's not ALL black like he should be, and the tongue is a little orange-ish when it should be bright red. Do we know if Shiny Charizard is in actually?
Also Smash Jigglypuff has always been Shiny Jigglypuff and it doesn't seem like they fixed that lol.

That said, Shiny Lucario is pretty ****ty. Couldn't care less that it's not in.
I agree that Shiny Lucario is really ugly, but having some Pokemon being shiny while others aren't just seems pretty stupid to me, no matter how ugly they're colored.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
Alright, thoughts from after everything shown last night. Well, my thoughts remain pretty much unchanged. Alph being Olimar's alt supports Ninka, which scares me a bit, but other than that, nothing's really changed for me. Well, the stage list is throwing me off real good, but this isn't the place for that.

The "Wolf" outfit just seems like poor judgement on the leaker's part.

From what we've heard of the alts, I'm pretty impressed. Really excited to use them. But, that ******* said no Outset Island Toon Link, didn't he? :'( Oh well, the rest are still awesome.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
That promotional video screenshots look freakin awesome, everyone on that cliff looks great, but it needs some duck hunt.
Edit: why are people talking about wolf as an alt for fox

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Alright, thoughts from after everything shown last night. Well, my thoughts remain pretty much unchanged. Alph being Olimar's alt supports Ninka, which scares me a bit, but other than that, nothing's really changed for me. Well, the stage list is throwing me off real good, but this isn't the place for that.

From what we've heard of the alts, I'm pretty impressed. Really excited to use them. But, that ******* said no Outset Island Toon Link, didn't he? :'( Oh well, the rest are still awesome.
I apologize, I am not aware of which leak you are referencing, what allegedly happened to Wolf?

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW

What was shown last night and where can I see it?

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Ick, im not a fan of that art design. Far too angular and a bit of that "rayman" like exaggerated forms within that art style.
The art style wouldn't be my first choice, but I would love to see how they would have handled the franchise.

Niala

Smash Ace
That promotional video screenshots look freakin awesome, everyone on that cliff looks great, but it needs some duck hunt.
Edit: why are people talking about wolf as an alt for fox
There was a thread last night going on where Zipzo was playing the release demo and he mentioned there's a costume for Fox that looks almost identical to Wolf's outfit. He thinks it's an homage because he got cut.

Morbi

Scavenger
There was a thread last night going on where Zipzo was playing the release demo and he mentioned there's a costume for Fox that looks almost identical to Wolf's outfit. He thinks it's an homage because he got cut.
Ah, thank you. That would be quite the compensation for his removal in that event, there will be no disappointment from me. I always wanted to play Wolf as a "fox clone." To be honest, that is half the reason people annoy me so much when they assert that Wolf is a Fox clone... it is... because... I wish it was true. :c

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
Ah ok
Btw nobody noticed on that promotion, luigi gave the death stare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom