• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbi

Scavenger
Oh, okay, I wasn't reading that stuff that makes 0 sense. My bad.

---

So, people. Is there any chance there will be a Direct this month, either general or Smash based?
There is a chance. I would wager that the likelihood is about the same as Dark Pit as clone character. So take that as you will.

domokl

Smash Lord

---

So, people. Is there any chance there will be a Direct this month, either general or Smash based?
Definetly. every time we have had a game specific direct there is another direct later that month.

mark welford

Smash Ace
Maybe all the nintendo worlds are actually one universe, Samus and fox just got back in their ships and fly off, mario and link go back to hyrule and the mushroom kingdom, DK goes back to DK island, The pokemon characters go back to their planet and so does kirby etc
That is one theory the Nintendo universe theory

Burruni

Smash Hero

---

There can be both. One month had 3 directs before, with one being Tomodachi Life.... I think it was in may. It isn't particularly likely, but possible and not groundbreaking.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
There can be both. One month had 3 directs before, with one being Tomodachi Life.... I think it was in may. It isn't particularly likely, but possible and not groundbreaking.
I think in April we didn't get a General Direct. Instead, we got three Directs for Mario Kart 8, Tomodachi, and Smash.

What's more likely? One more general Direct, or two directs for games? (or just a Smash Direct)

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
Guys, I was searching the internet and found this Dark Pit leak. What do you guys think?

I spent 10 minutes on these, don't get mad at me or anything

But actually speaking about Dark Pit, I really think it would be strange to get two characters from one game that really doesn't deserve it. KI:U was a great game and all, but it was the first KI game in 20 years or so.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
That is one theory the Nintendo universe theory
But that's just a theory, A GAME THEORY!!!
I think in April we didn't get a General Direct. Instead, we got three Directs for Mario Kart 8, Tomodachi, and Smash.

What's more likely? One more general Direct, or two directs for games? (or just a Smash Direct)
That depends, are there any big games releasing soon?

Morbi

Scavenger
Guys, I was searching the internet and found this Dark Pit leak. What do you guys think?

I spent 10 minutes on these, don't get mad at me or anything

But actually speaking about Dark Pit, I really think it would be strange to get two characters from one game that really doesn't deserve it. KI:U was a great game and all, but it was the first KI game in 20 years or so.
This "leak" is falsified. Dark Pit uses the Silver Bow, get with the program. It is not as though Dark Pit needs a leak to be a plausible character anyways. Kid Icarus Uprising deserves a character to represent Smash Brothers. Magnus is out as he is an assist trophy, Viridi was also confirmed for another role. I suppose that leaves Dark Pit.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
This "leak" is falsified. Dark Pit uses the Silver Bow, get with the program. It is not as though Dark Pit needs a leak to be a plausible character anyways. Kid Icarus Uprising deserves a character to represent Smash Brothers. Magnus is out as he is an assist trophy, Viridi was also confirmed for another role. I suppose that leaves Dark Pit.
What are your opinions on Medusa and Hades?

I think Medusa has a great impact on the KI series.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Well, there's Smash, Bayonetta, Pokemon ORAS, and Sonic Boom.

We could see two more Directs for Smash and one of those other three (I would want it to be ORAS).
They could have a direct for smash but that'd probably be after the 3DS version launches, bayonetta is possible but it's 3rd party so who knows, same goes for Sonic Boom. With OR/AS I don't think there's enough to talk about to justify a direct

Morbi

Scavenger
What are your opinions on Medusa and Hades?

I think Medusa has a great impact on the KI series.
I vehemently supported Hades prior to supporting Dark Pit. I feel as though he is one of the most ideal characters that Sakurai could possibly include as he is one of the most prominent and recognizable fictional figures within history as we know it. I suppose I still support him to an extent, if he is revealed over Dark Pit, I would probably party non-stop (and then stop after about an hour).

Medusa is another great selection and she is more relevant to Kid Icarus than Hades. As an advocate of more female characters (where it is reasonable), she is one of my top most wanted. However, in terms of speculation, I attempt to discern "want" from "likelihood." This is precisely why I do not openly support her. As with Hades, I would probably sell my my heart and repurchase it at resale value in the event of her reveal over Dark Pit.

Next comes the "purple antagonist test." Both characters pass!

But... Dark Pit is happening. Hopefully BluePikmin's suggestion is correct and we can get one of them in addition to Dark Pit.

domokl

Smash Lord
I vehemently supported Hades prior to supporting Dark Pit. I feel as though he is one of the most ideal characters that Sakurai could possibly include as he is one of the most prominent and recognizable fictional figures within history as we know it. I suppose I still support him to an extent, if he is revealed over Dark Pit, I would probably party non-stop (and then stop after about an hour).

Medusa is another great selection and she is more relevant to Kid Icarus than Hades. As an advocate of more female characters (where it is reasonable), she is one of my top most wanted. However, in terms of speculation, I attempt to discern "want" from "likelihood." This is precisely why I do not openly support her. As with Hades, I would probably sell my my heart and repurchase it at resale value in the event of her reveal over Dark Pit.

But... Dark Pit is happening. Hopefully BluePikmin's suggestion is correct and we can get one of them in addition to Dark Pit.
3 kid icarus characters is fine as i support and think dark pit is in to but 4 kid icarus characters?

Weeman

Smash Crusader

If that happens prepare for the "Franchise overrepresentation" and "Sakurai Bias" flame wars incoming :awesome:.

domokl

Smash Lord
hades would be in over medusa imo. the true main villian and was created by sakurai and is much more memorabe

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691

If we get 4 KI characters, I will scream. And Uprising is my favorite 3DS game.

I'm still not sold on Dark Pit, but I'd rather talk about something else.

What could Hades and Medusa do different from the rest of the cast?

Morbi

Scavenger
3 kid icarus characters is fine as i support and think dark pit is in to but 4 kid icarus characters?
I do not believe in the notion of, "over-representation." I do not believe it (4 Kid Icarus characters) will happen myself, but I would certainly not be opposed to it either.

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Dark Pit and Hades would be amazing, but the more I think about it, the more I think it's unlikely unless Hades and Pittoo are both last minute clones.
Who could Hades be a last minute clone of? Captain Falcon?...
... actually that kinda makes sense, i'm sorry Black Shadow but a new boy's in town! :awesome:

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
What the hell are Pit and Palutena then?
I mean an Uprising specific representative. In the same way that Robin is a Fire Emblem representative, she is also an Awakening representative. Robin is not in any of the other Fire Emblem games, she is in Awakening. So with Dark Pit, he is an Uprising exclusive character. Pit and Palutena were in the original if I am not mistaken.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hadesu...Kiiiiiick!

(Note: That actually happened. Only in the Japanese release)

D

Deleted member

If we're talking Kid Icarus reps, Medusa in my opinion should be the third rep because she was in the original as well, but I'm afraid that Dark Pit is simply more likely due to his popularity (outside of smash representation) and easy to reuse model. As for Hades, he's kind of the odd one out here because he's got less going for him.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I think if a franchise is over represented (such as FE), it's probably because they had the time to add in filler recent newcomer clones into roster. Representation still matters, but the last minute clones are basically just the extra cherry on the cake.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I mean an Uprising specific representative. In the same way that Robin is a Fire Emblem representative, she is also an Awakening representative. Robin is not in any of the other Fire Emblem games, she is in Awakening. So with Dark Pit, he is an Uprising exclusive character. Pit and Palutena were in the original if I am not mistaken.
That makes no ****ing sense whatsoever.

Morbi

Scavenger
Who could Hades be a last minute clone of? Captain Falcon?...
... actually that kinda makes sense, i'm sorry Black Shadow but a new boy's in town! :awesome:
I would not be opposed to Falcondorf, Black Shadow, and Hades as Captain Falcon clones on the same roster. More variety for one of my favorite move-sets.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
One could argue that Palutena was more or less a non-entity in that game.

But I don't think an Uprising rep would be necessary. Palutena's in, Viridi's deconfirmed, and that's all I cared about. I think KI representation is fine for right now (in literally every aspect, KI is fine).

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.

But I don't think an Uprising rep would be necessary. Palutena's in, Viridi's deconfirmed, and that's all I cared about. I think KI representation is fine for right now (in literally every aspect, KI is fine).
Nah, we need more Hades. :awesome:

Morbi

Scavenger
That makes no ****ing sense whatsoever.
I did not present it as fact. I want an Uprising exclusive character in Smash; if you do not, that is fine. I was not attempting to be persuasive. I was quite literally stating my opinion.

Not necessary, of course. It is just something that I want.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Actually he would be a clone of Ganondorf since his style of play fits closer to him.
Well Ganondorf is a clone of Captain Falcon, and i meant as in him taking over Ganondorf moveset so that him gets a new one, just like where Black Shadow's appeal came from :awesome:

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
On the topic of a 3rd KI playable character, I'm all for it. It's not uncommon to have suddenly more characters from a Uiverse franchise especially KI:U. Also:
What will happen with Master Hand and Crazy Hand?
If my wishful thinking is spot-on, Master Foot & Crazy Foot will make a debut.:shades: Bosses in video games without a torso / body, legs, or arms is a common idea used enough to be noted.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well Ganondorf is a clone of Captain Falcon, and i meant as in him taking over Ganondorf moveset so that him gets a new one, just like where Black Shadow's appeal came from :awesome:
However....Hades will never have the same appeal as B. Shadow in that regard.
Hades wasn't voiced by EMPEROR WAKAMOTO, after all. :awesome:

(Though to be serious for a moment, the main reason why B. Shadow getting the Ganondorf moveset has appeal is because B. Shadow is actually from the same series as Captain Falcon to where the moves would make sense.)

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
If Kid Icarus would somehow get a third rep, I personally believe it would be Hades or Medusa. Medusa is both a female and a villain, and we all know how smash needs more of those. But then again, Hades has such a love-to-hate personality to him, and he is still the main antagonist in Kid Icarus: Uprising. As stated before, I personally think that three Kid Icarus characters would be too much over representation. How about we get some more Donkey Kong, Metroid, or Star Fox characters that aren't clones before getting new Kid Icarus characters.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I wish i had a gif of Black Shadow punching Hades while screaming WATAHI NA SHINEN SHINENZU!!

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
However....Hades will never have the same appeal as B. Shadow in that regard.
Hades wasn't voiced by EMPEROR WAKAMOTO, after all. :awesome:

(Though to be serious for a moment, the main reason why B. Shadow getting the Ganondorf moveset has appeal is because B. Shadow is actually from the same series as Captain Falcon to where the moves would make sense.)
Well said, I think that if any clone-worthyness is allowed it should be from the playable characters who hail from the same franchise, not map-crossing full-blown clone disease across the Nintendo World.:scared:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom