• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Champion of the Sinnoh Pokémon League, Cynthia Accepts Your Challenge!! Cynthia for Ultimate

zferolie

Smash Hero
A new video explaining pokemon masters is out, and cynthia is front and center for it. A beautiful animated opening for it as well with her speaking as well. Well just a line or 2.

Game looks pretty good gameplay wise too, and should be out in the summer. They didnt go over the gatcha mechanics yet though, but i know FE Heroes is supposedly very generous so hopefully this will be too

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
A new video explaining pokemon masters is out, and cynthia is front and center for it. A beautiful animated opening for it as well with her speaking as well. Well just a line or 2.

Game looks pretty good gameplay wise too, and should be out in the summer. They didnt go over the gatcha mechanics yet though, but i know FE Heroes is supposedly very generous so hopefully this will be too
I just hope we're not bound to the starting Pikachu for the whole game.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I just hope we're not bound to the starting Pikachu for the whole game.
Well i have a feeling we will get more. I mean at least choose maybe eevee as well since she is also a big name to the series.

Broke: Adding a Gen 8 starter to Smash to promote Sword & Shield
Woke: Adding Cynthia to Smash to promote Masters
jk
I wouldnt mind this at all. Prefer it actually

zferolie

Smash Hero
Yeah I didn’t mean just those specific renders, there’s a lot more renders in that tweet over on Twitter:
There was a problem fetching the tweet
65 characters at launch is not bad at all. I love the renders of all of them. I dont see Phoebe yet but i saw Kris. The og female protag!

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
So just for fun, I was working on a spirit for Cynthia and I’m having a little trouble figuring out what effects she could have so far for me it’s either Critical Hit↑↑because of how powerful she is or Sword Attack↑due to her giving you Cut when you first meet her.

Sunny-Zee

Smash Journeyman
You know, with Pokemon Masters, there will probably be a bunch of alts of characters for events and seasons... so that stands to reason we could get a bunch of Cynthia alts....

And I am very ok with this
Uncanny how well Camilla lends herself to Cynthia edits-... This isn’t one of my usual threads to lurk around in... YET. I am all for best Pokémon league champion getting a playable role in Smash, and her being the most prolific champion in terms of appearances gives her more leverage, SO COUNT ME IN!

Ya know, I’m beginning to see a pattern in who I support on these threads. With the exception of Ray from Custom Robo (because robots are cool), they have all been women who are all capable of kicking my tailbone six ways from Sunday.

Yeah, that sounds about right.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Made a Cynthia spirit for fun if you guys wanna check it out:
https://smashboards.com/threads/spirit-battle-ideas.463305/page-7#post-23422454

Uncanny how well Camilla lends herself to Cynthia edits-... This isn’t one of my usual threads to lurk around in... YET. I am all for best Pokémon league champion getting a playable role in Smash, and her being the most prolific champion in terms of appearances gives her more leverage, SO COUNT ME IN!

Ya know, I’m beginning to see a pattern in who I support on these threads. With the exception of Ray from Custom Robo (because robots are cool), they have all been women who are all capable of kicking my tailbone six ways from Sunday.

Yeah, that sounds about right.
Just added to the support list, thank you very much!

smashkirby

Smash Hero
You know, with Pokemon Masters, there will probably be a bunch of alts of characters for events and seasons... so that stands to reason we could get a bunch of Cynthia alts....

And I am very ok with this
Wait, these are Camilla edits, right? Man, it's almost scary how well she lends herself to being a Cynthia look-alike...

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Speaking of gacha games, might as well share this since I’m able to now...

This is the same actress that voiced Dorothea and Shamir in Three Houses. So far I like what I hear of her and I hope she’ll return to voice Cynthia in future Pokémon related media. CoughSmashcough. I’m glad to see how much she loves the character.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I KNOW, RIGHT!? It’s crazy how that works.
Totally...

Speaking of gacha games, might as well share this since I’m able to now...

This is the same actress that voiced Dorothea and Shamir in Three Houses. So far I like what I hear of her and I hope she’ll return to voice Cynthia in future Pokémon related media. CoughSmashcough. I’m glad to see how much she loves the character.
Wait, did she also voice Cynthia in the animated trailer for Pokemon Masters?

smashkirby

Smash Hero
You know, I just realized something... Cynthia and Rosalina have quite a bit in common. Same hair color (Platinum blonde), similar hairstyles (Long, flowing hair with a huge bang covering one eye), similar personalities (Mysterious kind-hearted beauties), and they both went on to be (arguably) one of the most popular female characters in their franchises. Heck, they even debuted in the mid-to-late 2000's.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Man it’s been a while since I’ve been here, should probably finish my move set for her and her Pokémon soon.

Still hoping Cynthia appears somehow in Sword and shield, maybe in the next DLC as thats when Garchomp appears.

BTW, have this amusing tweet.
02EB5B7C-1C1C-4A10-85BB-EB383E087B8F.jpeg

“Allow me to teach you a lesson in pro-PAIN.”

But yeah here’s hoping for her return in SwSh.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I have to ask, does anyone expect Cynthia to appear in Sword and Shield? Honestly, I'm having my doubts...
Guess we’ll have to see when Crown Tundra comes out. It could happen since Garchomp and I believe Spiritomb will be returning.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
To be honest, too, there's also the fact Cynthia is a beauty, adding to a female Pokemon Trainer, one that isn't an alt and rather base.
I can respect that as well.

Also wanna note that her Garchomp (as well as Milotic and Spiritomb) are canonically female as well.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Know the funny thing regarding Cynthia. Given I don't follow or play Pokemon, when I first saw her, I thought she was a villain apparently. At first glance given her black clothes, it's probably easy to mistake. :p

Probably also had to do with the look on her face.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
This is a pipedream pick that I would love to see. Add me to the list
Added! Thank you as well!

Know the funny thing regarding Cynthia. Given I don't follow or play Pokemon, when I first saw her, I thought she was a villain apparently. At first, glance given her black clothes, it's probably easy to mistake. :p

Probably also had to do with the look on her face.
She’s arguably tougher than the actual villains so I don’t fault you there.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I dunno if you guys noticed, but Cynthia actually shows up in the recent Pokémon music video with the other regional champions.
Video for those of you who haven’t seen it yet.
For those who want to get 'stills' of Cynthia as she appears in the M.V...

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Honestly, I'm pretty taken by how this captures her whole 'mysterious beauty' vibe.

Top Bottom