• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
True that Dr. Mario DP, & Lucina are not in their respected series / rows, but the clones all bunched together seems fitting. Still thinking it's not the real deal, but its look can be a deal, but not sold.

Tr1pleDee

Together now!
NNID
Tr1pleDee
3DS FC
2964-8670-3007
Switch FC
SW-6770-0026-7427
Oh my god the Shulk render is so beautiful. Someone post it here.

edit: nvm.

BUT OMG

Last edited:

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Kind of odd the stages don't have names or a pop-up message about their name plus the series they originate from, like all the other Smash Brothers games did during the stage select.
But it's cut-off so Idk

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
To be fair, it could be because the game was in an earlier stage when it was shown. Also, I don't see nothing wrong about the positions on the roster (the three clones are together)
Why are all the other clones in their respective series?

Because they're veterans? Then what about Doc?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Dear, Leak:

If you've got the complete game and all it's characters in hi-res, could I suggest you reposition your camera so as to actually see the top screen? Also, since you obviously have the game: RELEASE SOME GAMEPLAY!!

- Sincerely, The World

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Its already confirmed fake, its inconsistent and things don't line up with the actual game. The renders of some of the new characters are pretty good, though.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
With Ice Climbers, Lucas, and Wolf gone, plus the amount inconsistencies, makes me think this definitely fake. Sorry guys, this isn't the roster. I'm actually glad it isn't.

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
Kind of odd the stages don't have names or a pop-up message about their name plus the series they originate from, like all the other Smash Brothers games did during the stage select.
Could be on the bottom screen. This is so back and forth. Ugh. The thing it really has going for it, is that anyone saying "but this was different in the E3 model" is easily countered by the E3 model not being final. Names could be removed to make room/unclutter, colors could be changed, etc.

Or, you know, it's a great big fakey fakerson. *shrug*

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
The fake is impressive and I love the roster but jesus the inconsistencies.

Last edited:

ZecaOMestre

Smash Apprentice
Why are all the other clones in their respective series?

Because they're veterans? Then what about Doc?
That's a great point actually. It could mean Ganondorrf and Falco got decloned, but then again, Toon Link is just as much as a clone as he was last time

Dudemaster47

Smash Cadet
To be fair, it could be because the game was in an earlier stage when it was shown. Also, I don't see nothing wrong about the positions on the roster (the three clones are together)
If the clones are grouped together, why is Toon Link still grouped with his own series? He's just as much a clone as the rest of them.

Morbi

Scavenger
Could be on the bottom screen. This is so back and forth. Ugh. The thing it really has going for it, is that anyone saying "but this was different in the E3 model" is easily countered by the E3 model not being final. Names could be removed to make room/unclutter, colors could be changed, etc.

Or, you know, it's a great big fakey fakerson. *shrug*
Agreed, most of the inconsistencies can be answered with hypothetical scenarios; however, I am probably going to assert that it is more likely than not, a fake image. I have to give the leaker props for those CSS icons though, they are GREAT looking. Better than most of the icons designed by the Smash team to be utterly honest.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I just remembered.

ESRB don't play games, but get checklists and DVDs showcasing footage.

Last edited:

RankoChan

Smash Apprentice
Looks like the leaker is finished for now. They left with this:
4chan Leaker said:
LAST THING FROM ME.

DLC:
LUCAS
WOLF
CHORUS MEN
ICE CLIMBERS
SNAKE

MY FRIEND MIGHT STILL HANG AROUND THOUGH.
If this is legit, I'm surprise the Chorus Men/Kids didn't make the final cut and are instead DLC.

Last edited:

ZecaOMestre

Smash Apprentice
Looks like the leaker is finished for now. They left with this:

If this is legit, I'm surprise the Chorus Men/Kids didn't make the final cut and are instead DLC.
I would be so fine with this roster + this DLC. Holy ****. I don't want it not to be true :(

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
This "leak" proves two things to me: I will not be able to wait til USA release to know the full roster, and I'll be 100% fine with whatever said roster is. There's already enough for me to be interested by, and anything else coming up is just icing. ^__^

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Stage select screen.
Battlefield, Final Destination, 3D Land, Golden Plains, Paper Mario, Rainbow Road
Mushroomy Kingdom, Jungle Japes, Gerudo Valley, Spirit Tracks, Yoshi's Island (Brawl), Brinstar
N's Castle, Prism Tower, Corneria, F-Zero stage, Arena Ferox, Tortimer Island
Game Boy, Reset Bomb Forest, WarioWare Inc., Distant Planet, Boxing Ring, ??
Living Room, Tomodachi Life, Pictochat, Find Mii, Balloon Fight, Flat Zone 2
??, Wily's Castle, Pac-Maze, Green Hill Zone, Random

Yellow and bolded are the only things we've yet to see. Not buying that we already know an overwhelming majority of the stages that will be in the 3DS version.

If this were real, why would we have no Kirby, Ice Climber, or EarthBound stage? Neither of the ?? stages look like anything from any of those games. At the very least, we'd have a past stage for each of them. Don't give me "Kirby's Dream Land in Game Boy stage probably means it's a Kirby stage!" either. Its logo is already confirmed as not Kirby's. This is on top of having no Xenoblade Chronicles or Rhythm Heaven stage, which I would find hard to believe considering how the only character in Brawl to not have an accompanying stage was R.O.B. (who essentially acts as a Smash OC considering his role in the SSE).

Yeah, this is fake.

Doopliss_Swe

Smash Journeyman
Battlefield, Final Destination, 3D Land, Golden Plains, Paper Mario, Rainbow Road
Mushroomy Kingdom, Jungle Japes, Gerudo Valley, Spirit Tracks, Yoshi's Island (Brawl), Brinstar

Yellow and bolded are the only things we've yet to see. Not buying that we already know an overwhelming majority of the stages that will be in the 3DS version.

If this were real, why would we have no Kirby, Ice Climber, or EarthBound stage? Neither of the ?? stages look like anything from any of those games. At the very least, we'd have a past stage for each of them. Don't give me "Kirby's Dream Land in Game Boy stage probably means it's a Kirby stage!" either. Its logo is already confirmed as not Kirby's. This is on top of having no Xenoblade Chronicles or Rhythm Heaven stage, which I would find hard to believe considering how the only character in Brawl to not have an accompanying stage was R.O.B. (who essentially acts as a Smash OC considering his role in the SSE).

Yeah, this is fake.
t's possible not all stages are unlocked. It's also possible they have stages in the Wii U version but not the 3DS version.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce

Yeah, this is fake.
The link with the logo you posted is not official. That's just the logo Smash Wiki gives to things with unknown logos.

Jje09

Smash Apprentice
The stage below Living room is gaur plains from xenoblade chronicles!

Espio264

Smash Ace
Bowser Jr. And Duck Hunt Dog are fine.

But I'd trade Dr. Mario and Dark Pit each for an Ice Climber.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom