• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I can't even name 15 characters who could have his moves and not look out of sorts. Props to anyone who can.
1- Ganondorf
2- Blood Falcon
3- Mach Rider
4- Black Shadow
5- Blaziken
6- Hades
7- Rick Wheeler
8- Deathborn (pfffft)
9- James McCloud
10- Demise
11- Speed Racer
12- He-Man
13- Anime Captain Falcon
14- Billy Mays
15- Reggie

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
You wake up on September 13th, 2014. You log onto Facebook/Tumblr/Reddit/Youtube/4chan/Smashboards/OtherMediaSite and find this to be the true roster.

After a bit of testing, the following is revealed: Jigglypuff and Ness play like their Melee selves, Ice Climbers can wobble, Falco is made less of a clone in his aerials and his Final Smash is the Arwing which plays like ZSS's new Gunship blast but his specials are their brawl selves. Falcondorf still exists but some of his special alternatives become magic or sword based. Lucas and Wario now have one special changed to their P:M identities (PK Charge and the Shoulder Charge) but are otherwise unchanged. Metaknight has been tweeked to have less stun and knockback in most of his specials. Wolf and ROB are identical to their brawl identities (edit: but are slightly "sped up" to fit the current game's engine).

Last edited:

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
You wake up on September 13th, 2014. You log onto Facebook/Tumblr/Reddit/Youtube/4chan/Smashboards/OtherMediaSite and find this to be the true roster.

After a bit of testing, the following is revealed: Jigglypuff and Ness play like their Melee selves, Ice Climbers can wobble, Falco is made less of a clone in his aerials and his Final Smash is the Arwing which plays like ZSS's new Gunship blast but his specials are their brawl selves. Falcondorf still exists but some of his special alternatives become magic or sword based. Lucas and Wario now have one special changed to their P:M identities (PK Charge and the Shoulder Charge) but are otherwise unchanged. Metaknight has been tweeked to have less stun and knockback in most of his specials. Wolf and ROB are identical to their brawl identities.
Needs more Vaati and Snake. :awesome:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master

After a bit of testing, the following is revealed: Jigglypuff and Ness play like their Melee selves, Ice Climbers can wobble, Falco is made less of a clone in his aerials and his Final Smash is the Arwing which plays like ZSS's new Gunship blast but his specials are their brawl selves. Falcondorf still exists but some of his special alternatives become magic or sword based. Lucas and Wario now have one special changed to their P:M identities (PK Charge and the Shoulder Charge) but are otherwise unchanged. Metaknight has been tweeked to have less stun and knockback in most of his specials. Wolf and ROB are identical to their brawl identities (edit: but are slightly "sped up" to fit the current game's engine).
Noticable lack of ridley, dixie and krystal

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271

I got Lucina and K. Rool, and I got Wolf back. I'd take it as a victory and call it a day.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

That could never be the true roster; it doesn't have Ridley on it.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Ridley this! Ridley that! **** him,k.rool, Dixie long, and mewtwo
Your personal feelings towards Ridley have no impact on his chances (which at this point, are considerably high, I believe).

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

This is essentially my roster, only mine has Chorus Kids instead of Marshall, no Dee, and includes Mewtwo, and lacks Lucas. I'd be happy I was mostly right and that I was wrong about Lucas not returning, but disappointed that Mewtwo was not included and that Marshall took the place of the Chorus Men.

Over all, I'd be content, I suppose. It's just Marshall over Chorus Men and the lack of Mewtwo that irk me. :p

mark welford

Smash Ace
Your personal feelings towards Ridley has no impact on his chances (which at this point, are considerably high, I believe).
oh I'm just doing a little venting I said it before and I will say it again it is not the characters themselves who make me angry it is the fan like you who make me angry with your begging and whining

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
oh I'm just doing a little venting I said it before and I will say it again it is not the characters themselves who make me angry it is the fan like you who make me angry with your begging and whining
Uh oh. Our support and speculation for characters is starting to be misinterpreted as begging and whining...
Guys, maybe we should rethink how we do what we do on this site...

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I'm not begging and whining. I'm simply stating that I find Ridley very likely at this point, and find it unlikely that he'll be left out of the final roster. I don't really care that much about Ridley, I just believe that it's logical to think that's he's probably going to be in.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So saying "**** them" makes you any better?

And he was hardly whining or begging. He was making a half joke which you failed to get.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
joke or not I don't care and how could I tell
I thought it was pretty obvious myself...

Ridley is a common meme here.

Though, if you're new here (which you are, it looks like) I can understand where the confusion happened.

So yeah, it was a half joke. The dude thinks Ridley has a good shot, but he was being silly about it.

Really though. No one was whining or begging here. There was no reason to be so crude. Please don't do that again.

Burruni

Smash Hero
This is essentially my roster, only mine has Chorus Kids instead of Marshall, no Dee, and includes Mewtwo, and lacks Lucas. I'd be happy I was mostly right and that I was wrong about Lucas not returning, but disappointed that Mewtwo was not included and that Marshall took the place of the Chorus Men.

Over all, I'd be content, I suppose. It's just Marshall over Chorus Men and the lack of Mewtwo that irk me. :p
To me, Lucas has more of a chance of returning than Mewtwo as that "36th veteran" slot to work with 15 newcomer slots (17 actual characters) that I envision happening with a 4x13 layout.

From a technical standpoint, I see Marshal working better with some of the 3DS capabilities and such than C.K., and from a personal standpoint I feel like he can copy and adapt more of the possible moves from the series (a full moveset I have made myself is available if you want it, just PM me) at a bit of the sacrifice of the "harmony" aspect. Marshal, thus, provides a better FIGHTER character, but Chorus Kids provide a better REPRESENTATIVE of the series in my eyes and I'd love a new main from a series I am ecstatic about... which means leaning for gameplay more than the full harmony. I don't have a vendetta to C.K. supporters or anything, but I do believe that Marshal would fit better into Smash.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
You guys made me think of an interesting topic.

If you could choose three characters and create five clones from each, who would you choose?
HARD MODE: Only pick newcomers!

My picks:

#1: Ike

- Chrom
- Hector
- Demise
- Shovel Knight
- Nightmare (Soulcalibur)

#2: Sheik:

- Ghirahim
- Sothe
- Zoroark
- Tetra
- Ryu Hayabusa

#3: Palutena

- Medusa
- Viridi
- Cia
- Count Bleck
- Ganon w/ Trident

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
You guys made me think of an interesting topic.

If you could choose three characters and create five clones from each, who would you choose?
HARD MODE: Only pick newcomers!

My picks:

#1: Ike

- Chrom
- Hector
- Demise
- Shovel Knight
- Nightmare (Soulcalibur)

#2: Sheik:

- Ghirahim
- Sothe
- Zoroark
- Tetra
- Ryu Hayabusa

#3: Palutena

- Medusa
- Viridi
- Cia
- Count Bleck
- Ganon w/ Trident
1. Pikachu

- Elekid
- Plusle
- Minun
- Jolteon
- Pachirisu

2. Lucina

- Ira
- Lakche
- Rackesis
- Tanith
- Mia

3. Ness

- Paula
- Kumatora
- Ana
- Ninten
- Poo

I really had to stretch for some of these. :c

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

Dissapointed at no Ridley, and dissapointed at them once again making Ice Climbers a terribly designed character. Happy with Jiggs, MK and Wario changes. K. Rool is K. kool.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484

Bandana Dee is in and Ridley isn't. Nope.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
What will happen with Master Hand and Crazy Hand?
They will go back to their old life as Rayman's limbs. Unbelievable that the main villains of Smash Bros. have only just got a trophy of his true form.

Pros:

+ Bandana Waddle Dee addition
+ Wario tweak. Although it better not be at the cost of the fricking bike. Get rid of the chomp instead and this is a big plus.
+ Falcondorf's customs allowing him to be actual Ganondorf.
+ Jigglypuff not being a sad sack of useless.
+ Falco getting further decloning. And no fricking LANDmaster.
+ Metaknight not murdering everyone all the time always.

Cons:

- Jigglypuff's other specials are still kinda lame regardless of Rest being returned to it's former glory.
- Bandana Waddle Dee is the only newcomer left to excite me, which is a little disappointing on a personal level.
- Falcondorf is still a thing, even if the customs allow him to not be...but since Falcondorf's the default we'd be still stuck playing him for most the time online.
- If Wario's Shoulder Barge replaces the Bike...*shakes fist*
- No Mewtwo, I guess.
- No DLC confirmed. Boo.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Zelda and Captain Falcon deconfirmed.... oh wait.

And what do you mean Sakurai does stuff like that? Can you give me evidence to something parallel to adding Sceptile for the sake of the type trio?
Greninja. Posted an essay on it. Proclaimed to be too long. Yet, Greninja would have been the one added for type trio. The type trio 1- represents the battle mechanic in Pokemon, and 2- Is how Game Freak Markets.

If one of Palutena's side specials is basically move, does that help or hurt Isaac? (Just put this in the Isaac thread, too)

Helps Isaac!
It looks to me like she has Zelda's upB, Ness's B, Pikachu's side B, Fox's up B, Marth's down B, Peach's Floating

....I'm actually going to say Isaac confirmed!

If my wishful thinking is spot-on, Master Foot & Crazy Foot will make a debut.:shades: Bosses in video games without a torso / body, legs, or arms is a common idea used enough to be noted.
True villain of the franchise is revealed! So THIS is why they needed Rayman's mdel.

Last edited:

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Yeah, it's pretty funny how if Blaziken ever actually got in, it'd pretty-much HAVE to be a clone of Captain Falcon. He's already got Fire Punch, Blaze Kick, and Sky Uppercut. Lol.

Last edited:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Helps Isaac!
It looks to me like she has Zelda's upB, Ness's B, Pikachu's side B, Fox's up B, Marth's down B, Peach's Floating

....I'm actually going to say Isaac confirmed!
...You're going to have to explain your logic here, because I don't understand how Palutena having a move Isaac could have had confirms him. It appears to be the same logic people have that suggest Bayonetta is practically confirmed because Samus has a similar aesthetic with her rocket heels.

I also wouldn't say Palutena has Zelda's Up Special (More like Mewtwo's), Ness's Neutral Special (Functions very differently when you watch the video), Fox's Up Special (Can't aim in eight directions), and Peach's floating (She actually descends while it is in use, and it's part of her up special) but think what you want I guess.

D

Deleted member

I'd have Shulk, Ness, and Lucas. Most veterans would be back. If Wario loses his bike, I would drop him as a main forever and never look back. I could care less about King K. Rool, Marshal, and Waddle Dee, but I don't hate them. In fact, I've come to dislike Waddle Dee a lot less as time has gone on. While the lack of Mewtwo is kind of annoying, I never really used him, so I'd get over it. In terms of balance, Ness being reverted back to Melee would make him worse than he was in Brawl. Jigglypuff would be good again so that's welcome, but Ice Climbers being able to wobble would make them stupidly good again. Wolf and R.O.B. didn't need to be changed so I'm fine with them being the same. Having not played any Zelda that has Ganondorf in it, I wouldn't really mind that he's still a semi-clone, especially because he'd still have the Flame Choke and Sparta Kick.

So overall, I'd be happy. I'd get the one newcomer I actually want (Shulk) I'd get all the Brawl vets I care about. There are some questionable balance changes (if Shoulder Charge does in fact replace the Bike, you'd have killed one of Wario's best moves) regarding Wario, Ice Climbers, and Ness, but overall seems pretty solid.

I would like to point out that Lucas's neutral special in Project M is not called PK Charge. It is called Offense Up, based on the support PSI of the same name.

hotcrumpets

Smash Journeyman
You are the only one thats whining.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
Bandana Dee is in and Ridley isn't. Nope.
Funny, this with no kyrstal, makes it a perfect roster to me :awesome:

EDIT: Near perfect- Shulk's still there.

DOUBLE EDIT: Just kidding, I thought BD wasn't in. Not about this roster at all

Needs less BD, I'd personally prefer less Shulk, needs more Issac

Last edited:

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
I'm still surprised that nobody has noticed, "dixie long," yet...

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik

No Bowser Jr. in the Koopa Clown Car? No Duck Hunt Dog? No Dixie Kong? No Ganon?

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me

No Krystal, no Paper Mario, no Mewtwo, BANDANA DEE?!?!?!
0/10, NEXT!

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Does anyone else feel that we might get more clones than just Lucina? A lot of roster predictions seem to be dismissing the fact that we got about 6 newcomer clones in melee. As Sakurai stated it's really easy to add clones compared to unique characters. It seems people are just ignoring this cause they either hate the idea or don't want their "slots" to be wasted on clone characters they rather not have.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Does anyone else feel that we might get more clones than just Lucina? A lot of roster predictions seem to be dismissing the fact that we got about 6 newcomer clones in melee. As Sakurai stated it's really easy to add clones compared to unique characters. It seems people are just ignoring this cause they either hate the idea or don't want their "slots" to be wasted on clone characters they rather not have.
I feel like Lucina is going to be the only "pure" clone. We may get some more semi-clones, though. We already have Toon Link, and some of the returning veterans may still be semi-clones. I feel like Sakurai is trying to add more variety to the game and, according to him, he added Lucina as a last resource because they had to cut one character unexpectedly and he had to cover that slot with someone, so adding her as a clone wasn't planned at first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom