• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Changing the Europe Subboard

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Okay, since the Tier List thread is getting waaaay off topic with this meta discussion, I will post this new thread.

I know this should be talked about with the administrators and moderators, too, as they need to agree, but I think if we want to do something, we first need at least a concept.

Possibilities for a change are:
Stickying the national threads, and creating some for the countries not having one yet (such as Austria). But that will clutter up the Sticky list... so maybe not as good

OR

Creating and stickying official threads for regions, such as British Isles, France, etc.

OR

Creating one big "collection" thread with all regions listed in them, linking to their respective national threads, national boards (should those exist), Social Groups and whatnot.

OR

Creating subboards for each of the bigger regions, as those which have been named.

I personally think that, as of now, the second or third solutions would be the best. It doesn't split apart the European board into their own subboards. Since so many European regions are hardly active or small (or both lol) with the exception of NL and UK, I think making own subforums would not be helpful at all.

My suggestions:
British Isles (UK, Ireland)
France
Iberian Peninsula (Spain, Portugal)
Scandinavia (Iceland, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark)
BeNeLux (Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourgh)
German Europe (Germany, Austria, Switzerland)
Italy
Eastern Europe (I have no idea about those, tbh)

With that we should be able to cover everything.
As said, own subforums probably are overkill.

For the second solution specifically:
Of course the nations would keep their own national threads, no question, but it would be far easier if the regions that are grouped together can exchange easily and don't have to dig up the thread(s).

The OPs just have to basically be a "collection" of important threads for that region, and should be updated regularly, just like in the third solution, but with each region's representative maintaining their threads.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
Thanks spadefox, this is what i meant =)

separating the regions so we dont get annoyed by other countries too is good, it makes it easier for people to find threads rather than seeing like majority UK threads since we got the most lol

Maybe the swedish will return to SWF if they get their own section

Why would it get closed?

European tournies to be posted in the Tournament listing section?

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
The tier list topic is kinda done so I don't see how it was getting way off topic like the discussion was continuing lol.
I bet this thread will get closed by some European mod.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Professor Pro, there's a difference.

We have to organize ourselves better than how it looks currently. Our subboard is a mess. I don't visit here at all because it looks how it looks.

We have to create a concept that benefits all communities, but doesn't split them apart. We are, after all all Europeans and I think uniting ourselves and creating international European events requires rearranging ourselves properly first.

Without organization, we only have chaos. Which is not what we want.

The other thread is more regarding a European Backroom, and is, despite being part of a restitution of the European boards, a different matter, as it won't concern the average European player.

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
Spain will remain with his own forums outside of smash boards for now, actually we are doing one new spanish website to gather all spanish players in the same place, so now changing to SWF isn't very realistic.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
The problem with countries splitting off of SWF doesn't solve any problem. In fact, it only prohibits the Europeans to unite themselves.

If I don't speak Spanish respectively am not part of the Spanish forums, but happen to be in the area at a time there's a tournament in Spain, I wouldn't know of it, and thus I couldn't attend it, because I didn't know about it.

Before Europe can be closer with the USA, Europe has to be closer themselves.

I'm not proposing to give up the national boards, but I'm proposing to try and have everyone register on SWF, and contribute to our subboard.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
I agree with creating a new topic for this.

People are thinking of it as if they have to choose. The Dutchies have their own website + forum as well, but that doesn't stop us from posting about tournaments on SWF and/or contributing to discussion.

EDIT: Also, new people look on SWF first. They need to be able to find us.

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
The problem with countries splitting off of SWF doesn't solve any problem. In fact, it only prohibits the Europeans to unite themselves.

If I don't speak Spanish respectively am not part of the Spanish forums, but happen to be in the area at a time there's a tournament in Spain, I wouldn't know of it, and thus I couldn't attend it, because I didn't know about it.

Before Europe can be closer with the USA, Europe has to be closer themselves.

I'm not proposing to give up the national boards, but I'm proposing to try and have everyone register on SWF, and contribute to our subboard.

Yes, we could try bringing the players here anyway, I can do that but I don't think they'll visit SWF very often at least I can try.

Blad01

Smash Lord
I guess I should post the link to my post in the other thread here : http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=7364597#post7364597.

How I would see the organization by example (I know this is a bit presumptuous to propose something to SWF without even having a coloured name, but whatever :p) :

SWF
| Super Smash Bros. Brawl
General
Tactical
Characters \/
Bowser
Captain Falcon
Stages
Videos
Archives

|Regionals (Continental ?) Metagames
|America \/
Tournament Discussion
Tournament Listings
Tournament Results
Regional Zones
Brawl Back Room

|Europe \/
Tournament Discussion
Tournament Listings
Tournament Results
Regional Zones
Brawl Back Room

(The rest of the forum would remain the same)

This is just a way to see it of course, and I'm probably forgetting things. :x

The activity of EU members is partially resolved with the EBBR : the EBBR's members will have to visit SWF regulary. As for the others... We should try. :)

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
As said:
How are we supposed to talk about European metagame and unity, if there's each country having their own forum, but not interacting with each other?

The major problem Europe suffers is the lack of communication.

SWF is an international forum, and as Marc said, the staff of SWF would be willing to support us if we are able to show that we are capable of being united.

Before Europe can get closer to the USA, it has to be Europe, not Germany and France and UK and the Netherlands and and and and.

Edit:
@Blad01:
I think an own whole subforum for Europe can be warranted if our community is big and united enough. As of now, we have to use what we have. As soon as we hit our borders, we can expand.
Lastly, I think Online should be completely separated, because it's not really dependant on regionalities.

Blad01

Smash Lord
As said:
How are we supposed to talk about European metagame and unity, if there's each country having their own forum, but not interacting with each other?

The major problem Europe suffers is the lack of communication.

SWF is an international forum, and as Marc said, the staff of SWF would be willing to support us if we are able to show that we are capable of being united.

Before Europe can get closer to the USA, it has to be Europe, not Germany and France and UK and the Netherlands and and and and.

Edit:
@Blad01:
I think an own whole subforum for Europe can be warranted if our community is big and united enough. As of now, we have to use what we have. As soon as we hit our borders, we can expand.
Lastly, I think Online should be completely separated, because it's not really dependant on regionalities.

So you are basically saying that we have to be united before SWF can change for us.
But I am saying that it's impossible to be united without a place. This place can be an EU website (A project I would like to start at the end of the Summer if we don't choose SWF) or SWF.
So I'm saying the opposite : If SWF changes for us, we will be able to be united.
;)

Blinky

Smash Journeyman
Maybe if we asked the communities who are more separated from SWF what are the main issues, and how it can be resolved, we could have a good indication of how to unite Europe better.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Maybe if we asked the communities who are more separated from SWF what are the main issues, and how it can be resolved, we could have a good indication of how to unite Europe better.
That is a great idea, and I support it.

If we know what the separate countries need to integrate themselves back into SWF, we might be able to find a solution to please everyone.

@Blad01:
Yea, but it would cost an insane amount of time and work to create functional subboards for Europe itself.
The problem is, that if the European boards are dead even if they are existant, that whole work and time would be put to waste, and therefore it would not help us at all... and maybe even kill the respect the American part of SWF has for us.

We have to be a closed community in order to be able to represent ourselves.

You can't say that we're a unified subboard. We're all scattered across SWF and our own national boards, and this subboard is a total mess.

i like this guy ^

his posts are like wow
I aim to please, but I have to state that I kinda adapted the posting style from Yuna, at least the bolding.

Tero.

Smash Champion
First of all: My last post in the Tier List topic should probably be in here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=7364735&posted=1#post7364735

Last time I suggested sub forums for european countries most europeans have been against it.
I don't know why, maybe they really think it's useless or maybe they we're just scared of too many changes, personally I can only see advantages.

My suggestion was to have a european forum on the main page including sub forums for the bigger communities, a general european discussion forum and a european Back Room, I still think this would be the best solution.
Because as allready mentioned by someone the mess in the european board discourages many people from reading/posting.

Last time SWF admins refused our request, I hope we have more luck this time.
But actually I don't think so.

W/e I'm going to try again, so let's keep this **** going!

Retroking2000

Smash Master
as soon as we do this , japan+ other nations will have motivation to do the same
if this forum is really announced as the smash world forums as its name . it really should have better support
other than bread and buttering for Americans.

what i dont really get is what my fellow EU's mean by unite

the only way i could see that happening if we get a forum just for europe .

but we will be uniting Europe and seperating from the other nations

its a win + lose?

someone help me understand what you guys mean lol

Blad01

Smash Lord
It seems that we could agree on a few points now. Tell me what you think :

• If SWF is truly worldwide, then Europe should be integrated way better.
  • We need a European Brawl Back Room (only europeans) and a American BBR with only americans, since the stuff the BR works on (Ruleset, Tier List) depends on regionals / continental metagame.
  • If Europe is integrated (a lot) better, and if there is an EBBR here on SWF, SWF would actually become the main place for europeans to discuss together, at least when they want to talk to others europeans communities. (There is no place for Europe to gather right now, SWF could turn into it that place)

-------------------------

Yea, but it would cost an insane amount of time and work to create functional subboards for Europe itself.
The problem is, that if the European boards are dead even if they are existant, that whole work and time would be put to waste, and therefore it would not help us at all... and maybe even kill the respect the American part of SWF has for us.

We have to be a closed community in order to be able to represent ourselves.
As I say in this reply, and as I said in my last one :

So I'm saying the opposite : If SWF changes for us, we will be able to be united.
(There is no place for Europe to gather right now, SWF could turn into it that place)
@Tero : If the administrators refuse the EBBR and a better integration for Europe this, then SWF is not worlwide. :|
(And we'll have to make that european website...)

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
as soon as we do this , japan+ other nations will have motivation to do the same
I doubt the Japanese would come and frequent SWF, for the main reason that hardly anyone in Japan speaks English properly, and the second reason that they usually stay isolated and with themselves.

what i dont really get is what my fellow EU's mean by unite

the only way i could see that happening if we get a forum just for europe .
No no... You misunderstood. By uniting, I mean that we have to be one community, not a few people scattered across the board with the main stuff happening in the regional own forums away from SWF.

The two most active European countries in SWF are UK and Netherlands, with the former being pretty much only active on SWF, and the Dutch being very active on SWF, but also having their own boards, as well.

As said, a lack of communication - due to everyone being in their own websites/forums separated from all other Europeans - has established.

The exact opposite of what we need.

If the SWF staff feels that Europe needs an own subboard, or even an own part of the forum due to its size and tournaments everywhere, I'm sure the staff will support us. The Americans don't want to suppress us, but you have to view at it as leader of this huge board. Suddenly a small disorganized part from across the ocean comes and asks for their own board in the board... with the current subboard being hardly used other than by UK and Netherlands? And the whole community being split and the subboard messy?

I wouldn't grant the Americans something like that if I was admin on the page and it would be run by us Europeans. I would tell them to clean up their mess, become a solid and unified community. Then I'd think about it.

but we will be uniting Europe and seperating from the other nations

its a win + lose?

someone help me understand what you guys mean lol
Europe already is separated from the States due to the Atlantic Ocean. It's a whole different community and metagame in the USA than it is in Europe. But that's not the point.

The point is that the community is split apart. Do you know the best French players? I don't. I don't know the best players of any country in Europe but the German-speaking ones, which is the community I am active in. This is a perfect example of what I mean. If the Americans ask you for our best players... would you be able to give a list? I wouldn't.

Last time I suggested sub forums for european countries most europeans have been against it.
I don't know why, maybe they really think it's useless or maybe they we're just scared of too many changes, personally I can only see advantages.

My suggestion was to have a european forum on the main page including sub forums for the bigger communities, a general european discussion forum and a european Back Room, I still think this would be the best solution.
Because as allready mentioned by someone the mess in the european board discourages many people from reading/posting.
That's because the subboards would've been dead or almost dead. Do you think the people from the German Smashboards would suddenly flood SWF and actively post there when they have their own subboard in the Regional section? No, they wouldn't. That's because they have their own boards anyway... so why bother posting on SWF?

Last time SWF admins refused our request, I hope we have more luck this time.
But actually I don't think so.
See my theory of turning it around above.

W/e I'm going to try again, so let's keep this **** going!
If we all work together and try to have people join our cause and these boards, I'm sure we are able to establish an equal part on SWF for Europe. The SWF staff generally would support us, but they won't support us without us giving them a reason. Just saying "We want ..." is not enough.

I hope you get my points.

Tero.

Smash Champion
Unifying a whole continent isn't done in a few days, if it would, we didn't need those people called politicians.

We need something to have a start because otherwise people won't be motivated enough to actually do something.

You would be suprised how many people are actually pleased with our actual situation.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I wasn't saying it had to happen over the next few days... where did I say that?

I said that this is our main goal. This might take only a few months, or even a year. But we have to reach this goal, otherwise we can't expect the staff to support us.

The first thing we have to do is to clean up this subboard. It's messy. Maybe Marc is able to get us a sub-subboard for tournaments + results, so that the tournaments are at their own, and we have the general discussions/social threads etc. separated.

Next, we should have every tournament marked, indicating the country its in. That would help a lot to make this subboard more organized.
i.e. [UK] London Monthlies

As soon as the subboard is tidied up, we can start getting our local communities in here.

Before we dream of getting a whole part of the board, we have to start small, with what we have, which is this very subboard.

Charby

Smash Journeyman
I second tero we realy need a realy strong support to have a nice start. ( Even if he plays MK ****it its a trap)

Tero.

Smash Champion
I wasn't saying it had to happen over the next few days... where did I say that?

I said that this is our main goal. This might take only a few months, or even a year. But we have to reach this goal, otherwise we can't expect the staff to support us.

The first thing we have to do is to clean up this subboard. It's messy. Maybe Marc is able to get us a sub-subboard for tournaments + results, so that the tournaments are at their own, and we have the general discussions/social threads etc. separated.

Next, we should have every tournament marked, indicating the country its in. That would help a lot to make this subboard more organized.
i.e. [UK] London Monthlies

As soon as the subboard is tidied up, we can start getting our local communities in here.

Before we dream of getting a whole part of the board, we have to start small, with what we have, which is this very subboard.

Well I guess we should implement a determined format for creating new tournament topics like:

[*country tag*] Name - Location - Date

Moderators should check topics regulary and see if people stick with the format and edit if they don't do it. (Seems like moderators have to do most of the work for us since we're not able to do it, sorry guys :p).

Maybe we should tag all topics, I'm not sure about vBulletin, but most forums have a function to add prefixes (=tags) and you'll have to select one before you create the topic we should ask SWF staff.

Anyway I guess we should start somewhere, if we don't do anything then nothing will change.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend

Well I guess we should implement a determined format for creating new tournament topics like:

[*country tag*] Name - Location - Date

Moderators should check topics regulary and see if people stick with the format and edit if they don't do it. (Seems like moderators have to do most of the work for us since we're not able to do it, sorry guys :p).

Maybe we should tag all topics, I'm not sure about vBulletin, but most forums have a function to add prefixes (=tags) and you'll have to select one before you create the topic we should ask SWF staff.

Anyway I guess we should start somewhere, if we don't do anything then nothing will change.
Yes, that's a great idea... I know of this, as well.

It would definitely help to create a organization. Which is the main problem of this subboard: It's disorganized, almost anarchic. But even just making it a rule for this subboard to put in tags and such... that would be very helpful, as well.

As you said, we have to start somewhere, and for now we have to use what we have. As much as I'd like the Europeans have an own bigger subboard for themselves, I can understand why SWF refused.

Blad01

Smash Lord
We can't really organize better...

There is a thread for every country (French one : http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=214095)
There is a thread referencing countries threads : http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=208432
Our tourneys in the 'tournament listings' and 'tournaments results'. (Well there are some here too)
There is a thread to reference the europeans tourneys : http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=229417

The only problem is that we don't have enough space, and that the sections are not defined well (are we supposed to put our tourneys here or in 'tournaments listings' by example)

Anyways, let's wait for the admin's answer first.

K@0S

Smash Ace
My favourite idea at the moment.

First, we have to be well known, and I guess you know how you have to come to this subforum. It's almost invisible on SWF, and seeing an european forum on the main page would look a lot more serious, for anybody. Personally, I'm not motivated at all we I see that messy mass of threads.

Since we all speak a different language, if we want as many people to come as possible, we need the subforums for bigger communities; to me, the main problem is that too many people don't speak english. But many people who do speak english don't come here too often because of the messy and "useless-looking" part.

And finally since we need to gather the heads of the continent before the rest (which will follow), we definitivly need a BR.

|Europe \/
Tournament Discussion
Tournament Listings
Tournament Results
Regional Zones
Brawl Back Room
That would be super nice. Tournaments, reginal zones, and a BR, we don't need more at the moment, but we also need this at least before SWF can become a bit serious in any way for europeans.

If the SWF staff feels that Europe needs an own subboard, or even an own part of the forum due to its size and tournaments everywhere, I'm sure the staff will support us. The Americans don't want to suppress us, but you have to view at it as leader of this huge board. Suddenly a small disorganized part from across the ocean comes and asks for their own board in the board... with the current subboard being hardly used other than by UK and Netherlands? And the whole community being split and the subboard messy?

I wouldn't grant the Americans something like that if I was admin on the page and it would be run by us Europeans. I would tell them to clean up their mess, become a solid and unified community. Then I'd think about it.
Indeed, this is right, the mods must agree; but how is it possible for this subforum not to be a mess if it represents a whole continent in which hundreds of threads should be made and if it doesn't look serious at all ? (from now, it is addressed to the staff)

I mean, if we had the possibility to have a subforum for tournaments, a subforum for each country etc., I bet this wouldn't be a mess at all, or at least definitivly not worse than in american parts. But with what is given to us, we can't make it look tidy; it's mathematically impossible, because we have general discussions, tournament listings and random thread being on the same subforum (yes, that hidden subforum).

Of course, having only subforums for each country would still be better than nothing. But it would still be messy; a bit less, but still messy.

Let it be known, I would come to this boards and participate a lot more if we had all what we need. The thing is that there are loads of people who, like me, don't know too much about other scenes in Europe but who are motivated by this idea, and we don't have any place to gather ourselves at the moment. And the actual subforum is very discouraging.

Finally, having many europeans here would also unite the community worldwide, by bringing closer the US and the europeans communities.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
The problem is with a subboard for each country - what about tiny or inactive communities, such as Iceland, Austria or Portugal?

You have to understand that a whole new subforum for Europe alone will not only require the staff to create these, and move the current threads correctly, but they also will need moderators and super moderators maintaining it.

I repeat: We can't just go to the SWF staff and say "We want...", we have to do something and show that we deserve an own subforum.

Though I would really appreciate if Europe would be a bit higher in the Regional Zones list. We're at the very bottom, just above "International", and that although we're definitely just as big as one of the states/regions.

Tero.

Smash Champion
The problem is with a subboard for each country - what about tiny or inactive communities, such as Iceland, Austria or Portugal?
You allready solved that problem in your first post.

British Isles (UK, Ireland)
France (+french part of Switzerland)
Iberian Peninsula (Spain, Portugal)
Scandinavia (Iceland, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark)
BeNeLux (Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourgh)
German Europe (Germany, Austria, Switzerland)
Italy
Eastern Europe (I have no idea about those, tbh)
The Rest

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
That would still make 7 subboards in need of moderation, and putting the threads there.

Besides, what sense does it make to have a tournament listing subboard, yet having subboards for each community? I think that the general/regional threads would be enough for just random chitchat.

If you ask me, I would split it into "General European - Tourmanent Listings - Backroom" or "General European - [7 Regional Boards] - Backroom".

K@0S

Smash Ace
Don't make them. We can establish a simple rule, only countries which show that they need a subboard would get it. Or make groups of countries, like UK+Iceland, or Germany+Austria for example.

You have to understand that a whole new subforum for Europe alone will not only require the staff to create these, and move the current threads correctly, but they also will need moderators and super moderators maintaining it.
It wouldn't need so many new moderators, at least not at the beginning. Eventually the subforum would become more and more important, and then we would need more moderators; this implies that moderators will be needed as the community gathered becomes bigger; in fact, it's proportional.

Choosing the first ones wouldn't be so hard, some super moderators are already europeans, I'm sure that among us, some very serious people would be glad to be chosen for this task.

I repeat: We can't just go to the SWF staff and say "We want...", we have to do something and show that we deserve an own subforum.
Like I said, we almost can't proove anything with this actual subboard, for all the reasons I mentioned in my previous post.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Actually, there is only one European super moderator. ;[

I agree this place is too uncategorized, but I'm unsure how to take care of it. Some of the suggestions in here are worth considering, but once again, it's up to SWF staff.

Blad01

Smash Lord
Well these moderators should europeans, and they can choose new ones ;)

Spadefox, don't be pessimistic, and wait for the admins' anwsers. And I'm surprised that you keep saying that we need to be organized better, despite the fact that we showed you it was not really possible to organize ourselves better in the current situation (Besides, we are already well-organized imo. At least french threads are :p)

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
We'd appreciate if the SWF staff would contribute and take part in this discussion, Marc.

We won't bite the staff, either, and at least I would like to know about their opinion on the matter, and what they think would be a requirement for us to expand.

Tero.

Smash Champion
We'd appreciate if the SWF staff would contribute and take part in this discussion, Marc.

We won't bite the staff, either, and at least I would like to know about their opinion on the matter, and what they think would be a requirement for us to expand.
QFT.

It feels kinda weird that they need someone to deliver our messages like we are talking another language... (well our english is probably not perfect but it's still english :)

It wouldn't need so many new moderators, at least not at the beginning. Eventually the subforum would become more and more important, and then we would need more moderators; this implies that moderators will be needed as the community gathered becomes bigger; in fact, it's proportional.

Choosing the first ones wouldn't be so hard, some super moderators are already europeans, I'm sure that among us, some very serious people would be glad to be chosen for this task.
True.
I'm quite sure each community would find someone willing and capable of doing this.
This however will only be necessary if people are going to use this sub forums.

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
I don't think Spain needs a subforum in here, we should only have subforums for the regions that are usually in SWF ( Spanish suck at english lol)

K@0S

Smash Ace

I couldn't agree more.

Blad01

Smash Lord
I don't think Spain needs a subforum in here, we should only have subforums for the regions that are usually in SWF ( Spanish suck at english lol)
You will need at least to have a thread with datas on the spanish community... Talking about that, is there one ? :p
I want to know the spanish community better, so make this thread Marc ! ;p

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Then I think we can add Portugal and Spain to The Rest, which means there would be 6 subboards (British Isles, Scandinavia, France, Benelux, German, Rest). Still quite a lot, but not as much as before.

Utto

Commander Keen
BRoomer
If you ask me, I would split it into "General European - Tourmanent Listings - Backroom" .
This, but I feel that it needs to appear on the frontpage somehow too. IMO it's important that the European community is easily findable for anyone who is interested in competitive smash in Europe, and that's not currently the case as far as I can tell.

On the other hand, I wouldn't so easily assume that an expansion of the European section will automaticaly generate more activity on here. I don't know about other countries, but in The Netherlands most people don't really care about discussing tier lists, rule sets etc. Frankly, I don't really even care myself anymore. What I care about is tournaments, and that is what will most likely attract Europeans to these boards I think.

Long story short, what I think it comes down to is making the European community (or communities) easily findable, hosting decent sized, well hosted tournaments on a somewhat regular basis and letting each other know what's up when it comes down to tournaments and the development of the metagame. But to be honest with you I'm not really sure yet what the actual goal of this topic is. More tournaments? A more easily findable place for our community? Better communication between the separate communities? Or just our own place to discuss things? If it's the latter, than never mind.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
But to be honest with you I'm not really sure yet what the actual goal of this topic is. More tournaments? A more easily findable place for our community? Better communication between the separate communities? Or just our own place to discuss things? If it's the latter, than never mind.
I agree with the rest of your post, Utto, so I'll just delete it and respond to this part.

Basically, we want all of this. More and international tournaments to strengthen our community, the European one, that is. Then, we want to leave this pit in which we are, hardly to find, somewhere hidden in the deepest depths of the SWF subforums. We also want to tie our bonds in between each European country. And, of course, the last thing you said is true, as well.

As for the part of people not caring about making tier lists, rulesets etc.: Apparently, there are people caring, otherwise we wouldn't have created our European BR forum, started discussing rulesets, and would talk about making a tierlist based on the European metagame - which was an idea initiated by a Dutch player.

Top Bottom