• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I remember a debate way back when where you did say something along those lines.
This is all I said in the Bowser Jr thread lol

I see a lot of talk about how unique Paper Mario would be.

All I can think of for him is using items that are mostly already items in smash.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Toon Link may be the Link from The Wind Waker but he is not the same person as the Link from Twilight Princess. They are two different individuals just like how Pit and Dark Pit are two different individuals.

CodeBlue_

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-2347-7011-5339
With all of this Dark Pit discussion, I believe that this belongs here:

This has been confirmed to translate to remaining HP, not strictly Boss HP, possibly alluding to breakable terrain.
I don't see how listing a bunch of random crap automatically makes Dark Pit somehow better.
That isn't random crap though. Pit Uses the Guardian Orbitars and Upperdash Arm in Smash 4. There is a small chance Dark Pit could use some of the weapons BluePikmin stated to differentiate himself from Pit.

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Do you mean the rival by Red? In which case everyone kind of views him as the antagonist of pokemon so yeah, I consider them both antagonists at the very least
I mean Red in Gold and Silver, where he was that game's "super boss" and you fought them at the top of Mt. Silver, he served as a final challenge for the player, but he wasn't "evil" by any means, he was just a trainer challenging you.
In Red and Blue Mewtwo was more of a Wild Pokémon wich confined itself due to it's power and pretty much was just defending itself from you, who disrupted in his habitat, just like any other legendary Pokémon. Pokémon Origins gets this right.

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
With all of this Dark Pit discussion, I believe that this belongs here:
Don't disagree with the speculation Dark Pit could be a boss, but the text is actually remaining HP. Not boss.

Edit: :4greninja:'d

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Cut Mewtwo and Wolf, and I basically agree. I don't think the Greninja reveal was a tease for Mewtwo, I thought it was just a reveal like, who's that in the shadows thing. Most of the people who thought it was a tease were people who just really wanted Mewtwo. As for Wolf, one clone is fine but two is too many for SSB4, and I don't think they'd cut Falco. I'd rather have Wolf than Falco but there it is.

Also, I honestly don't know why they'd replace Snake with Shulk. If you're going to have another 3rd party, why replace an old one with a new one? They're keeping the TP versions of Link and Zelda, so I don't think grittiness is an issue. And Snake is more unique than Shulk (sword vs explosive ordinance).

Miscellaneous, KKR is a stretch, and so is Ridley, but neither are impossible. Lucas I'm unsure of. Agree with Dark Pit, Lucina paved the way and he has been heavily teased.

Instead of 54, I think 53 is what it'll end up being, 9x6 grid--your roster minus KKR, Wolf, Mewtwo, Shulk=Snake. I count the Miis as 3 characters and not just 1, and think they'll get 3 slots. Cut down to 50 I'd take away Ridley, Lucas, and ROB.
I guess I wasn't clear what I call a lock.

Paper Mario, Ridley, Mewtwo, Ghirahim and dark pit are "locked" on my roster. This means that I'm VERY entitled to my opinion of keeping them because I have enough evidences to believe their tease. They will not be removed until [deconfirmed], but Paper Mario may be unlock under only one condition and that is receiving info that would break or heavily question my tease theory. I have to remind you that his spot relies only on this that's why. I don't really expect the others to have their tease break so it's locked until [deconfirmed].

I was already clear on no cuts. You can speculate a priority list, but that still doesn't tell me if the bottom will be cut since it could have to do with external reasons (dev issues or time constraints). Also, that's assuming the priority list which would be too annoying for me to speculate on.

The thing about teases is that I noticed a pattern concerning the reaction. The people who would care the most would be the first to consider the possibility while the one who don't care that much will imply something that contradicts the tease and so, deny it. The fact that supporters were the first to consider it on Mewtwo doesn't tell me anything and it might even suggest that there was a tease. In other words, if it was a tease, that's expected to happens.

If amount of rep doesn't matter that much, amount of clone shouldn't too. It matters even less considering that they are easy to make especially for veterans since you have a base idea. That and my no cut view. He COULD be cut, but I don't have a particular reason.

I'm pretty sure Shulk is at least second party, but I don't think he's a third party so snake has nothing to do with his chances. Btw, uniqueness not only is subjective, but it only explains why it's WORTH not why he WOULD be in. I can implement a hundreds different movesets for Paper Mario and it doesn't tell me if he would be in, but it does tell me the motive behind such an addition. Anyway, I already said I'm unsure on him as it just me feeling that he would get in and so, he's unlocked. So it might change.

I'm unsure on KKR, but I don't see him as a stretch.

Ridley is probably the most locked spot on my roster. I speculated HEAVILY on his case to tell you that I'm VERY confident he'll be in. It's been months, not having a theory suggesting not playable that is still consistent is worth mentioning. It's far from a stretch and even if you don't consider my tease logic here, it's a perfect 50/50 due to how I can prove that the direct wasn't in any way clear. 50/50 isn't a stretch.

I just want to point my opinion on mii as I don't see anyone mentioned it.

In the 3ds trailer, you can see a sort of multi man melee/brawl mode when you fight against mii. This is very important because for me, there aren't just a slot, but also had to be optimized for such a mode. One slot, multiple purposes so you save dev time to do something like in melee or brawl, original enemies. That's why I think they have only one slot, but I think it was mentioned in E3 anyway.

I just don't think snake will return. From what I heard, it doesn't really sounds promising so I see more a cut than not cut. Could be wrong, but that's what I think.

To be honest, I expected at least one person to disagree with Paper Mario. I saw a lot of skepticism for such a theory and that may be due to not much people are interested to see him playable. Which is understandable, but if it's true, it worked very well.

Last edited:

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
I mean Red in Gold and Silver, where he was that game's "super boss" and you fought them at the top of Mt. Silver, he served as a final challenge for the player, but he wasn't "evil" by any means, he was just a trainer challenging you.
In Red and Blue Mewtwo was more of a Wild Pokémon wich confined itself due to it's power and pretty much was just defending itself from you, who disrupted in his habitat, just like any other legendary Pokémon. Pokémon Origins gets this right.
Fair enough, I forgot about that Red fight. I guess mewtwo isn't much of a villain.

Soooo let's bring in Giovanni as a WiiU exclusive DLC (because F the DS and their gimping of the roster)

D

Deleted member

Yes but my point is that Toon Link wasn't bound to be a clonebecause of some sort of rule, just like Dark Pit isn't bound to be a Pit clone either, but Toon Link was and Dark Pit would probably be simply becuase that's easier to develop.
DOJO!! said:
Those who have played Link should enjoy playing Toon Link, too. As a rule, the special moves are the same.
It's possible that he didn't want to change him. Maybe he thought Toon Link differentiated himself enough to not merit changes.
My point was that Sakurai has contradicted himself before, so I don't think that rule is the reason he stayed the same as his Brawl incarnation.
You're talking cases where he changed his mind on including characters as reasoning as to how Sakurai can change his mind on how a character fights (which didn't happen in this case).
That's comparing apples to oranges. You're better off using Brawl Pit and Wii U/3DS Pit as an example.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
That isn't random crap though. Pit Uses the Guardian Orbitars and Upperdash Arm in Smash 4. There is a small chance Dark Pit could use some of the weapons BluePikmin stated to differentiate himself from Pit.
It is completely random crap if there is nothing telling me about an actual moveset or playstyle.

Don't spew crap just for the sake of spewing crap, try and actually sell the idea.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I do agree with the fact that they are two different characters, I understand that Dark Pit has stuff to pull from.

While it's Sakurai's call, I personally think it's a horrible newcomer choice. A horrific combination of not being requested and having little to no impact on his respective series (Medusa and Hades have a bigger impact on the series) or Nintendo, I think it'd be plain crazy to add him. He has little demand, and the only reason he has been brought up repetitively is because of Palutena's trailer. No one would have ANY intention of bringing him up if it wasn't for that.

I honestly just wish Sakurai can make a bold point that he is or is not playable. For Christ's sake, this isn't a character discussion thread anymore, it's Dark Pit Central.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I feel like Dark Pit would have to use the Silver Bow as his main weapon because it's his signature most used weapon in Uprising.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
I'm starting to doubt Dark Pit as more than an alt because of his appearance. How will a colorblind person be able to tell Pit and Dark Pit apart? Dark Pit could certainly have an original moveset, but I'm pretty sure people will still cry foul that he's "just another Pit".

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
I'm starting to doubt Dark Pit as more than an alt because of his appearance. How will a colorblind person be able to tell Pit and Dark Pit apart? Dark Pit could certainly have an original moveset, but I'm pretty sure people will still cry foul that he's "just another Pit".
Different stance. Works for Fox and Wolf.

Edit: Hell, how can a colorbind person tell the difference if two people are using the same character?

Last edited:

CodeBlue_

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-2347-7011-5339
It is completely random crap if there is nothing telling me about an actual moveset or playstyle.

Don't spew crap just for the sake of spewing crap, try and actually sell the idea.
It's like how Pit uses his own weapons. Only three of the nine classes of Weapons are represented in Pit currently, those being the Bow, Arm and Orbitars. Dark Pit could use his Ogre Club (for the Club), his EZ Cannon (for the Cannon), Pandora Claws (for the claws, also alluding to a Boss) or the Violet Palm (for the palm).

Even without the need for additional weapons. He has his own answer to what Pit has.

His Silver Bow fires a larger and stronger but slower shot than Pit's bow, his End All Arm could act similar to Ganon's side b in Melee, being a stronger version of the Upperdash Arm with a darkness effect, and his Gemini Orbitars could fire two the two orbitars out as an offensive projectile but would leave Dark Pit open to a grab or have less duration for the hitbox.

I highly suggest playing the game (if you haven't already) before spewing false judgements about a character's moveset potential.

It's really sad that I'm defending him as I would prefer him as an alt costume with a different voice and only consider him because of the salt it would bring from his detractors.

EDIT: Forgot about one if his most appealing trademark weapon, the Dark Pit STAFF. I think that speaks for itself.

Last edited:

Blue Ninjakoopa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlueNinjakoopa
3DS FC
3265-5187-8163
Different stance. Works for Fox and Wolf.

Edit: Hell, how can a colorbind person tell the difference if two people are using the same character?
Fox and Wolf aren't clones, though, and have very different designs (aside from having different attire, Wolf has slightly longer ears than Fox's, wilder eyebrows and "hair", and claws).

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I keep forgetting we only have a couple of trailers for newcomers left as I keep finding things about potential new characters that I'd love to see in the new Smash, but sadly I don't see much of a chance for there to be more than 4 newcomers revealed before release (and I'm doubting that there will really be any secret characters that are new either based on the new direction Sakurai has been growing and the way he dislikes internet reveals of his content ala SSE). At this point for me personally the quality of the roster is very much banking on these last couple of reveals to either feel really great or only just good enough. While that's a little harsh to say considering the quality of those who have been revealed, I still can't shake that slightly disappointed feeling I've had about the line-up for a little while.

Also I was actually petty content with the line-up until I came here and started to see all the amazing potential for new characters that I realized could never actually be recognized. Characters like Ridley and King K. Rool didn't even matter to me as newcomers til I came here and started to realize the potential and the hype behind so many of them. Damn you for opening my eyes to even more possibilities!!! :laugh:

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
Well colorblindness doesn't affect the monochromaitc colors of black and white..

although it does affect colors like red and green espicially...and we have the mario bros....so....

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Let's get onto a new topic (crazy for trying to change the topic in a Dark Pit thread, silly me).

If there is a Smash Direct, which characters would be revealed?

I would say Meta Knight, Lucas, Ice Climbers, and Mewtwo. And a trailer for Shulk. Anyone else?

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Let's get onto a new topic (crazy for trying to change the topic in a Dark Pit thread, silly me).

I would say Meta Knight, Lucas, Ice Climbers, and Mewtwo. And a trailer for Shulk. Anyone else?
Yo bro why did you forget Wario

tho id be ok with Lucas

Gold_Jacobson

Smash Journeyman

If Dark Pit is his own character, he'd easily be original by using some of the weapon styles from KI that Pit doesn't cover. Such as Sniper Rifles and claws. It is interesting that despite how laser and shooty Kid Icarus Uprising is, Pit doesn't have that aspect to him in Smash Brawl or Sm4sh.

Sakurai might want to redeem this by adding in Dark Pit, so that he wouldn't have to change the original Pit (Which many are use to) too much.

Blue Ninjakoopa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlueNinjakoopa
3DS FC
3265-5187-8163

Good list, but I'd put Wario instead of Mewtwo, and subtract Ice Climbers because I think Sakurai is still working on properly implementing them. For some reason I feel they're going to be the very last reveals, but only if Sakurai can put them in the game glitch-free. Then again, considering how close SSB4 is to launch in Japan for the 3DS, they just might appear in the next direct.

For the record I definitely think Mewtwo will be in, but he's going to be hidden. Sakurai needs to feed off of our suspense a little while longer. :p

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
You're talking cases where he changed his mind on including characters as reasoning as to how Sakurai can change his mind on how a character fights (which didn't happen in this case).
That's comparing apples to oranges. You're better off using Brawl Pit and Wii U/3DS Pit as an example.
That's not what I claimed in that quote. I said that rule might not be the reason Toon Link stayed the same in this installment. My previous statement was used to justify the possibility that he could change his mind on the matter as it happened with other rules.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Well colorblindness doesn't affect the monochromaitc colors of black and white..

although it does affect colors like red and green espicially...and we have the mario bros....so....
Mario and luigi are built differently, with luigi being taller and lankier.
Don't forget that a hypothetical dark pit would need costume choices as well, and the fact that they will both look the same in a metal/gold form, regardless of what color you can see

Last edited:

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
Mario and luigi are built differently, with luigi being taller and lankier.
Don't forget that a hypothetical dark pit would need costume choices as well, and the fact that they will both look the same in a metal/gold form, regardless of what color you can see
Fair, I didn't realize that's what you meant. My apolgoies, Carry on

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
It wasn't in that thread. It was in this thread.
All I remember is that I gave you a summary about Wolf and Faco's roles in their games since you asked about which of the two is more important in their games or something like that.

Last edited:

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
Want to know what I love about smash speculation? "X isn't getting in." No. This doesn't work in any way shape or form! Every character so far bar one had VERY VERY good reasons you could argue for their disclusion.

:4villager:Sakurai said they weren't getting in.
:4wiifit:What is this? How would it even work?
:4megaman:Crapcom being crappy won't give the rights/reach out and ask for his inclusion.
:rosalina:Before Jr., Waliugi, or Toad? Lol get out.
:4littlemac:Japanese don't have a single clue who he is, and we haven't gotten a character in that situation.
:4greninja:Too new, too random. Brawl + Mewtwo
:4mii:Isn't used in violent games. Can't have Tommy throwing his sister Sally into a volcano!
:4palutena:The (chosen) one.
:4pacman:Namco not getting special treatment.
:4robinf:Even if she's the main character as well, Chrom is the face of the game so he'll get in.
:4lucina:Prominence, moveset, and a reason other than "my waifu" please?

Yes, some these reasons are absolute bull. We know that because we got them in the game. Hindsight bias. AND THAT'S EXACTLY MY POINT! Sakurai will include whoever the **** he wants. Arguing "Oh, he could easily be a clone." "Not prominent enough for smash." is complete and utter crap! Discussing merits, why a character might get in, and what their moveset could be is fine. The inverse, discussing why a character won't be in is complete and utter bull when pretty much all our criteria has been systematically overturned in the course of a year! If he wants to add Dark Pit, Paper Mario, Bandanna Dee, or DOCTOR KAWASHIMA, he can. And none of our home brewed logic or criteria will stop him.

tl;dr A lot of characters we dismiss for what we see as good reasons have gotten in. There is no logic. Chances are, if you can picture them as a playable character, even if it's extremely tenuously, they have a shot. There's just as much a chance they can get in 'over' your favorite. Get over it, stop hating.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Want to know what I love about smash speculation? "X isn't getting in." No. This doesn't work in any way shape or form! Every character so far bar one had VERY VERY good reasons you could argue for their disclusion.

:4megaman:Crapcom being crappy won't give the rights/reach out and ask for his inclusion.
:4littlemac:Japanese don't have a single clue who he is, and we haven't gotten a character in that situation.
:4mii:Isn't used in violent games. Can't have Tommy throwing his sister Sally into a volcano!
:4robinf:Even if she's the main character as well, Chrom is the face of the game so he'll get in.

Yes, some these reasons are absolute bull. We know that because we got them in the game. Hindsight bias. AND THAT'S EXACTLY MY POINT! Sakurai will include whoever the **** he wants. Arguing "Oh, he could easily be a clone." "Not prominent enough for smash." is complete and utter crap! Discussing merits, why a character might get in, and what their moveset could be is fine. The inverse, discussing why a character won't be in is complete and utter bull when pretty much all our criteria has been systematically overturned in the course of a year! If he wants to add Dark Pit, Paper Mario, Bandanna Dee, or DOCTOR KAWASHIMA, he can. And none of our home brewed logic or criteria will stop him.

tl;dr A lot of characters we dismiss for what we see as good reasons have gotten in. There is no logic. Chances are, if you can picture them as a playable character, even if it's extremely tenuously, they have a shot. There's just as much a chance they can get in 'over' your favorite. Get over it, stop hating.
That's also why teases work so much: deny.

The problem is, if there's good reasons to tell that whoever is under a tease, it should matter the most about his chances and people tend to forget that.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
The only one that got on my nerves was saying "Little Mac only punches he can't be unique" and crap like that.

Though Sakurai himself couldn't get Mac to work without making him ridiculously over the top and basic so he's not any better too. :^)

Last edited:

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
The only one that got on my nerves was saying "Little Mac only punches he can't be unique" and crap like that.

Though Sakurai himself couldn't get him to work without making Mac ridiculous over the top so he's not any better too. :^)
Sakurai can make ANY character unique. Dark Pit, Pichu, even a Potato could be made extremely unique with enough thought put into it. I don't really think Little mac is over the top, I just think the Power meter is a way to make him stand out from the "only punches" trope you mentioned.

Last edited:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691

Calm the **** down. People are saying they don't like Dark Pit because of the reasons they stated. Personally, I don't think he is as important to the Kid Icarus series or the Nintendo series, and I think coupled with the low demand makes him a poor choice as a newcomer. No one is here bashing people, so stop assuming we're "hating". I'm fine with people liking the character. I don't like it, I don't expect it, and I discussed why. Kinda the ****ing point of this thread.

And also, all of these newcomers are prominent:
:4greninja:: Most popular Pokemon in Gen 6. Sakurai took a shot in the dark and chose correctly who he would think would be the most popular.
:4littlemac:: Huge prominence in the West and greatly requested. Classic arcade game that has gotten a revival.
:4lucina:: One of the two posterchildren for Fire Emblem: Awakening.
:4megaman:: I don't need to explain his importance.
:4mii:: Icons of the Wii generation, pretty much the icons of Nintendo right now.
:4palutena:: Second main character in Kid Icarus and largely requested.
:4pacman:: Not explaining his prominence.
:4robinm:: Main character in popular Fire Emblem: Awakening.
:rosalina:: Over the years has established herself as a staple Mario character, appearing in more titles.
:4villager:: Part of a critically acclaimed series, Animal Crossing is a huge Nintendo franchise.
:4wiifit:: Wii Fit is one of the best-selling and well-known games of all time.

These characters are prominent in their series as a whole or Nintendo as a whole, or video gaming as a whole. While series like Pokemon are based around recency, its still directed to prominence and importance and popularity in the latest games. Dark Pit, in my opinion, does not hold a candle to any of these characters. And if you can help enlighten me how he is on par with any of these characters, please do.

I hate the logic of "ANYONE can get in if Sakurai wants them!" While we never expected some of these characters, looking back on them you can understand why they were added for more than "beefing up the roster" or having another Mario or Pokemon rep. The only way I would expect Dark Pit and truly understand his inclusion is if he was a last-minute clone.

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Sakurai can make ANY character unique. Dark Pit, Pichu, even a Potato could be made extremely unique with enough thought put into it. I don't really think Little mac is over the top, I just think the Power meter is a way to make him stand out from the "only punches" trope you mentioned.
He went with the easy route with Mac, bro. Couldn't get him to work without making him a sloppy boxer.

I have a blackbelt in boxing, and I shall never forgive him for this mistake. Had I designed Mac I'd have made him better than Steve Fox, who is unfortunately the closest thing to a boxing character that knows how to box. Tho Duddles is cool too. And Balrog.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yes, exactly right. And just because Sakurai CAN make any character unique doesn't mean he WILL, as evidenced by Toon Link. As far as I'm concerned, the situations with Toon Link and Dark Pit are identical. Except at least Toon Link has some notable visual difference from regular Link. Dark Pit is just... Pit with black hair and wings.

Pizzanigs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pizzanigs
I am so ****ing tired of Dark Pit discussion. I personally think Dark Pit is an idiotic idea, and I hate the fact that we can't go one page without constant bickering about him. Can we please discuss a different character?

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
Calm the **** down. People are saying they don't like Dark Pit because of the reasons they stated. Personally, I don't think he is as important to the Kid Icarus series or the Nintendo series, and I think coupled with the low demand makes him a poor choice as a newcomer. No one is here bashing people, so stop assuming we're "hating". I'm fine with people liking the character. I don't like it, I don't expect it, and I discussed why. Kinda the ****ing point of this thread.

And also, all of these newcomers are prominent:
:4greninja:: Most popular Pokemon in Gen 6. Sakurai took a shot in the dark and chose correctly who he would think would be the most popular.
:4littlemac:: Huge prominence in the West and greatly requested. Classic arcade game that has gotten a revival.
:4lucina:: One of the two posterchildren for Fire Emblem: Awakening.
:4megaman:: I don't need to explain his importance.
:4mii:: Icons of the Wii generation, pretty much the icons of Nintendo right now.
:4palutena:: Second main character in Kid Icarus and largely requested.
:4pacman:: Not explaining his prominence.
:4robinm:: Main character in popular Fire Emblem: Awakening.
:rosalina:: Over the years has established herself as a staple Mario character, appearing in more titles.
:4villager:: Part of a critically acclaimed series, Animal Crossing is a huge Nintendo franchise.
:4wiifit:: Wii Fit is one of the best-selling and well-known games of all time.

These characters are prominent in their series as a whole or Nintendo as a whole, or video gaming as a whole. While series like Pokemon are based around recency, its still directed to prominence and importance and popularity in the latest games. Dark Pit, in my opinion, does not hold a candle to any of these characters. And if you can help enlighten me how he is on par with any of these characters, please do.
You missed the point. I didn't even mention Dark Pit until the final line of the body, when he was in a list of other characters. I'm having trouble articulating this, so I'll do the best I can. Robin and Lucina both were dismissed before there reveal. Villager was dismissed before his reveal. Rosalina was considered the unlikeliest Mario newcomer before her reveal. Hating a character is okay (I could do with it being less vocal), but trying to justify that it's impossible they'll make the roster isn't imo.

Blue Ninjakoopa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlueNinjakoopa
3DS FC
3265-5187-8163
@ TumblrFamous TumblrFamous Greninja's popularity had nothing to do with its inclusion, that's just a coincidence. Greninja was planned for the game in the beginning, before X/Y, and Sakurai simply applied Greninja to the concept template given to him by Game Freak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom