• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
The fact that this leak hasn't been cleanly debunked an hour ago like all the other 99 million fake screenshots I've seen is enough to convince me that this is most likely real.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The fact that this leak hasn't been cleanly debunked an hour ago like all the other 99 million fake screenshots I've seen is enough to convince me that this is most likely real.
Never count your chickens until they hatch. An official source is needed, or else the images are completely fake.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
You might not want to be so hasty; this does have precedent. As others are saying, there have been several leaks in the past that were not immediately disproven and became widely believed before ultimately being disproven. One hour is just not enough time to determine its legitimacy.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Well then screw you too :c not really i love you all

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
It's a horrible leak, it's a freaking nightmare of a roster....how could you want it to be real......

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
This leak has way too many inconsistencies to be real, it just can't be real. And if it is, then seriously. What. The. ****. I am disappointed beyond belief. First of all the most nonsensical CSS with Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, and Lucina together just cause they're clones? Why does that make any sense. A **** load of disappointing cuts, Bowser Jr., Duck Hunt (Not even the damn dog, just duck Hunt), and Shulk as the only true newcomers left, veteran DLC, lack of representation in terms of stages, not a single one of the hype three, the disappointment just goes on and on. To be clear the newcomers listed I don't mind, I'm all for Shulk, Dark Pit, Duck Hunt (Still not getting over that naming), and Bowser Jr. And yeah, yeah I understand could be more newcomers/veterans, but still again if this is it I'm really disappointed. (And if it is it and what's left character wise is decent, I'm less disappointed I suppose).

Well there's my rant against the leak, I still don't believe it, but man I would be pretty pissed if this is how it all ends is all I'm saying.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Wow I'm gone for a bit of the day at work and all hell breaks loose.

So yeah this supposed leak, to say it leaves much to be desired is an understatement. Snake is not there which gets me the most, but the other cuts and the likes of dr Mario and bowser jr don't sit we'll. I'm not gonna believe its 100% real just yet, but with how it looks I'll leave the possibility open.

Most of all though, it leaves me with the same sense of disgust I had with brawls final roster once that leak was confirmed, so I'm leaning more towards it being true at the moment. Geez this is just depressing after all this time

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I've been away from the likeliest realest leak of them allllll
I do not even know where to begin!

I'm soooo burdened!

Last edited:

Ridley22

Smash Ace
Just a reminder: odd content does not disprove a leak. Character and stage inclusion/exclusion proves nothing (unless the content is nearly impossible to include e.g. Master Chief).

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Preference has nothing to do with how real you think it is. The fact that it is so disappointing is the best proof of all that it's real.
I did not know that being dissapointing was a factor for it's likeliness... so if i make a roster where our only newcomer left is Dark Pit and everyone left from Brawl is cut, then everyone will believe it? :crazy::awesome:

Morbi

Scavenger
Wow I'm gone for a bit of the day at work and all hell breaks loose.

So yeah this supposed leak, to say it leaves much to be desired is an understatement. Snake is not there which gets me the most, but the other cuts and the likes of dr Mario and bowser jr don't sit we'll. I'm not gonna believe its 100% real just yet, but with how it looks I'll leave the possibility open.

Most of all though, it leaves me with the same sense of disgust I had with brawls final roster once that leak was confirmed, so I'm leaning more towards it being true at the moment. Geez this is just depressing after all this time
I feel the opposite, the roster is too good to be true at the moment; therefore, I am quite hesitant. I already stated that I believe that it is fake based on a preponderance of the evidence. However, just like you, I am open to the possibility. Dark Pit... bow chicka wow wow.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I feel the opposite, the roster is too good to be true at the moment; therefore, I am quite hesitant. I already stated that I believe that it is fake based on a preponderance of the evidence. However, just like you, I am open to the possibility. Dark Pit... bow chicka wow wow.
Figured out as much :shades:
I personally would feel rather conflicted, mainly for the abscence of Black Shadow:c

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Just curious since I don't actually know, who are your most wanted newcomers besides Dark Pit? (If you don't mind answering that is)

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
I don't get why Snake would be DLC, If Konami gave them the go ahead to use him, wouldn't he want him as part of the real roster?

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Yup, along with Wolf, Lucas, Ice Climbers, and the Chorus Kids/Men/whatever.
Hmm that might ease the pain a bit if that's true. But part of me feels like he might have just thrown that out at the end to mess with us. I hope if this is true that they don't keep us waiting for it for like a year or something.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
WHY CAN I NOT GET PERMISSION TO SEE THIS!

I don't get why Snake would be DLC, If Konami gave them the go ahead to use him, wouldn't he want him as part of the real roster?
Perhaps development time.
Or perhaps because Konami was in charge of funding the creation of the character himself; that third parties would be in charge of their own characters funding, makes much sense.

Last edited by a moderator:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
So, what about that thing with Ness's shirt design? Is that not a clear indication that this leak may be fake?

Burruni

Smash Hero

So, to just deral this talk about that "leak," here's a roster with some DeLiCous DLC.

Blue: Starter, Veteran
Red: Unlockable, Veteran
Green: Starter, Newcomer
Yellow: Unlockable, Newcomer
Purple: DLC.

Newcomers I added on-disc: Shulk, Marshal (prefered Rhythm Heaven rep), Bandana Dee, King K. Rool, Sceptile. I am prepared for the BD and Sceptile flame.

DLC: All based on the pool-rich franchises. Bowser Jr. having a semi-clone moveset with a Bowser Bomb and Fire-breath combined with artillery weaponry (as the airship captain), and his paintbrush. Dixie for mixture of Diddy and Tiny as a character. Impa because Hyrule Warriors glory can be an excuse if it's DLC! Mewtwo so I can get his fans off my back (though even as a Pokemon fan I still don't want him back), Anna and Dobe+Hikari are 400% my wants because I love these characters being in. Anna is the most important FE character clearly because one of her many generations of herself is in 12 of the 13 games. Dobe & Hikari seem like an interesting character more like Rosaluma than Icies. Krystal because Star fox can have a 4th character I guess. I really don't see more than 7 characters DLCs if it is a thing.

Tear me a new one, Smashboards. Ridley's still a stage boss and Isaac's still an Assist Trophy.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
But it looks like reality went screw it and somehow meshed the top and bottom of the 3DS screen together.

Morbi

Scavenger
Just curious since I don't actually know, who are your most wanted newcomers besides Dark Pit? (If you don't mind answering that is)
I would be happy to! These are my most wanted newcomers, they are not necessarily the characters that I deem likely. As you can see... Dark Pit is the only one that has feasible evidence in his favor. That is precisely why I am so adamant about his inclusion. Waluigi would have been on the list prior to his confirmation as a reoccurring assist trophy.

1. Dark Pit
2. Black Shadow
3. Hades
4. Classic Ganon
5. Medusa

Honorable Mentions
1. Mewtwo
2. Ridley

Prerequisite to get on my list: be a purple antagonist. Robin was also on this list prior to her inclusion.

Burruni

Smash Hero
So, what about that thing with Ness's shirt design? Is that not a clear indication that this leak may be fake?
Ness's shirt, from the clay-style official art for earthbound, and in all 3 previous models for Smash, has had a small 5th yellow stripe visible (because of it not being fully tucked in to his shorts). This was absent in the "leak." Someone went more in depth at like the end of page 1322. Give him the credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom