• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CodeBlue_

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-2347-7011-5339
Well, I hope that your post where you made the exact same incessant rants you accused others of, in one thread, against the masses of smash society, helps you.

In general in the world, there will be a lot you may find you dislike. I doubt sitting down and screaming at it will do any more but get you frustrated. I suppose the most you can hope for their is to be broken by the frustration, find it hilarious, and laugh it.
Ok, what are you talking about? What am I doing that is the same as using a image to compare to a franchise that is irrelevant to the Donkey Kong series and its representation to stir up hysteria? What am I doing that make me seem like I'm raging? Do you seriously think I'm being irrational?

I know exactly what will make me stoop down to the point of what you perceive me to be, since apparently I'm already there:

You guys were complaining about this Smash Bros. Uprising theory to a point where a thread was made on the day one of the most interesting items was revealed: the Daybreak.

That seems fair to ***** about something hardly relevant to this picture when I would bet 90% don't even care about what is being showed to you.

90% of the people who are freaking out right now probably don't care for Uprising either. Talk about being unbiased in an argument.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Nah, i'm just joking guys.
You had me. I really thought there was going to be a newcomer reveal. It's been so long since our last one. Weeman, I'm beginning to hallucinate and see trailers on my computer monitor. I even had a prophetic dream about the final roster, but I can't describe that dream because in it, I signed an NDA. You'll have to take my word for it.

CodeBlue_

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-2347-7011-5339
@ pupNapoleon pupNapoleon

Ok I'm sorry I blew up. It's either I can't take a joke and took this personally or I addressed something in a toxic manner.

I just don't like how @ CJ Falcon CJ Falcon used @ ~Krystal~ ~Krystal~ 's post to turn a silly joke into propaganda (call it want you want, I'm calling this propaganda). @ TumblrFamous TumblrFamous is a prime example of the reason I had to nerve to call Kremling out. You guys turn what Sakurai's doing an injustice (if I am exaggerating here, I apologize) when we really should be asking ourselves whether the content Sakurai put in has for the Kid Icarus series has any face value.

Kremling stated twice how he really doesn't care for the series and seems to be using it as a scapegoat. It seems to me that you guys don't care what is put into the series you don't follow but only how much of it is put in relative to the franchise's popularity.

6 items? OVERKILL

17ish Smash Run enemies? OVERKILL

It find it laughable that nobody I have seen has even stated the name of an item or enemy from Uprising. They only mention the series as a whole.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Ok, what are you talking about? What am I doing that is the same as using a image to compare to a franchise that is irrelevant to the Donkey Kong series and its representation to stir up hysteria? What am I doing that make me seem like I'm raging? Do you seriously think I'm being irrational?

I know exactly what will make me stoop down to the point of what you perceive me to be, since apparently I'm already there:

You guys were complaining about this Smash Bros. Uprising theory to a point where a thread was made on the day one of the most interesting items was revealed: the Daybreak.

That seems fair to ***** about something hardly relevant to this picture when I would bet 90% don't even care about what is being showed to you.

90% of the people who are freaking out right now probably don't care for Uprising either. Talk about being unbiased in an argument.
A few ideas as to what you are doing to turn off reader ears.
  • Speaking in overwhelming generalizations; Addressing everyone as a whole unit targets no one
  • A mixture of self pitying and condescending tone, as if you, specifically, are hurt, or as if everyone on this forum is not bugged occasionally by the turn of prominent conversation.
  • All the **** you goddamn ***** **** in your posts; hardly conveys any thought
  • The double standards. Example. Read your post. Now read mind. Who would be perceived as "Freaking Out?"
Perhaps that will help differentiate my point as to why you are in being raging and irrational. If the goal was to make this post above seem more exaggerated than the previous one, it does not.

EDIT: Of course you posted in between my post. :4greninja:'d

Last edited:

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
So are we getting that character reveal soon? :troll:
I'm thinking about Ness for Mother's/EB's sake, & Ridley cus it's still August. Idk who else atm to prepare for.

Off-topic: Can anyone here accept a request to make a signature for me? The signature thread is kinda dead atm. . sorry but thank you.

Last edited:

CoolEric258

Smash Cadet

Ok I'm sorry I blew up. It's either I can't take a joke and took this personally or I addressed something in a toxic manner.

I just don't like how @ CJ Falcon CJ Falcon used @ ~Krystal~ ~Krystal~ 's post to turn a silly joke into propaganda (call it want you want, I'm calling this propaganda). @ TumblrFamous TumblrFamous is a prime example of the reason I had to nerve to call Kremling out. You guys turn what Sakurai's doing an injustice (if I am exaggerating here, I apologize) when we really should be asking ourselves whether the content Sakurai put in has for the Kid Icarus series has any face value.

Kremling stated twice how he really doesn't care for the series and seems to be using it as a scapegoat. It seems to me that you guys don't care what is put into the series you don't follow but only how much of it is put in relative to the franchise's popularity.

6 items? OVERKILL

It find it laughable that nobody I have seen has even stated the name of an item or enemy from Uprising. They only mention the series as a whole.
Ore Club, Drill Arm, Daybreak, X Bomb, Killer Eye, and Back Shield. Boom Stomper, Bumpety Bomb, Clubberskull, Daphne, Flage, Mahva, Megonta, Mimicutie, Monoeye, Nutski, Orne, Reaper, Skuttler, and Zuree.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I'm thinking about Ness for Mother's/EB's sake, & Ridley cus it's still August. Idk who else atm to prepare for.

Off-topic: Can anyone here accept a request to make a signature for me? The signature thread is kinda dead atm. . sorry but thank you.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691

6 items? OVERKILL

What the hell did I do?

Burruni

Smash Hero
For veterans, I think Icies, Wario, or one of the two Mother reps are next. MAYBE Falco.

For newcomers, our Rhythm Heaven character or Bandana Dee.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord

6 items? OVERKILL

I was making a joke at first. When you came along is when it turned into propaganda. I became angry when you just threw the word "nostalgia" out there senselessly.

Last edited:

CodeBlue_

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-2347-7011-5339
A few ideas as to what you are doing to turn off reader ears.
  • Speaking in overwhelming generalizations; Addressing everyone as a whole unit targets no one
  • A mixture of self pitying and condescending tone, as if you, specifically, are hurt, or as if everyone on this forum is not bugged occasionally by the turn of prominent conversation.
  • All the **** you goddamn ***** **** in your posts; hardly conveys any thought
  • The double standards. Example. Read your post. Now read mind. Who would be perceived as "Freaking Out?"
Perhaps that will help differentiate my point as to why you are in being raging and irrational. If the goal was to make this post above seem more exaggerated than the previous one, it does not.
I suppose you are referring to this:
'This is really ****ing annoying that I have to consistently hear other fanbases (I expected a more mature community from the Donkey Kong fanbase) bashing on a game that I like.

This isn't really about series representation or even about Sakurai's bias towards a game he made. This is a case of scapegoating a franchise to vent your salt about something that may or may not be true everywhere. And I'm sick of it.'

Ok, I admit this is a severe generalization. I shouldn't have taken that jab at the DK fanbase that I'm seeing through a very spiteful lens. But you cannot deny that there is a portion of the Donkey Kong fanbase that get worked up over "Super Smash Bros. Uprising" and use it to vent their frustrations about their series is being represented. My point to show my annoyance in it was uncalled for, and I retract it. It's a blatant reflection of my lack of self-control along with my frequent swearing.

and this:
'I remember reading a post in the unpopular opinion thread completely ******ing on Uprising. It called it overrated, criticized its dialogue for not being up to their standard of humor and also completely shot down the voice actors for the North American version of the game.

Nobody goes to appreciate a game that is practically as small in the U.S. as the Pikmin franchise. Nobody played it.

This argument always tends to be the DK/Star Fox/Metroid fanbases vs. Kid Icarus Uprising fanbase. I wonder which one wins.'

I'm sorry I freaked out; this post is both self-pitying and a double standard. I got heated in the moment. I took this argument way out of proportion. But my quote about that post in the unpopular opinion thread shows why I got so upset. It was one person, but it seems to me that Uprising itself isn't getting proper treatment. Then again it shouldn't be part of my argument in the first place.

Outside of this, none of my posts scream as an irrational argument and it is a shame that I snapped at you guys this way. I just want to convey my opinion on this debate.

@ CJ Falcon CJ Falcon I have to apologize. I took i the wrong way. My nostalgia statement was uncalled for as well. I just think at times some people just don't get that Sakurai doesn't necessarily appreciate the game at the same level that they do.

I just find these "jokes" to sometimes be reflective of the frequent hate that comes with this argument. I think I just have to let this one go.

Last edited:

CodeBlue_

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-2347-7011-5339
Ore Club, Drill Arm, Daybreak, X Bomb, Killer Eye, and Back Shield. Boom Stomper, Bumpety Bomb, Clubberskull, Daphne, Flage, Mahva, Megonta, Mimicutie, Monoeye, Nutski, Orne, Reaper, Skuttler, and Zuree.
Ok this made me laugh. I have derailed this thread long enough.

Good luck to K Rool/Dixie supporters and I sincerely hope the Donkey Kong series gets more love this time around. I would love to play a stage based on level 8 in DKCR or maybe a Barrel Cannon as an item.

Apparently I don't know much about the Donkey series as these names are drawing a blank. Funny huh. :grin:

@ TumblrFamous TumblrFamous I took your reply to Kremling about how the uneven representation is inexcusable as an attack on the Kid Icarus series. I think all of my posts tend to be caused by misinterpretations.

EDIT: Rocket Barrel not Barrel Cannon

Last edited:

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
Lanky would be awesome. We've never had a Dhalsim-esque fighter in Smash.
Dhalsim is my main in SF, I hadn't even thought of that, he's just the closest kong to a Gibbon

6 items? OVERKILL

Not liking a series, or liking a series, has nothing to do with the clear disproportionate representation of KI vs. any other series. Us not liking the series doesn't make us wrong, nor does you liking the series make it right. It's a very clear bias in terms of representation as of the current revealed stuff. I don't really care either way, but having a problem with overrepresentation is completely valid even if we/they havent played the game

Last edited by a moderator:

Charkoaler

Smash Rookie
NNID
charkoaler
3DS FC
3969-5051-8391
I wonder if there will be a Nintendo Direct this Month?
The closer we get to the release date, the less hopeful I am that we'll get any sort of direct or a newcomer reveal (gotta save some for secret characters :shades:). With a little more than a month left all i'm hoping for is perhaps one or two returning vets to be announced before it hits the shelves

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
@ TumblrFamous TumblrFamous I took your reply to Kremling about how the uneven representation is inexcusable as an attack on the Kid Icarus series. I think all of my posts tend to be caused by misinterpretations.
I am an avid fan of the KI series. Palutena was my most wanted newcomer. Uprising is my favorite 3DS game. Even I can see that the representation they're getting over DK and Metroid is pretty shocking and unfair.

CodeBlue_

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-2347-7011-5339
I am an avid fan of the KI series. Palutena was my most wanted newcomer. Uprising is my favorite 3DS game. Even I can see that the representation they're getting over DK and Metroid is pretty shocking and unfair.
I guess don't see it as bad as you do. I think I just need to respect opinions that criticize game decisions and stop taking stuff way out of proportion.

I think my outburst was due to how popular this opinion seems to me. Kremling's original post got about 10 likes and that really threatened me for some reason.

I simply cannot criticize Sakurai for putting stuff that he made into this game. It seems illogical to me to get upset about this.

I think you guys are upset with the lack of DK and Metroid representation more than Uprising getting a lot of attention and I think that is my flaw when it comes interpreting what you guys are saying. Am I right about this?

Last edited:

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
I guess don't see it as bad as you do. I think I just need to respect opinions that criticize game decisions and stop taking stuff way out of proportion.

I think my outburst was due to how popular this opinion seems to me. Krem;ing's original post got about 10 likes and them really threatened me.
Twenty-five likes actually. But seriously, get over it. No one's trying to attack you personally. I'd probably be mad at Donkey Kong if it were a Sakurai series and it was getting oodles of content over Kid Icarus, being a Retro series.

CodeBlue_

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-2347-7011-5339
Twenty-five likes actually. But seriously, get over it. No one's trying to attack you personally. I'd probably be mad at Donkey Kong if it were a Sakurai series and it was getting oodles of content over Kid Icarus, being a Retro series.
No I'm fine now, just trying to explain my reasoning. I'm ok with your concerns about the unfair representation now. Just gotta accept that people have different opinions. That's all.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Personally, I'm decently neutral on the KI:U & DKC / Metroid debate of representation. Their series are all now on par in terms of Chracter selection. I see that as 'good enough, they all have 2 playable series characters'. What mostly matters to fans & smashers are the characters.
NOW WHERE'S MY F-ZERO & WARIOWARE & PIKMIN & YOSHI love?

Last edited:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
How would you guys react if our Zelda newcomer was Byrne?:

View attachment 22827
...I wouldn't be mad. Actually I think I'd be in the minority in that I'd actually love to see him cause...
...ok take a deep breath before you read this cause it'll probably incite a flame war.
Deeeeeeeep breaths.
Got that fanboy out of your systems yet?
If not I wouldn't recommend reading the spoiler.
Spirit Tracks is my favorite Zelda game :|

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Personally, I'm decently neutral on the KI:U & DKC / Metroid debate of representation. Their series are all now on par in terms of Chracter selection.
Not remotely.

Only Metroid and KI are on par.

how about that sig tho

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
...I wouldn't be mad. Actually I think I'd be in the minority in that I'd actually love to see him cause...
...ok take a deep breath before you read this cause it'll probably incite a flame war.
Deeeeeeeep breaths.
Got that fanboy out of your systems yet?
If not I wouldn't recommend reading the spoiler.
Spirit Tracks is my favorite Zelda game :|
I've actually met quite a lot of people who agree with you on that, or at least like it alot, i myself think it's pretty underrated at least.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero

I think my outburst was due to how popular this opinion seems to me. Kremling's original post got about 10 likes and that really threatened me for some reason.

I simply cannot criticize Sakurai for putting stuff that he made into this game. It seems illogical to me to get upset about this.

I think you guys are upset with the lack of DK and Metroid representation more than Uprising getting a lot of attention and I think that is my flaw when it comes interpreting what you guys are saying. Am I right about this?
There is frustration about overrepreentation of a single series. If there 25 assests for DK or Metroid and 4 for KI, most of would cry foul the same way. It's not that we hate Ki or any series in particular, its that we hate when one seires gets a gross amount of precedence and attention over any other series.

Let me put it this way: If DK got DK, Diddy, Dixie, K.Rool, bannans, coconut guns, springs, Barrel Cannons, a handful of AT's, 3 or 4 stages, and a plethora of smash run enemies, and KI got Pit, a Dark Pit clone, maybe an item, a stage or two, and the floating eyeball for a smash run enemy, would that run you the wrong way? It's not which series is getting it, its that any series at all is getting it while other series are getting sorely ignored. It just happens to be your favorite series that's the overrepped series. If it was DK we'd be say it's being over repped. Same with Metroid.

EDIT: Ninja'd

EDIT2: @ pupNapoleon pupNapoleon Animals you ride in Oracles? Dimitrie for smash4

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Animal Buddies are my favorite part of DK.

I really just want a Summoning Crate for them.
Everyone knows summoning items are the best part of Smash.
And these would be different- you would turn into them for a short time, they would not be assists!

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Animal Buddies are my favorite part of DK.

I really just want a Summoning Crate for them.
Everyone knows summoning items are the best part of Smash.
And these would be different- you would turn into them for a short time, they would not be assists!
Yeah but that would never happen because, well, you know why. Kid Icarus Bros. 4

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom