• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbi

Scavenger
If Kid Icarus would somehow get a third rep, I personally believe it would be Hades or Medusa. Medusa is both a female and a villain, and we all know how smash needs more of those. But then again, Hades has such a love-to-hate personality to him, and he is still the main antagonist in Kid Icarus: Uprising. As stated before, I personally think that three Kid Icarus characters would be too much over representation. How about we get some more Donkey Kong, Metroid, or Star Fox characters that aren't clones before getting new Kid Icarus characters.
We got a Star Fox character that was not a clone half a decade ago, his name was Wolf.

D

Deleted member

I kind of want Nintendo to give Kid Icarus much more attention in terms of games so by the time we get to Smash 7 or 8, we can have Medusa, Hades, and a completely unique Dark Pit with ought people complaining about series over representation. That would be a dream come true.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
I kind of want Nintendo to give Kid Icarus much more attention in terms of games so by the time we get to Smash 7 or 8, we can have Medusa, Hades, and a completely unique Dark Pit with ought people complaining about series over representation. That would be a dream come true.
Why wait for 2020 2023 when we could get a unique Dark Pit now?

Edit: And I'm okay with that, for the moment.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Why wait for 2020 when we can get Dark Pit now? Sorry Morbid rubbed off on me some.:troll:
2020? Smash 7 won't come for at least another 10 years, and that's even if we count Smash Wii U as Smash 5. And I don't just want Dark Pit, but Medusa and Hades as well. That's why we need to wait until 2040.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Because of LandMaster, It's agreed Falcompany should pilot in his Arwing & take the air like he was destined to do. Wolf / Krystal can do something spin-off right? I'm very lacking in StarFox knowledge what could it be?

Niala

Smash Ace
2020? Smash 7 won't come for at least another 10 years, and that's even if we count Smash Wii U as Smash 5. And I don't just want Dark Pit, but Medusa and Hades as well. That's why we need to wait until 2040.
Isn't it a little presumptuous, and perhaps naive, to assume a Smash 7? We're working on 4, here, let's not get too far ahead of ourselves.

Because of LandMaster, It's agreed Falcompany should pilot in his Arwing & take the air like he was destined to do. Wolf / Krystal can do something spin-off right? I'm very lacking in StarFox knowledge what could it be?
Krystal kinda depends on where her inspiration would theoretically come from. If she's modeled after Star Fox Adventures, using the staff, there are some ideas (like a massive earthquake, for example.)
Wolf, on the other hand, doesn't have a lot to take from. While he's a relatively notable character, I don't think he's been seen outside his Wolfen (arwing) aside from multiplayer mode in Assault (corrections, anyone?) He doesn't have a lot from which to take inspiration.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
You could stick Wolf in the Wolfen and I would be fine. Krystal could ride a Pteranodon from the CloudRunner tribe much to the same effect as an Arwing, and that would be okay, too. You only want to fool the masses into believing these FSes are original anyway.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If we stick Falco in an Arwing and Wolf in a Wolfen, the I'm afraid we'll end up having three first person laser shooter Final Smashes. Need I remind you guys of Zero Suit's final smash. As for Krystal, I think she's the only Nintendo character I'd rather not have at all, so I'd rather not discuss her.

SpindaMaster

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3136-6569-2540
I posted this in the Rayman thread, but I felt I should post it here too for some reason. I think I may have found some potential evidence that points to Rayman being playable (that said, I don't think he will be). Feel free to give your thoughts on the matter.
I feel like I should point some things out that may or may not point to Rayman's playability. Firstly, this wouldn't be the first time Nintendo had to cover up something one of their reps said. Back before E3, this happened. Basically, someone from France said that SSB4 would use the NFC technology, Nintendo later clamed that there was nothing to announce. We later learned about Amiibo, and that SSB4 would be compatible.
Also, as for the fact that there are two trophies, I may have an explanation (assuming Rayman is playable). Take a look at this trailer (skip to 57 seconds and pause it): Notice that Wii Fit Trainer trophy in the middle? It's different from her artwork. But if you look to the left, you see a trophy of her that matches her artwork. And, if you look a little to the right of the middle one, you find another one of her in a different pose. This suggests that playable characters have multiple trophies. Hence, Rayman would have multiple trophies.
I'm not saying this confirms Rayman, but it's food for thought.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Krystal kinda depends on where her inspiration would theoretically come from. If she's modeled after Star Fox Adventures, using the staff, there are some ideas (like a massive earthquake, for example.)
Wolf, on the other hand, doesn't have a lot to take from. While he's a relatively notable character, I don't think he's been seen outside his Wolfen (arwing) aside from multiplayer mode in Assault (corrections, anyone?) He doesn't have a lot from which to take inspiration.
Nice, so basically Wolf all this time still has a StarFox inspired move-set but was basically made-up without any real video game analysis? Sakurai kudos, once again. I did sound vague not mentioning FS's when that's where I was going with it, so apologies on that. Also purple & green text is. . .such a good combination of color.:shades:
Krystal I do remember from StarFox Adventures so I see that working out.

You could stick Wolf in the Wolfen and I would be fine. Krystal could ride a Pteranodon from the CloudRunner tribe much to the same effect as an Arwing, and that would be okay, too. You only want to fool the masses into believing these FSes are original anyway.
Different look, same method. That is fooling at it's decently finest.:smirk: Approved.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Wolf could call in Leon and panther and in their wolfens they could shoot the stage from the top of the screen

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
If we stick Falco in an Arwing and Wolf in a Wolfen, the I'm afraid we'll end up having three first person laser shooter Final Smashes. Need I remind you guys of Zero Suit's final smash. As for Krystal, I think she's the only Nintendo character I'd rather not have at all, so I'd rather not discuss her.
Fox's Landmaster operates on the battleground. The Arwing and the Wolfen could also. If you wanted to add a unique quirk, you could allow the ships to use a boost for a quick forward thrust. That would quickly move all the characters in their path towards the end of the screen for a potential instant kill. What a twist if I may say so myself!

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Wolf could call in Leon and panther and in their wolfens they could shoot the stage from the top of the screen
I remember that from Melee?. . .(Not really scratch that)

I don't remember this much, but when using the codec's on Lylat Cruise with Wolf didn't the Wolfen crew do anything besides talking?

Edit: Anyways I'm out for now gtg, peace thread Thanks for Posting~

Niala

Smash Ace
Nice, so basically Wolf all this time still has a StarFox inspired move-set but was basically made-up without any real video game analysis? Sakurai kudos, once again. I did sound vague not mentioning FS's when that's where I was going with it, so apologies on that. Also purple & green text is. . .such a good combination of color.:shades:
Krystal I do remember from StarFox Adventures so I see that working out.

Different look, same method. That is fooling at it's decently finest.:smirk: Approved.
Upon re-reading your initial post, I should have read into that you were mentioning Final Smashes specifically. I think it's about the same problem, either way. Krystal has some potential for something interesting, Wolf has a Wolfen or a Landmaster.

I daresay, we're a match made in heaven!

Fox's Landmaster operates on the battleground. The Arwing and the Wolfen could also. If you wanted to add a unique quirk, you could allow the ships to use a boost for a quick forward thrust. That would quickly move all the characters in their path towards the end of the screen for a potential instant kill. What a twist if I may say so myself!
I would argue a barrel roll would be more of a twist. :awesome:

Last edited:

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
Wolf could call in his team and they could appear on foot and just blast the Sheets out of people. Falco gets an arwing, Fox gets a landmaster. Kyrstal gets shown the door because she didnt make the cut :troll:

D

Deleted member

The dinosaur eats Krystal and is playable instead.
Everybody wins.

Krystal fans get Krystal (she's in the dino's digestive system), and I get an effin' dinosaur.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Ok, I know that Peppy and Slippy are more long running than Krystal, but ever since Adventures, Krystal's been getting just as important to the history of the franchise as a whole, maybe even better, so I'd say she deserves a spot on the roster.

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
Nevermind.

So this is how I would see Final smash's working out should we get a confirmation of Krystal.

Fox: Landmaster

Falco: Arwing

Wolf: Star Wolf Invasion, (Wolf would call in Panther and Leon to shoot at the stage.

Krystal: Cloudrunner Strike.

Last edited:

Gold_Jacobson

Smash Journeyman
I would not be opposed to Falcondorf, Black Shadow, and Hades as Captain Falcon clones on the same roster. More variety for one of my favorite move-sets.
I say add 15 Captain Falcon clones.

Slippy Toad! *Captain Falcon Clone*

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
The good news is the roster is 65 characters. The bad news is 15 of them are Captain Falcon clones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom