• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
I honestly see choosing your Mii Fighter to be as simple as choosing alts. All of the Mii Fighters you've registered will be under the same tile, and you just toggle through them like you would any other character's alts. Therefore, one slot. But that's just my prediction, it could be totally different.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I count Mii's as one character that took up nearly the same time of development as three characters.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I count Mii's as one character that took up nearly the same time of development as three characters.
Like Pokemon Trainer. Except that time was used in a way people were less vocally upset about.
Personally, I see Mii Fighters in the bottom left of the roster and random in the bottom right.
This way, when Mii fighters are disabled, the slot can just "flip" into a second Random slot, reminiscient of the empty spaces in Melee's roster.

Last edited:

mini paincakes

Smash Journeyman
So this is a "best case scenario" roster.

bestcaseroster.png

Basically, this is what I'd like to see and I expect most of these characters to make it, but it is far more likely that we will only get about 50-54 of the 59 characters listed here.

Karate Joe and Vaati can easily be replaced by any RH heaven/Zelda character, I just like them the most.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Considering there had to have been implementation of the design of a basic moveset, plus custom moves with entirely different properties, multiplied by 3, plus the additional implementation of Miis-onto-in-game-model, plus the outfits galore.... They're worth the effort of 3 and a half, at the very least.

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Like Pokemon Trainer. Except that time was used in a way people were less vocally upset about.
Personally, I see Mii Fighters in the bottom left of the roster and random in the bottom right.
This way, when Mii fighters are disabled, the slot can just "flip" into a second Random slot, reminiscient of the empty spaces in Melee's roster.
Yeah, I think that's my problem with the Mii's. I originally was not against their inclusion(I was certain they'd be in) but I don't like how they were implemented. They had a pretty good amount of potential for a moveset based off the various games they've appeared in. At least the Pokémon Trainer had three different Pokémon. Each are also very iconic so that didn't bother me at all, especially since I was able to play as my favorite Pokémon.

Last edited:

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
Is it wrong that I look at prediction/wish rosters and scan them for Isaac, immediately approving or condemning based on that one character slot? Because I do, and I silently judge.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Is it wrong that I look at prediction/wish rosters and scan them for Isaac, immediately approving or condemning based on that one character slot? Because I do, and I silently judge.
Nah, I scan for Paper Mario first. Is he on the roster? If yes, then A+. If not, I scan for King K. Rool. Is he on the roster? If yes, then A. If neither are on the roster, I still look at all the characters, but I can't give the roster a grade higher than a B+.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I look for Bandana Dee and Sceptile. If neither are there… lets just say, it aint pretty :evil:

D

Deleted member

I love it how nearly everybody on the boards expect Brawl + Mewtwo but with the added information from Greninja's trailer, including me. (Its a shame that I don't expect Sceptile despite supporting him)

D

Deleted member

Why would Miis replace the random slot?
The random slot is present in the game.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Slightly shocked the pages I had to read / skim through was only a couple. *whew*

How I vote is based off brand newcomers, because I usually say the broken record line almost every single time I rate any prediction roster. Also dig random replacing the Mii Fighter's spot during online game-play.

Shagadelic_Baby

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5112-4301-7728
Name only 3 of your Miis that you have planned. 1 of each type.

Sword: frog from chrono trigger
Blaster: old revolver ocelot
Brawler: krillin from Dbz.

Yours?
Brawler: Vinny (Vinesauce)
Sword: Deadpool (Deadpool)
Blaster: Chinigan (Gumble Drumps)

Edit: pft Just noticed how many pages back I was.

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
@ mini paincakes mini paincakes @ Weeman Weeman & @ Gold_Jacobson Gold_Jacobson
All of your rosters meet the criteria for my main way of rating, therefore all of your rosters being fairly solid in their own aspects get a :4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon: out of 10 hyesz! from me.
Broken record line: Because you have the necessary 18+ newcomer category that I mainly use for easy rating.

Last edited:

Gold_Jacobson

Smash Journeyman
I have a few suggestions.

Put Dark Pit as an alt for Pit, on the initial roster.
Cut Chrom from the DLC roster.
Put Snake and Krystal in the DLC roster.

Good Suggestions. But, instead of Krystal, I realized that I need Paper Mario. Can't believe Snake wasn't in there. Krystal will go back in if Issac is confirmed a AT again. I also switched it around to make it more obvious that the DLC appears from the Newcomer tab.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger

Ours are nearly identical pretty similiar. I'm 52 + Random + DLC Tab.

Great minds think alike.
I have a few suggestions.

Put Dark Pit as an alt for Pit, on the initial roster.
Cut Chrom from the DLC roster.
Put Snake and Krystal in the DLC roster.
Even though I do not agree with this miscreant, Kenith... he does make a valid point. Dark Pit is not going to be DLC. That has essentially been confirmed. He is in the game as of current, we must determine in if it is in a relevant capacity. Sakurai would argue...

However, even though Lucina shares her physical stats and techniques with Marth, the characteristics of their attacks differ. When two such similar characters function in an even slightly different manner, I give them a separate spot on the roster since that will affect battle records and whatnot. In that sense, you could say she was very lucky to join the fray!

I trust Sakurai over Kenith to be completely and utterly honest. :denzel:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
DLC is not entirely confirmed, yet to speak hypothetically, were DLC alternate costumes to happen, It would be to die for. Galacta Knight / DarkPit / any possible costume could also be playable slot characters. Sakurai noting in a way that slots don't matter much but then goes around to say that not every veteran will return apologizing for it, this is all putting me back to square 2.:urg:

I don't think DP is DLC either. Mainly my reply

Weeman

Smash Crusader
**** this.png

Actually you know what guys, let's be realistic, 44 is what we're getting, i'm sure this is it:c

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Even though I do not agree with this miscreant, Kenith... he does make a valid point.
I trust Sakurai over Kenith to be completely and utterly honest. :denzel:
Is that necessary?
Sigh...
There is a new picture leak with Dark Pit on it, you should look at it and realize it's fake in a five seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom