• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Ganondorf's sword wouldn't bring anything newer than his current move set. So why bother when we're already facing constraints?
Is this even a real thing? Really? REALLY? REALLY?!

...*Ahem*, it adds to his character, it adds reach (A heavy improvement that he was overall lacking), and makes him a character all the more true to his franchise. To say it wouldn't bring anything is sincerely bull-Scheiße. And not to mention having a character who uses heavy Magic/Heavy Swordplay isn't something seen in Smash Bros yet, so yet again that adds something new. Stop spewing bias lies.

Last edited:

Espio264

Smash Ace
How would you feel about big the cat as our second sonic character.
I was never crazy about Big as a second Sonic character in a Sonic game, and if you could see all of the Sonic nerd stuff I've got in here, you'd know that means something.

D

Deleted member

He doesn't really need the sword to be honest. Just have it for a minimum of his moves, while keeping the bruiser style he's already established (while de-cloned).
He needs magic more than he needs a sword. He is a warlock, is he not?

Last edited by a moderator:

Espio264

Smash Ace
i liked Big The Cat...a lot
I don't discredit him as a character, I have a soft spot for most Sonic characters, no matter how bad or annoying, and honestly, Big's a whole lot more tolerable than others, but FISHING? In a Sonic game? Come on now.

I did enjoy his story inclusion with Chaos and Froggy, and he was as fun as I guess he could have been in HEROES, but he's no Knuckles dear sir.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Let's get back on topic:

What is everyone's opinion on Tetra's chances and if she should or would be paired with Toon Zelda.

D

Deleted member

It was more along the lines of a joke that Mario is conceptually based on Ryu from Street Fighter and Akuma as seen as a Shotoclone to Ryu, but no, he can Shinkuu Hadoken. :p
Got the joke.

However, Ganondorf is the only one worthy of "I WANT SAUSAGES!"

Espio264

Smash Ace
Sooooo you want him to be a Mario clone? :p
But if Hades becomes a Ganondorf clone, and Ganondorf becomes a Mario clone, then we never really lost any clones, in fact, we gained one.

Ah hell. RIDLEY FOR JIGGLYPUFF CLONE! Just give me some new kids to fight with.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I got bored, and made a Smash 4 roster. Based on the idea that it's incredibly small (40) but no clones of any type, and it's well balanced. Diddy + Dixie are a tag team, ZSS, Newtwo, and Shiek are Transformations.

Cuts:
-Lucas, Wolf, Sonic, Snake, Falco, Toon Link

Additions:
-Dixie, King K Rool, Takamaru, Villager, Little Mac, Tingle, Shulk, Mewtwo, Palutena, Ridley, Krystal, Miis

I had a hard time cutting Wolf, but I thought Krystal would play more interesting than him, so I did. I wanted to include a new FE character, but I opted for Takamaru. (Plus I couldn't decide between Lyn, and Robin) Other than that the inclusions and cuts were pretty easy choices in my eyes.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Got the joke.

However, Ganondorf is the only one worthy of "I WANT SAUSAGES!"
I always heard it more as "TEN THOUSAND SAUSAGES!" myself.

But if Hades becomes a Ganondorf clone, and Ganondorf becomes a Mario clone, then we never really lost any clones, in fact, we gained one.

Ah hell. RIDLEY FOR JIGGLYPUFF CLONE! Just give me some new kids to fight with.
I'm not even sure who the hell I could base Jigglypuff off of in terms of being a conceptual character. :ohwell:

Espio264

Smash Ace
Let's get back on topic:

What is everyone's opinion on Tetra's chances and if she should or would be paired with Toon Zelda.
How does changing the topic get us back on topic?

But to answer your question. Bleh. Give us Tingle already. I'm ready for something weird, not more of the same.

I always heard it more as "TEN THOUSAND SAUSAGES!" myself.

I'm not even sure who the hell I could base Jigglypuff off of in terms of being a conceptual character. :ohwell:
A puffy Ridley is better than no Ridley at all at this point.

Last edited:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
How does changing the topic get us back on topic?
Because the topic is always Character Predictions

I got bored, and made a Smash 4 roster. Based on the idea that it's incredibly small (40) but no clones of any type, and it's well balanced. Diddy + Dixie are a tag team, ZSS, Newtwo, and Shiek are Transformations.

Cuts:

Additions:
-Dixie, King K Rool, Takamaru, Villager, Little Mac, Tingle, Shulk, Mewtwo, Palutena, Ridley, Krystal, Miis

I had a hard time cutting Wolf, but I thought Krystal would play more interesting than him, so I did. I wanted to include a new FE character, but I opted for Takamaru. (Plus I couldn't decide between Lyn, and Robin) Other than that the inclusions and cuts were pretty easy choices in my eyes.
Ummm....I don't mean to rain on your roster, but...

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Let's get back on topic:

Well, personally, I think Tetra is the most likely choice for a new Zelda character, as she would "complete" the roster as it is by giving us the equivalent of Toon Zelda to complement Toon Link. As for whether she'll be paired with Toon Zelda, it's hard to say. If they want to make her a clone of Zelda/Sheik, than that would be the most likely option, but given the emphasis on unique characters, it's quite possible she'll be solo, as without Toon Zelda there's actually a lot more room for her to be her own unique, pirate based character.

Cuts:

Additions:

Wait... you cut Sonic? And Toon Link?

Heck, you don't even have Rosalina, Wii Fit Trainer, or Mega Man on there.

What kind of roster is this again?

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077

Cuts:

Additions:

Cut falco and wolf, then add KRYSTAL??!

I'm out.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Wait... you cut Sonic? And Toon Link?
It's Nintendo All Stars, and it's under 40 characters. I wanted 12 newcomers, and I didn't want cloney characters.

They were easy cuts under the circumstances.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Well, personally, I think Tetra is the most likely choice for a new Zelda character, as she would "complete" the roster as it is by giving us the equivalent of Toon Zelda to complement Toon Link. As for whether she'll be paired with Toon Zelda, it's hard to say. If they want to make her a clone of Zelda/Sheik, than that would be the most likely option, but given the emphasis on unique characters, it's quite possible she'll be solo, as without Toon Zelda there's actually a lot more room for her to be her own unique, pirate based character.
Tetra doesn't have to be a clone of Sheik (nor could she be). But, if one Zelda is a Zelda + A unique Zelda twist and the other is a Zelda + A unique Zelda twist, so it makes sense. :p

(I wonder if there is anybody on this site with Toon Sheik on their roster...)

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
It's Nintendo All Stars, and it's under 40 characters. I wanted 12 newcomers, and I didn't want cloney characters.

They were easy cuts under the circumstances.
But... what kind of roster is this exactly? Is this a wish roster, or a prediction?

I'm seriously hoping it's the former.

Espio264

Smash Ace
I want my own Ridley balloon too. :p That being said, Ridley's already got a clear-cut conceptual character, Firebrand. For Jigglypuff...I'm thinking Anakaris. :p
Most of those words may as well have been Russian to me, but you ended it with a smiley, so I'm gonna take it as though something happy went down.

Honestly at this point, I've stopped caring about what the end roster might look like. I didn't think I could be as excited for Little Mac as I was when we got him. The reveals are so exciting, no matter who they are. And based off some of your rosters, we could get Lip and Starfy and Dora the Explorer and the whole freakin' cast of Glee, but I'd still be jacked for reveals.

Just as long as Falco and Mewtwo make their bad ass return. And you know, balloon Ridley.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If Tetra doesn't need to be a Sheik clone, neither would Impa.

D

Deleted member

But... what kind of roster is this exactly? Is this a wish roster, or a prediction?
I'm seriously hoping it's the former.
It's neither.
It's a hypothetical roster he made on the grounds that no 3rd Parties or clones of any sort were ever present.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
As I said, I made a roster
Based on the idea that it's incredibly small (40) but no clones of any type, and it's well balanced
Those were the circumstances.

Last edited:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
If Tetra doesn't need to be a Sheik clone, neither would Impa.
............................................................................................................................what???? :confused:

Sense...this post produces none of it.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Most of those words may as well have been Russian to me, but you ended it with a smiley, so I'm gonna take it as though something happy went down.

Honestly at this point, I've stopped caring about what the end roster might look like. I didn't think I could be as excited for Little Mac as I was when we got him. The reveals are so exciting, no matter who they are. And based off some of your rosters, we could get Lip and Starfy and Dora the Explorer and the whole freakin' cast of Glee, but I'd still be jacked for reveals.

Just as long as Falco and Mewtwo make their bad *** return. And you know, balloon Ridley.
Falco and Mewtwo are all but guaranteed at this point, as Falco has no reason to leave and Mewtwo has no reason not to return. And someone needs to give Jigglypuff a Ridley skin. :p

My only question is what Falco could be given to diverse himself more from Fox...except you know...different throws being a good place to start.

Last edited:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Uherdmelol
Does this mean if Giygas doesn't have to be a clone that Ninten doesn't either? You can't say that because one character wouldn't be a clone that a character with no resemblance whatsoever wouldn't be a clone of a character who is basically the same thing.

Espio264

Smash Ace
Sheik's the best, and only ninja we need. She's got needles, and chains and a sweet mask, and lady parts. I'm satisfied.

Falco and Mewtwo are all but guaranteed at this point, as Falco has no reason to leave and Mewtwo has no reason not to return. And someone needs to give Jigglypuff a Ridley skin. :p

My only question is what Falco could be given to diverse himself more from Fox...except you know...different throws being a good place to start.
I'm so gonna Photoshop a Ridleypuff. I'll share it with you whenever I get it done.

Falco could easily be given some giant canon or something from Assault. They could use his beak, you know, if they really wanted to. Different aerials and throws definitely. He could be completely different and he'd still be my favorite. Arwing Final Smash is a must though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom