• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
I guess we will find out if this is true come next reveal, stage or character.

Gotta say, if this is the roster, the lack of villains overall is... disappointing.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
Man, I think this thread has spoiled us, we're all getting mad because we've been sitting here saying we have to have 50+ characters, wether or not this leak is real or not, it has made me realize how optimistic we are, and how crushed we're probably gonna be (again). I'll be really bummed if we get this as the final roster without Issac, but no ridley is a plus for me :p

Though the set up looks strange, too pyramidy, we only had that in Melee and that was because of the last minute clone additions, either he hasn't unlocked everyone, or its fake. This set up just looks strange to me..plus some of these portraits look like Sheet even for a DS

Ridley22

Smash Ace
I guess we will find out if this is true come next reveal, stage or character.

Gotta say, if this is the roster, the lack of villains overall is... disappointing.
What are you talking about? We got Dark Pit, who is clearly the most wanted villain.......

Gold_Jacobson

Smash Journeyman
I mean... He didn't show one gameplay pic...

He did the menus and CSS like how that one really good Ridley leak was done.

I don't believe it anymore. He had me. But I'm going to vote no.

Espio264

Smash Ace
SUPER SMASH BROS!

NINTENDO'S BEST IN 4 - PLAYER ACTION! plus Dark Pit.

The renders for the newcomers are all convincing, but like a few of you said, the veterans all look like they were ripped from SSE (except Ness). Even G&W looks really sketchy.

Plus Cut Wolf and Lucas, 2 good clones for 2 unnecessary, unoriginal, alternate versions of characters we've already got? Lame.
I don't want to believe.

Doopliss_Swe

Smash Journeyman
I don't take offense to it, I'm just saying putting blind faith into this is outright idiotic.

I don't want to say you're an idiot. I think it's unfair to call anyone names just for speculating. But when your speculation comes down to throwing all logic out the window and simply saying "I'm trusting my gut on this", you are literally saying outright "Hey, I know this leak is full of crap, but I'm going to believe it anyway." It's just unfathomable to me that you'd willingly believe a leak you know is illegitimate...
I'm not saying "This is definitely real", simply that I choose to believe it for now, until we get more information. The main reason for this is that some of these inconsistencies are too obvious (like the slight design changes in the menus) , and someone who put down this much effort on a fake leak wouldn't miss something like that. Of course, maybe the creator wants us to think like that, but that would just make no sense when they can play it safe and do it exactly like it looked before. Another reason is that I've been pessimistic about IC's chances since the 3DS version was confirmed. The final reason is that... That Duck Hunt artwork just... Feels right. I think it fits the artstyle perfectly.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Man, I think this thread has spoiled us, we're all getting mad because we've been sitting here saying we have to have 50+ characters, wether or not this leak is real or not, it has made me realize how optimistic we are, and how crushed we're probably gonna be (again). I'll be really bummed if we get this as the final roster without Issac, but no ridley is a plus for me :p

Though the set up looks strange, too pyramidy, we only had that in Melee and that was because of the last minute clone additions, either he hasn't unlocked everyone, or its fake. This set up just looks strange to me..plus some of these portraits look like Sheet even for a DS
Actually, I'd say if this leak is real it proves 54 characters is right. This character roster would've fit better with 10 wide.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Are we talking about the same thing? The stage screen? No it doesn't.

The lack of Kirby, EarthBound, and Ice Climbers stages entirely.
GameBoy is Kirby's stage. We have no idea what universe it fits under, as SmashWiki makes assumptions about who it belongs to. The icon is clearly showing footage from Kirby.

Pinkin Island is an area in Earthbound and could be the stage that we don't know about. Said stage is the pinky-purple one.

If Ice Climbers aren't in the game (and judging by these pics, they aren't), they don't need a stage.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Certainly disappointing enough to be legit. Nothing for DK or Metroid, no Mewtwo, only one new villain, and three KI characters.

Still, better to rip off the band-aid now than in a month.

Last edited:

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
Actually, I'd say if this leak is real it proves 54 characters is right. This character roster would've fit better with 10 wide.
I'm only counting 48, are you saying he's got 6 to unlock still?

Also, why is Doc so pissed in his portrait

Last edited:

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
So is anyone else sick as a dog from waiting for a new trailer or a direct? It's been over a month since the Robin trailer and there ain't much time til release. How ****ing long do I have to wait, Masahiro????????

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Guys, someone on Gamefaqs found something interesting. Search Nintendo Direct on google, go under tools and select past 24 hours and look at the first result.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm only counting 48, are you saying he's got 6 to unlock still?

Also, why is Doc so pissed in his portrait
Maybe not 54, or perhaps it is 54 since Mii Fighters aren't on here. The reason why I say that is the layout. If it were 48, it'd make more sense for the roster to be 10 wide and 5 high.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
Maybe not 54, or perhaps it is 54 since Mii Fighters aren't on here. The reason why I say that is the layout. If it were 48, it'd make more sense for the roster to be 10 wide and 5 high.
Oh word, I get what your saying now, if this was all there was, it'd be arranged differently.

In other news, I love how much everyone on 4chan hates Ridley..and how aggressive they are.

But Doc's mustache make's me uncomfortable, why is it so dark

Niala

Smash Ace
http://www.smashbros.com/wii/en_us/characters/index.html
This is what keeps me optimistic. Sakurai didn't reveal all the characters before Brawl's release in Japan, granted most were revealed before, but there still was some hidden.
Good point, but if I may rebut, the circumstances do differ. Character reveals in Brawl's period weren't quite as profound as this time around. I will cede, though, that it's very possible there are characters we don't know about for a few days after the games' release.

Empty Number

Smash Journeyman
Ready for the PotD right about now. Need my shining knight Sakurai to swap some pictures around from his vault and reveal a veteran to debunk this incredibly disappointing leak.

Doopliss_Swe

Smash Journeyman
Someone on Gfaqs mentioned that the footage might be from the trailer nintendo sent to ESRB for evaluation. That would explain why an ESRB employee was able to leak it despite not playing the game, and why you can't see the actual 3DS in the pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom