• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
It means bland and unfulfilling
Two new characters from successful franchises that represent Nintendo's modern IPs is unfulfilling?

Good lord. I mean, you don't have to like them, but unfulfilling ain't the word to use here.

Last edited:

MagnesD3

Smash Master

So I did a thing
I spent hours in photoshop btw
Den outta Den!!!! Snake returns via dlc. So many people would be happy and praise sakurai.

Two new characters from successful franchises that represent Nintendo's modern IPs is unfulfilling?

Good lord. I mean, you don't have to like them, but unfulfilling ain't the word to use here.
Most people would agree they dont like marketing bros. bleh, which is what this is if they dont listen to the fans.

Last edited:

M23-X0

Smash Journeyman
When was released the last announce to the ND exactly (you know, the "wait for monday for a newcomer" ? Was it a tweet, or something else ?

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Most people would agree they dont like marketing bros. bleh, which is what this is if they dont listen to the fans.
At this point, Smash is not a series that you get into for the familiar faces. No, Smash is a series that introduces you to different, new IPs because you got familiar with them via Smash.

Sakurai realizes this. I have no idea why fresh faces are anything but a great thing. It was damn stupid that Pikmin and Warioware were the only modern Nintendo IPs represented during Brawl.

Last edited:

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Warning Received

Most people would agree they dont like marketing bros. bleh
At this point, Smash is not a series that you get into for the familiar faces. No, Smash is a series that introduces you to different, new IPs because you got familiar with them via Smash.

Sakurai realizes this. I have no idea why fresh faces are anything but a great thing. It was damn stupid that Pikmin and Warioware were the only modern Nintendo IPs represented during Brawl.
And completely ignore the much older and bigger fanbases who love you. Yeah that makes sense. Lets just market [CENSOR DODGE] this new smash with characters half of the fanbase dont even know, Marketing Bros. Wii U confirmed.

Last edited by a moderator:

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
Why them over another Rhythm Heaven character (reps is a bad word to describe them, really)? Simple. They're among the most prominent. If you look at the Chorus Kids thread, they were heavily used in advertising Rhythm Heaven DS.

See above. They're essentially the cover characters used to promote the series. And they're Beyonce's favorite.

Secondly, the Gematsu thing doesn't make it bad. It got Fire Emblem wrong. That's it. Are we forgetting everything else that made it credible? Wii Fit Trainer? Mii Fighters? It's like PokeBeach. It revealed tons of info, like Inkay, Malamar, Meowstik, and the Fairy type. But it mixed up Greninja and Chesnaught's secondary typings. And included a second professor (Poor Patrice...). That didn't make everything else wrong. It was still a leak.

Thirdly, they'd share a hitbox, essentially moving as one unit. Think of it like Rayman, only make Rayman's arms the size of his body. Kinda like that.
Thanks for informing me about the Chorus Men, because I have only played Rhythm Heaven Fever, so I didn't know much about the Glee Club. I personally think having all three of them moving around as one could be an incredibly unique idea. Along with that, they could take moves from other Rhythm Heaven characters, playing like Pac-Man : Namco as is Glee Club : Rhythm Heaven.

[collapse=Gematsu Rant]
However, when I meant that Gematsu may lead people to think that Chorus Kids are a possibility, I said that because I have always been against the Gematsu leak, and I know that there are still people out there who believe it. Also, when you say that it only got Fire Emblem wrong, it didn't. It didn't mention Rosalina (and to a lesser extent, it was vague with Greninja), and said that Shulk would be revealed the day that Robin and Lucina were. Gematsu just feels like lots of lucky guesses at the right time to me. The only character that Sal got that made people believe in the leak was the Wii Fit Trainer, being a lucky guess. Everyone else I feel like was very obvious, and the ones that were somewhat out of the blue (Greninja + Rosalina) he didn't mention by name.

I'm not saying that Gematsu isn't a leak, because it could very well be. It is very possible that when the information was "leaked", it could have very well been early in development, because we know that Chrom was a character early in development. However, my final verdict is that Gematsu just feels like one lucky guess (Wii Fit Trainer) along with lots of other obvious choices.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
And completely ignore the much older and bigger fanbases who love you. Yeah that makes sense. Lets just market ***** this new smash with characters half of the fanbase dont even know, Marketing Bros. Wii U confirmed.
See, you have this backwards mentality that the older the character is, the more deserving they are. Nothing good comes out of this though, except for catering to a vocal minority. The funny part is that all the important senior characters are already in the game, and are characters that are still going strong today for the most.

The thing is, all new series represented so far have been successful enough to warrant a character. Like it or not, this is a good thing. Why not let the fanbase grow for these franchises?

Smash is a damn marketing game since the beginning anyway. That's why we got Captain Falcon and Ness in the first place.

Last edited:

MagnesD3

Smash Master
See, you have this backwards mentality that the older the character is, the more deserving they are. Nothing good comes out of this though, except for catering to a vocal minority. The funny part is that all the important senior characters are already in the game, and are characters that are still going strong today for the most.

The thing is, all new series represented so far have been successful enough to warrant a character. Like it or not, this is a good thing.
The more important to history a character is of course they are more worthy lol, Smash bros. is Nintendo History the game.

Not lets just add a bunch of Roy so we can get more sales wink wink (since roy was a blatant marketing tool)

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
The more important to history a character is of course they are more worthy lol, Smash bros. is Nintendo History the game.
It's not just history, it's Nintendo as a whole. Raising awareness of modern IPs is good. How many times do I need to repeat that?

Honestly, what are you arguing about? What characters from Nintendo's history are missing, exactly?

The modern franchises right now are important, too. What a surprise. Unless you're gonna tell me Animal Crossing and Wii Fit are anything but a huge success.

Last edited:

MagnesD3

Smash Master
It's not just history, it's Nintendo as a whole. Raising awareness of modern IPs is good. How many times do I need to repeat that?

Honestly, what are you arguing about? What characters from Nintendo's history are missing, exactly?

The modern franchises right now are important, too. What a surprise. Unless you're gonna tell me Animal Crossing and Wii Fit are anything but a huge success.
Imo your criteria for why a character should get in is flawed, but thats your opinion so whatever. It makes since to base characters on Importance first, Popularity second, Uniqueness third and then lastly Relevance. Being a marketing tool is the weakest and most pitiful reason for a character to be included, it means the character wouldnt have made it in on their own merit meaning they didnt deserve a spot in the first place.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Thanks for informing me about the Chorus Men, because I have only played Rhythm Heaven Fever, so I didn't know much about the Glee Club. I personally think having all three of them moving around as one could be an incredibly unique idea. Along with that, they could take moves from other Rhythm Heaven characters, playing like Pac-Man : Namco as is Glee Club : Rhythm Heaven.

[collapse=Gematsu Rant]
However, when I meant that Gematsu may lead people to think that Chorus Kids are a possibility, I said that because I have always been against the Gematsu leak, and I know that there are still people out there who believe it. Also, when you say that it only got Fire Emblem wrong, it didn't. It didn't mention Rosalina (and to a lesser extent, it was vague with Greninja), and said that Shulk would be revealed the day that Robin and Lucina were. Gematsu just feels like lots of lucky guesses at the right time to me. The only character that Sal got that made people believe in the leak was the Wii Fit Trainer, being a lucky guess. Everyone else I feel like was very obvious, and the ones that were somewhat out of the blue (Greninja + Rosalina) he didn't mention by name.

I'm not saying that Gematsu isn't a leak, because it could very well be. It is very possible that when the information was "leaked", it could have very well been early in development, because we know that Chrom was a character early in development. However, my final verdict is that Gematsu just feels like one lucky guess (Wii Fit Trainer) along with lots of other obvious choices.[/Collapse]
Rosalina wasn't getting something wrong though. Not mentioning something doesn't mean getting it wrong. It never claimed it was all the characters. And I don't really buy the lucky guess thing. No one guesses Wii Fit Trainer. Add into that that Villager, an XY Pokemon, Pac-Man in some places, and calling the Miis Mii Fighters were unlikely (or downright unheard of in the case of Mii Fighters), and it amounts to much more than just a guess. Plus, Sneaky Spirits.

And yeah, I like the idea of them using certain minigames in their specials. I'm currently working on a moveset that does just that.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Per franchise, here is who I feel best fit a newcomers from who we know now. Not saying that a sizable number of these will be in the Smash 4 or even Smash 5 roster, but here is who I feel are the "next biggest" for the franchises.

Mario: Bowser Jr., Paper Mario, Geno (..I Hope)
Donkey Kong: Dixie, Cranky, King K.Rool
Yoshi: Kamek, Baby Bros.
Wario: Ashley, Waluigi (rebranded Wario character as of this game)
Legend of Zelda: Tetra, Impa
Kirby: Bandanna Dee, Adeline (BIG stretch for her)
Star Fox: Krystal
F-Zero: If a new game actually comes out in the next 5 years, Black Shadow
Metroid: None, until we get a recurring character who doesn't fit best as a boss.
Kid Icarus: Medusa, Dark Pit (Anti-clone, looks similar but plays almost entirely differently)
Pokemon: Sceptile, Gen 7/8 Starter or Movie-Important character who the fans love.
Fire Emblem: Anna (character in all games except Gaiden), a proper Spear or Axe user who is key to the story.
Earthbound: Kumatora, maybe Masked Man.
One-Character-Per-Franchise Series: Isaac (Golden Sun), Ray (Custom Robo), Marshal/ChorusMen (Rhythm Heaven)
Xenoblade(?): Important ally of X or a third game (as long as the series remains popular)
Sega: Dr. Eggman, Nights
Capcom: Zero, Ama-/Chibi-terasu, Pheonix Wright.
Konami: Simon Belmont/OtherCastlevaniaProtagonist
Other Third Party Companies: Square Enix is likely the next one to have a character put in.. I'm hoping for someone quirky like Cactuar or Moogle. Besides S-E, probably Platinum games (who often work alongside Sega and Nintendo) who have given the WiiU the work that a lot of third party teams have been avoiding... for this gen it'd be Wonder Red (deconfirmed probably due to the trophy) but we don't know who for the next game.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
It makes since to base characters on Importance first
We're finally in agreement. Oh you're saying that Nintendo's newer, successful IPs aren't important? lol

But seriously, all you're basing this off is that it's "MARKETING LOL". But there's nothing wrong with that since...you know, Smash is a marketing game to begin with. It's not blatant marketing either because none of the newer IPs represented are getting new games out soon, so what is wrong with that?

Please explain why this is a bad thing. Saying "it's marketing" explains jack ****, and only implying that marketing is inherently a bad thing which isn't true at all.

Last edited:

MagnesD3

Smash Master
We're finally in agreement. Oh you're saying that Nintendo's newer, successful IPs aren't important? lol

But seriously, all you're basing this off is that it's "MARKETING LOL". But there's nothing wrong with that since...you know, Smash is a marketing game to begin with. It's not blatant marketing either because none of the newer IPs represented are getting new games out soon, so what is wrong with that?

Please explain why this is a bad thing. Saying "it's marketing" explains jack ****, and only implying that marketing is inherently a bad thing which isn't true at all.
Im saying this smash Relevance has been taking priority overall and its sad, when I consider that the least important quality for a character to get in. Do we know Shulk is in a sequel, will Rosalina ever do anything in the mario verse, will Lucina be in a sequel staring her?, will Robin always be the player character from now on or forgotten completely, will Kid Icarus Uprising ever be revisited cementing Palutena in peoples hearts, will Greninja even be on the radar a year from now?

The point is everything new is relevant so its not a big deal and doesnt mean that something will stand the test of time unlike other qualities. Thats why Importance is set in stone first because no matter how time goes if a character is truly important to a great franchise then they will always be important.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Im saying this smash Relevance has been taking priority overall and its sad, when I consider that the least important quality for a character to get in. Do we know Shulk is in a sequel, will Rosalina ever do anything in the mario verse, will Lucina be in a sequel staring her?, will Robin always be the player character from now on or forgotten completely, will Kid Icarus Uprising ever be revisited cementing Palutena in peoples hearts, will Greninja even be on the radar a year from now?

The point is everything new is relevant so its not a big deal and doesnt mean that something will stand the test of time unlike other qualities. Thats why Importance is set in stone first because no matter how time goes if a character is truly important to a great franchise then they will always be important.
Yes, but when these characters do get into Smash, the likelihood of them reappearing in another game is likely much bigger than before. And if that doesn't happen, then the character would already have made its place as a beloved Smash character like Captain Falcon did.

...So yeah. Only good things from this.

Last edited:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342

Doesn't really matter either way, if they aren't considered important enough in the next series of games they will simply be cut. At this point it's going to be unavoidable because we are starting to head towards the number of characters where we are going to not be able to expect every character to return in every future version of Smash Brothers either. It has no impact on why they should or should not be in Smash 4 at this point and time.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Yes, but when these characters do get into Smash, the likelihood of them reappearing in another game is likely much bigger than before. And if that doesn't happen, then the character would already have made it's place as a beloved Smash character like Captain Falcon did.

...So yeah. Only good things from this.
Im not a fan of characters only earning their popularity through smash, to be in smash you should earn your merit beforehand. The only exceptions are history pieces like game and watch, miis or retros would have potential to be revived like Ice Climbers and Pit. I hate flavor of the month characters and I dont respect them at all.

Doesn't really matter either way, if they aren't considered important enough in the next series of games they will simply be cut. At this point it's going to be unavoidable because we are starting to head towards the number of characters where we are going to not be able to expect every character to return in every future version of Smash Brothers either. It has no impact on why they should or should not be in Smash 4 at this point and time.
I hate this mentality, If you get in smash it should mean you are a big deal to said series and will always be a big deal, cutting characters in a game this important is awful and should be illogical. When flavor of the month characters get in they are a waste of space because they take up time that an important character could have gotten. Also once a character is in smash if they were loved then they become permanent based on their playstyle aka Jiggs, now she represents smash more instead of pokemon which is ok since 64 was their first try but alot of characters like that are just a waste.

Last edited:

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Sup guys gonna post this:
First up, DLC!
Border Key:
Yellow = Likely character content after the game releases, and time passes by, giving it weeks or months.

Red = Wishlist slots that are pipe dreams. Likeliness of any of them happening is :4falcon::4falcon: out of 10 hyesz!. . .
Green = Subjectively a good chance, better than yellow being a guaranteed DLC.

Tried giving a decent DLC roster so tell me what you guys think about it, along with giving a score for it too if you want.
Edit: This hints what my prediction roster looks like.
The entire left upper column all relate to Amiibo future-planning DLC, "time will come" theme. Captain Toad & Yarn Yoshi for their games being Amiibo-compatible. Plus I'm very hyped Yoshi could get this chance, a clone of yoshi for once.:shades:
Boo & Birdo gave me a vibe they'd be playable DLC in Sm4sh, since they'll be playable characters in Mario Party 10 released some time next year. And Jimmy T. was thrown on here to show some secondary credit & love to Warioware, somewhat doubting that chance.

Dr. Mario was a prediction for DLC mainly for two reasons: One his P.HD alternate costume he could slip in, may or may not affect his move-set. With custom move-sets however involving semi / full-blown clones, the customizing makes the clone boundary fade. Two he really could have a re-vamped game-play yet similar movements here & there.

Krystal while I would have had her inclusion over Wolf, the idea of me outright cutting Wolf from the cast for Krystal seemed unfair. Wolf was technically the least clone-like out of the StarFox trio, not to mention I've been playing his brawl game-play it's fitting, to an extent. Krystal can wait for DLC, I hope not for too long. . .

Phoenix, Beastman, & Deathborn are all my extremely bias choices for DLC inclusion for the F-Zero franchise. Heavy wishlist presents they are indeed. All of them could make great fighters but they're staying red borders until we learn of a new F-Zero game.

Agumon is another F-Zero heavy bias case, I love digimon & proud to be a fan. It would please me to the max if Agumon was requested by Banmco & Sakurai actually developed the character. Still a heavy wishlist present not expecting it to be DLC.

Roy's our Boy, what can we say?"No!" Roy was lacking in Melee could get a DLC chance, slim at that. Project M not made by Nintendo however shows that some time, dedication, & consideration for the Roy fans out there really pays off making them all pleased. There's some hope.

I included past pokemon from Melee & Brawl for some optimism, which Squirtle, Ivysaur, & Pichu are practically, if not absolutely cut from the roster. Not to mention them getting DLC anytime soon is improbable. Scizor is an awesome wishlist present, while Blaziken & Swampert are added-on DLC goodies for ORAS but still very improbable.

Masked Man is interesting to me & I considered putting him on my DLC predictions, regarding Mother's case. I thought about replacing Lucas with Masked man to bring in new flavor similar to Wolf / Krystal, but again could not really find the decency to cut Lucas who was planned to replace Ness in Melee but didn't because of Mother 3 / EarthBound 64 cancelling.

Chibi-Robo is an interesting choice. Until recently researching about ChibiRobo I never realized just how much he just pops back relevant, getting a remake from his original debut on the Gamecube gettign 2 more sequals on top of it with a fourth installment. And watching him play in SSF2, I grow fond of the character hoping he gets DLC, or maybe better, playable in the CSS.

Inklings may definitely be DLC over time, just a matter of waiting until next year when their 3rdPS releases.

Finally the one on the DLC I personally want the most to return kudos to @Scoliosis Jones 's posts & sources, making the before "may not return, unplausible" to "fairly confident of playable status, or guaranteed DLC". I chose DLC predicting it may go south for him.

Last edited:

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
Rosalina wasn't getting something wrong though. Not mentioning something doesn't mean getting it wrong. It never claimed it was all the characters. And I don't really buy the lucky guess thing. No one guesses Wii Fit Trainer. Add into that that Villager, an XY Pokemon, Pac-Man in some places, and calling the Miis Mii Fighters were unlikely (or downright unheard of in the case of Mii Fighters), and it amounts to much more than just a guess. Plus, Sneaky Spirits.

And yeah, I like the idea of them using certain minigames in their specials. I'm currently working on a moveset that does just that.
Gematsu called the Miis Mii Fighters? Every source I find simply called them Miis. Can I have a link if you have one? Also, the Sneaky Spirit just makes me think more of a Rhythm Heaven character, but doesn't have much to do with Gematsu.

I can understand if someone guessing Wii Fit Trainer and their final smash can make you believe a leak, but it just seems a little :083: to me. The characters you mentioned, were all fairly obvious choices in my opinion. Animal Crossing is one of Nintendo's biggest franchises, Greninja is from the new Pokemon games, which Sakurai always takes something from (Pichu from Gen 2 and Lucario from Gen 4), along with having moveset potential, and having a great design, and with Namco working on the game, Pac-Man is nearly a no-brainer. Sakurai always puts in the most popular characters from each company (when you think of Sega, Namco, and Capcom; Sonic, Pac-Man, and Mega Man are most likely some of the first things that come to mind).

TL;DR: I still believe that Gematsu was a lot of lucky guesses, but to each their own.

Back to the Chorus Men, I'm excited to hear what you can come up with basing their attacks on other characters. I know that Rhythm Heaven has lots of diverse characters, so I think some very interesting moveset potential can be created.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I hate this mentality, If you get in smash it should mean you are a big deal and will always be a big deal, cutting characters in a game this important is awful and should be illogical. When flavor of the month characters get in they are a waste of space because they take up time that an important character could have gotten. Also once a character is in smash if they were loved then they become permanent based on their playstyle aka Jiggs, now she represents smash more instead of pokemon which is ok since 64 was their first try but alot of characters like that are just a waste.
It's not particularly realistically to expect that the development teams are going to be able to add 10-15 characters to each game over time. We are quickly approaching the 40-50 range once you get above 50-60 rangeit because very hard to balance control and probably create the characters with reliable expectations and cost. With that being said there is only so many quote on quote 'important' characters that can be added before someone is going to be at risk in the next game or make another character at risk. It's not a bad mentality, it's the harsh reality

My point was mostly that there is no issue with Characters that represent Nintendo of now and not just simply what Nintendo was in the past, and your usage of the word important can be extremely subjective on how its used and it means different things to different people in gerneal. What's important now or what we think is important is the past is not guarantee to be in 5-10 years or even in the next year. Smash plays this slightly differently due Sakurai reference much in the past as well as the present which is still a good thing but this doesn't make the recent editions less worth of being there simply because you view something else as more important by your own perspective.

Xenorange

Smash Lord
Not one of my gaming friends are familiar with Xenoblade or Rhythem heaven, I'm not saying this necessarily means anything, but they play just as much smash as i do. Which is a lot.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Sup guys gonna post this:
First up, DLC!
Border Key:
Yellow = Likely character content after the game releases, and time passes by, giving it weeks or months.

Red = Wishlist slots that are pipe dreams. Likeliness of any of them happening is :4falcon::4falcon: out of 10 hyesz!. . .
Green = Subjectively a good chance, better than yellow being a guaranteed DLC.

Tried giving a decent DLC roster so tell me what you guys think about it, along with giving a score for it too if you want.
The entire left upper column all relate to Amiibo future-planning DLC, "time will come" theme. Captain Toad & Yarn Yoshi for their games being Amiibo-compatible. Plus I'm very hyped Yoshi could get this chance, a clone of yoshi for once.:shades:
Boo & Birdo gave me a vibe they'd be playable DLC in Sm4sh, since they'll be playable characters in Mario Party 10 released some time next year. And Jimmy T. was thrown on here to show some secondary credit & love to Warioware, somewhat doubting that chance.

Dr. Mario was a prediction for DLC mainly for two reasons: One his P.HD alternate costume he could slip in, may or may not affect his move-set. With custom move-sets however involving semi / full-blown clones, the customizing makes the clone boundary fade. Two he really could have a re-vamped game-play yet similar movements here & there.

Krystal while I would have had her inclusion over Wolf, the idea of me outright cutting Wolf from the cast for Krystal seemed unfair. Wolf was technically the least clone-like out of the StarFox trio, not to mention I've been playing his brawl game-play it's fitting, to an extent. Krystal can wait for DLC, I hope not for too long. . .

Phoenix, Beastman, & Deathborn are all my extremely bias choices for DLC inclusion for the F-Zero franchise. Heavy wishlist presents they are indeed. All of them could make great fighters but they're staying red borders until we learn of a new F-Zero game.

Agumon is another F-Zero heavy bias case, I love digimon & proud to be a fan. It would please me to the max if Agumon was requested by Banmco & Sakurai actually developed the character. Still a heavy wishlist present not expecting it to be DLC.

Roy's our Boy, what can we say?"No!" Roy was lacking in Melee could get a DLC chance, slim at that. Project M not made by Nintendo however shows that some time, dedication, & consideration for the Roy fans out there really pays off making them all pleased. There's some hope.

I included past pokemon from Melee & Brawl for some optimism, which Squirtle, Ivysaur, & Pichu are practically, if not absolutely cut from the roster. Not to mention them getting DLC anytime soon is improbable. Scizor is an awesome wishlist present, while Blaziken & Swampert are added-on DLC goodies for ORAS but still very improbable.

Masked Man is interesting to me & I considered putting him on my DLC predictions, regarding Mother's case. I thought about replacing Lucas with Masked man to bring in new flavor similar to Wolf / Krystal, but again could not really find the decency to cut Lucas who was planned to replace Ness in Melee but didn't because of Mother 3 / EarthBound 64 cancelling.

Chibi-Robo is an interesting choice. Until recently researching about ChibiRobo I never realized just how much he just pops back relevant, getting a remake from his original debut on the Gamecube gettign 2 more sequals on top of it with a fourth installment. And watching him play in SSF2, I grow fond of the character hoping he gets DLC, or maybe better, playable in the CSS.

Inklings may definitely be DLC over time, just a matter of waiting until next year when their 3rdPS releases.

Finally the one on the DLC I personally want the most to return kudos to @Scoliosis Jones 's posts & sources, making the before "may not return, unplausible" to "fairly confident of playable status, or guaranteed DLC". I chose DLC predicting it may go south for him.
KRYSTAL DLC?! You don't believe SF can load up and get 4 characters?! Is that it?!!! You were doing so well too... 5/10

You've got some intriguing choices here. Jimmy T, Yarn Yoshi and Birdo are ones I never considered. Props for putting Masked Man and Snake on there; you did that much at least. The Pokemon picks look sensible (I hope this means you're putting Sceptile on your main roster :troll:) and Agumon would be hilarious.

I give this DLC lineup :kirby::kirby::kirby::kirby::kirby::kirby::kirby::kirby::kirby: out of 10 Kirbys.

GJ! :secretkpop:

Last edited:

MagnesD3

Smash Master
It's not particularly realistically to expect that the development teams are going to be able to add 10-15 characters to each game over time. We are quickly approaching the 40-50 range once you get above 50-60 rangeit because very hard to balance control and probably create the characters with reliable expectations and cost. With that being said there is only so many quote on quote 'important' characters that can be added before someone is going to be at risk in the next game or make another character at risk. It's not a bad mentality, it's the harsh reality

My point was mostly that there is no issue with Characters that represent Nintendo of now and not just simply what Nintendo was in the past, and your usage of the word important can be extremely subjective on how its used and it means different things to different people in gerneal. What's important now or what we think is important is the past is not guarantee to be in 5-10 years or even in the next year. Smash plays this slightly differently due Sakurai reference much in the past as well as the present which is still a good thing but this doesn't make the recent editions less worth of being there simply because you view something else as more important by your own perspective.
I say importance has to be developed over time unless a characters role is obvious and unchanging and that unchanging role was key to the story/franchise in some way.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

So I did a thing
I spent hours in photoshop btw
This is a great roster.

I just feel like it's missing...something. I don't know what.
You should probably remove Mii Fighters from the visible roster (or put them on the side) and put another character in their slot.

tl;dr I think it needs one more character.

My suggestions (in order): Snake, Ghirahim, Isaac, Bandana Dee, Black Shadow...

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
This is a great roster.

I just feel like it's missing...something. I don't know what.
You should probably remove Mii Fighters from the visible roster (or put them on the side) and put another character in their slot.

tl;dr I think it needs one more character.

My suggestions (in order): Snake, Ghirahim, Isaac, Bandana Dee, Black Shadow...
Oh man. . .I'm glad It's a certain someone's birthday today. . . . .:4pacman: You'll get a treat next page.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Nvm can't wait 10 more posts.

Here's my Prediction Roster. The ?'s are click-able that open up your DLC characters on the sides:

Lemme know what you guys think, rate, thoughts, etc.

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader

Here's my Prediction Roster. The ?'s are click-able that open up your DLC characters on the sides:

Lemme know what you guys think, rate, toughts, etc.
Love it, but considering how trigger happy you went with the characters here, you still didn't put Ridley somewhere?

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Love it, but considering how trigger happy you went with the characters here, you still didn't put Ridley somewhere?
I suppose it's trigger happy. I refused to go over 60 character slots, & I added Ridley as #1 in my DLC prediction roster I made that's a bit above ^
Way to many mario, zelda and pokemon characters, you should probably remove one of each
Maybe Mario because I don't favor Mario that well, & barely LoZ cus that's understandable, but I will not remove a pokemon slot. 7 Pokemon is not out of the question.

Edit: With all my Mario DLC characters I can remove Bowser Jr.
Do you have a dislike with a LoZ on the roster?

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I suppose it's trigger happy. I refused to go over 60 character slots, & I added Ridley as #1 in my DLC prediction roster I made that's a bit above ^

Maybe Mario because I don't favor Mario that well, & barely LoZ cus that's understandable, but I will not remove a pokemon slot. 7 Pokemon is not out of the question.
But it's still a lot, most people are guessing it'll be 5, even 6 is pushing it, but 7?

~Krystal~

True American Heroine

Lemme know what you guys think, rate, thoughts, etc.
I feel awful for saying this, but for a prediction roster, this is highly ambitious. Now, it's ok that you didn't put Krystal (*sigh*), but 2 Zelda newcomers, Jr and Paper Mario, plus every Pokemon character people wanna see in one go is a bit hard to envision coming to pass. I don't even think DKC will get 2 newcomers. On the other hand, can I say I love this roster? I've been lobbying for one at or near 60 characters since day 1. Great minds think alike. :awesome:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
At the very least remove a mario and zelda rep then, also I think Star Fox and Metroid deserve more representation
That's what I wanted to do, but my roster's grid setup was just awkward if I tried displaying it differently. It was originally Krystal & Ridley in there. But the roster was uneven. I'll see if I can troubleshoot.

Last edited:

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace

I made a roster (sorry for all that white and all them pixels, I'm incredibly bad at Photoshop). This roster is really biased. Bottom rows are DLC packs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom