• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
Duck Hunt hint? Bowser Jr. rock? Pac-Man cloud? Sorry for not knowing, but where were each of them? Sound intriguing.
I have no desire to look for pics, so I'll just describe them and let you look for yourself

Bowser Jr.: As Link and DK look up to the mountain, there's a rock towards the top-left that appears to resemble Bowser Jr.

Pac-Man Cloud: After Greninja jets off, there is a Pac-Man shape among the clouds in the distance.

Duck Hunt crack: As Captain Falcon looks up at the floating Robin, there is an unnatural looking crack that resembles the 8-Bit Duck from Duck Hunt.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
Because we're talking about the best smash character Jigglypuff and how she looks, let's look at her art throughout Smash:

:jigglypuff64::jigglypuffmelee::jigglypuff:

Now in all of her artwork, she is preforming the exact same pose, staring into the camera with green eyes. However, in the Pokemon games, she is preforming lots of different poses.

they're holding hands how cute is that

In order:
  • Red, Blue + Yellow Artwork
  • Fire Red + Leaf Green Artwork
  • Diamond, Pearl + Platinum Sprite
  • Emerald Sprite
  • Yellow Sprite
  • Gold Sprite
  • Crystal Sprite

Personally, I think Jigglypuff needs some new artwork that isn't the same old stare into the camera creepily over-and-over again. I think they should make her render look like her artwork from Generation 1.

y'all need some jigglypuff in yo lives

Last edited:

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
I feel like those examples given, are fabricated imaginations. I see a Horsea cloud from the Greninja trailer at that moment in the sky rather than a Pac-Man cloud, though I did glimpse a Pac-Man-esque cloud but I still saw Horsea more obviously to my eyes. Maybe I imagined Horsea because it's a pokemon trailer Idk.

For Jigglypuff's look, I'd make her curl a bit more like the games portray her, cutting the length of the curl making it more upright instead of laying towards one direction.

Edit: Melee & Brawl Jiggly looks like fire is reflecting off her iris', that's creepy indeed.

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Man I wish Sakurai would just evolve the pokemon for each passing Smash Brothers game. . .We'd have MegaWigglytuff & MegaRaichu by now. (Kidding)

CoolEric258

Smash Cadet
Warning Received
I have no desire to look for pics, so I'll just describe them and let you look for yourself

Bowser Jr.: As Link and DK look up to the mountain, there's a rock towards the top-left that appears to resemble Bowser Jr.

Pac-Man Cloud: After Greninja jets off, there is a Pac-Man shape among the clouds in the distance.

Duck Hunt crack: As Captain Falcon looks up at the floating Robin, there is an unnatural looking crack that resembles the 8-Bit Duck from Duck Hunt.

Hope this helps!
I saw Pac-Man and Bowser Jr., but I don't see the Duck. Either way,
-Content Removed-

Last edited by a moderator:

Charkoaler

Smash Rookie
NNID
charkoaler
3DS FC
3969-5051-8391
While we're on the subject of Jigglypuff, I have an idea for one of her alternate costumes. She'd be covered from top to bottom with blood splatters, and her eyes are a deep red with glints of yellow

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
I want Jiggly's new render to look like this:
I'm being completely serious right now when I say I'd love to have this instead of Jigglypuff. That way we wouldn't have two round pink thingies, and it could still keep the same moveset and all.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I want Jiggly's new render to look like this:
Wigglytuff is one of those evolutions I just hate, it looks like someone just ran over a Jigglypuff and whoopidoo. Only Clefable is worse.

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Wigglytuff is one of those evolutions I just hate, it looks like someone just ran over a Jigglypuff and whoopidoo. Only Clefable is worse.
Hi Wario.

I like Wigglytuff's design more because the eyes aren't such a standout feature. Jiggly's eyes have always kinda freaked me out. I would be more repulsed than drawn to a creature I saw with those that big.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Good thing Clefable's shadow [fan theory spoiler, it's Gengar] completely makes up for it.:shades:

Edit: We need Wigglytuff's shadow as a ghost pokemon for Gen 7. Yes guys?

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Hi Wario.

I like Wigglytuff's design more because the eyes aren't such a standout feature. Jiggly's eyes have always kinda freaked me out. I would be more repulsed than drawn to a creature I saw with those that big.
I think I really over-exaggerated my hate for Wigglytuff btw, I really love him in Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky.

But yeah, of course, preferences and all.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
But seriously, evolved forms are just a pokemon fan wish, ranting for little meaning, but why can't we get Raichu playable? I mean seriously. . .The Melee Pikachu isn't even the same Pikachu in Brawl, it's Pichu & we've been talking **** about Pichu being a joke this whole time for 10+ years. Raichu for SSB6.:troll:

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I think I really over-exaggerated my hate for Wigglytuff btw, I really love him in Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky.

But yeah, of course, preferences and all.
Yeah, we're bound to like different Pokemon out of the 1000s that exist (hyperbole don't shoot me!). About Clefable... Doesn't it look like it's from Earthbound? Check it out.

But seriously, evolved forms are just a pokemon fan wish, ranting for little meaning, but why can't we get Raichu playable? I mean seriously. . .The Melee Pikachu isn't even the Brawl Pikachu, it's Pichu & we've been talking **** about Pichu being a joke this whole time for 10+ years. Raichu for SSB6.:troll:
Who wouldn't want a heavier electric rat? He would be harder to KO! Raichu is so much better than Pikachu. It's not even a comparison!

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
But seriously, evolved forms are just a pokemon fan wish, ranting for little meaning, but why can't we get Raichu playable? I mean seriously. . .The Melee Pikachu isn't even the same Pikachu in Brawl, it's Pichu & we've been talking **** about Pichu being a joke this whole time for 10+ years. Raichu for SSB6.:troll:
I actually wanted a Pichu / Pikachu / Raichu all in one character.

PuffSmash

Smash Apprentice
While we're on the subject of Jigglypuff, I have an idea for one of her alternate costumes. She'd be covered from top to bottom with blood splatters, and her eyes are a deep red with glints of yellow
Not sure if you're joking but this sounds cool to me. I was also thinking she would look cool with a music outfit instead of just different hats... Like a Elvis outfit or Spice girls Union Jack dress. If there must only be hats maybe one of those headgear-microphones. I could go all day with costume ideas for this one.

I STILL think it would be so awesome if every character has a 8-bit costume!

Burruni

Smash Hero
For Jigglypuff, there are just 4 things I want. In order of importance: Returns (almost assured), returns to or nearly meets her Melee strength and mobility (Brawl nerfed her into being almost unusable), gets back her crown and green belt (best outfits), and her final smash gets changed and/or her special alts show some of her fairy typing. Sure, an alt of her up special that wasn't terrible for recovery would be nice, but inconsequential in the long run.

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
@ Burruni Burruni We've been over this;), so I won't need to reply to ya for your 4 points. Although for Banmco co-developing fixing / balancing characters, I'm certain they'll make her default UpB grant some vertical recovery no matter how petty it will perform, sort of like Yoshi's story. . .pun intended.:shades:

Last edited:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Pichu might be interesting if it evolved to Pikachu and then Raichu.

Landing electric attacks gives experience. Experience evolves your pokemon.

Pichu would still hurt itself like in Melee.

Pikachu would be Pikachu and Raichu would have more range and power.

Last edited:

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
Someone mentioned Pichu, so let's talk about these guys for Project M Smash 4.

I think the Pichu Brothers could be an interesting DLC character for Smash Bros / character for Sma5h. It's essentially Pichu Climbers. Thoughts?

Brindor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2939-3197-6187

I think the Pichu Brothers could be an interesting DLC character for Smash Bros / character for Sma5h. It's essentially Pichu Climbers. Thoughts?
Plusle and Minun would be better for an Electric type Ice Climber thing.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero

inbriceclimbersarecut
Other than there being two, how would they be different than one crappy pichu? Not to be a jerk, but I can't imagine what they'd do differently except for some cute hand holdings moves, which would be admit-ably adorable, I'm not agains them, just want to here what makes them unique

also, have the mods gotten stricter, i see some wack warnings for off-topic, but people can sit here and waste posts talking about fake the leak is, which is getting real old. I don't get this selectivity suddenly, we hardly ever had mods monitor us, especially this closely. Can a mod who undoubtedly reads this shed some light on the heightened security?

Niala

Smash Ace

I've always said Pokemon shouldn't be taking it's specifics from the anime. This is Nintendo's all-stars.

That aside, I also don't like the Ice Climbers nor do I care for Pichu returning, so the concept has me quite disinterested.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
Here's my prediction; I'm hoping we still get a RH rep (perhaps swapping out Chorus Kids for Marshal like how Chrom was swapped out for Lucina during development), as well as Shulk, plus maybe two more Xenoblade reps (since we have 2 Awakening reps). And even without the Gematsu leak, I still think DLC may happen.

I'm also going off the assumption that Random becomes Mii (Fighters) when customization is enabled, and that third party assist trophies (ergo, standalone without a playable rep from said third party) are a possibility since Rayman is a third party trophy (may actually be an assist like possibly Phosphora?)

*EDIT* I added Jigglypuff (forgot her the first time) to the main roster and added Aeron (Pandora's Tower) and Kalas (Baten Kaitos; it was either him or KOS-MOS assuming Shulk/Fiora/Melia is in so that both Namco and Monolith Soft are involved. I settled on Kalas) to the Assist Trophy Lineup. Use the old chart for a reference as to what's what.
Three Xenoblade reps will never happen.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Because there's no such thing as a "Raichu," Pichu evolves into Pikachu and the line ends there according to GF. :troll:

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Three Xenoblade reps will never happen.
If you saw my later edits, you'll see I reduced it to two. You're only allowed to make one post for all your rosters and I know a 2nd XC rep is still a stretch but I corrected my earlier mistake. I made the third an AT, but I guess we'll only get her staff as a usable item or something.

Last edited:

PuffSmash

Smash Apprentice
As a huge pokemon fan I do not like the idea of one character evolving from pichu to pikachu to raichu. However if they were all seperate characters, I'd be fine with that. I'd love for pichu to come back, people who could play as him were pretty impressive.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
I just think cranky is more iconic/important (original dk perfect for the next games history character lol) but I love all the kongs minus kiddy
I also do love Cranky, and Funky, any of those three can get in. But we should probably work on getting a third first

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom