• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Most of those "Minor Aspects" are just plain wrong though. I don't have time to go over them, but the Wario one in particular bothers me. They later showed his render. THE PUPIL IS THERE!

By the way, Fox's background color changing actually HELPS the leak, because his background color matches his color on the digital purchase card, showing they changed it to match the leak after E3.
I will concede to Wario. That part I didn't know about. I knew about his trophy being shown saying his Waft was back in, but hadn't seen it yet.

As you said you were busy, does anyone have an actual image of the digital purchase card because this is the first I'm hearing about this.

That was my ignorance, but I believe a FAIR number of these stand on things that can raise suspicion. The leak's more-than-likely real. I believe we should have SOME caution before saying that all aspects of the roster is true. ESPECIALLY anyone claiming to know any other the mysterious 5 lacking slots and anyone who'd be on DLC.

Just.. such a medicore CSS from Miss Sakurai... I am going to hold against it being reality as long as I can. Disregard me if you wish, as many don't see a reason to even humor my stance.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
I messed up my PM files on my SD card, so I was playing melee today. God I miss young link, I hope for some cut melee vet DLC or something. I'd gladly pay 10 bucks for just Young Link

Burruni

Smash Hero
I messed up my PM files on my SD card, so I was playing melee today. God I miss young link, I hope for some cut melee vet DLC or something. I'd gladly pay 10 bucks for just Young Link
While a bit off topic, will you (and any others willing to pounce upon my ignorance) explain to me what is the true differences between Y. Link and T. Link. I feel like if you take away the difference in engines, T. Link had a bit weaker of a projectile game but has a much more devastating kill power in his smashes and throws... alongside not having an 8 second taunt.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
While a bit off topic, will you (and any others willing to pounce upon my ignorance) explain to me what is the true differences between Y. Link and T. Link. I feel like if you take away the difference in engines, T. Link had a bit weaker of a projectile game but has a much more devastating kill power in his smashes and throws... alongside not having an 8 second taunt.
Well, I liek his character more. I think that's part of why young link fans like him. I liked Majora's mask and Ocarina of time more than Wind Waker. Most of it probably is engine and melee vs. Brawl because Tink plays a lot more like Young Link in PM (I reskinned him of course). But it's mostly the character, like the reason most people are mad that Ganon is a clone is because they like ganon as a character and feel the moceset doesn't fit him. Young Linkers feel the same about Tink, he doesn't do the clone of link justice the way melee Young Link did. Again, I think most of it comes from either a love of the character (my stance) or a melee vs. brawl thing.

EDIT: that being said, Objectively Toon Link belongs in smash over him, but this is a personal want
EDIT2: Oh and Young Link Nair/Bair were switched and his Nair used to be mint
EDIT3: Young Link's down air is also not trash because of fast fall meteor crash antics
EDIT4:http://wiiudaily.com/2014/01/nintendo-on-majoras-mask-remake/ A remake may be on the way? DLC publicity time

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I actually DID just notice that we can't disregard the totals at all due to the fact that this menu, as it should, scrolls through every character, so the totals not adding up is accurate; its including the total of characters off screen. However, some of the fonts being messed up is a blatant error and basically proves it fake.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I actually DID just notice that we can't disregard the totals at all due to the fact that this menu, as it should, scrolls through every character, so the totals not adding up is accurate; its including the total of characters off screen. However, some of the fonts being messed up is a blatant error and basically proves it fake.
Except it would be more wrong as Lucario's total would move even more away from 33. Greater than is not equal to less than.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH ****!

OH ****!

OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:laugh:

This is some glorious, glorious, glorious ****!

IMPA DETRACTORS WHO'S IN THIS NOW!?

Awesome as ****!

Charkoaler

Smash Rookie
NNID
charkoaler
3DS FC
3969-5051-8391
On the news of that one apparent screenshot including both Wolf and Impa, i'm not going to go on about designs or grammar, but there are yellow arrows at the bottom left and top right of the top screen. This could suggest that the furthest columns are rows are the total KOs and that you could just scroll up and down through the characters to seespecific character comparisons. That's my solution to the math problems
Edit: Just saw the font errors and yeah, whatever reasons i had to assume it was real are in the gugtter

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH ****!

OH ****!

Awesome as ****!
It's fake you know, the picture i mean.

Burruni

Smash Hero

OH ****!

OH ****!

Awesome as ****!
dude, you missed the entire part where we teared this apart for mis-matching font for the 1's and the fact lucario's kills for those 6 characters exceeds the total for the roster he's landed.

It's fake, mon.

Well, I liek his character more. I think that's part of why young link fans like him. I liked Majora's mask and Ocarina of time more than Wind Waker. Most of it probably is engine and melee vs. Brawl because Tink plays a lot more like Young Link in PM (I reskinned him of course). But it's mostly the character, like the reason most people are mad that Ganon is a clone is because they like ganon as a character and feel the moceset doesn't fit him. Young Linkers feel the same about Tink, he doesn't do the clone of link justice the way melee Young Link did. Again, I think most of it comes from either a love of the character (my stance) or a melee vs. brawl thing.

EDIT: that being said, Objectively Toon Link belongs in smash over him, but this is a personal want
EDIT2: Oh and Young Link Nair/Bair were switched and his Nair used to be mint
EDIT3: Young Link's down air is also not trash because of fast fall meteor crash antics
EDIT4:http://wiiudaily.com/2014/01/nintendo-on-majoras-mask-remake/ A remake may be on the way? DLC publicity time
Had no idea about NAir/BAir things.
But I LOVED the T.Link DAir.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine

OH ****!

OH ****!

Awesome as ****!
I was going to warn you, but couldn't tell if you were serious.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
Had no idea about NAir/BAir things.
But I LOVED the T.Link DAir.
Yea they scrapped his bair nair for sword based moves because Tink has dainty little girl legs that were too short. Or it was to declone him a little, but as Young Link fan, I go with the former. Some people liked it, most probably did actually, I imagine the only people who don't like it are Link/Young Link mains.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Now who would do such thing and make me all hyped for nothing!? :sadeyes:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Defending the KO screen screenshot here but: those KOs Lucario has that don't match up might mean he's landed KOs on other characters aside from DK, Diddy, Zelda, Sheik and Impa.

THIS CAN STILL BE REAL!

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Defending the KO screen screenshot here but: those KOs Lucario has that don't match up might mean he's landed KOs on other characters aside from DK, Diddy, Zelda, Sheik and Impa.

THIS CAN STILL BE REAL!
It shouldn't say 33 then because it adds up to 34.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Also, I swear the roster was purposely designed to spite Diddy Kong and benefit me.

At least, that's the impression I'm getting out of this.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord

THIS CAN STILL BE REAL!
Compare the font of the 12 in the column with DK with the font of the 12 in the column with Sheik. They're 2 different fonts. Fake.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
Also havent past smash games used the phrasing "KO someone" as in "How many times has Pikachu KO'd Zelda?"

..Not that it matters

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Name of original video uploader "Izat True" is suspicious.
Claim of ERSB copy (Assuming this is the same leaker as the photos.) as ERSB only watches.

Dunno if there were any counter claims to either of these, but yeah. Could be possible that not all the pictures are true.
It does appear to be from to be video footage that would probably be sent to the ESRB for ratings as during one of the video it shifts from the Victory scene with Shulk and Lucina to what appears to be home run contest with Yoshi, so it's not complete live gameplay. The Trophy pictures and many of things shown in the video seem to support this Idea and nearly all of them are related to they would check rating for: Nudity, sexual dressing, topics related to cults or demons, gross out humour, violence levels, violence involving Minors or children, level of violence against human looking characters and so on.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
For now, I must sleep. But do not lose hope, people. Crybaby Lucas can still return.

Take a Melody
Simple as can be
Give it some words and
Sweet Melody
Raise Your Voi-ces
All day long now, love grows strong now
Sing your Melody of
Love, Oh My Love.

Inb4 tomorrow Sakurai reveals Lucas as a character and the return of New Pork City or something like Chimera Factory.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
For now, I must sleep. But do not lose hope, people. Crybaby Lucas can still return.

Take a Melody
Simple as can be
Give it some words and
Sweet Melody
Raise Your Voi-ces
All day long now, love grows strong now
Sing your Melody of
Love, Oh My Love.

Inb4 tomorrow Sakurai reveals Lucas as a character and the return of New Pork City or something like Chimera Factory.
"Hope will never die!"... wait wrong game.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Darn it you guys take this way too seriously :awesome:, must be the paranoia of receiving more leaks.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Super Smash Bros 4: Uprising incoming. :4pit:

HIYAYAYAYAYAYAAAAAAA!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom