• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Changing Color Effects in Melee!

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
could anyone tell me how marths sword tail color works? (the second color) i tried using the RR GG BB color format, doesn't work, and i tried the RG BY value list, doesn't work either, so i've jsut been inputing random letters or numbers and so far all i got is blue, white, purple and pink, does anybody know Black or red or anything else?

RRGGBB color format is correct.

NNID
dansalvato
Has anyone determined the hex code of each shield color? I'd like to make some AR codes regarding shield color but I couldn't find that in preliminary searching.

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord
I've looked forever IE and I never found it. The texture for the shield is in the PlCo file. I'm pretty sure the dol file decides the color based on your port and if you are on a team.

Sixth-Sense

Smash Ace
San Francisco, Venezuela (not the famous one)
I'm a little confused in changing Falcon's b punch, it says in one of lanceinthepants post (first page) the offsets, but i don't know how i'm supposed to change the texture, as in the actual falcon punch, not just the smoke colors or the lens, how do i change the color there?

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
I don't really know what you're asking, but if by chance you're talking about turning the Falcon from FP into something else, that's probably a model hack of some sort.

Nopfed

Smash Rookie
NNID
Nopfed
So after about 6 months of taking a break of this melee color hacking stuff I decided to look back into it and i'm glad this thread is still going. I just revamped my hacked melee to a more soft hack.

Since I main Doc I was looking around for the colors of his pills, but with the current guides I don't think they follow any of them, unless they follow the 98 ## ## format and I'm too lazy to decode the 16bit colors...

But anyway I was wondering if anyone else tried changing this? I noticed doc doesn't have his own Effects file, and shares the basic effects with mario (downB and upB, I was able to change the blue tornado of downB to lime green). Doc's cape is separate from mario's as we know, so i'm wondering if the pills are in doc's pldr.dat file or somewhere random in the EfMrData file. :glare:

any help would be appreciated!

nube

Smash Apprentice
I thought they were textures, and that Steelia had re-coloured them years ago? Or maybe I'm just imagining things lol.

AGLET

Smash Cadet
I found some offsets for jiggs

EfPrData.dat

SING (UP B)

RED MUSIC NOTE
00005440 - 07 07 07 04 FF FF FF 00 FF 00 00

GREEN MUSIC NOTE
000055C0 - 07 07 07 04 FF FF FF 00 00 FF 00

BLUE MUSIC NOTE
00005500 - 07 07 07 04 FF FF FF 00 00 00 FF

Theftz22

Smash Lord
I've been working on making a green firefox, but the problem is that during the motion, every time a puff of fire comes out from behind it turns back to orange, so the firefox flashes between green and orange as shown:

Anybody know what I still need to change?

Also, I have a blue bowser fire change but I'd rather have it be a dark red. Anybody know the offsets for that?

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord
I found some offsets for jiggs

EfPrData.dat

SING (UP B)

RED MUSIC NOTE
00005440 - 07 07 07 04 FF FF FF 00 FF 00 00

GREEN MUSIC NOTE
000055C0 - 07 07 07 04 FF FF FF 00 00 FF 00

BLUE MUSIC NOTE
00005500 - 07 07 07 04 FF FF FF 00 00 00 FF
Nice, I'll add them.

I've been working on making a green firefox, but the problem is that during the motion, every time a puff of fire comes out from behind it turns back to orange, so the firefox flashes between green and orange as shown:

Anybody know what I still need to change?

Also, I have a blue bowser fire change but I'd rather have it be a dark red. Anybody know the offsets for that?
There is one more thing you need to change. You have to change the firefox texture. The offsets are in the list of changes I made.

Not sure what kind of change bowser's flame is, but I think it is a texture.

Theftz22

Smash Lord
Ok, so I guess I need to apply:

Firefox _9 texture between 18DA0 and 19D9F
Palette between 19DA0 and 19F9F

But uh, what does that mean? xD

Is there some tool the automatically finds the differences in hex values between two files? That would be an easy way to find the offsets for bower's fire.

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord

Theftz22

Smash Lord
I tried finding some offsets for luigi...I thought I found color values at:

F3C0
19C10
1B7E0
1C630

But I changed the hexes to no noticeable difference. Anyone tried finding offsets for luigi (fireball, misfire, etc)?

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord
Yea the things you change might not have a noticeable impact. I know the fireball, and the misfire fire are all textures/auras.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure that one doesn't work, though. There was a working one somewhere around here, I think.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
In that case, the folder must have been updated since I last downloaded it, since I remember it not working for me and a few other people.

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord
I don't have a lot of time for this anymore, but if you PM me a receipt of you donating to melee at EVO, then I will do my best to take your request.

Kadano

Magical Express
Is it possible for you to give me the adress codes for the background / cloud texture colors during Final Destination's white phase? This transition is giving me transitions every time, so I want to make it black instead. I've tried hacking it on my own, but I didn't get very far. I've only managed to make part of the clouds black.
Will 12$ be enough for this?

Edit: Of course, GrNLa.dat without the black phase would be even better.

Osh

Smash Rookie
Sorry to revive this, but I've been searching through hex code for a way to change Sheik's vanish color/element and I haven't been very successful, anyone care to point me in the right direction?

Top Bottom