• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
Here's what I think will happen with the Smash Roster:

Wii U CSS

Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Rosalina, Yoshi, Wario, Chorus, G&W, ROB, 8-Bit Mario, K. Rool, Diddy Kong, Donkey Kong
Samus, Zamus, Ridley, Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Sheik, Toon Link, Ghirahim, Villager, Ice Climber, Dark Pit, Palutena, Pit
Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede, Fox, Falco, Wolf, Captain Falcon, Ness, Shulk, Marth, Ike, Robin, Lucina, Greninja
Pikachu, Charizard, Lucario, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Olimar, Little Mac, Wii Fit Trainer, Mega Man, Sonic, Pac-Man, Mii/Random

14x4 with the bottom row with 12.

3DS CSS

Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Rosalina & Luma, Yoshi, King K. Rool, Diddy Kong, Donkey Kong
Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Sheik, Toon Link, Ghirahim, Ridley, Zero Suit Samus, Samus
Pit, Palutena, Dark Pit, Shulk, Ness, Robin, Lucina, Ike, Marth
Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede, Little Mac, Ice Climbers, Fox, Falco, Wolf, Captain Falcon
Pikachu, Charizard, Greninja, Lucario, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Olimar, Villager, Wii Fit Trainer
Wario, Chorus Kids, Mr. Game & Watch, R.O.B., 8-Bit Mario, Mega Man, Sonic, Pac-Man, Mii Fighter/Random

9x6 no scrolling.

Starters: Mario, Peach, Bowser, Rosalina & Luma, Yoshi, Diddy Kong, Donkey Kong, Link, Zelda, Sheik, Zero Suit Samus, Samus, Pit, Palutena, Shulk, Ness, Robin, Ike, Marth, Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede, Little Mac, Ice Climbers, Fox, Captain Falcon, Pikachu, Charizard, Greninja, Lucario, Olimar, Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Wario, Chorus Kids, Mii Fighters/Random

Unlockables: Luigi, King K. Rool, Ganondorf, Toon Link, Ghirahim, Ridley, Dark Pit, Lucina, Meta Knight, Wolf, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Mr. Game & Watch, R.O.B., 8-Bit Mario, Mega Man, Sonic, Pac-Man

Promotion to Starter: Ness, Marth, Falco, Captain Falcon, Lucario
Demotion to Secret character: Meta Knight

Four more trailers (the first two will confirm secret characters prematurely):

1. August Direct: Will confirm Shulk, Ness, and Falco together.
2. Pre-Launch: Will confirm Chorus Kids, Wario, and Ice Climbers.
3. October Direct: A villains trailer. Will reveal eight characters: King K. Rool, Ganondorf, Ghirahim, Ridley, Dark Pit, Meta Knight, Wolf, and Mewtwo. Starts off Direct.
4. Joke Trailer: We reveal Jigglypuff, Mr. Game & Watch, ROB, and 8-Bit Mario. Closes Direct.
Rosalina, Robin, Marth, Palutena, and Greninja should be unlockables as well. 8-bit Mario....I like the idea.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
How is that logic flawed? If Sakurai was planning to reveal all characters before hand Game and Watch would be confirmed by now. The fact that he hasn't been tells me that some characters will indeed be kept a secret until release. If we go by what happened in Brawl we can expect at least 4 hidden newcomers.
It's flawed because G&W is an established veteran, rather than a newcomer. We already know he will be in, but there is no reason for his character page to currently be up. Sakurai has mentioned icies and captain falcon before they had character pages as well, but that doesn't mean we'll get secret newcomers.
I've stated multiple times why secret newcomers will not happen this time around. We will have knowledge of all newcomers by the time the game is released.

Last edited:

Xenorange

Smash Lord
It's flawed because G&W is an established veteran, rather than a newcomer. We already know he will be in, but there is no reason for his character page to currently be up. Sakurai has mentioned icies and captain falcon before they had character pages as well, but that doesn't mean we'll get secret newcomers.
I've stated multiple times why secret newcomers will not happen this time around.
Unless Sakurai flat out says there will be no hidden newcomers then we're getting them. We've always had hidden newcomers and that isn't going to change. I'm willing to put money on it.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Unless Sakurai flat out says there will be no hidden newcomers then we're getting them. We've always had hidden newcomers and that isn't going to change. I'm willing to put money on it.
Plenty of things change from game to game, I have shown the factor of hidden characters is subject to change and you're in for a surprise if you refuse to accept this.

Also, melee had all characters revealed before release, so this is hardly a foreign concept.

Last edited:

epicgordan

Smash Ace
Rosalina, Robin, Marth, Palutena, and Greninja should be unlockables as well. 8-bit Mario....I like the idea.
Marth and Greninja were already in the demo, and if Jigglypuff and Mewtwo are coming back, then Greninja will be a starter. I am also convinced that only clones (Toon Link, Lucina), third party characters (Mega Man, Sonic, and Pac-Man), and stated unlockables (Luigi) will be hidden. If we are getting Dark Pit, then Palutena's a starter. Given how early Rosalina was revealed, and nothing about her unlockable status was mentioned, I doubt she's hidden--especially if Luigi and my theorized 8-Bit Mario idea holds any bearings. Robin's a solid maybe, but doubtful; Sakurai has made only loose exceptions so far when it comes to revealing hidden characters, which is why the only ones made known so far that I listed are Mega Man, Luigi, Toon Link, Sonic, Pac-Man, and Lucina.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
Marth and Greninja were already in the demo, and if Jigglypuff and Mewtwo are coming back, then Greninja will be a starter. I am also convinced that only clones (Toon Link, Lucina), third party characters (Mega Man, Sonic, and Pac-Man), and stated unlockables (Luigi) will be hidden. If we are getting Dark Pit, then Palutena's a starter. Given how early Rosalina was revealed, and nothing about her unlockable status was mentioned, I doubt she's hidden--especially if Luigi and my theorized 8-Bit Mario idea holds any bearings. Robin's a solid maybe, but doubtful; Sakurai has made only loose exceptions so far when it comes to revealing hidden characters, which is why the only ones made known so far that I listed are Mega Man, Luigi, Toon Link, Sonic, Pac-Man, and Lucina.
It doesn't matter if they were in the demo or not.....right?

Could it be possible that unlockable and starter characters will differ between both versions?

Last edited by a moderator:

Xenorange

Smash Lord
Plenty of things change from game to game, I have shown the factor of hidden characters is subject to change and you're in for a surprise if you refuse to accept this.

Also, melee had all characters revealed before release, so this is hardly a foreign concept.
Yes but Melee isn't the most recent iteration of Smash now is it? The fact that we already have a hidden character shows us that hidden characters WILL in fact be present in this game. It's logical to assume that some new content will remain hidden until release, and yes this hidden content will in fact provide me with surprises.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Yes but Melee isn't the most recent iteration of Smash now is it? The fact that we already have a hidden character shows us that hidden characters WILL in fact be present in this game. It's logical to assume that some new content will remain hidden until release, and yes this hidden content will in fact provide me with surprises.
We will have hidden characters, but not hidden newcomers. Newcomers have a trailer, and there will not be unlockable trailers, it's simple. We have few trailers and as an extension, few newcomers left to see.

Any new content hidden will be content about everything but the characters themselves. We will know all newcomers, but not all of their customizable moves, stages, trophies, etc etc.

Last edited:

Xenorange

Smash Lord
We will have hidden characters, but not hidden newcomers. Newcomers have a trailer, and there will not be unlockable trailers, it's simple. We have few trailers and as an extension, few newcomers left to see.

Any new content hidden will be content about everything but the characters themselves. We will know all newcomers, but not all of their customizable moves, stages, trophies, etc etc.
I disagree and doubt what you're saying is true. We'll see when the game releases and I don't see myself being wrong about this. Trailers were probably only made for the characters Sakurai intended to announce beforehand. There is no evidence pointing to a lack of hidden newcomers. So I'm expecting them. If we don't get any, I'll gladly write you an essay about how wrong and stupid I am, but that won't happen.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
I disagree and doubt what you're saying is true. We'll see when the game releases and I don't see myself being wrong about this. Trailers were probably only made for the characters Sakurai intended to announce beforehand. There is no evidence pointing to a lack of hidden newcomers. So I'm expecting them. If we don't get any, I'll gladly write you an essay about how wrong and stupid I am, but that won't happen.
I agree. Hidden Newcomers simply won't have a trailer.

D

Deleted member

I would hate to do this, but it is "per se." I apologize, that is the one misspelling that incites me to correct someone. As per the topic, I do agree that a Rhythm Heaven character is nearly definite. However, I cannot assert that it is objectively definite as the only indication of such is the enemy in the 3DS exclusive game-mode. It is not enough for me to consider it an absolute. But realistically, it is going to happen.
Nah, don't apologize. I knew it seemed off, though I didn't know how to type it correctly, so thanks for the correction.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master

New prediction roster after the reveal, I'm slowly turning back to Marshal due to a certain Garfield leak.
55 characters total if you count all the Mii classes.
I wouldn't expect that many clone characters after Sakurai saying this. "Of course, it would be really easy to make a game by churning out a ton of similar characters, but that's not how I produce games."

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Sakurai expressed a desire to make similar videos for all subsequent new characters.

"What we decided this time around, we're just going to have [those movies unlocked] from the beginning,"

I've showed you that Sakurai both plans on all characters having trailers, and having all trailers available from the get go. All newcomers will appear in a trailer, and said trailer can be viewed the second you start up smash.
That is evidence against hidden newcomers.

An essay isn't necessary. you aren't stupid.

I agree. Hidden Newcomers simply won't have a trailer.
I've already covered this. A year ago Sakurai planned on trailers for all newcomers. The only reason this won't happen is if his plans go awry.
It's not that much, 5 new clones is not that farfetched IMO.
no :drmario:that's :falcomelee:way:ganondorfmelee: too :roymelee:much:younglinkmelee:

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I've altered the format of my last updated roster so that it's now only 4 slots tall, instead of 6. This would basically reference Super Smash Bros. Brawl's roster format, to an extent.

No changes since my last roster update, except for that I merged the three Mii fighter types into one slot (depicted by the Mii logo).

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Impa needs to appear on more rosters. If not all. Matter of fact, put her on the offical roster. Yes, that will do.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I'm actually starting to open up to the idea of a playable Impa. Sure I have my other Zelda newcomers that I'd like to see first, but Impa wouldn't be a bad choice. . . As long as it's not this Impa:

. . . This is bad too:
*barfs*

D

Deleted member

Please ignore Jynxlax. Replace him with Bandana Dee or whatever. Or just get rid of him. The bottom is DLC. Also ignore Fred Rechid.
Fred should be on every roster. Not even kidding.

Speaking of rosters.....I thought we had a thread for Rosters.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
I LOVE SS Impa's design, both as an old lady and as a young woman.
EDIT:

Last edited:

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
I'm actually starting to open up to the idea of a playable Impa. Sure I have my other Zelda newcomers that I'd like to see first, but Impa wouldn't be a bad choice. . . As long as it's not this Impa:

. . . This is bad too:
*barfs*
Awkward...those are the only Impa's I'm hoping for. If she gets in it will be HW, but I'm hoping its not.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Skyward Sword or Hyrule Warriors Impa is most likely to happen. Am mostly excited for Hyrule Warriors Impa because of her playstyle. It looks so ****ing badass, she'd be my co-main togheter with Diddy on Day 1.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
It's not that much, 5 new clones is not that farfetched IMO.
The thing is the way he talked about Lucina potentially being an alternate costume, but then becoming her own character instead, he made it sound like she was a special case, being very lucky to become her own character, and with Sakurai making characters as alternate costumes I don't see why he would make Dark Pit and Dr. Mario there own characters rather then alternate costumes. Also Dr. Mario getting in over Wolf is weird, Dr. Mario had no reason to get in over Wolf back then and he doesn't have a reason now.

TylerBlackRunIt

I'm from YouTube
3DS FC
2509-3601-8302
I've altered the format of my last updated roster so that it's now only 4 slots tall, instead of 6. This would basically reference Super Smash Bros. Brawl's roster format, to an extent.

No changes since my last roster update, except for that I merged the three Mii fighter types into one slot (depicted by the Mii logo).
I would replace Bowser Jr with Impa.... :4greninja:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I don't understand why people think Bandana Dee is so far fetched.

Facts:
  • Bandana Dee is by far the most likely character if Sakurai decided he wants a 4th Kirby Rep.
  • We have not seen a hint of Bandana Dee anywhere in Smash.
  • King Dedede doesn't throw Waddle Dees anymore, and we don't know his Final Smash.
  • Anniversaries that relate to Kirby and Sakurai are coming next month.
  • Bandana Dee has a big role in the 2015 Kirby Game.
  • Kirby Fighters Z hasn't been announced in America yet. (Could be announced alongside Bandana Dee)
  • No Meta Knight, possible trailer with Bandana Dee.
  • No Wii U Kirby stage, could be shown with Bandana Dee's reveal.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
The thing is the way he talked about Lucina potentially being an alternate costume, but then becoming her own character instead, he made it sound like she was a special case, being very lucky to become her own character, and with Sakurai making characters as alternate costumes I don't see why he would make Dark Pit and Dr. Mario there own characters rather then alternate costumes. Also Dr. Mario getting in over Wolf is weird, Dr. Mario had no reason to get in over Wolf back then and he doesn't have a reason now.
Wouldn't that help Dark Pit's case at being playable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom