• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I hate to be Oscar the Grouch here, but is anyone else kinda sorta annoyed by this Dark Pit propaganda?
Yes, definitely. I really don't think he has a chance since his model is the exact same as bit, just with different colours. How confusing would that get, especially if they are both in different colours

D

Deleted member

Yes, definitely. I really don't think he has a chance since his model is the exact same as bit, just with different colours. How confusing would that get, especially if they are both in different colours
There's always the commonly used "they can have different stances" "they can use different weapons" arguments which would work pretty well in my opinion.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
Dark Pit would be a much better character to make an alternate costume out of than Falco or Wolf to Fox, or Lucina to Marth, or even Daisy to Peach.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Dark Pit would be a much better character to make an alternate costume out of than Falco or Wolf to Fox, or Lucina to Marth, or even Daisy to Peach.
Add Claus to Lucas to that list.

D

Deleted member

This is assuming he's a clone like lucina
Well, if people want him as an exact clone, I wouldn't know, just make him an alt at that point, but making him a pseudo-clone would make some sense. They could give him claws instead of an arm for his side-b. A different bow. In terms of his nuetral special, I could see them shout three uncontrollable arrows at once as oppose to one controllable arrow. I could see it working.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I just can't really comprehend why so many people want Dark Pit to be his own character... I'm guess I might come off a bit mean, but.... why?
I will answer to that question but keep 2 things in mind, and this goes to everyone:
1- It's a subjective matter
2- We don't wanna spawn another Dark Pit argument in this thread for god's sake, so don't fight over it please

So i'll just make it simple:

1-I think Lucina being upgraded from an alt. costume to a character means that other characters could get the same fate, mainly Dark Pit and Doctor Mario.
2-I like the character

That's it feel free to disagree, but please let's not start another Dark Pit discussion here.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Do you personally believe that Dark Pit is deserving of being in Smash 4?
No, not really. He's a relatively minor character who's only appeared in one game in a small series so far, and if the series was to get a third representative, there are other more prominent and popular characters from it that would have much more unique potential than Dark Pit.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Yes, i don't think he would be an ideal character to include, not even within his own franchise, but he's a Nintendo character nontheless, and if Pichu taught us anything is that any argument about wich character is deserving is pretty much bullcrap, especially for clones.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Will we get anymore character reveals before the game launches in Japan?
At minimum I think we're going to get at least 1 more newcomer and 1 more veteran, otherwise Sakurai, or whoever is handling that stuff, sucks hardcore at marketing.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Hey guys, honest question here. Should I replace Vaati on my roster for Impa, or keep my identity and keep Vaati on my roster?
Impa is more likely.

Your name is pretty much tied to Vaati at this point.

Choose wisely.

D

Deleted member

Hey guys, honest question here. Should I replace Vaati on my roster for Impa, or keep my identity and keep Vaati on my roster?
What kind of crazy question is this? You're pretty much known for having Vaati on your roster!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'd put Vaati on my roster if I thought he had a legitimate chance. I don't even think we'll get any Zelda newcomers at this point.

Although we will DEFINITELY get at least 2-3 newcomers before release and I'd say 2-4 veterans.

Morbi

Scavenger
I disagree. Dark Pit deserves his own slot just as Bowser does not deserve to be a glorified Mario costume.

I like Dark Pit as a character, but the only way I think he should be playable is as an alternate costume for Pit.
Why not both?

Never replace Vaati. Do not succumb to them!

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
I wonder if they'll keep revealing characters after it comes out in japan through pics of the day. Similar to how they did last time around.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
Random question, why is King Rool the default rool? I always like Kaptain the best

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
No, Absolutely not, First off Kid Icarus has much more deserving characters and second off he is literally another Pit and no amount of voice clips, different default poses and weapons Pit isn't using is going to change that

Morbi

Scavenger
I just can't really comprehend why so many people want Dark Pit to be his own character... I'm guess I might come off a bit mean, but.... why?
I wish for Dark Pit to be his own character as I enjoy Dark Pit more than Pit. I am a big fan of Pit's play-style; however, I do not want to play as him as I am a character loyalist. My sister; on the other hand, is a Pit main. If Dark Pit were in the game, we would both enjoy similar characters without using the same character, a character that I labor a disdain towards. Other than that, the despondence of the Smash community after his reveal would warm my black heart. I am not sure how alternate costumes work, but as a huge fan of the color purple, it would be such a waste to have his wing animation blue again. Going back and playing Brawl as Dark Pit has been nothing more than one of the worst experiences that I must endure. It is not Dark Pit. It is Pit cosplaying as Dark Pit. I want the character that I want in the game, not some cheap knock-off. Other than that, I just want some Uprising specific character representation (to those that do not understand, that means a character that appears in Uprising and only Uprising).

Also, I can pretend to be Lucifer.

Last edited:

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
I wish for Dark Pit to be his own character as I enjoy Dark Pit more than Pit. I am a big fan of Pit's play-style; however, I do not want to play as him as I am a character loyalist. My sister; on the other hand, is a Pit main. If Dark Pit were in the game, we would both enjoy similar characters without using the same character, a character that I labor a disdain towards. Other than that, the despondence of the Smash community after his reveal would warm my black heart. I am not sure how alternate costumes work, but as a huge fan of the color purple, it would be such a waste to have his wing animation blue again. Going back and playing Brawl as Dark Pit has been nothing more than one of the worst experiences that I must endure. It is not Dark Pit. It is Pit cosplaying as Dark Pit. I want the character that I want in the game, not some cheap knock-off. Other than that, I just want some Uprising specific character representation (to those that do not understand, that means a character that appears in Uprising and only Uprising).

That just may be the most respectable response for why someone wants a character I've ever heard.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero

You have won. Dark Pit for Smash 4! Unless Issac or Krool can get in. But I'll support Dark Pit over Ridley, BD, or Kyrstal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom