• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
I need a picture or it never happened man.
Oooops, seems like I'm mistaken again! I just read it on that Miiverse fanpage, but I read it wrong. It says:

Alph, Brittany, and Captain Charlie’s ship, the S.S. Drake will appear in the background.
I read it as Alph, Brittany, Captain Charlie and the S.S. Drake will appear in the background.

So yeah, those three can still show up, maybe.

Chase

Smash Ace
Welp. . We do kind of need Anti-heroes to fill in Smash. Only confirmed characters I can somewhat decide to be in that eggsact category is :4dedede: & :4metaknight:, but they're mostly misunderstood. They don't struggle with doing the right thing like Dark Pit does.:troll:

Edit:
@ Capt. Butt Stallion Capt. Butt Stallion The answer is yes? So he IS playable. . .now to just play the waiting & winning game.
:warioc: would like to talk to you.

FalcoPaunch!121

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5386-9681-7388
Oooops, seems like I'm mistaken again! I just read it on that Miiverse fanpage, but I read it wrong. It says:

I read it as Alph, Brittany, Captain Charlie and the S.S. Drake will appear in the background.

So yeah, those three can still show up, maybe.
Brittany got deconfirmed a long while ago.

Last edited:

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
:warioc: would like to talk to you.
Welp. . We do kind of need Anti-heroes to fill in Smash. Only confirmed characters I can somewhat decide to be in that eggsact category is :4dedede: & :4metaknight:, but they're mostly misunderstood. They don't struggle with doing the right thing like Dark Pit does.:troll:
Wario atm is not confirmed to be in Sm4sh's roster. I can't wait to speak with him though. It'd be an honor.:wario:

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
I always thought it was Baby Bowser, but maybe I'm wrong there.

In either case, my statement was that Mario wasn't in Yoshi's story, not that no characters from the Mario universe were in Yoshi's Story.
Yeah, but I was just saying that even though Mario himself wasn't in it, the second most undeniable Mario main series character is, baby or not.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
And this is why Yoshi wanted to have his own series spin-off:
Moving on.
I had this question to myself, but discussing characters for Metroid to be fighters in Smash Brothers, who besides Ridley & Meta Ridley could be a likely candidate fighter?

Last edited:

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
Moving on.
I had this question to myself, but discussing characters for Metroid to be fighters in Smash Brothers, who besides Ridley & Meta Ridley could be a likely candidate fighter?
Dark Samus :4yoshi:

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Dark Samus.

Anybody think 4th party characters will be included like Agumon, Angemon, or MLP FIM?
Do you honestly think they have any chance? Because they don't.

Last edited:

FalcoPaunch!121

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5386-9681-7388
Dark Samus :4yoshi:
Dark Samus.
Assist Trophy already.
Moving on.
Anthony and Sylux.
Do you honestly think they have any chance? Because they don't.
Does anyone want them is kinda what I meant.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Was afk. My Metroid question's satisfied, moving on.

This is also interesting though it's pattern-based.

Metaphor-based: Do you believe that once a series makes its first step in the door, it can't be shut out?
Not a metaphor: (Do you think that when a brand new series makes it in Super Smash Bros, does it gain any merit to stay?)

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Metaphor-based: Do you believe that once a series makes its first step in the door, it can't be shut out?
Not a metaphor: (Do you think that when a brand new series makes it in Super Smash Bros, does it gain any merit to stay?)
That's a tough one, I'll go with yes. However, I'm 50/50 on the Ice Climbers. I could see them possibly being cut for technical reasoning. But generally once a series debuts in Smash, I think they should stay. 3rd party characters excluded.

Last edited:

VillagerComesToTown

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jaygroom8

Well I don't really think they need any merit usually once a new series of game is put into smash it stays.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I'd say all series should stay, third parties included.

It would be downright insulting if Snake were cut while Sonic returned. I really hope it doesn't come down to that...

FalcoPaunch!121

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5386-9681-7388

Ice Climbers and 3rd parties and Whatever ROB is called are my answer to the questions.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I already came to terms with Snake not coming back, but you might as well say Shulk and Ness/Lucas aren't in because Monolith and Ape/Itoi aren't credited if you're gonna go with that.

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Right on, by the inputs we especially want the titular fighters to return regardless of 1st, 2nd, or 3rd party, being those such:
:popo::gw::rob:Snake:wario:
These 5 in our says, should return.
@ Zwzchow Zwzchow OUCH! Snake practically de-confirmed.
:4sonic:: Bummer May Horus!

Inb4 people confirm Otacon's codec of "This is a once-in-a-lifetime chance!"

Last edited:

Zwzchow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zwzchow8
3DS FC
1805-3193-2658
I already came to terms with Snake not coming back, but you might as well say Shulk and Ness/Lucas aren't in because Monolith and Ape/Itoi aren't credited if you're gonna go with that.
You have a point

EDIT: Except there's a pic above that essentially says "These are all the guest characters"

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
It also shows Marth & Falcon on the back cover. Maybe pertains to them being starters. Which I'm 50% okay with Falcon being starter in truth. But Marth starter is gonna make beginner players struggle learning his new curve.

Last edited:

Zwzchow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zwzchow8
3DS FC
1805-3193-2658
It also shows Marth & Falcon on the back cover. Maybe pertains to them being starters. Which I'm 50% okay with Falcon being starter in truth. But Marth starter is gonna make beginner players struggle learning his new curve.
Would rather Lucina be starter.
But it's rather weird unlocking Marth finding out (for new players) ohey it's an exact copy. Must be worse than Lucina *ditches*

YT123

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Olaf551
3DS FC
5069-4175-0996
Monolith Soft is first party so they don't have to get credit and it also mentions Creatures Inc which is the successor to Ape.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Monolith Soft is first party so they don't have to get credit and it also mentions Creatures Inc which is the successor to Ape.
So is Intelligent Systems.

Anyway, Itoi was credited in before, why not this time? One of Ness or Lucas is obviously is in.

Also, another interesting thing is that Ubisoft isn't credited despite the fact Rayman is in the game in some form.

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
Outside of the copyrights, Snake NOT being there in the pic with the other guest characters is alone a strong hint towards him not being playable, in my eyes at least. Sigh.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom