• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hong

The Strongest
Hooray! 1000 pages! Anyway, What would you guys see as the worst reveal for tomorrow?
A. Three more Mii classes
B. Style Savyist
C. A Ridley deconfirmation
D. The gematsu leak deconfirmed, along with every character on it
This should be fun :)
Savvy Stylist... worst reveal?

Why give us four options based around your own opinion?

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
Hooray! 1000 pages! Anyway, What would you guys see as the worst reveal for tomorrow?
B. Style Savyist
How's B bad, that would be awesome. Is D even possible? My dread is the unveiling of a veteran as a 'newcomer' because they got a complete overhaul.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
B. Style Savyist
Implying the Gematsu leak being "deconfirmed" is a bad thing.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
B. Style Savyist
I'd want D to end up being revealed. I mean, it looks like we're going to get Shulk regardless, so de-confirming the leak at this point would just get rid of the characters I don't care for.

Though if we have to choose the worst option, I'd have to go with C. That would hurt.

Hong

The Strongest
If they don't have anything good planned for Chrom, don't add him at all.

I love Fire Emblem and all, but every character is time and money. Marth and Ike, especially with those sexy new designs, is more than enough for me. If you are going to spend the time and money to make a new character, don't just do it to fill an arbitrary quota. Do it because you have something cool and original in your head that can make it a better game.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

I love Fire Emblem and all, but every character is time and money. Marth and Ike, especially with those sexy new designs, is more than enough for me. If you are going to spend the time and money to make a new character, don't just do it to fill an arbitrary quota. Do it because you have something cool and original in your head that can make it a better game.
Pretty much my opinion.

Although that doesn't stop me from wanting Lucina. :facepalm: It just stops me from fully wanting her instead of Robin who is almost guaranteed to bring something new.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Or be horribly disappointed by how he's unoriginal and boring.

Could go either way.
Possible, but for what it's worth, all of the newcomers so far have been completely original. There isn't anything about Chrom that would force him to be a cloneish character (although if he's in I'm still expecting some similar moves like a chargeable special and counter. Those are basically a staple for Fire Emblem characters at this point :V).
Wouldn't we all?
I'm content with it, but to be honest I was content with the roster the moment Mega Man appeared.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Pretty much my opinion.

Although that doesn't stop me from wanting Lucina. :facepalm: It just stops me from fully wanting her instead of Robin who is almost guaranteed to bring something new.
I know the feel.

I want Lucina just because I like Lucina, even though she's a literal Marth cosplay.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I would think that Amiibos would be a good idea for the DLC. But there's the problem of limited quantity. Some won't be able to get the character because they weren't quick enough. Also, say I let my kid play Smash 4 one day, he wouldn't ever be able to get the rest of the characters.

I could see releasing the character on on digital and amiibo. The Amiibo would be normal price but you get a download code for the character for free. That could be a good idea if people like collecting the Amiibos and getting all the characters.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

I have a hard time imaging Sakurai looking at Chrom and thinking "hey, I think there's some great stuff I could do with this character if he was in Smash." Rather, I think Sakurai would add Chrom to the roster, and then have to try and figure out how he could be unique.

Possible, but for what it's worth, all of the newcomers so far have been completely original. There isn't anything about Chrom that would force him to be a cloneish character (although if he's in I'm still expecting some similar moves like a chargeable special and counter. Those are basically a staple for Fire Emblem characters at this point :V).
I hate to be a downer, but just because everyone we've seen so far has been unique does not necessarily mean they all will be.

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
I have a hard time imaging Sakurai looking at Chrom and thinking "hey, I think there's some great stuff I could do with this character if he was in Smash." Rather, I think Sakurai would add Chrom to the roster, and then have to try and figure out how he could be unique.
It may be a la Ike where the role comes before the character leading to a square peg round hole situation that ends okayish.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
I hate to be a downer, but just because everyone we've seen so far has been unique does not necessarily mean they all will be.
I pretty much acknowledged that upfront. It's possible that he won't be completely unique but again, he doesn't need to be a clone.

So if it's a Gematsu character tomorrow (again, Shulk) I'm curious to see how the community is going to feel. There's a lot of tension already between the believers and the remaining hold-outs.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Maybe Chrom will be revealed as a starter, too.
At this point, I doubt it.

It appears Ike and Marth are starters, and I don't think Chrom is worth showing off in a pre-release trailer.
That's just me, though. Unless the newcomer is really hype-able or has something unique they're adding to the gameplay, I don't think they'll promote them in a pre-release trailer.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I love Chrom. He's one of the characters I'm most excited for. He has a lot of potential to be unique, plus, for a FE character, he actually has a lot of personality.

Hong

The Strongest
So if it's a Gematsu character tomorrow (again, Shulk) I'm curious to see how the community is going to feel. There's a lot of tension already between the believers and the remaining hold-outs.
It's a bit silly for people to discount its validity at this point.

Just a matter of people understanding that it is a leak, not an official statement.

Last edited:

candyissweet

Smash Apprentice
I wish people would stop believing all the Gematsu stuff. Wouldn't you rather pretend that no spoilers were ever leaked than be a know-it-all of every character confirmed and then be super depressed because you already know that your favorite character did not get confirmed?

That's just my opinion, but seriously, you should be guessing and dreaming, not waiting for some random leak to come true.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
If the Gematsu leak is true, Sakurai has no real hype characters left. If I were him, I would've almost reversed the reveal order completely. He's left some strange characters to hype us up.

D

Deleted member

Ironically, Shulk holds no interest out of the remaining three to me.
So if he (most likely) shows up tomorrow morning, my reaction will be "Oh. Cool."

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
If the Gematsu leak is true, Sakurai has no real hype characters left. If I were him, I would've almost reversed the reveal order completely. He's left some strange characters to hype us up.
What if his intentions isn't to just hype us up, but just to show off these characters?
It's Smash, it's hype no matter what newcomer we get.

To be fair we make a minority of the Smash consumers, so even if we hate or love a character that doesn't mean that's what everyone thinks. Most people aren't so invested into the series as we are, and are more open-minded to roster choices. To these people, it doesn't matter if Little Mac or Chrom got revealed first or last. The hype factor only really applies to us.

I actually didn't know ROB was so hated till I came here...and I still only see it here.

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
It would be so funny if the initial Gematsu leak really was his unlikely predictions.

And everything he sad was completely baseless claims.
Sal: Okay I'll make these list of predictions...

*turn out to be right*

Sal: HOLY ****! Might as well try something again

*Leaks second batch*

Sal: Okay Greninja, I played it safe on that one. Gotta make another before E3

I got it! Maybe they'll call it Mii Fighter?

*E3 Happens*

Sal: AM I GOD?!

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
ROB is hated?
If he is, I don't even notice it here!
Well he was, apparently?

I sometimes still see it, rarely, but seems like if it really was the case then it doesn't matter if he was loathed originally, because he's certainly a fan favorite now.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Sal: Okay I'll make these list of predictions...

*turn out to be right*

Sal: HOLY ****! Might as well try something again

*Leaks second batch*

Sal: Okay Greninja, I played it safe on that one. Gotta make another before E3

I got it! Maybe they'll call it Mii Fighter?

*E3 Happens*

Sal: AM I GOD?!
Yeah, pretty much.

Not claiming that is the case, just presenting the idea.

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
I can't wait until all of Sal Romano's characters are revealed and people still claim it was a lucky guess.

10/10 very logical

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I love Chrom. He's one of the characters I'm most excited for. He has a lot of potential to be unique, plus, for a FE character, he actually has a lot of personality.
I agree. I would love to see Chrom in Smash. However, I'd really love to see Anna or Lucina. And I'd really really really love to see Robin/Tactician with a male and female alt. :)

I actually didn't know ROB was so hated till I came here...and I still only see it here.
I mostly noticed R.O.B. hate on Gamefaqs. And a little here but not as much.

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Carefully, False Sense, or will will incur the wrath of @ Louie G. Louie G.
Hmph. Challenge accepted.
Hey @ Louie G. Louie G. I don't like the Gematsu Leak. And it might or might not be because of a certain trio.
it's not but I'm being a shmuck
Hey, I'm not going to shove them down your throat. If you like them, hey, so do I! If you don't, well that's your opinion.

I personally think they're a great choice: very fun and creative, representing a new IP that happens to be one of my very favorites.
But for people less acquainted with Rhythm Heaven, it's understandable to be wary of the Chorus Kids.
Do yourself a favor and buy Rhythm Heaven, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom