• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Challenger Pack 11 Reaction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
If I had come to the smashboards forum a year earlier I would have been completely right in my prediction because I started out predicting SMT V protag but I changed that prediction when the Mario theme parks popped up to Sora before going back to Nahobino after E3, this isn’t about upset being wrong.

This is just the worst possible outcome(worse than Jonesy)and I am legitimately worried about Nintendo now.
83B39F78-4385-4CB9-9620-F2DA5F478559.jpeg
Uh huh, yeah. Predicted Sora the whole time. Sure thing.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Usually, when you get a sketchy 4Chan leak with info that could be real, a lot of coincidences
that look like they may tie into a character but I’m actually are just pure luck, and people overhyping themselves into oblivion, it doesn’t end well.

But Sakurai’s a miracle worker.
i honestly can't believe legit or not

that post was right lol

Calane

Smash Ace
Well, wasn't THAT a great finisher to Smash Ultimate! Sora looks awesome! I don't really post on Smashboards anymore, but I wanted to jump back in particularly to say congratulations to Nekoo and tehponycorn.

Looks like this awesome drawing Nekoo did actually came true, lol. I'm glad you guys finally got Sora!

Also, congrats to all the Kingdom Hearts/Sora fans out there in general! He looks rad, and even though I've only been able to play 2 KH games (Re:Coded and Dream Drop Distance), I quite like the series myself and am glad to see Sora join Smash! What a great way to end things.

rychu_supadude

Smash Journeyman
If I had come to the smashboards forum a year earlier I would have been completely right in my prediction because I started out predicting SMT V protag but I changed that prediction when the Mario theme parks popped up to Sora before going back to Nahobino after E3, this isn’t about upset being wrong.

This is just the worst possible outcome(worse than Jonesy)and I am legitimately worried about Nintendo now.
You don't even seem to realise that the theme parks are in direct competition with Disney and one of the reasons some people thought this would never happen. (But luckily, money conquers all)

So I'm not sure anyone will lose sleep over not taking your "expert advice". SMT will do absolutely fine and meet all corporate expectations.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Walmart Music theory? I don't remember that.
A few days ago, Walmart started adding Simple and Clean to their store playlists. People who supported the leak proposed the idea this was sly marketing on Disney's part in regards to the final fighter, since they've played other Disney tracks in relation to current events or products. I could totally see this being why now.
Usually, when you get a sketchy 4Chan leak with info that could be real, a lot of coincidences
that look like they may tie into a character but actually are just pure luck, and people overhyping themselves into oblivion, it doesn’t end well.

But Sakurai’s a miracle worker.
Listen people argued about the date, but like I said, if your bull ****ting a date, you don't pick October when September and December were everyone's predictions.

You also don't give yourself a story that actually explains why you knew this info. Not to mention, these presentations are filmed 3 months out usually. Which lined up perfectly for the leak.

It was to many "coincidences" for it to be fake imo.

Willbuysmash4mw

Smash Journeyman
View attachment 333279Uh huh, yeah. Predicted Sora the whole time. Sure thing.
I actually did.

I am pretty sure it was on one of my YouTube accounts that YouTube deleted, but it is still there in cyberspace.

But that post is not about me being right or wrong, it is about my worst fears coming true. Nintendo is compromised like all of the other gaming companies.

Sora is not going to keep Smash Ultimate alive and he will eventually doom the franchise.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I actually did.

I am pretty sure it was on one of my YouTube accounts that YouTube deleted, but it is still there in cyberspace.

But that post is not about me being right or wrong, it is about my worst fears coming true. Nintendo is compromised like all of the other gaming companies.

Sora is not going to keep Smash Ultimate alive and he will eventually doom the franchise.
no, doom’s the mii costume?

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
I actually did.

Yup, absolutely spot on. You’ve cracked the code no one else has. Sora might be the final Smash character, but the only Big Shot here is you.

Just out of curiosity, would you like me to add “Smash is doomed” to your list of other predictions? Since their so infamously great and all?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Doesn't seem like those tweets from Sakurai adressed to his Japanese audience really had any deeper meaning after all lol.
I think they did, it was just the opposite of what we expected.

Because if you're telling the audience they might not recognize the character, and then you add literally the most popular character from the ballot, you're straight up trolling.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
We can spoil Metroid Dread in other threads related to Smash, but commmented about a reaction in a reaction thread needs a spoiler???

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Congratulations to Sora fans!

Not a character I was personally invested in or thought would get in (I thought the "leaks" were bad omens for him, to be honest) but I had many friends who wanted him and he's definitely earned his place. Gameplay wise, though, he looks... kinda broken?

Also I was anti-Doomguy so that Mii costume appealed to my mean streak.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I thought Bayonetta was the one who won the ballot back in Smash 4?
No, she got third in most regions around the world, and was scattered across other placements. They said back then, she was chosen because she was the most reasonable inclusion out of the ballot choices.

Since they would not have had the time or efforts to get Sora at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom