• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
The Wii could be a stage too. :p
Yes, from what I can recall he can summon violent tornadoes, able to summon monsters, and can shoot missiles and lasers from many parts of his body.
Sounds promising, though the trolling is what everyone talks about. Also sounds somewhat like things Ganondorf can do but doesn't because Falcondorf.

Though I see him as the third KI rep at best, which I think is pushing it until the series gets more games.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Suggesting peripherals and hardware is alright but that sort of discussion can easily become a continuous joke. Once is fine but try to move back to main topic. Posting suggestions just because is not suggested and will be considered spam.

Example:
"Virtual Boy would be a cool character."

"The GameCube should be included!"

"The mouse pad from Mario Paint"

"Rumble pak for Smash"

It quickly devolves from a legit suggestion to subpar to just spamming/joking once the ball starts rolling. We aren't trying to put a cap on fun. Quite the opposite. Just be mindful to keep on topic and try not to start chain jokes.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Sounds promising, though the trolling is what everyone talks about. Also sounds somewhat like things Ganondorf can do but doesn't because Falcondorf.

Though I see him as the third KI rep at best, which I think is pushing it until the series gets more games.
Yeah, Hades has a trollish behavior, so he does use surprises in his disposal. That's what would make him a very entertaining character to play as in Smash.

?????????????

Smash Master
While I think Hades would be a great playable character, I think he could also be an amazing boss, something in the vein of Galactus from MvC3. What would be awesome is if he had "character specific taunts," different dialogue between Pit, Samus, Link, Little Mac, etc., that personally pokes fun at that character.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I see a character with a Virtual Boy for a head, a super scope and wii zapper for one arm leading to an NES zapper for a hand. Wii motes and nunchucks with snes controls making the other arm with a power glove for a hand. An n64 for a chest, a SNES for abs, and gamecube for a crotch plate. Legs made from gameboys, game boy advances, 3ds's with circle pad pros. And the feet can be an NES power pad.

Now I'm playing with power.

Don't talk about playable consoles. Psssh, everything is playable if I follow Mario's advice and have enough mushrooms.

CoryCory

Smash Rookie
If this was the final lineup (Bottom 5 being longshots or if they can push it to 50) I'd be on board with this. Hell, I'd be happy if Ness and Game & Watch make it back.

- Zelda and Samus have their respective transformations
- Robin, Villager, Mii and WFT can go male/female for the sake of customization
- Mewtwo would go Mega X or Y for Final Smash at random.
- Yarn Yoshi is just thinking out of of the box since Yoshi has yet to be revealed. If that was the case, why not Yarn Kirby too? They'd both play significantly different from their original incarnations (In Yoshi's case assuming that he plays different from a normal Yoshi in the game. Also, promotional tool.)

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Mii seems like the way to go instead of an actual console. The Mii represents Nintendo's new (and successful) direction in further involving the player and immersing him or her in an online community.

Mii represents the player (as well as the highly profitable games Mii starred in).

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Hmm. What if the Mii's used things like the Virtual Boy and Power Glove as weapons and attacks? Since the Mii's are essentially supposed to represent us, the players, and what do we do? We play Nintendo.

I think I'd actually prefer the Mii's if they used Nintendo peripherals in combat(bar R.O.B obviously) opposed to using a bunch of random sports equipment.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Mii is the player that has been loyal to Nintendo, Mii is the player that works out with a Nintendo console, Mii is the player that bowls with friends. Mii is the player. There is an All-Star right there.

And to ignore the sappy stuff for a minute, Mii games are highly successful. Mii's are recognizable. Mii is now almost as much as an icon for Nintendo as Mario.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Mii is the player that has been loyal to Nintendo, Mii is the player that works out with a Nintendo console, Mii is the player that bowls with friends. Mii is the player. There is an All-Star right there.

And to ignore the sappy stuff for a minute, Mii games are highly successful. Mii's are recognizable. Mii is now almost as much as an icon for Nintendo as Mario.
Exactly, Miis are the players, they're not characters. What if Smashboards had a fighting game and your avatar was a playable character? It would be silly. They are basically IDs for the players.

And the things Miis are successful for aren't successful for the Miis. Wii Sports introduced motion controls, Wii Fit had, well, Wii Fit.
Streetpass had StreetPass.

pikachugamer21

Smash Journeyman
If this was the final lineup (Bottom 5 being longshots or if they can push it to 50) I'd be on board with this. Hell, I'd be happy if Ness and Game & Watch make it back.

- Zelda and Samus have their respective transformations
- Robin, Villager, Mii and WFT can go male/female for the sake of customization
- Mewtwo would go Mega X or Y for Final Smash at random.
- Yarn Yoshi is just thinking out of of the box since Yoshi has yet to be revealed. If that was the case, why not Yarn Kirby too? They'd both play significantly different from their original incarnations (In Yoshi's case assuming that he plays different from a normal Yoshi in the game. Also, promotional tool.)

neat roster although I don't see the Yarn characters getting into this game

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Actually, people do tend to like themselves. People like designing their Mii avatars. I do not think that you can claim that the Mii avatar did not affect the sale of their games in a positive manner.

Staarih

Smash Master
The only thing I dislike about the Mii being playable, like many others I presume, is their custom looks, especially the obscure ones. People have brought up how weird and just awful it would be to battle against Jesus or something, and I totally agree. I do see potential in Mii's moveset, taking elements from the sports games and whatnot and THAT could be cool in a way, it's just the whole avatar aspect of them that I'm not too fond of.

If they were to have nice and original set/default looks and only them for us to use, then I guess it would be better for me personally,, but that would work against the main idea of Mii's, which is customization...

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Actually, people do tend to like themselves. People like designing their Mii avatars. I do not think that you can claim that the Mii avatar did not affect the sale of their games in a positive manner.
I never stated that it wasn't a factor, but putting your own face in a game certainly doesn't make or break it for you, does it?
And if you could put your face in Smash Bros, with a good moveset no less, would you ever not use it? No, you would use your own image against all the other unique Nintendo champions that worked so hard to get in the game.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I am simply arguing that Mii's are Nintendo All-Stars. I think their sales and popularity are testaments to that.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
How bout use the customization features as attacks? Resizing yourself could be an Up Smash and changing your mouth to big lips as a jab. :p
Sorta how like Sackboy does his moveset in PSA.

Dairz

Smash Ace
If Mii was in the game, and had a sports moveset, all the Daisy fans could finally have DaisMii in the game. Also, image beating Classic as Mii and the pic you get is Sakurai's Mii chilling on some stage. Hmm, I'm starting to like Mii. Sure, there would be Jesus Miis or whatever, but lets face it, that comes with everything involving Miis.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Why does everyone keep forgetting a certain someone when bringing up the Mii? You guys know Villager represents the player already right?

power glove for a hand.
Now I'm imagining the Power Glove as an item, but I have no idea what it would actually do. Or how someone like Kirby would wear it.

pikachugamer21

Smash Journeyman

Mii is iconic but it has a long way to go before it's at Mario's level

Dairz

Smash Ace
Why does everyone keep forgetting a certain someone when bringing up the Mii? You guys know Villager represents the player already right?
Thats not the same, Mii is actually you. VIllager represents the player, in a way, but the same can be said for Link because in Zelda games you choose your name.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Hey, btw when you guys were talking about the Virtual Boy as a character I made this guy.

Virtual Droid sml.jpg

Introducing Virtual Droid.
He takes his moveset from various Virtual Boy games, like Harry's gloves.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Miis are the new S-tier stars for Nintendo.

I'd put them up on par with Mario and Pokemon.

AHEAD of Zelda.

They're incredibly important, very popular (just not here) and will show up. I'm convinced of that.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
While I agree they are iconic, I feel as if Mii didn't earn anything. They were just kinda shoved down our throats to the point where we grew to expect them to be a household name.

pikachugamer21

Smash Journeyman
Not necessarily. Don't Mii's beat Mario in overall sales? And they are the face of two consoles.
hmmm you make a convincing point but don't forget as nintendos official mascot Mario is the face of like every nintendo system ever mii may not be the most iconic nintendo character but it is a close second

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I feel perhaps a little foolish that despite there being a boxing ring stage and a popular cry for Little Mac, I thought he was not going to get in. (Plus the additional Leaky Three rumor).

So now I am looking at the clues:
*One heavily featured Mii/ Pilotwing Stage (Wushu Island)
*Another possible stage or adventure mode area with a boss from a Mii game
*Reggie joking that he will be in the game
*Mii's being well-known characters with astoundingly successful games
*The Leaky Three rumor

These all kinda add up to: Mii's are playable characters.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Thats not the same, Mii is actually you. VIllager represents the player, in a way, but the same can be said for Link because in Zelda games you choose your name.
It's exactly the same. Link has a set character, despite the ability to name him, he's still Link. Miis and Villager are both completely blank slates, they are both customize-able, nameable, etc. Miis and the Villager are literally the same thing, Miis just have a more accessible customization, while Villager has a better one.

Miis are the new S-tier stars for Nintendo.

I'd put them up on par with Mario and Pokemon.

AHEAD of Zelda.

They're incredibly important, very popular (just not here) and will show up. I'm convinced of that.
Really now? You think they are more iconic and popular than Link?

Well known =/= iconic or popular. Link has been around for far longer while Miis are only things that Nintendo shoved onto the Wii, then 3DS, then the Wii U. That's like calling Windows 8 popular, iconic, and important. It comes included with newer computers, you're forced to use it, but nobody likes it besides the rare few. I don't get how you think they're important either, they never even did anything, like I said, they just come with the thing and don't actually do anything worthwhile.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Not necessarily. Don't Mii's beat Mario in overall sales? And they are the face of two consoles.
Lol. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_game_franchises

*The Leaky Three rumor
AAAAAGGGHHH

While I agree they are iconic, I feel as if Mii didn't earn anything. They were just kinda shoved down our throats to the point where we grew to expect them to be a household name.
Yeah, I feel that way too.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Mii's did earn their popularity. Mii, along with online capacities for everyone, motion control, and Wii motes created a new experience for players. Nintendo tapped into markets other consoles could not. This was an innovative idea that bounced Nintendo back after the less than stellar Gamecube. Their games are crazy successful. And they are the face of that success.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Mii's did earn their popularity. Mii, along with online capacities for everyone, motion control, and Wii motes created a new experience for players. Nintendo tapped into markets other consoles could not. This was an innovative idea that bounced Nintendo back after the less than stellar Gamecube. Their games are crazy successful. And they are the face of that success.
They aren't the face of anything except StreetPass and my Nintendo ID. They're what I use to greet and play with people online. They're not fit for Smash Bros.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I feel perhaps a little foolish that despite there being a boxing ring stage and a popular cry for Little Mac, I thought he was not going to get in. (Plus the additional Leaky Three rumor).

*The Leaky Three rumor

Sure wish we could get the Wandering Heroes... we have the Find Mii stage... but the Miis are cool and all... would love to see how crazy random Sakurai makes the Mii's moveset/playstyle to be... :)

And of course, Pac-Man. :awesome:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Mii is the face of Wii Sports games as well as the face of Nintendo's online capacity, StreetPass, and your Nintendo ID. Look at the list you posted of Nintendo sales. You can see that the Mii sales are impressive.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Guys, take into consideration, yes, Wii Sports sold crazy good. But it was bundled with the Wii. They could have taken any game, good or not, and bundled it with the Wii, it would have sold just as well because the Wii itself sold like hotcakes. It's common sense.

Mii is the face of Wii Sports games as well as the face of Nintendo's online capacity, StreetPass, and your Nintendo ID. Look at the list you posted of Nintendo sales. You can see that the Mii sales are impressive.
See what I said above in regards to the sales.

Miis aren't the face of Wii Sports, the sports are, people never bought any games with Miis in them because Miis were in them, they bought them because of what the games were. That's like saying the average shmuck buys CoD because of the generic soldier on the box, and not because they love shooting anything that moves and cursing people out over mics.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Guys, take into consideration, yes, Wii Sports sold crazy good. But it was bundled with the Wii. They could have taken any game, good or not, and bundled it with the Wii, it would have sold just as well because the Wii itself sold like hotcakes. It's common sense.
This. People shouldn't use Wii Sport's success as the basis for the pro-Mii argument. Also, putting the bundle thing aside, Wii Sports was the first demonstration of motion controls, and it did them extremely well. Of course people played it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom