• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbi

Scavenger
The best argument in favor of K. Rool's inclusion:
The "best" and only non-merit based argument in favor of King K. Rool's inclusion is that the Kremlings appear in a 3DS exclusive mode.

Hahahahaha... hahahahahahaha... ha... haha...
*wipes elegant tear from beautiful cheek.
Hahahahahahahahahahah!

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
The "best" and only non-merit based argument in favor of King K. Rool's inclusion is that the Kremlings appear in a 3DS exclusive mode.

Hahahahahahahahahahah!
That wasn't funny.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Wouldn't the same have been said of Ness back in the day? He was only the protagonist of one game, and unlike Shulk, not even the first, but is the most fondly remembered character of that series and many love him in Smash. In addition, said series is also very highly regarded among fans even though it's not as successful as some other Nintendo franchises.

Plus, while Shulk hasn't been around as long as some other characters, him and his series do seem to have a strong fanbase to them, and it is getting a very anticipated sequel coming as well. So I don't think he's anywhere close to being a "flavor of the month," he has good enough reason to be added already, and unless something really knocks down the series in the future, I think it will last.
Ness was special earthbound was kinda held to favorites with mr sakurai (I mean we did get Lucas..) I'll say but you could be right, I just hope shulk stands the test of time and isn't a wasted venture if included. As for Marth his bloodline is very important to the series and I'm pretty sure he stars in two games.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
He was hinted at, and to be fair, it's a new series, Shulk is basically the Marth of Xenoblade.

Also, not only is Shulk one of the most requested Smash 4ters but Xenoblade had a HUGE operation to get it released in the US.

To be honest, this is sort of what I want to do regarding your posts...
He seems more like the Eliwood or Ike of Xeno since there were three games before his, but his was the first one to make international popularity.

Weeman

Smash Crusader

Hahahahahahahahahahah!
But he's got it on like Donkey Kong :c

FalcoPaunch!121

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5386-9681-7388
I suppose it depends on whether or not the cliff-hanger implies another trailer, more specifically, one that takes place at Palutena's Temple. I am honestly fairly doubtful unless we get two Kid Icarus Newcomers. That would certainly be a treat, would it not?
Well, really, Dark Pit would be a vet, as he was in SSBB.:troll:

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Interestingly enough, your theory might be correct (in fact, in my subjective opinion, it has been correct thus far). Since the beginning we got "trailers" of Villager and Wii Fit Trainer. Obviously Mega Man was there to mitigate some of the hype. After that, Rosalina, Greninja, and Robin are not necessarily on par with characters such as Ridley, King K. Rool, or Mewtwo. Third parties are obviously the exception, albeit Snake might make an appearance in the same vein as your theory.

What are your... opinions... on Dark Pit? :denzel:
He is an angsty black colored pit with 1 game under his belt. I don't think he is worthy of character status yet but would work great as an alt with a different voice.

Morbi

Scavenger
Well, really, Dark Pit would be a vet, as he was in SSBB.:troll:
Good point, great point, fantastic point, excellent point! It is not as though Sakurai omits veterans without a justifiable reason, for instance, Pokemon Trainer was removed as he was a trio transformation character; however, Charizard, was retained. No reason to cut Dark Pit, the veteran. I am certain that he will get the Young to Toon Link upgrade. Not removed, just... changed... for the better. :troll:

elephant13

Smash Apprentice
Do you guys think they're any chance that Sonic could get a second rep seeing as he is a vet? Possibly Knuckles or someone similar?

FalcoPaunch!121

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5386-9681-7388
Good point, great point, fantastic point, excellent point! It is not as though Sakurai omits veterans without a justifiable reason, for instance, Pokemon Trainer was removed as he was a trio transformation character; however, Charizard, was retained. No reason to cut Dark Pit, the veteran. I am certain that he will get the Young to Toon Link upgrade. Not removed, just... changed... for the better. :troll:
Exactly.
Wario was in Smash 64 and Melee too :seuss:
How would that be?:seuss:

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
Do you guys think they're any chance that Sonic could get a second rep seeing as he is a vet? Possibly Knuckles or someone similar?
It's certainly possible. I would like Knuckles. personally, but Tails is more deserving. I'd be okay with either, but if someone like Shadow or Silver got in, that wouldn't make me happy.

Exactly.

How would that be?:seuss:
Mario had a Wario color scheme like how Pit had a Dark Pit color scheme.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
He is an angsty black colored pit with 1 game under his belt. I don't think he is worthy of character status yet but would work great as an alt with a different voice.
Not angsty.
Unless Dark Pit has a "the world is ending" attitude, which, from what I've seen, is not the case.
He seems comparable to Shadow, who is not angsty.

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
If Sonic was to get a second rep, do you think it should be Tails the Marsupial, or Knuckles the enchilada?

Morbi

Scavenger
Of course, there is always the chance; however, one might assert that the chance of a second Sonic representative is fairly minimal. Honestly, I believe that the likelihood is probably increased from Smash 4 to Smash 5 assuming that Sonic is still a mainstay in Smash. Regardless, Mii Fighters make the world go around! You can always make a Knuckles Mii or someone similar.

elephant13

Smash Apprentice
It's certainly possible. I would like Knuckles. personally, but Tails is more deserving. I'd be okay with either, but if someone like Shadow or Silver got in, that wouldn't make me happy.

Mario had a Wario color scheme like how Pit had a Dark Pit color scheme.
I'm pretty sure (while it doesn't totally disconfirm) that we've seen Tails as a trophy in some screen shot. I personally think Knuckles would fit well, or for a wild card someone like Eggman/Robotnik.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm not sure what to think of Dark Pit. I mean, on paper he'd be the cloniest of clones to ever clone. But he could also just use a bunch other weapons from Kid Icarus: Uprising for his moveset. But I think Palutena more or less covers that.

It doesn't help that Dark Pit, from a design standpoint, is literally a palette swap of the Original Pit. So unlike Lucina or Toon Link, size and hitbox differences won't become a factor in making these two unique, even if it's only slightly so.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
While it is almost certain that Pokemon Trainer is cut, we are not confirmed at this moment. Let us not speak in absolutes, particularly if we are going by empirical data for Squirtle and Ivysaur, which as I have stated before, is in their favor- it is merely our aesthetic of 'too many Pokemon' which leads us to think they are cut.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Not too high, as they've already spent Shadow.
Of course, the ideal choice for a Sonic character is Tails, and my dream choice is Blaze.

Although I see a second Sonic character almost impossible, not because of some rule third-parties can't have two characters, but because no Sonic character besides Sonic himself have any relevance to Nintendo.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Sonic isn't an established series in Smash Bros. Sonic is a guest character representing himself as a popular icon and a mascot for SEGA. Unless Sonic becomes a Nintendo franchise, we won't be seeing another rep any time soon.

Morbi

Scavenger
I'm not sure what to think of Dark Pit. I mean, on paper he'd be the cloniest of clones to ever clone. But he could also just use a bunch other weapons from Kid Icarus: Uprising for his moveset. But I think Palutena more or less covers that.

It doesn't help that Dark Pit, from a design standpoint, is literally a palette swap of the Original Pit. So unlike Lucina or Toon Link, size and hitbox differences won't become a factor in making these two unique, even if it's only slightly so.
On paper, he would be the cloniest of clones to ever clone with different abilities. :troll:

In that event; Dark Pit is even easier to develop than characters that require different models, I would probably proclaim that that is a positive as it saves resources for such a great and deserving character!

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
On paper, he would be the cloniest of clones to ever clone with different abilities. :troll:

In that event; Dark Pit is even easier to develop than characters that require different models, I would probably proclaim that that is a positive as it saves resources for such a great and deserving character!
Yeah, you lost me at "great and deserving."

Sonic is a little (a lot) closer to Nintendo than Mega Man and Pac-Man are.
But not close enough. :4pacman:

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Idk man I think shadow is angsty myself lol. I'm a black hedgehog who needs no help from anybody and I'm so mysterious and it makes me sooo cool.
angst: a feeling of deep anxiety or dread, typically an unfocused one about the human condition or the state of the world in general.

Aka, not Shadow. And by extension, not Dark Pit.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Idk man I think shadow is angsty myself lol. I'm a black hedgehog who needs no help from anybody and I'm so mysterious and it makes me sooo cool.
That's not angsty, that's badass :shades:
But in all seriousness neither of them have an angsty attitude, it's not like they're depressed or anything (well maybe Shadow in Shadow the Hedgehog but we do not talk about that game here).

FalcoPaunch!121

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5386-9681-7388
That isn't angsty, it is... Dark Pit isnt like that, however. Shadow is like Bowser Jr.??

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
He seems more like the Eliwood or Ike of Xeno since there were three games before his, but his was the first one to make international popularity.
I love eliwood, we need more eliwood, forget Roy, Eliwood for DLC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom