• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Champion of the Sinnoh Pokémon League, Cynthia Accepts Your Challenge!! Cynthia for Ultimate

zferolie

Smash Hero
Well, if Cynthia doesn't make it to Smash, there are the rumored remakes of Diamond and Pearl on the way so she'll still have something in her favor

Indeed. I already have cynthia, both versions of her, in pikemon masters, but another game with her in beautiful 3d would be great. And hopefully they keep her battle hard, with added stats like the original

MattX20

Smash Hero
Indeed. I already have cynthia, both versions of her, in pikemon masters, but another game with her in beautiful 3d would be great. And hopefully they keep her battle hard, with added stats like the original
Most likely, they will. Champion fights in the remakes or so I heard aren't toned down

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
So, you've heard about the completion theory, right? That FP2's character seem to be about filling what fans perceive as gaps in the roster? (No ARMS fighter, the best-selling game of all time having nothing, barebones FF content)? You think Cynthia could perhaps be a vessel for filling out what some could consider gaps in Pokemon representation?
  • No Gen 3 Pokemon (Milotic)
  • No playable member of the Eevee line despite their iconic status (Glaceon)
  • No Pokemon newcomer that isn't one of the latest gen's starters after Brawl

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I support. Cynthia is one of the coolest trainers in the series and a lot of her Pokémon are really cool. I really like Garchomp, Milotic, and Spiritomb. I’m not a huge fan of Roserade but I’m fine with it if it means getting the rest.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Say, what do you all think Cynthia's reveal trailer would be like? Personally... I think that at the very least, Red AND Leaf (the latter of whom hasn't appeared in any Smash-related CGI stuff thus far) need to be involved in it somehow (If they're not the main focus, that is).

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
i think Waifus are super supported i mean popular characters are:
Ashley
Urbosa
Dixie
Linkle???? yeah im serious
and Twintelle

And and Cynthia

Really i dont get it

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Say, what do you all think Cynthia's reveal trailer would be like? Personally... I think that at the very least, Red AND Leaf (the latter of whom hasn't appeared in any Smash-related CGI stuff thus far) need to be involved in it somehow (If they're not the main focus, that is).
The idea I had in mind would be Red (and or Leaf) having a heating battle with Cynthia in a Pokémon Stadium when she’s about to take victory, Peach, Rosalina and Zelda crash the battle sending in Toad, Luma and Phantom to battle her, and while surprised, she accepts the challenge.

Could maybe also see Samus and Ridley crashing in at the end and we could see Garchomp and Ridley start duking it out.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
The idea I had in mind would be Red (and or Leaf) having a heating battle with Cynthia in a Pokémon Stadium when she’s about to take victory, Peach, Rosalina and Zelda crash the battle sending in Toad, Luma and Phantom to battle her, and while surprised, she accepts the challenge.

Could maybe also see Samus and Ridley crashing in at the end and we could see Garchomp and Ridley start duking it out.
Ooooh, that's pretty cool! I take it Cynthia's true identity would be shrouded in mystery while Red and/or Leaf are fighting her until Princess Peach, Princess Zelda, and Rosalina show up? Basically, think of Ken's reveal as he was fighting Little Mac.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Honestly as i said before, cynthia fighting along side her team would be the only hype pokemon character reveal for me. Honestly sakurai loves to do crazy stuff i honestly think he may go that route.

I dont think we will get a pokemon rep, but if it does happen cynthia inthink does havr a decent shot. By far the most popular champion and one of the top humans in the franchise. The gen 4 remakes seem all bit certain so that goes in her favor too

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Ngl, I wouldn't be all too surprised if GF is planning on keeping Cynthia's appearance in this game a secret until release. That said, I do hope they don't change up her design too much...

zferolie

Smash Hero
i see a lot of hate the DP remake is getting look wise, but I love it. The art style and chibis and very beautifully recreating the look of the old game, which I love.

I do hope those its not just a 1:1 remake with nothing new, especially if it skips the platinum stuff, or has no QoL changes. but honestly we need to wait and see more.

I can't wait to see Chibi CYnthia, and her her new remixed theme

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Still, this all makes me wonder... do you all think Cynthia will get some additions to her current design or will she be a case of 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'?

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I sure hope no one considers Ashley or Dixie a waifu...
Yeah there female so i probably generalized too much

especialy with Dixie she is quite important in DKC

But sorry im pretty sure atleast some Ashley supporters see her somewhat as a Waifu she fulfills an archetype called Goth Girlfriend which is For Example often made by animators
But luckily shes not real

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So now that Pyra/Mythra are in and switch and swap characters are back on the table, it looks like Cynthia's chances isn't impossible after all even as a potential future DLC candidate in Ultimate or a future Smash game. Hopefully, the Sinnoh Champion makes it in someday.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
So now that Pyra/Mythra are in and switch and swap characters are back on the table, it looks like Cynthia's chances isn't impossible after all even as a potential future DLC candidate in Ultimate or a future Smash game. Hopefully, the Sinnoh Champion makes it in someday.
Yeah, I sort of thought the same thing. In Cynthia's case though, I feel like she'd basically use her Pokemon as stands (like in JoJo) instead commanding them from the background like Red and Leaf.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Yeah, I sort of thought the same thing. In Cynthia's case though, I feel like she'd basically use her Pokemon as stands (like in JoJo) instead commanding them from the background like Red and Leaf.
I mean, I personally see it best with Cynthia being an advanced version of :ultpokemontrainer:, I feel like if that idea you have would better apply to N (or Bea for a more based choice)

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I think Cynthia's only real competition in this regard would have to be Team Rocket. I mean, it would make sense if the next Pokemon Trainer type character was Jessie & James or a Team Rocket goon with Meowth and two other Pokemon. It would make sense because of how iconic they're. Since we got Team Rocket goon Mii costume, I'm betting Team Rocket and their Pokemon will be newcomers in Smash 6.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I think Cynthia's only real competition in this regard would have to be Team Rocket. I mean, it would make sense if the next Pokemon Trainer type character was Jessie & James or a Team Rocket goon with Meowth and two other Pokemon. It would make sense because of how iconic they're. Since we got Team Rocket goon Mii costume, I'm betting Team Rocket and their Pokemon will be newcomers in Smash 6.
Hi there.
590294B3-40B2-49BA-997D-62E016AF5D82.jpeg

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I think a lock might be pushing it, I mean Jessie and James would be fun though I guess it depends on how much they wanna keep shilling Gen 1
I whether have Cynthia than Team Rocket, but I just think the latter is more likely. I would love to be wrong though.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
We’ll have to see. It’d definitely be Jessie and James, I don’t see it being a grunt.
By the way, was Jessie and James in any of the Pokemon games on the Switch? I could have sworn I saw them in a clip. That would make them officially canon to the games if so.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Thought so. Thanks. That means Jessie and James are canon to the games now.
Yes. Jessie and James were also in Pokémon GO and Pokémon Masters (with a talking Meowth, finally!)

Meowth & Team Rocket wouldn’t be a Gen 1 shill pick when they are actually popular characters that stood the test of time. Shill picks would be characters who got in Smash before their own games even came out and before they established their own fan base.

Cynthia wouldn’t be a shill pick either even if she is now relevant due to Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl. She stood the test of time and proved to be a popular character in her own right.

DynoStretch

Smash Cadet
Now, I have a question I wanted to ask here, and sorry if this is a little abrupt or anything, but:

What would a Cynthia spirit be like to battle? :)
Spirit: Cynthia (Pokemon Diamond and Pearl)
Music: Battle! Champion Cynthia (Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum)
Fighter(s): Rosalina and Luma (black)
Reinforcements: Kirby (black), Lucario, Ice Climbers (light blue), Ivysaur (white), Charizard (blue)
Stage: Spear Pillar
Battle Rules: Stamina Battle
Defeat all five reinforcements one-by-one to draw out the main fighter, then beat the main fighter to win
The enemy has increased defense (Kirby)
The enemy's special attacks have increased power (Charizard)

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Reinforcements: Kirby (black), Lucario, Ice Climbers (light blue), Ivysaur (white), Charizard (blue)
Defeat all five reinforcements one-by-one to draw out the main fighter, then beat the main fighter to win
Here’s my version:
Cynthia
(Pokémon Series)
View attachment 229561

Spirit Type: Neutral :starman::starman::starman::starman: Primary
Spirit Effects: Critical Hit↑↑
Opponent: :ultrosalina:(Black), :ultcharizard: (Blue),:ultmewtwo: (Pink), :ultlucario: (Navy), :ultpit: (White), :ultsheik: (Green), :ultdarksamus: (Purple)
Rules: N/A
Conditions:
-Stamina Battle
-Reinforcements will appear after an enemy is KO'd
-Defeat an army of fighters
Stage: Kalos Pokemon League (Omega)
Music Reward: Battle! Cynthia-Pokemon Masters

Alt. Battle! Cynthia (SSB4)

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Cynthia
(Pokémon Series)
View attachment 229561

Spirit Type: Neutral :starman::starman::starman::starman: Primary
Spirit Effects: Critical Hit↑↑
Opponent: :ultrosalina:(Black), :ultcharizard: (Blue),:ultmewtwo: (Pink), :ultlucario: (Navy), :ultpit: (White), :ultsheik: (Green), :ultdarksamus: (Purple)
Rules: N/A
Conditions:
-Stamina Battle
-Reinforcements will appear after an enemy is KO'd
-Defeat an army of fighters
Stage: Kalos Pokemon League (Omega)
Music Reward: Battle! Cynthia-Pokemon Masters

Alt. Battle! Cynthia (SSB4)
Wow, I guess I'm not the only one who notices the Cynthia/Rosalina similarities, huh?

Top Bottom