• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Champion of the Sinnoh Pokémon League, Cynthia Accepts Your Challenge!! Cynthia for Ultimate

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Does anyone think Cynthia (or any human Pokemon character, for that matter) still has a shot for Smash Ultimate?

D

Deleted member

I have fond memories about Gen 4.

I would love to place as Cynthia in any game.

T-Donor66

Purple Prizes
NNID
T-Donor66
3DS FC
3050-7765-3759
I like the Garchomp moveset you made, but I really think you should emphasize the “land shark” aspect of him, just to further differentials him from charizard. What if his side B was dig, and he swam through the ground with only his fin sticking out, and upon contact with an enemy, he rises out slamming his head upwards, dealing massive knockback or shield damage?

P.S add me as a supporter!

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I like the Garchomp moveset you made, but I really think you should emphasize the “land shark” aspect of him, just to further differentials him from charizard. What if his side B was dig, and he swam through the ground with only his fin sticking out, and upon contact with an enemy, he rises out slamming his head upwards, dealing massive knockback or shield damage?

P.S add me as a supporter!
Added! And I’ll work on that.

Considering the Inklings run animation, maybe that Dig idea could work as that for her? Otherwise I don’t know how that’d work if she activated it in the air.

Last edited:

T-Donor66

Purple Prizes
NNID
T-Donor66
3DS FC
3050-7765-3759
Added! And I’ll work on that.

Considering the Inklings run animation, maybe that Dig idea could work as that for her? Otherwise I don’t know how that’d work if she activated it in the air.
If dig was actived in the air, it could send Garchomp foward and downwards until he hits ground, and at that point he then burrows and begins the dig attack. Think shulks back slash when I say it sends him foward and downward.
I also think is run animation could be similar to inklings, swimming through the ground and emerging for his dash attack.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
If dig was actived in the air, it could send Garchomp foward and downwards until he hits ground, and at that point he then burrows and begins the dig attack. Think shulks back slash when I say it sends him foward and downward.
I also think is run animation could be similar to inklings, swimming through the ground and emerging for his dash attack.
Sounds fair, I’ll put some more thought into it. Would that send her careening off the stage if there’s nothing to break her dive?

I think what’s making me a bit more hesitant to make it one of her special moves is that Cynthia has never had Dig on her Garchomp and I’m trying to make it as accurate to her team as I can.

T-Donor66

Purple Prizes
NNID
T-Donor66
3DS FC
3050-7765-3759
Sounds fair, I’ll put some more thought into it. Would that send her careening off the stage if there’s nothing to break her dive?

I think what’s making me a bit more hesitant to make it one of her special moves is that Cynthia has never had Dig on her Garchomp and I’m trying to make it as accurate to her team as I can.
I mean I think that direction will get in the way of making the characters interesting and unique, but hey, your thread, your say. Just wanted to throw in my two cents!

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I mean I think that direction will get in the way of making the characters interesting and unique, but hey, your thread, your say.
I’m still more than willing to listen to feedback, and I wanna get better at being open to others ideas as well. I still trying to strike that balance between having unique moveset potential and representing Cynthia faithfully.

T-Donor66

Purple Prizes
NNID
T-Donor66
3DS FC
3050-7765-3759
I’m still more than willing to listen to feedback, and I wanna get better at being open to others ideas as well. I still trying to strike that balance between having unique moveset potential and representing Cynthia faithfully.
My opinion is that as long as it is a move that her Pokemon can canonically learn, and as long as the move fits the Pokemon well (yeah garchomp can learn hidden power, but it doesn’t fit), then it should be fair game! Again, I respect your decision, but I encourage you to consider this. And if you don’t, no hard feelings.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
My opinion is that as long as it is a move that her Pokemon can canonically learn, and as long as the move fits the Pokemon well (yeah garchomp can learn hidden power, but it doesn’t fit), then it should be fair game! Again, I respect your decision, but I encourage you to consider this. And if you don’t, no hard feelings.
Fair enough, at the very least if not her specials then a lot of her normal attacks would resemble moves that fit with Garchomp, I’ll still consider what you’ve said. I also want to better encourage you guys to play around with these ideas as well, it’s entirely possible you guys find stuff that I haven’t considered. I’ll still share my thoughts but I don’t wanna stop you guys from providing your input. Admittedly I haven’t been the best at doing that but I’d like to get better about being more open-minded.

Add me to the supporters list. I think it'd be cool to see another character like Pokemon Trainer.
Added, welcome aboard!

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I never really liked Gen 4, but I always liked Cynthia as a character...

I'll support

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I see this thread still exists :)

I think a new 8th gen pokemon has more chance now, but cynthia would be the best alternate if they dont want to go that route.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I personally still think it’s too recent for a Gen 8 rep. Who knows though.

I might return to working on some more ideas for her soon just for fun though.
The 4th and 5th dlc characters should align to be around and after when it releases, so that's more likely when it'd happen, if it did.

D

Deleted member

Sign me up! I haven’t read it yet, but will do so now.

zferolie

Smash Hero
So with Cynthia as one of the poster children of the Pokemon Masters game(and the first champion they showed in game) I give renewed hope that one day she can get added to smash, with a moveset simular to my idea.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Anyone think Cynthia will appear in Sword and Shield?
She is easily the most popular champion of all of pokemon. She has also appeared in almost every game since 4th gen. Only x and y skipped her. With her a prime figure in masters as well, seeing her in sword and shield is bound to happen

smashkirby

Smash Hero
She is easily the most popular champion of all of pokemon. She has also appeared in almost every game since 4th gen. Only x and y skipped her. With her a prime figure in masters as well, seeing her in sword and shield is bound to happen
And I'm pretty sure X/Y at least referenced her, didn't it?

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Started with Gen 4 and she remains one of my favorite characters in the series. Put me on that support list plz.

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Added. Thank you for your support!
(Also interesting avatar ya got there)
It is a little risque (had to edit it), but I couldn't pass up on this one. You frequently see Pokemon Gun as the third joke game, but bikini armor actually fits the theme and doubles as an RPG trope. Plus, it is Cynthia so that counts for here at least right? :drshrug:

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
It is a little risque (had to edit it), but I couldn't pass up on this one. You frequently see Pokemon Gun as the third joke game, but bikini armor actually fits the theme and doubles as an RPG trope. Plus, it is Cynthia so that counts for here at least right? :drshrug:
Fair, I just found it amusing more than anything.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
I never thought about it, but having a Champion Trainer would be a nice way to represent a part of the Pokemon Games.

And Cynthia is the coolest of the Champions, so I'll support!

Top Bottom