• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Unless I can get someone to help with an accurate translation. I don't think it's a good idea.

Plus English stands out more. :p
The first response you got was "ひどい", which apparently translates as "bad." (I used Google translate, so it might not be accurate)

Maybe the person misread your question as "How would you feel if Ridley was not in SSB4?"
Or maybe she just hates Ridley.

Edit: Greninja'd.

----

Last edited:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Huh, haven't been on in a while. So, Shulk? Well, I find his chances to be pretty decent,so I've always kept him on my roster. I would love to see him, so that's really what I have to say about the topic.

I'm gonna eat some pie...

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Golden Sun was pretty much the EarthBound from the GBA. The fact it's a second party franchise shouldn't matter much if said developer is making games like Mario Golf and Mario Tennis. :rolleyes:
I think EarthBound has always had a bigger following. (Hint: Sales does not equal following)

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Okay...

Which one of you guys gave the "Bad" comment?

You're an English speaking dude.

First response, ひどい, means bad.
Yeah.

By some American smartass. Check his profile.

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Which reminds me, I recall Sakurai posting three figures and talking about how he uses them to form the basis for attacks. One figure involved punching, one involved jumping or hovering while holding out it's palm, and another strutting in a sneaky fashion. I have a theory that the punching one correlated to Little Mac, meaning that the other figures also probably correlate to other characters. I can presume that the second one is Isaac because of his psyenergy abilities often involves using an open palm.

I need to see the pictures again, so anyone that has them I'll forever love you and stuff.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Define MAJOR focus.

You didn't seem to care about little things like that when F-Zero was involved.

Just gonna leave this here

How do you know X is going to be a big title?

I'm not really supportive of either Issac or Shulk, but I just wanted to point out these seem like weird ways of deeming a character likely or unlikely.
Nintendo is putting a lot of spotlight on games like X, based on the premise that the Wii U is struggling terribly right now, and hardcore gamers are having a hard time finding games to buy for the console. Releasing a game like X has surely piqued the interest of many people who haven't picked up the console yet. That's why they put out a big reveal now, and will likely be shown again at E3.

As far as the Puzzle Swap thing goes, comparing Xenoblade to F-Zero is a bit of a mismatch. Xenoblade is a one shot title that was exclusively released by Gamestop in the US, while the virtual console re-releases that most major series receive are basically a common thing nowadays. Xenoblade stands out here because of the fact that many would think it isn't much of a prevalent series, yet receives a Puzzle Swap board among Nintendo's elite series.

Punch-Out!! is a series that has always had a large following, and the recent game that was released on Wii was a revival. Golden Sun however, is a more modern series that has no clear indication of its destination. Again, a bit of apples and oranges.

At least that's how I see it.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Okay...

Which one of you guys gave the "Bad" comment?

By some American smartass. Check his profile.
"2bigley"

Well, judging by the multiple times he posted that, it's obviously a toobigot that didn't get the memo from Sakurai today. Actually, going by one of his posts, he's just still in denial.

Which reminds me, I recall Sakurai posting three figures and talking about how he uses them to form the basis for attacks. One figure involved punching, one involved jumping or hovering while holding out it's palm, and another strutting in a sneaky fashion. I have a theory that the punching one correlated to Little Mac, meaning that the other figures also probably correlate to other characters. I can presume that the second one is Isaac because of his psyenergy abilities often involves using an open palm.

I need to see the pictures again, so anyone that has them I'll forever love you and stuff.
So if the punching one is Mac, I guess the sneaking one must be Snake? I want to see these too. :troll:

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I just personally feel like the Golden Sun series is going to be overlooked. I'm not an expert on the series, but I can see it getting overlooked. It doesn't come across to me as a huge series for Nintendo, and while Xenoblade isn't huge either, it spurred the start of a series that is bound to get some coverage, and already has from Nintendo.

I personally just don't see Isaac getting in.
It would suck for that to happen. But it is very plausible to say the least. Golden Sun is not a huge series as it is, so it being ignored isn't going to piss off that many people. While Xenoblade is still new and already has a sequel, seems like it's building itself up as of now.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
If I had the time I'd help you with this. That said I don't think you'll get any real results even if you post in Japanese.
Well that's okay...

Can anyone who knows Japanese help me with something?

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
Well that's okay...

Can anyone who knows Japanese help me with something?
Sorry Swamp, but I don't think my limited knowledge of Japanese can help you out with this.

edit: I can however, tell you how to say "Ridley is too big" :troll:

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

Wanna see the pics to. Think one of them resembles WFT to.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Okay, I am getting so tired of people acting like sales determines everything. Pikmin unlike Golden Sun, was constantly referenced and just given overall better treatment than Nintendo and was overall more memorable. Having more sales does not mean a game is more memorable than another. It just means more people saw the trailers and boxart and decided it looked fun. There are plenty of games with higher sales than others that practically nobody remembers.

And Olimar was only chosen because he was Miyamoto? What??? Then why don't we have Muddy Mole in Brawl? Checkmate, my ***.
wow, agressive much. I wasn't even trying to get into an argument. I'll bite, but I don't like your additude.

Okay, I am getting so tired of people acting like sales determines everything.
It doesn't. it determines about how much people may have enjoyed the game more thoroughly then just advertisements. golden sun's numbers are higher, and due to both games being singleplayer, those numbers are probably accurate to around how many people have played the games.
Pikmin unlike Golden Sun, was constantly referenced and just given overall better treatment than Nintendo
this one's simple. Golden sun isn't exactly owned by nintendo, it's Camelot's property. it wouldn't be as easy to plaster everywhere.
overall more memorable. Having more sales does not mean a game is more memorable than another.
this is COMPLETE bias. I thought pikmin was boring, but golden sun is one of the best things ever! it's way more memorable to me.
There are plenty of games with higher sales than others that practically nobody remembers.
Seriously doubt nobody remembers golden sun.
And Olimar was only chosen because he was Miyamoto? What??? Then why don't we have Muddy Mole in Brawl? Checkmate, my ***.
well, because he was a promoted miyamoto character, my bad. even if he was a bit more out there than a golden sun character.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
These ones?

EDIT: This too.

Last edited:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Honestly if Ridley didn't get in this time would you guys even care?
If Ridley doesn't get in, then I would stop expecting him. I feel like now will be his grand entrance (despite some small doubts), but there is a very good chance Ridley will make it this time.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Honestly if Ridley didn't get in this time would you guys even care?
It entirely depends on the reason in which he wasn't included. If it's reasonable, which at this point is pretty hard to do, I'll understand, but if it's as bad as Sakurai's reasnoning of not having a Subspace Emissary like gameplay mode, then it'll leave a bitter taste in my mouth, especially when he's been showing to try new things.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I edited another one I found in. Looks a bit like Mac. :p

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero