• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
So Yoshi is now a Mario character and Doctor Mario is not?

I am not sure about this leak. I still think a Rhythm Heaven character will be in.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Looking at the leaked Ness picture, this design definitely is very lacking in details compared to his past three models. Which I think is very unlikely of the team to be suddenly lazy about the design all of a sudden.

Last edited:

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
God... if this is the roster, and Dark Pit makes it in over the likes of Mewtwo and King K Rool, who are GENUINELY Nintendo All-Stars through and through, then I might consider renouncing my praise and love for Smash.

Niala

Smash Ace
Overall character layout is a giant mess. Some things you could get away with by saying "well there might be more characters, it could even out," but what bothers me in particular is having Yoshi in between Rosalina and the other Mario characters. In no iteration of Smash have characters from the same series not been directly beside each other, and as far as Smash is concerned, Yoshi is from Yoshi and Rosalina is from Super Mario. Sorry, nope, don't believe it.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I could have sworn I have absolutely seen that ROB model before. I can't find it but if someone could go on a crusade that would be fantastic
I'm pretty confident you are thinking of this:

From Mario Kart DS. It may look similar, but it is different artwork.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Wasn't the Palutena leak...well true?
Nope. We unanimously thought the Palutena photos were real because they had original designs that couldn't be traced.
However, when Palutena was revealed, the leak didn't match up to her model at all.

Moral of the story: Who cares? We have less than a month until the cat is officially out of the bag, of course there's going to be some enticing fakes.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
I beg of those not satisfied with the roster to use your wallets as a weapon and dont purchase the game, the amount of nobodies to make the roster is ludicrous. I will never buy a sakurai product again if this roster is real. Because its horrible.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
List to Disprove the Leak (Please add on)
  • Wario looks awkward, has a missing pupil.
  • Game & Watch appears to be leaking into Wario's slot
  • Toon Link isn't with Dark Pit, Dr. Mario, and Lucina
  • No Mii Fighter Slot
  • No new stages for DK, Metroid, and Kirby
Anything else?

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Nope. We unanimously thought the Palutena photos were real because they had original designs that couldn't be traced.
However, when Palutena was revealed, the leak didn't match up to her model at all.

Moral of the story: Who cares? We have less than a month until the cat is officially out of the bag, of course there's going to be some enticing fakes.
Cat?
No, no, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Last edited:

Pizzanigs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pizzanigs
I beg of those not satisfied with the roster to use your wallets as a weapon and dont purchase the game, the amount of nobodies to make the roster is ludicrous. I will never buy a sakurai product again if this roster is real. Because its horrible.
While I think this is an exaggeration, I somewhat agree with you. My bias for King K. Rool aside, I would be baffled if such a minuscule series such as Kid Icarus got more representatives than Donkey Kong, all while cutting a perfectly good Star Fox character. Furthermore, characters like Ice Climbers, Wolf, and Lucas get cut, while Dark Pit is included and Dr. Mario returns? That'd be really disappointing.

Last edited:

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
This is the part that I love...
People being biased about everything since nothing is confirmed yet...

We are having the Brawl scenario here all again!

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
  • No Mii Fighter Slot
Anything else?
Wario's other pupil is looking downward near his mustache
It's just some weird shadow on wario's clothes
Tlink is considered his own character, ie not an alt made character
Mii fighter was a differenct screen...i guess
Stages could be second sceen...but yea this is the weirdest one for me

I still don't know what to believe, but I don't think these are the reasons not to

Burruni

Smash Hero
  • No Mii Fighter Slot
Anything else?
Ness's model misses the last yellow stripe on his shirt.
Ganondorf's icon.. ugh.
ONLY Ness was shown as a BRAWL veteran not known yet, and he happened to have the best of their models.
Ice Climbers being cut.
Mii Fighters are a different menu entirely(?)
Stage Select includes a really odd view of Gaur Plains from Xenoblade Chronicles... most Shulk fans believe moreso something like Sword Valley, Fallen Arm, or The Junks ship as a stage (more insignificant, but mildly suspicious)
Duck Hunt Dog in general
Bower Jr. in the K.K.K.K. instead of on his own feet?
Lucas and Wolf, one of which has major fan love and room to differentiate further as a clone and the other is a Semi-clone from the start, are cut in favor of Dr. Mario & Dark Pit (odd choices).

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Ness's model misses the last yellow stripe on his shirt.
Ganondorf's icon.. ugh.
ONLY Ness was shown as a BRAWL veteran not known yet, and he happened to have the best of their models.
Ice Climbers being cut.
Mii Fighters are a different menu entirely(?)
Stage Select includes a really odd view of Gaur Plains from Xenoblade Chronicles... most Shulk fans believe moreso something like Sword Valley, Fallen Arm, or The Junks ship as a stage (more insignificant, but mildly suspicious)
Duck Hunt Dog in general
Bower Jr. in the K.K.K.K. instead of on his own feet?
Lucas and Wolf, one of which has major fan love and room to differentiate further as a clone and the other is a Semi-clone from the start, are cut in favor of Dr. Mario & Dark Pit (odd choices).
Bowser Jr. is in the KKK?????

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I don't believe this leak at all fr now, but I decided to fill in the rest of the roster anyway. Here's my best guesses:

- Ridley
- King K. Rool
-Mewtwo
- Lucas
-Wolf
-Snake

So we're only down Snake in terms of veterans.
Not too bad, honestly.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
While I think this is an exaggeration, I somewhat agree with you. My bias for King K. Rool aside, I would be baffled if such a minuscule series such as Kid Icarus got more representatives than Donkey Kong, all while cutting a perfectly good Star Fox character. Furthermore, characters like Ice Climbers, Wolf, and Lucas get cut, while Dark Pit is included and Dr. Mario returns? That'd be really disappointing.
Ive wanted wolf in smash since I was 10 years old, I got him in Brawl, he should have been in melee. The fact sakurai has the audacity to over represent his own franchises over more deserving Nintendo characters and adding a ton of marketing tools in the process is blasphemous to me. He should be destroyed if this is true. I love smash but sakurai may have just took a step too far for me..

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I'm waiting for the next character reveal before calling it a wrap. If the aesthetics lineup with what we've seen so far, the leak's a done a deal.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Bowser Jr. is in the KKK?????

I dunno what else would explain that green band at his waist. Fits with him using it in the recent New Super Mario Bros games and his secret boss fight in Mario & Luigi Dream Team. Seems like an ODD choice to say the least. As an up special? Maybe. But as part of the base model? No.

Edit: I always thought his own mini-version of it was called the Koopa Kid Klown Kar.

Last edited:

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord

I dunno what else would explain that green band at his waist. Fits with him using it in the recent New Super Mario Bros games and his secret boss fight in Mario & Luigi Dream Team. Seems like an ODD choice to say the least. As an up special? Maybe. But as part of the base model? No.
I don't know what that has to do with dressing up like a ghost and attending mass hate rallies, but ok...

XLIFE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
fevariblaze
I think this is legit-looking, not 100% convinced, but it's looking to be true. Am a little sad at what I'm seeing, but hopefully the black spaces could lead to 6 more slots for our big 3, (Mewtwo, K. Rool, Ridley) Wolf, Lucas and Ice Climbers. If that's the case I'd be a happy camper, but I'm honestly a bit scared. If the doc returned over Mewtwo... Oh Lawd..

Edit: By the way... could someone explain the 5 characters in the touch screen in some shots? Something I'm forgetting?

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
I don't know what that has to do with dressing up like a ghost and attending mass hate rallies, but ok...
1) I used 4 K's, not 3.
2) Koopa Klown Kar, Bowser's small flying mech from Super Mario Word. Junior's has an extra K added in, being the Koopa Kid Klown Kar.

Edit: Apparently the non-Koopa words in these titles were spelt with C's and Junior's is just the Junior Copter.
When did I make up these fake names for things? Probably too much K.Rool mixing with my memories.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Hey, does anyone else think that the artwork of Dr. Mario...

...looks like it's based on this?

I mean, they definitely aren't the same picture; the one in the leak is vastly better quality. But the poses are very similar, I think. Could it have been used as a base for the "leaked" image?

Last edited:

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
Hey, does anyone else think that the artwork of Dr. Mario...

...looks like it's based on this?

I mean, they definitely aren't the same picture; the one in the leak is vastly better quality. But the poses are very similar, I think. Could it have been used as a base for the "leaked" image?
Nooooooooooooooooo of course not! The smash team was just getting... uh... uncreative with their choices of character poses is all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom