• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Champ Combo Pocket: brawl tournament 2/17! RESULT & VIDS

Charoo

Smash Champion
so yeah. Brawl tournament cause i wanna play new people.

WARNING: I only got one set up so only come if you can handle long waiting. Unless of course more people can bring equipments (free entry).

ADDRESS: 16137 cornuta ave. apt. 9 bellflower ca 90706
there's a gate in front of my apartment so you might have to call me

singles: $5 -$2 for "give money to Champ fee" - Neal
crews: $10 per crews of 5 or teams: $10 (5 per person)

pay out:
60-30-10 for singles and teams
first in crews get everything except second place get their money back

rules:
3 stock
7 min
double elimination
item off
best of 3
best of 5 at winners, losers, and grand finals.
you may ban 1 stage.
reset 1 stage for the first match
seeding will be random except for people who have brawl. They will be seeded just a little higher.
advanced slob pick
no stage can be play twice unless the person who chose it lost there before

teams: team attack is on

crews:
you can reset one stage
if the person chooses a stage then the other person can switch character

stages on random: battlefield, final destination, delfino plaza, battleship halberd, smashville, yoshi's island, lylat cruise, castle siege

counter pick: bridge of eldin, pokemon stadium 2, pictochat, norfair, frigate orpheon, great sea, pokemon stadium, green greens, brinstar, rainbow cruise, corneria, jungle japes

IF YOU DO NOT KNOW THE STAGES NAME THEN JUST ASK ME!!!

everything else is banned. If you have play the game before and can give me a good reason to make the stage available then please tell me. I'm just using my own experience to judge the stages.

SCHEDULE
warm up- 10am-12pm
singles 12pm
crews - if there's time
teams - if there's time

contact info:
562 552 4903
aim: xuerarit

food:

fast food near by are: kfc, el pollo loco, taco bell, del taco, and subway. Those r walking distances of like 5 min. There's a mexican call el picosito also. If you drive like 7 min south of where I live then you'll get to lakewood mall and there's a bunch of food there including chipotle and stuff.

note: if you can bring brawl then you will get a free entry and no need to pay electricity fee. Thanks.

LIMITATION = FIRST COME FIRST BRAWL
it's just a living room so I can't hold that many people here. I say about 20 people max so if the living room is full then I will not let any1 else enter my house. If you are not entering the tourney then please don't come because I only have one set up for brawl.

I'm going to be asking people to pay before they enter the apartment for two simple reason:

so nobody is coming to play friendleys or leech the game play of others.
and
I don't have that much room as I said before so I don't want people to just be there and taking up the room of other people

bring your own controller!!! Wiimotes, nunchuck, classic, and gamecube controller allow! If you don't bring a controller then I'm going to make you use the sideway wii remote set up =p ok i lie. If you don't have a controller then you're out of luck.

1: Gimpyfish (Metaknight)
2: DSF (Pikmin & Olimar)
3: Champ (Snake/Fox)
4: Psycho ****** (Snake)
5: Doppelganger (Zelda)
5: JPTR (Zelda)
7: Noir (Metaknight)
7: Raqu (Ike/Link)
9: WTFJ? (Pikachu)
9: Blitz (Zero Suit Samus)
9: Lucky (Marth)
9: Zenas (Fox/Pit)
13: Resident Waffle (Pit)
13: Aries (Falco)
13: Connor (Marth)
13: DoTM (Metaknight)
17: Nezumi (Pit)
17: Festizzio (Pokemon Trainer)
17: Player 5 (Metaknight)
17: Cheifrocka (Marth)
17: Tomato Soup (Toon Link)
17: Nasty Nate (Diddy Kong)
25: Rayjay 2 (Lucas)

bracket: http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/6342/bracketsx3.gif

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=Gimpyfish62

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Norfair should be a neutral stage ;)

PsychoMidget

Smash Lord
Oooo man I thought you're house was waaaay further I'm sooo going

and champ... I don't remember what you're talking about lol

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
FOR REALS?!

but wait, only one set-up for brawl? I'm gonna be sad again :(

my avatar ***** now xD

RAQU

Smash Apprentice
ima most likely go but i was wondering why Shadow Moses Island is banned (snakes stage)

i dont see any glaring flaws about it. there isnt even a random factor in the stage other than what Metal Gear appears in the background (they dont even do anything) and i dont see any unfair exploits for characters to use on it either. as far as i know those are the 2 reasons stages get banned. i may be wrong.

but anyways i was just wondering why.

ResidentWaffle

Smash Lord
Fox can still infinite waveshine, also due to Dedede chaingrab i think stages with walk off non-slanted walls should be banned.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
The fact that you don't know how big of a deal walls are amuses me. Didn't you want to be ranked?

And D3 can infinite chain grab on walls. I'll let you guess the other reasons.

Charoo

Smash Champion
ima most likely go but i was wondering why Shadow Moses Island is banned (snakes stage)

i dont see any glaring flaws about it. there isnt even a random factor in the stage other than what Metal Gear appears in the background (they dont even do anything) and i dont see any unfair exploits for characters to use on it either. as far as i know those are the 2 reasons stages get banned. i may be wrong.

but anyways i was just wondering why.
the reason I think it should be banned is because of the walls on the side. If it was free or all or teams then the wall do break pretty fast. In singles, the wall stay for quite a while and there's a lot of wall exploit in this game. The wall also really give a big advantage to people that kill people upwards and disadvantage that kill people side ways. When you get pretty good with teching, you can even stay alive forever against people that have bad upward killing too.

also, psycho ******, i was going to have a melee smash fest but them mike y came online and posted that it was cancel. I forgot when that was but I know it was after SCC.

thank you so much for every1 that r bringing brawl. I have 2 tvs total right now so I hope more tvs too.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
do Sunday so children who have school on Friday can go :(

if it's Friday, Squirtle will not be in the character roster right Waffle? :laugh:

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
I hope people will bring more set-ups, I don't want another all night tournament >_<
Also, SUNDAY PLEASE!!! :(

It's on Waffle!!!

cheifrocka

Smash Apprentice
Ok I could make this, two things :

I'm in Redlands, so if anyone that needs a ride is on a (relatively) straight shot from there to Bellflower, lmk and I can hook you up. I've got room for 3 aside from myself.

Also, if we need another TV I can bring one o 'dems as well.

aim : sixguysnamedbiff

PsychoMidget

Smash Lord
Can't let you do that... star fox...

omg gimpy can't win, he's already won half of the brawl tournaments in SoCal lol

Top Bottom