• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Do you guys want Lucina to be her OWN character, and take up a roster slot, or to be just a skin for Marth? I honestly don't know... if Lucina is a clone, I think I might want her as a skin, because I wouldn't want her to take up roster space. Plus, if she is a clone and has a roster spot.... then FREAKING Dark Pit may become his own character. However, if she proves to be more unique than Marth and more of a semiclone, I'd want her as a roster spot. Thoughts?
Her own character, mostly because of how much I love her. I bet that she'll be somewhat unique from Marth though.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Those claiming the leak is "outdated info":

What do you have to say about the fact that the "leaker" stated Shulk was a guarantee for today's reveal?
Well, if he actually knows anything, he likely had access to the game early on, but no longer does. So my answer to this would be: because he does not have, and has never had, any idea when characters are being released. He just puts lists of characters he knows where under development out and wishes for the best.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
To me Gematsu is not debunked. I remember a leak in pre-pokemon X&Y era, known as Pokebeach's leak.

The leaker said the name of many pokemon as Malamar (he called it Maremar if I remember well), Pangoro, Ikay, Espurr and Meostick. He revealed the name of Sycamore, the presence of Kanto starters, the Fairy type, and other things. Obviously, he had some relation to the marketing of the game.

But he also gave us some wrong information, as the final type of the starters (he said Greninja would be Water/Fight and Chesnaught would be Grass/Dark) and the presence of a second professor, called Patrice, that we know that does not exist.

The leak was proven real but things got changed and some information was put to confuse Masuda's crew.

What happened here is that some people strongly believed the leak saying we are going to get only the characters in the leak. I believe the leak now as I believed the leak before. Not entirely, I don't know what's real and what's not, but I aways know we are going to get more. This things happens when the issue is a in development game. Anything can change! :troll:

The guy revealed Wii Fit Trainer, he has some merits! XD

Last edited:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
To Gematsu is not debunked. I remember a leak in pre-pokemon X&Y era, known as Pokebeach's leak.

The leaker said the name of many pokemon as Malamar (he called it Maremar if I remember well), Pangoro, Ikay, Espurr and Meostick. He revealed the name of Sycamore, the presence of Kanto starters, and other things. Obviously, he had some relation to the marketing of the game.

But he also gave us some wrong information, as the final type of the starters (he said Greninja would be Water/Fight and Chesnaught would be Grass/Dark) and the presence of a second professor, called Patrice, that we know that does not exist.

The leak was proven real but things got changed and some information was put to confuse Masuda's crew.

What happened here is that some people strongly believed the leak saying we are going to get only the characters in the leak. I believe the leak now as I believed the leak before. Not entirely, I don't know what's real and what's not, but I aways know we are going to get more. This things happens when the issue is a in development game. Anything can change! :troll:
Right! I forgot about Pokebeach! Yeah, I agree with that sentiment.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
The only reason I think Lucina is gonna be on the same sot as marth is the taunt at the end of the video, where she touches her forhead or whatever that is, that's a marth taunt. Clones with their own spot have always at least had unique taunts,

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
To Gematsu is not debunked. I remember a leak in pre-pokemon X&Y era, known as Pokebeach's leak.

The leaker said the name of many pokemon as Malamar (he called it Maremar if I remember well), Pangoro, Ikay, Espurr and Meostick. He revealed the name of Sycamore, the presence of Kanto starters, and other things. Obviously, he had some relation to the marketing of the game.

Thank you. Perfect example.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
The only reason I think Lucina is gonna be on the same sot as marth is the taunt at the end of the video, where she touches her forhead or whatever that is, that's a marth taunt. Clones with their own spot have always at least had unique taunts,
Separate squares on the website = Separate slots on the roster

sorry bub

Dustination

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dustination
3DS FC
5215-1019-9015
Guys, I believe Ike has BLUE FLAMES now! In the trailer, it looked like it!
Noticed this too, really exciting.

Plans change, however.

Characters are cut. Last minute additions are made.
He was probably playable until Captain Falcon beat his ass so hard they had to cut him

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

sorry bub
If that's the case, then I think that would make Lucina our first complete clone on the roster. It looks like she borrows everything from Marth.

Well, at the very least, she obviously didn't take much development time.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I still believe in the chrous kids.

As a person who still believe in the leak, (even with confirmation it has outdated info), I see no reason to change chrous kids to any other Rhythm heaven rep.

I still like the Chrous Kids, and I believe they will still be in the game. Unlike Chrom, who was most likely changed because Robin was superior with moveset potential, the chrous kids are just oozing with potential. I don't see why Sakurai would just change his mind even for a so-called "better representative."

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
To me Gematsu is not debunked. I remember a leak in pre-pokemon X&Y era, known as Pokebeach's leak.

The guy revealed Wii Fit Trainer, he has some merits! XD
Also in Street Fighter x Tekken, 12 characters that were supposed to be in the main roster from a leak weren't at all, until every single one of them were revealed for DLC which would be available once the Vita version releases, except for one character.

That one character, Leo, didn't get in. Lei did however, and it turned out the leaker confused the two because of the name. Another thing was that Mega Man and Pac Man were supposed to be in all versiom before they were revealed, but ended exclusive to Sony platforms. This, the vita thing and the Sony characters that got in means that Sony moneyhatted the crap out of the game.

Stuff like this happen during development. Leakers make mistakes, but that doesn't necessarily mean they were wrong.

As an aside, Leo was who I wanted to see the most. Heh

Last edited:

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero

sorry bub
I know that she's got a separate spot on the website, but do we know that equates to slots on the roster screen or is that something we kind of just assume because it makes sense? I like the panda/kuma idea (they had separate endings in 6 iirc)

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
If that's the case, then I think that would make Lucina our first complete clone on the roster. It looks like she borrows everything from Marth.

It kind of seems like Sakurai's way of going around the whole "No characters as alts" thing.

I'll wait for more footage/staments before labeling her as a complete clone, though.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859

We've seen a similar up air, neutral air, side B, and up B.

That's a little different than everything

still very clone-y, I agree.

I know that she's got a separate spot on the website, but do we know that equates to slots on the roster screen or is that something we kind of just assume because it makes sense? I like the panda/kuma idea (they had separate endings in 6 iirc)
I don't see any pandas on this roster. Definitely separate slots.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
We've seen a similar up air, neutral air, side B, and up B.

That's a little different than everything

still very clone-y, I agree.
We've also seen practically identical idle stances and movements.

Yeah, I suppose that isn't everything, but sharing something as basic as an idle stance is something that I don't think any clone has done before (except for maybe Dr. Mario).

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
We've also seen practically identical idle stances and movements.

Yeah, I suppose that isn't everything, but sharing something as basic as an idle stance is something that I don't think any clone has done before (except for maybe Dr. Mario).
I haven't seen enough to be convinced. There are definitely some poses she has in her 10 pics that look unique, at the very least.

Plus we don't really know how custom moves will work.

I wouldn't raise my donger pitchfork quite yet.

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
Wow, guys. Thirty-six characters revealed before the game even comes out.

That's pretty exciting.

*ahem*

Last edited:

Andinus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyonyuudaisuki
Put a cork in it.

Rhythm Heaven is deserving of a representative, and Chorus Kids are a great choice.
Umm no, so many other franchises that should come before them.. They are deserving if we end up with a 55 character roster, which I still say ain't happening. 50 max..

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Umm no, so many other franchises that should come before them.. They are deserving if we end up with a 55 character roster, which I still say ain't happening. 50 max..
What franchises?

Xenoblade? Golden Sun?

That's pretty much it. Rhythm Heaven is very popular, especially in Japan.

DivinexRose

Smash Cadet
Man, not even on August yet and already the roster's come so far. I have to thank Robin and Lucina for making me feel excited for the game again.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
What franchises?

Xenoblade? Golden Sun?

That's pretty much it. Rhythm Heaven is very popular, especially in Japan.
Custom Robo Joy Mech Fight Excitabike ;(

edit: I realize I got the context of this quote wrong - thought you were saying the roster didn't need to be big because there were no more deserving franchises. was not trying to rank franchise importance

Yeah, it really is something. The power of not working on a pointless adventure mode.
this times like forty billion please

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Well, then that means Lucina may have just broken the record for how similar to another character a clone can be.

I still think it's possible she's a really elaborate alternate costume.
I would agree with you if it weren't for the whole separate slot on the website dealy.

In fact, I think it would be really awesome if they would treat alt costumes like newcomers, for cases like doc/young link/whatever. But Chrom is a Final Smash, Shadow and Dark Samus are assist trophies, and nobody likes Dark Pit.

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
You know we already have a staff wielder on the roster, right?
Who blends that with magic. That's more of a semi-staff wielder. Did you know we have 7+ swordsman? If we can get a group of that proportion, then I see know harm in a second staff wielder, especially one who could use it more in the moveset.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I think Lucina will be very Roy-like.
Basically taking the attributes that made Roy unique to differentiate from Marth.

But that leads me to this thought: Why not bring back Roy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom