• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character = Character

t3h Icy

Smash Master
I'd also like to congratulate you on what's happening with the Melee chart - you seem to be getting lots of meaningful input.
Thanks a lot. At first, I didn't think I would attempt it, but after the other one started dying, I decided to jump in, and it's been really successful so far. =D

novakane

Smash Cadet
since ive started playing online id have to say the player is more important than the character. I used to think samus was the worst character until jaimehr and holyquebec constantly 5 stocked me with samus.

That's correct just cause you play me and you're on youtube doesn't make you pro lOL
I guess im not a pro yet:mad::mad::mad::mad:

H0lyQuebec

Smash Apprentice
since ive started playing online id have to say the player is more important than the character. I used to think samus was the worst character until jaimehr and holyquebec constantly 5 stocked me with samus.

I guess im not a pro yet:mad::mad::mad::mad:
and then you f***** keep saying in main chat that you keep owning me, rite?

in my sig u go.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Probably be a stalemate even if it was fox vs jiggs, isai knows all of his moves ;)

Magnezone92

Smash Rookie
Every charater has its own power just that each player needs to find it to work around with it.

rpotts

Smash Lord
^
Right, and every opponent/chararcter has a weakness(es) that certain characters, especially top and high tierers, can exploit.

for example, you might say that link has great projectiles so therefore someone playing link should play a campy projectile spam to rack up damage/annoy your opponent and then finish them when there is a hole in their offense. this is true and effective, but say links opponents is fox, then the fox should use his advantages (good projectile, reflector, speed) to reflect/dodge all of links projectiles and out-camp link with shdl's. He can also use his speed to break through links projectile spam and likely get an easy grab/aerial in and then exploit links disadvantages (namely recovery) by edgehogging him or edgeguarding. This is the basis for matchups and the matchup chart/tier list. This is why i believe that when evenly leveled players play, the higher tiered/matchup advantaged character has an easier time winning.

Smasherx74

Smash Journeyman
It depends on your style of gameplay and how you play.

For me, My jiggly is only counter by Samus, DK and jigglypuff. But my mario counters everyone but my mario isn't as good as my jigglypuff. My luigi and falcon i havnt really looked at who its hard to fight.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
All hail MATTS!

BEST BEST!!!

Ultra GODS and so forth.

MATTS! is the greatest troll to ever grace smashboards with his presence.
MATTS! Is the best thing that ever happened to super smash brothers period.

NeoKronos

Smash Apprentice
Using Isai as a reason why the tier list doesn't exist.....Isai is his own tier list :p
Don't you have you're own tier list? Your name pops up anywhere to do with SSB, wiki, the ladder etc. I maybs should make a new thread asking how good are people on kaillera compared to Isai. Does Isai play on kaillera sometimes? I wish I knew.. I live down under :(

One day I want to figure out what kind of skill gap there is (if there is one) between Australian smashers and USA. I'll be in Canada in a year or two so I'll be able to give you guys a run for your money :) That is if I improve by then :S

Anyways, a topic for another day.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Don't you have you're own tier list? Your name pops up anywhere to do with SSB, wiki, the ladder etc. I maybs should make a new thread asking how good are people on kaillera compared to Isai. Does Isai play on kaillera sometimes? I wish I knew.. I live down under :(

One day I want to figure out what kind of skill gap there is (if there is one) between Australian smashers and USA. I'll be in Canada in a year or two so I'll be able to give you guys a run for your money :) That is if I improve by then :S

Anyways, a topic for another day.
I was joking since Isai plays enough characters so well that he can basically beat anyone with anyone.

Also, Topics of who is the best and such like that are usually not allowed here
And personal tier lists are not equal to the actual tier list. The random thing I posted wasn't even my tier list. Even though I do horribly as Jigglypuff and Luigi, it doesn't mean I think they are the worst characters.

btw...stop double posting....its not allowed here...not trying to minimod but it will get you infractions and stuff liek that.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
To get this out the way quickly, me and 1der created our own list of the aus community skill level in comparison to galaxy players. Basically everyone on Aus falls under Trash>Garbage>Rubbish

I'm borderline trash, 1der is low level trash, and our best player on the server kuromatsu is high level trash. We have a lot of rubbish on the server and a few bits of garbage, but one day I want to play Americans on galaxy frequently to improve past our AUs community limits.

Also Kronos, you can go onto Galaxy64 at any time because their ping cap is very high, and yes, you see malva00 there occassionally.

NeoKronos

Smash Apprentice
To get this out the way quickly, me and 1der created our own list of the aus community skill level in comparison to galaxy players. Basically everyone on Aus falls under Trash>Garbage>Rubbish

I'm borderline trash, 1der is low level trash, and our best player on the server kuromatsu is high level trash. We have a lot of rubbish on the server and a few bits of garbage, but one day I want to play Americans on galaxy frequently to improve past our AUs community limits.

Also Kronos, you can go onto Galaxy64 at any time because their ping cap is very high, and yes, you see malva00 there occassionally.
Awesome.. Why isn't malva00 included in the Galaxy64 ladder lol, wouldn't Isai dominate everyone?

NeoKronos

Smash Apprentice
I guess he doesn't care and that the ladder is not really played often.
OK.. I'm gonna hit him up for some p2p, because California = West USA and where I am is East Northern Australia, and supposedly he p2ped Ciaza (cool story bro) with only 5 frames.

I guess considering you replied 20 minutes ago that this is a popular time of day? I should get a converter but cbf lol, its 2am here.

Top Bottom