• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
No. He actually said quite the opposite, for the most part, albeit most misconstrue his statement pertaining to such. I suppose it depends on whether or not the Koopalings function differently. I still find it unlikely as his model would have to change drastically to accommodate Morton and whatnot.

Initially, I had considered including Lucina as one of Marth's alternate costumes. After all, she has a close relationship with him in FE:A. In such cases, even if two characters' names and voices differ, as long as they function the same way, I assign them as alternate costumes. The Wii Fit Trainers, Villagers, and Robin are examples of this setup.

However, even though Lucina shares her physical stats and techniques with Marth, the characteristics of their attacks differ. When two such similar characters function in an even slightly different manner, I give them a separate spot on the roster since that will affect battle records and whatnot. In that sense, you could say she was very lucky to join the fray!
Ohhhhhhh ok, fuzzy memory. I remembered the general quote, however, I mixed up this part, "even if two characters' names and voices differ." I thought it was the opposite. Thanks for clearing that up.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/03/creating-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u-and-3ds?page=2

Seems to me that you don't follow what's being said.
Don't bother bringing up Rosalina & Luma; that argument is overplayed and ignorant to the fact that Luma does not pose the same mechanics as Nana does.
Well don't you just have a delightful way with words.
I think it is a moot point to even bring up in the first place, honestly.
Sakurai has mentioned a number of difficulties- after he has already overcome them and found a solution. With move set construction, with character proportion, with diversity in gameplay. He furthermore states time and time again just how great of a task his team has done, even on small projects such as the display screen on the menu for the 3DS game. Praise is everywhere. Hurdles are overcome at every turn.

I do not believe it even makes sense to bring public light to a problem that has no viable solution; but then again I tend to approach all things Sakurai says from approach of what makes most sense in marketing, since all things at this point he does are promotional.

I remember a post of yours with a not so gentleman in which you were debating something and providing a picture of Snic, and you were less than pleased with his condescending tone. I find it rather ironic that you have adopted using such a similar tone yourself. I follow quite well what has been discussed, thank you.

The quotation you bring up, by the way, is this:
Sakurai did tell me that “multiple character” combatants like the Ice Climbers were proving a technical challenge on the 3DS.
While I absolutely concede that Nana has much more input than the Luma, the Luma is still a multiple character. The quotation discusses multiple character combatants, and it even goes as far as to say combatants, pluralizing the word. If we are using the quotation that you provided, then it is your arbitrary dismissal that the technical limitations apply more so to Nana than to the Luma. The quotation is brief, a year old, and does not specify what these limitations are. You can bastardize the quotation all you want with your interpretation, but that does not make it what he said.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Wasnt it Nintendo of Canada that made the slip up? He mentioned Rayman?

Ya, Nintendo of Canada doesnt know anything.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Wasnt it Nintendo of Canada that made the slip up? He mentioned Rayman?

Ya, Nintendo of Canada doesnt know anything.
Well if anything we do have a few characters with "man" at the end of their name so its not that out there for him to screw up. But yeah i doubt it means absolutely anything, sakurai would not just flat out show him only to reveal him later.

epicgordan

Smash Ace
Now, here's another question that I have; what if we are to receive a roster size of 60 playable characters? Theoretically, of course? Well, I'm here to speculate on what the remaining veterans and newcomers could consist off--let's assume then that that's 12 veterans and 12 newcomers remaining. So, I'll be honoring both sides of the same coin by tackling a top 12 most likely of each based on evidence both in and surrounding the game of a particular character's presence as a playable character. Starting with the veterans:

1. Mr. Game & Watch: The drawing early on in development and his unofficial confirmation in the Pac-Man trailer.

2. Wario: Same drawing, the Ashley and Waluigi ATs, the Wario symbol on them, and the recent leak from the Nintendo eShop confirming him.

3. Meta Knight: The return of Halberd as a retro stage on Wii U, and his appearance on the same drawing as G&W and Wario.

4. Ness: Franklin Badge and Mr. Saturn--specifically the latter. Sakurai also intends in holding on to the original 12 no matter what.

5. Ice Climbers: The polar bear in Smash Run, and Sakurai mentioning them in the interview talking about the difficulty implimenting them on the 3DS version.

6. Falco: The Great Fox stage had two Arwings in the potd, and the Treehouse people had let slip at SDCC a "stun mechanic" on one of the Star Fox blasters.

7. Mewtwo: When Pokemon X & Y was being promoted, when the Gamefreak employees were asked about Mega Mewtwo Y and his possible inclusion, Sakurai answered from the audience, "We are thinking about it."

8. Ganondorf: The Gerudo Valley stage appears to be Ganondorf's home stage on the 3DS.

9. Lucas: The Franklin Badge and Mr. Saturn could also hint towards Lucas's return.

10.Wolf: The "stun mechanic" in the Falco's hint can also hint towards Wolf.

11.Jigglypuff: Aside from a desire to bring back the original 12, absolutely nothing.

12.R.O.B.: Nothing, really.

With the exceptions of Mewtwo, and Lucas (who are 70% and 50% respectively), I am guaranteeing all of the remaining veterans above for a return at 100% likelihood. Yes, even Ice Climbers, Falco, and Wolf.

And now, here's a list of the most likely newcomers based again on evidence in and surrounding the game:

1. Ridley: His shadow being teased during the boss segment in the Smash Direct; his name not being mentioned; the Trophy Quiz theory; Ridley's theme playing when Ki Hunter's trophy came up; the complete lack of Pyrosphere on the Wii U demo; and the fact that we've been teased of his presence since last year when Pyrosphere was shown off as a potd. 100%

2. Shulk: The rumored Mechon trophies found in Smash Run; Adam Lowden coming forward about the voice over work he completed for this year but can't yet tell us; and Monolith Soft constantly retweeting any and every news surrounding Smash Bros. Suspicious much? 98%

3. Dark Pit: He was revealed at the end of Palutena's trailer, and was even shown in Palutena's cover art separate from Pit. The fact that the trailer ends on a cliffhanger clearly means that we are not supposed to know Dark Pit's role until after launch. 88%

4. King K. Rool: Yes, the Kremlings in Smash Run argument as usual. But that's not all, really. The lack of an original DK stage, and the fact that almost four whole months have passed without any clarification regarding his role helps support his case as a playable character. If you think time isn't his friend at this point and time, consider too that I originally had Takamaru on this particular list of most likely newcomers last Saturday at SDCC when his game was announced to be coming out on VC worldwide for the first time ever. And he was quickly disconfirmed as being nothing more than an AT two days later. 80%

5. Chorus Kids: The Sneaky Spirits are in Smash Run as enemies. Every enemy found in Smash Run either has a corresponding franchise represented by playable characters, or originated from Subspace Emissary back in Brawl. They may not hint at them specifically, but at the very least, we're pretty much getting a Rhythm Heaven character. 70%

6. Ghirahim: Considered switching his placement with Chorus Kids, but decided against it since the Trophy Quiz theory is just a theory. But, given the trophy was of Fi from Skyward Sword, but the theme that played was Ballad of the Goddess, which is Zelda's Lullaby in reverse. Actually, given the fact that the Trophy Quiz theory highly suggests a newcomer from Skyward Sword, and we have two polarizing attributes (Fi in relation to Ghirahim, and the music to Impa), I ultimately decided on Ghirahim as the SS rep by virtue of the fact that Impa could very well turn up as a Sheik alt. 65%

7. Paper Mario: I was waiting for some concrete evidence that could support Paper Mario's inclusion as a playable character, and apparently, the Paper Mario stage on 3DS is just what I was looking for. All we need now is a Paper Mario stage on Wii U, and I'd consider his conclusion fairly locked on. 55%

8. Dixie Kong: This is mainly the backup to King K. Rool in case the latter doesn't pan out as a playable character. Because frankly, there's no reason not to have a new DK rep at all. While lacking in evidence so far, she has Tropical Freeze to apparently back her inclusion up since she has "recency" and "relevancy" on her side. The question is, is she too recent? She is also one of the Forbidden Seven, but since she was meant to be paired up with Diddy Kong similarly to Ice Climbers in Brawl before being cut since "it wasn't going to work," I really cannot use her exclusion as evidence in her favor (heck, at least Roy and Mewtwo almost made it back in). 50%

9. Excitebiker/Mach Rider: Excitebiker simply because he was going to be playable in Melee, but because Sakurai couldn't figure out a believable way to make him jump, decided to instead go with Ice Climbers as a retro rep; this could change. Mach Rider is simply the more believable forgotten retro rep for this game, but I'm keeping my options open. 30%

10.Duck Hunt Dog: No evidence, really. But it does seem to be the most logical follow-up to the likes of R.O.B. and Mr. Game & Watch for the retro joke character whose role in the video game industry proved vital (after all, the game came packaged together alongside Super Mario Bros. on NES). 25%

11.8-Bit Mario: There's evidence, during the amiibo segment of the Digital Event where he, Lucina, and Mr. Game & Watch were all shown together. What they all had in common was at the time, none of them were confirmed for Smash 4; we have since gotten teased further with G&W, and Lucina has joined the battle as well. Granted, there were a few characters on there like Isabelle and Tom Nook who were all disconfirmed long beforehand, so maybe this may apply with 8-Bit Mario as well? Regardless, 8-Bit Mario is the only character left on here who hasn't been confirmed or disconfirmed either way (and yes, Mario is there, too; so I'm not overlooking any obvious details, here). 20%

12.N: Really, the only valid reason I even have to add him as a potential newcomer is due to how coy Sakurai was in the potd revealing N's Castle as a stage. At the very least, I can safely expect him to make some sort of appearance on the 3DS version of the game, but in what role? I have no idea. I'd be very excited if N turns up to be a newcomer. I don't think he will be playable, but I'd be very surprised (pleasantly, of course) if I'm proven wrong. Less than 1%

I'll probably update both of these lists as time goes on. But for now, we'll just wait and see.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Blue, Ice Climbers will be back. We have the Polar Bear in Smash Run, they've been in the series since Melee, Sakurai is confirmed to be working on them and technical difficulties have been solved as Rosalina and Olimar are included in the roster.

Cutting Ice Climbers is a stupid notion and even if Ninka has an inside scoop, which I will admit isn't unlikely, then I doubt he knows what characters will be cut. Seriously, knowing color swaps doesn't mean you know the roster at all.

And my Top 5 vets are :wario::metaknight::gw::wolf::ness2:
I'm pretty certain they will back, whether on-disc or DLC, they have all the merits to return, almost all of your (un-opinionated) points still stand, but the wall of technical difficulties is still a considerably big obstacle to me now.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
but the wall of technical difficulties is still a considerably big obstacle to me now.
I agree. I still think it's possible that technical difficulties could possibly prevent them from returning.
Maybe they were planned, but due to these difficulties, they were cut but the Polar Bear enemy still remains in Smash Run. Technically, the Ice Climbers don't have to be playable for one to appear as an enemy.

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
"-Bowser Jr appears as a new comer and allegedly fights from a mario kart... has no alt colors, but instead has the 7 koopalings as alts."

I don't get this. First of all the team battles thing I don't think would work if he had no alts.

Secondly, Bowser Jr. isn't even in Mario Kart 8 right?
The kart was an error of the leaker, he was trying to say clown car, but still sounds very weird.
Also, Ice Climbers cut.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I don't want to hear another word about leaks! I just want the characters we get without a fuss!

To be on topic though, I'm thinking that Ganondorf will be revealed next week to tie in with the Hyrule Warriors direct, but I'm not 100% confident.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I don't know XD
But a lot of people think this leak is real...
Color swaps happen all of the time on Brawl Vault, so I wouldn't be surprised if he was just making colors and that happened to be one. He was probably making a darker version of "Minty Bowser." Also, having colors and knowing characters are completely different things. I didn't believe Gematsu, so I'm as sure as heck I'm not buying this.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Oh hi guys what's th---

Leaks? C'mon now. Robin and Lucina pretty much killed leaks. Leaks are like cancer, causing riots everywhere.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
It's fairly believable. Bowser Jr. having alts as different characters doesn't make sense.
Why doesn't it make any sense? If Lucina makes sense to Sakurai as an alt to Marth (even if he changed his mind), then why couldn't the Koopalings? It seems if the Clown Car is the big carrier of them, the actual character is less important anyway. All eight are seen fighting in it at times, anyway.
To me it makes a lot of sense, and actually is the only feasible way I have heard Bowser Jr as a playable character not seeming like some filler, un-appointed nonsense. It adds representation to Mario from more villains, and prominent ones at that, from old games, new games, and a reboot of the old games with the re-marketed Koopa Kids.
It also keeps Bowser Jr from being a clone, as well as utilizes a mechanic he has in nearly every game the Clown Car, rather than the brush people so vehemently cling to which was used in one game he was featured prominently in, long ago. It also gives MUCH more variance to the Mario roster.

I do not have faith in this leak, but I certainly do hope it is true- and given all we have seen of Sakurai's efforts to do what the fans want, and do it better than they conceived, I think it is likely. The cuts, specifically Ice Climers, I'd imagine (if it were legitimate) were just forgotten, as in people recreating the roster from memory, seem to always forget the IC's, even me!

Though it sounds he made Duck Hunt Dog into Banjo Kazooie.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Now, here's another question that I have; what if we are to receive a roster size of 60 playable characters? Theoretically, of course? Well, I'm here to speculate on what the remaining veterans and newcomers could consist off--let's assume then that that's 12 veterans and 12 newcomers remaining. So, I'll be honoring both sides of the same coin by tackling a top 12 most likely of each based on evidence both in and surrounding the game of a particular character's presence as a playable character. Starting with the veterans:

1. Mr. Game & Watch: The drawing early on in development and his unofficial confirmation in the Pac-Man trailer.

2. Wario: Same drawing, the Ashley and Waluigi ATs, the Wario symbol on them, and the recent leak from the Nintendo eShop confirming him.

3. Meta Knight: The return of Halberd as a retro stage on Wii U, and his appearance on the same drawing as G&W and Wario.

4. Ness: Franklin Badge and Mr. Saturn--specifically the latter. Sakurai also intends in holding on to the original 12 no matter what.

5. Ice Climbers: The polar bear in Smash Run, and Sakurai mentioning them in the interview talking about the difficulty implimenting them on the 3DS version.

6. Falco: The Great Fox stage had two Arwings in the potd, and the Treehouse people had let slip at SDCC a "stun mechanic" on one of the Star Fox blasters.

7. Mewtwo: When Pokemon X & Y was being promoted, when the Gamefreak employees were asked about Mega Mewtwo Y and his possible inclusion, Sakurai answered from the audience, "We are thinking about it."

8. Ganondorf: The Gerudo Valley stage appears to be Ganondorf's home stage on the 3DS.

9. Lucas: The Franklin Badge and Mr. Saturn could also hint towards Lucas's return.

10.Wolf: The "stun mechanic" in the Falco's hint can also hint towards Wolf.

11.Jigglypuff: Aside from a desire to bring back the original 12, absolutely nothing.

12.R.O.B.: Nothing, really.

With the exceptions of Mewtwo, and Lucas (who are 70% and 50% respectively), I am guaranteeing all of the remaining veterans above for a return at 100% likelihood. Yes, even Ice Climbers, Falco, and Wolf.

And now, here's a list of the most likely newcomers based again on evidence in and surrounding the game:

1. Ridley: His shadow being teased during the boss segment in the Smash Direct; his name not being mentioned; the Trophy Quiz theory; Ridley's theme playing when Ki Hunter's trophy came up; the complete lack of Pyrosphere on the Wii U demo; and the fact that we've been teased of his presence since last year when Pyrosphere was shown off as a potd. 100%

2. Shulk: The rumored Mechon trophies found in Smash Run; Adam Lowden coming forward about the voice over work he completed for this year but can't yet tell us; and Monolith Soft constantly retweeting any and every news surrounding Smash Bros. Suspicious much? 98%

3. Dark Pit: He was revealed at the end of Palutena's trailer, and was even shown in Palutena's cover art separate from Pit. The fact that the trailer ends on a cliffhanger clearly means that we are not supposed to know Dark Pit's role until after launch. 88%

4. King K. Rool: Yes, the Kremlings in Smash Run argument as usual. But that's not all, really. The lack of an original DK stage, and the fact that almost four whole months have passed without any clarification regarding his role helps support his case as a playable character. If you think time isn't his friend at this point and time, consider too that I originally had Takamaru on this particular list of most likely newcomers last Saturday at SDCC when his game was announced to be coming out on VC worldwide for the first time ever. And he was quickly disconfirmed as being nothing more than an AT two days later. 80%

5. Chorus Kids: The Sneaky Spirits are in Smash Run as enemies. Every enemy found in Smash Run either has a corresponding franchise represented by playable characters, or originated from Subspace Emissary back in Brawl. They may not hint at them specifically, but at the very least, we're pretty much getting a Rhythm Heaven character. 70%

6. Ghirahim: Considered switching his placement with Chorus Kids, but decided against it since the Trophy Quiz theory is just a theory. But, given the trophy was of Fi from Skyward Sword, but the theme that played was Ballad of the Goddess, which is Zelda's Lullaby in reverse. Actually, given the fact that the Trophy Quiz theory highly suggests a newcomer from Skyward Sword, and we have two polarizing attributes (Fi in relation to Ghirahim, and the music to Impa), I ultimately decided on Ghirahim as the SS rep by virtue of the fact that Impa could very well turn up as a Sheik alt. 65%

7. Paper Mario: I was waiting for some concrete evidence that could support Paper Mario's inclusion as a playable character, and apparently, the Paper Mario stage on 3DS is just what I was looking for. All we need now is a Paper Mario stage on Wii U, and I'd consider his conclusion fairly locked on. 55%

8. Dixie Kong: This is mainly the backup to King K. Rool in case the latter doesn't pan out as a playable character. Because frankly, there's no reason not to have a new DK rep at all. While lacking in evidence so far, she has Tropical Freeze to apparently back her inclusion up since she has "recency" and "relevancy" on her side. The question is, is she too recent? She is also one of the Forbidden Seven, but since she was meant to be paired up with Diddy Kong similarly to Ice Climbers in Brawl before being cut since "it wasn't going to work," I really cannot use her exclusion as evidence in her favor (heck, at least Roy and Mewtwo almost made it back in). 50%

9. Excitebiker/Mach Rider: Excitebiker simply because he was going to be playable in Melee, but because Sakurai couldn't figure out a believable way to make him jump, decided to instead go with Ice Climbers as a retro rep; this could change. Mach Rider is simply the more believable forgotten retro rep for this game, but I'm keeping my options open. 30%

10.Duck Hunt Dog: No evidence, really. But it does seem to be the most logical follow-up to the likes of R.O.B. and Mr. Game & Watch for the retro joke character whose role in the video game industry proved vital (after all, the game came packaged together alongside Super Mario Bros. on NES). 25%

11.8-Bit Mario: There's evidence, during the amiibo segment of the Digital Event where he, Lucina, and Mr. Game & Watch were all shown together. What they all had in common was at the time, none of them were confirmed for Smash 4; we have since gotten teased further with G&W, and Lucina has joined the battle as well. Granted, there were a few characters on there like Isabelle and Tom Nook who were all disconfirmed long beforehand, so maybe this may apply with 8-Bit Mario as well? Regardless, 8-Bit Mario is the only character left on here who hasn't been confirmed or disconfirmed either way (and yes, Mario is there, too; so I'm not overlooking any obvious details, here). 20%

12.N: Really, the only valid reason I even have to add him as a potential newcomer is due to how coy Sakurai was in the potd revealing N's Castle as a stage. At the very least, I can safely expect him to make some sort of appearance on the 3DS version of the game, but in what role? I have no idea. I'd be very excited if N turns up to be a newcomer. I don't think he will be playable, but I'd be very surprised (pleasantly, of course) if I'm proven wrong. Less than 1%

I'll probably update both of these lists as time goes on. But for now, we'll just wait and see.
The Chances for Ice Climbers, 8-Bit Mario, Ridley, and especially Dark Pit are too high.

Ice Climbers are only confirmed to have been worked on. We don't know if Sakurai will be able to make it work. I have confidence he will, but I'll understand if it doesn't work. Ridley I think is still plausible, but to say he's 100% not going to be a boss is ridiculous. 8-Bit Mario and Dark Pit, and to a lesser extent Paper Mario and Ghirahim, your reasonings are not based on valid evidence, rather plain conjecture.

People need to stop grasping at straws. I bring up the point where a good amount of people thought Tom Nook would be playable because of his tie into the Villager's trailer. The trophy theory is pretty redundant (most people expected a character from FE:A and KI, now really), a Paper Mario stage was long overdue, the Amiibo "evidence" is absolutely ridiculous, and Palutena's trailer, in my opinion, holds no water as to ending with a cliffhanger. Almost all newcomer trailers end in something.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I don't want to hear another word about leaks! I just want the characters we get without a fuss!

To be on topic though, I'm thinking that Ganondorf will be revealed next week to tie in with the Hyrule Warriors direct, but I'm not 100% confident.
I'd be really thrilled to see Ganondorf revealed!

Either way, I think he's showing up in the Direct, as he was briefly teased in the HW trailer.

Oh, if only it were his trailer for Smash. That'd be pretty cool to see him.
If it has enough true evidence in the leak to believe it. And I think it's one of those real leaks unlike the other garbage.
You mean the other garbage that almost everyone still clung to whenever we heard about it?

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I'm still hoping for 2 of Layton, K Rool and Isaac.

If I get all 3 I won't have any problem with the roster, if I get 2 I'll be cool with it, if I get one I'll be a little sad but happy I got one, and if I don't get any I'll have to deal with it and appreciate the other newcomers.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Guys I heard from my uncle who works at Nintendo (who painted himself pink and blue LAST YEAR so he's legit) that Monita, Dark Link, and Grey Pit are the secret newcomers.
It's legit because he used the more internationally appropriate spelling of grey.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
It's legit because he used the more internationally appropriate spelling of grey.
Also as one of his secret taunts he reads the entire book shades of grey out loud. You can't stop it mid way, even if you turn off your system. You can only resume playing once he's finished the entire book.

D

Deleted member

It's funny how after Lucina's trailer every "leak" has a ton of clones, LOL.
I think the only new clone in the game is gonna be Lucina, and that's only because she was promoted from an alternate costume.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
I think the only new clone in the game is gonna be Lucina, and that's only because she was promoted from an alternate costume.
I understand, but I think it doesn't open to the door to more clones, exactly. Surely, Lucina wouldn't be the ONLY character alt. That said, I think Dixie Kong and Dark Pit are two others that could easily be playable under the same reasoning as Lucina. Of course, that's assuming they were planned alts, but #speculation.

In other news, #shamelessplug, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msycN5VPISk Just a channel launch with some friends and I where we intend to do countdowns and various gameplay. :p Check it out if you're interested :)

Morbi

Scavenger
The Chances for Ice Climbers, 8-Bit Mario, Ridley, and especially Dark Pit are too high.

Ice Climbers are only confirmed to have been worked on. We don't know if Sakurai will be able to make it work. I have confidence he will, but I'll understand if it doesn't work. Ridley I think is still plausible, but to say he's 100% not going to be a boss is ridiculous. 8-Bit Mario and Dark Pit, and to a lesser extent Paper Mario and Ghirahim, your reasonings are not based on valid evidence, rather plain conjecture.

People need to stop grasping at straws. I bring up the point where a good amount of people thought Tom Nook would be playable because of his tie into the Villager's trailer. The trophy theory is pretty redundant (most people expected a character from FE:A and KI, now really), a Paper Mario stage was long overdue, the Amiibo "evidence" is absolutely ridiculous, and Palutena's trailer, in my opinion, holds no water as to ending with a cliffhanger. Almost all newcomer trailers end in something.
Dark Pit's role is not based on "conjecture." It is based on objective fact, regardless, arbitrary ratings are subjective opinions anyways. I digress, he has empirical evidence that favors him quite extensively.

However, even though Lucina shares her physical stats and techniques with Marth, the characteristics of their attacks differ. When two such similar characters function in an even slightly different manner, I give them a separate spot on the roster since that will affect battle records and whatnot. In that sense, you could say she was very lucky to join the fray!

-Sakurai, the Director of Software Development of Sora Ltd., creative director of Super Smash Brothers.

(... unless he was mistaken because internet speculators believe that Dark Pit is literally a clone and therefore he is an alternate costume).

Ignore the highlights, I was having too much fun as the entire paragraph supports the argument.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Dark Pit's slim chances aside, what are some alt's people would be happy with?

There is constant discussion of Daisy being a poor choice as an alt for Peach; what if she were an alt for Rosalina, commanding... hmm... let's throw ideas out there!
-Princess Plum
-Goombas
-Bobombs
-Lumas Still
-Chorus Men
-Alfonzo
-Ridley

-Something in game of logic

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I understand, but I think it doesn't open to the door to more clones, exactly. Surely, Lucina wouldn't be the ONLY character alt. That said, I think Dixie Kong and Dark Pit are two others that could easily be playable under the same reasoning as Lucina. Of course, that's assuming they were planned alts, but #speculation.

In other news, #shamelessplug, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msycN5VPISk Just a channel launch with some friends and I where we intend to do countdowns and various gameplay. :p Check it out if you're interested :)
Well, I now know what that MK8 thing was for now. :laugh:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Dark Pit's role is not based on "conjecture." It is based on objective fact, regardless, arbitrary ratings are subjective opinions anyways. I digress, he has empirical evidence that favors him quite extensively.

-Sakurai, the Director of Software Development of Sora Ltd., creative director of Super Smash Brothers.

(... unless he was mistaken because internet speculators believe that Dark Pit is literally a clone and therefore he is an alternate costume).

Ignore the highlights, I was having too much fun as the entire paragraph supports the argument.
The guy said that Dark Pit is almost a shoo-in solely for the reason that he appears at the end of Palutena's trailer. Nothing more. He's just speculating, if he talked of how Lucina's appearance could make way for other clones, and then Dark Pit was a prime contender for a clone, I'd respect it and understand. ALL he said was "Palutena Trailer = Dark Pit Playable"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom