• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
...is this a clever little way to bring her into a conversation?
It means you should run, run and hide, as fast as you can. You can't escape Diddy, he's Impa Propaganda Man.

Speaking of which, we might get a Diddy reveal either tonight or Friday. Or not, but it's nice to hope.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
I think EarthBound has always had a bigger following. (Hint: Sales does not equal following)
By following, do you mean a big fanbase? If so I agree with you. People love the Mother series so much that Mother 3 got a fan translation and a fan-made Mother 4 is in the way (It looks amazing). And seeing as Earthbound is the most popular game in the series, Earthbound can be said to have a bigger following than Golden Sun. The fanbase of the Mother series is ridiculously big.

Even bigger than Ridley. :troll:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
It means you should run, run and hide, as fast as you can. You can't escape Diddy, he's Impa Propaganda Man.

Speaking of which, we might get a Diddy reveal either tonight or Friday. Or not, but it's nice to hope.
It could definitely happen. Either this week or next. I feel it's very plausible we will see something DK related this month, it'd be a embarrassment.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
We never got a reveal that was based on an US release date (Luigi was revealed because it was the "Year of Luigi"), the same could be said for those who live in Europe, I don't think any country but Japan matters. I highly doubt Diddy is being revealed.

Last edited:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
wow, agressive much. I wasn't even trying to get into an argument. I'll bite, but I don't like your additude.
What attitude???

It doesn't. it determines about how much people may have enjoyed the game more thoroughly then just advertisements. golden sun's numbers are higher, and due to both games being singleplayer, those numbers are probably accurate to around how many people have played the games.
How many people have played a game does not automatically determine how many remember it and how memorable it is a Nintendo face.

this one's simple. Golden sun isn't exactly owned by nintendo, it's Camelot's property. it wouldn't be as easy to plaster everywhere.

well, because he was a promoted miyamoto character, my bad. even if he was a bit more out there than a golden sun character.
I don't think this is any exception. Either you're promoted or your not. I don't think Sakurai is going to care what reason you're not promoted unless it's something classic like Punch-Out or F-Zero.

I'm not saying Golden Sun isn't remembered or anything, but it just isn't as much as the franchises that usually make it into Smash and it has almost no references, promotions, or merchandise, or anything significant besides how well received it's first two games were. The only people I know who have ever even heard of this franchise are on the internet.

The only thing it really has is a VC release in Japan which was JUST announced like a week ago.

Last edited by a moderator:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
We never got a reveal that was based on an US release date (Luigi was revealed because it was the "Year of Luigi"), the same could be said for those who live in Europe, I don't think any country but Japan matters. I highly doubt Diddy is being revealed.
I can see why he wouldn't, but I'd assume Sakurai should be doing some TF advertisement soon, right? We still got something Pokemon related in October (sadly not what we expected), so I at least predict something DK-related this week or next.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I can see why he wouldn't, but I'd assume Sakurai should be doing some TF advertisement soon, right? We still got something Pokemon related in October (sadly not what we expected), so I at least predict something DK-related this week or next.
At the very least we would get to see the wooden barrel return.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
If you want to think about it like that maybe. But then, there was the "rule" about the banner going down before a reveal, but then reveals happened while it was still up. Then we thought that certain characters would be revealed on the release date of a respective game, broken by Pokemon X/Y and then shattered by Little Mac. And of course there are the random reveals ala Marth and Lucario. Just because it never happened, doesn't mean it can't and won't. You gotta believe!

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The one on the left reminds me of Tabuu. But, it could also be a pose for Mewtwo.
So THAT's what's been itching in my brain.
But you could be right about Mewtwo....with that ninja-like pose.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The one on the left reminds me of Tabuu. But, it could also be a pose for Mewtwo.

It may be mewtwo,but who else would have that ninja like pose?

Takamaru :troll:

EDIT : ****ing Double Post,that James post was a lie! Smashboards,you lied to me!

Last edited:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I don't think it's Tabuu.
It may be mewtwo,but who else would have that ninja like pose?

Takamaru :troll:

EDIT : ****ing Double Post,that James post was a lie! Smashboards,you lied to me!
The one on the right sort of seems like it could resemble Samurai Goroh.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
After seeing that Pic of the Day, I honestly think Ridley's basically confirmed. I don't see why on Earth he would post such a pic otherwise (unless there's some other character that's mostly considered "too big" or he's just being a troll).

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
After seeing that Pic of the Day, I honestly think Ridley's basically confirmed. I don't see why on Earth he would post such a pic otherwise (unless there's some other character that's mostly considered "too big" or he's just being a troll).
Just remember that Sakurai always thinks on multiple levels. This can mean a pitifully small character can also be confirmed as pear this. It just means that the size arguement is kind of gone for now.
For now I assume the latter.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Now,don't jump to conclusions.
Because you'll end up trolling yourself.

Espio264

Smash Ace
And wouldn't it be awesome, that if to play off of today's image, Ridley's reveal trailer starts on this stage, and Sakurai gives some "size doesn't matter" statement with Ridley flying in all dramatic, and then is promptly licked by the giant puppy. I think that'd be hilarious. And then of course the trailer goes on to show Ridley frying Megaman, Donkey Kong and whoever else in the most violent ways imaginable.

The man's an artist. At least in my head he is.

Last edited:

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
I find it strange that almost no rosters on this site feature semi-clones. Seems kind of naive.
Dixie Kong? Any choice in FE? Some of my additions are semi-clone variety, some not. I won't make a new roster until the next reveal.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I don't think it's naive not having semi-clones. Yes, we have had semi-clones in the past, but if we look at Sakurai's five newcomers he has shown off, and how unique they are, it is plausible to assume that he is just going for completely unique characters. Still, I do advocate for the likes of Dixie Kong, so there's that.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
I think at this point, since Sakurai seems so crazy about uniqueness this time, all newcomer semi-clones are either A) last minute or B) not even existing this time. It just really boils down to how much he's aiming for uniqueness.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Yes, but a lot of rosters would feature King K. Rool. I would expect at least 2 semi-clones. Mine are Dixie & Goroh. And I actually have a third which is Toon Zelda.
How is Samurai Goroh a semi-clone?

D

Deleted member

Watch, Cranky Kong is going to reveal tomorrow that he is in Smash Bros.

#TeamCranky

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I don't think it's naive not having semi-clones. Yes, we have had semi-clones in the past, but if we look at Sakurai's five newcomers he has shown off, and how unique they are, it is plausible to assume that he is just going for completely unique characters. Still, I do advocate for the likes of Dixie Kong, so there's that.
What kind of logic is this? Weren't the first 5 newcomers in Brawl unique? How is 5 newcomers being unique like every other Smash game suppose to suggest that all newcomers for the first time in Smash history will be unique?

You'll have to explain this to me because I do not understand at all what you are getting at.

How is Samurai Goroh a semi-clone?
...Because he would share moves with Captain Falcon. Just because he has a sword doesn't mean he's gonna use it.

D

Deleted member

No, he's not going to be a star. :troll:
If anything it's a random reveal that is next.
A random reveal by Sakurai.

However, Cranky Kong is goin' reveal himself (get your minds out of the gutter) tomorrow on Twitter. :troll:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
@ Will Will : A character having something different is in no way a basis to say they will use it. Lucas has different abilities from Ness, but he deserves to share moves with him. So will Samurai Goroh as he is Captain Falcon's rival and is a buff F-Zero pilot just like him. He hardly even uses his sword that much.

I can't imagine him doing a Falcon Punch nor the Raptor Boost at all.
Are you kidding me? Like really?

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
What kind of logic is this? Weren't the first 5 newcomers in Brawl unique? How is 5 newcomers being unique like every other Smash game suppose to suggest that all newcomers for the first time in Smash history will be unique?

You'll have to explain this to me because I do not understand at all what you are getting at.
Little Mac, Mega Man, and to an even greater extent Rosalina add something to the game that no other characters have: a power meter, a projectile-based moveset, and a puppeteer. WFT and Villager bring completely different styles of playing/fighting (health-based moveset and collecting).

Through what he's showing off about the newcomers, he's putting an emphasis on what makes the characters play like no other in the game, which is why it's safe to assume he's really pin-pointing certain characters, figuring out what they can bring that is done by no other and using it in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom