• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Character Competitive Impressions - Tourneys, Tiers, Theories, Tactics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
A while back, I was speaking to Nick Riddle on twitch chat. He said the Village MU wasn't particularly difficult for ZSS, and that Nairo was misplaying several key aspects of the MU. He cited how he beat MJG but MJG beat Nairo. Specifically, he talked about crawling under auto cancel slingshots and recovering high whenever possible. Despite the final outcome, I think that set may serve to affirm his claims.

Djent

Smash Champion
Earlier I called Marss a "tier 2 ZSS." He's looking like tier 1 now, taking Ranai to last hit game 3.

Ranai is like 4-2 vs. Choco. He knows the MU. Perhaps NickRiddle was right after all?

Last edited:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Earlier I called Marss a "tier 2 ZSS." He's looking like tier 1 now, taking Ranai to last hit game 3.

Ranai is like 4-2 vs. Choco. He knows the MU. Perhaps NickRiddle was right after all?
Marss has dominated New England in much the same way all these other dominating-tier players have dominated their respective regions. Like, he wins 90%+ of tournaments there, and most of the time it doesn't even look like he's trying. Last time he played Nairo, he took him to game 5 last hit in WF. Nairo said he's a top 3 ZSS, only beaten by maybe Choco I think?
And he took Ranai to basically last hit, and I would bet money Ranai has more top level ZSS exp than Marss has top level Villager exp. There's still a loser's bracket to run through!

I missed Hyuga beating Nairo, sadly. Sounds kewl though.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Who besides MJG and 9B drowned in pools?
I heard MVD was eliminated by Marss but I don't know if that's true. Vinnie also supposedly lost to Xzax, that might've been a losers set.

Edit: These are only rumors from twitch chat though. I'd like to see those verified/falsified myself.

:059:

Last edited:

Djent

Smash Champion
According to the brackets, Xzax would have had to beat MVD to play Vinnie, who I know was in winners. So Vinnie is in losers and MVD is out to Marss in 33rd.

Last edited:

TheMiSP

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
MISP#673
NNID
Collin9476
3DS FC
1564-3898-1072
Switch FC
SW-1536-5988-9478
Umeki is out. Lost to Cacogen.

Any news on Trela and/or Abadango?

Last edited:

ARISTOS

Smash Ace
It seems two Round 2 Pools are done!

Recognizable names that are out:

Umeki :(
NickRiddle
Ryo
Raptor
8bitman
K9
The Wall

UPDATES:

Mister Eric
MVD
Denti
Vinnie

UPDATES 5:58 EST

Zex
M2K
Big D
Angel Cortes
Zenyou
Pink Fresh

UPDATES 7:06

Xaltis
Karna

UPDATES 7:26

Tweek
Falln
DJ Jack
Abadango
Zan
Jtails

One pool left

Last edited:

Apeirohaon

Smash Apprentice
Vinnie is out as well (lost to Xzax and ConCon, both 0-2)

edit: mvd and m2k too

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Earth has made it to top 32. His next Match will be ZeRo tho, interested to see how this pans out.

If you can pull an upset out your butt Earth I'll love u 4evs

:150:

Iron Maw

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ironmaw
3DS FC
1091-8076-0883
I can't believe 9B couldn't even make into the top 32 atleast...

Tournament of upsets alright.

Last edited:

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
So The Wall and Raptor both get 41st at Genesis. Firefly's story is yet to be written and Sky Williams and iRJi both only got 9th in their respective pools for Pools 1. Interesting tournament for Yoshi I guess.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Earth has made it to top 32. His next Match will be ZeRo tho, interested to see how this pans out.

If you can pull an upset out your butt Earth I'll love u 4evs

:150:
Earth vs ZeRo?
Pit/Fox vs Shiek/Diddy?

Holy **** that's gonna be an awesome game

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Top 32 winners: Earth [Pit], Zero [Diddy / Sheik], Hyuga [Toon Link], 6wx [Sonic], Ranai [Villager], Xzax [Fox]
Top 32 losers: Trevonte, Cacogen, Nairo, Rain, Marss, Mr. CC,

:059:

Apeirohaon

Smash Apprentice
Teb, a Mario main ranked 4th in NorCal, just beat ESAM

edit: Zan beats Abadango 2-1

Last edited:

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
ConCon beat him with Luigi?
And Luigi_Player won a national full of Sheiks in Germany with Luigi ,apparently he says the matchup is doable. I don't see it cause I'm always getting wasted by my friend's Sheik, but I digress, I guess.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
People are saying Esam is out too. Think it's just confusing Smash 4 with Melee though since no one is stating who.

So, guys, Esam and Abadango are not out. They are only in losers. Abadango's reason is impossible, Esam is only out in Melee.

Last edited:

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
FInally some Greninja thanks to Phenom! He did slightly better with his Greninja than his Fox against Zinoto's Diddy, but played too aggressive and didn't do enough zoning with Shuriken. Good to actually see the frog on the screen for once though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom