• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Challenger Pack 11 Reaction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willbuysmash4mw

Smash Journeyman
W Willbuysmash4mw
I honestly can't tell if this is concern trolling or not, but if the fate of a game's success rested on that character getting into Smash, it wouldn't have been greenlit in the first place. Smash is ancillary, and SMT got to five fine on their own so far.
As I said, I fully expect SMT V to outsell SMT IV and become the best selling SMT game, but Nahobino in Smash would have multiplied those sales exponentially and SMT V deserves that kind of success.

Instead of that we get a character that is basically only still relevant because he was expected in Smash forever ago and now he will only live on as a Disney cancer cell in Smash while still being gimped from his full potential as a crossover character in the biggest crossover game.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
haha Disney in copyright list.

now we only needed a Dante mii to finish the memes.

I know a Disney copyright wasn’t really a meme I just remember a “Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Deluxe & Knuckles ft. Dante from the Devil May Cry series Sponsored by Disney” type of post I made in the past.

edit: There IS a Dante mii and I forgot; the meme is real :’)

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
If I had come to the smashboards forum a year earlier I would have been completely right in my prediction because I started out predicting SMT V protag but I changed that prediction when the Mario theme parks popped up to Sora before going back to Nahobino after E3, this isn’t about upset being wrong.

This is just the worst possible outcome(worse than Jonesy)and I am legitimately worried about Nintendo now.
Were you the guy betting your foot that it would be Nahobiro because it is the highest selling game never released?

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
As I said, I fully expect SMT V to outsell SMT IV and become the best selling SMT game, but Nahobino in Smash would have multiplied those sales exponentially and SMT V deserves that kind of success.

Instead of that we get a character that is basically only still relevant because he was expected in Smash forever ago and now he will only live on as a Disney cancer cell in Smash while still being gimped from his full potential as a crossover character in the biggest crossover game.
Oh I thought we got a character that was very requested from one of the most popular franchises in the gaming industry. My mistake.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

If you genuinely think people would give a **** if the SMT 5 protag was in smash, then I don't know what to tell you. But they wouldn;t.

The game has a strong fanbase that will carry it. Its not the type of game to have broadened appeal because not everybody likes action rpgs like it. They would see the protag as a shill pick that stole thousands of other characters slots and absolutely hate them.

Just like every FE character. Because that game series falls in a similar boat with its fanbase.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

The way you were going, you'd be ****ting on any character that isn't Nahobino - but these reasons just come across as ridiculous when that character is Sora, and the global ballot winner.

Ivander

Smash Legend
It was mentioned since the beginning that Bayonetta was in the Top 5 for the most realisable characters. Bayonetta obviously wasn't Number 1, but she was still high and was certainly easier to get in compared to the Square Enix + Disney copyright character at the time. Like...I would be shocked and amazed if Sora stayed for the next Smash Bros.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
When Sakurai talked about the legacy/history of first person shooters after the Mii costumes, I thought we might be getting Master Chief. When the Smash logo burned to a single ember, I wasn't sure if we'd be getting Cinderace or a Dark Souls character.

I didn't even think that Sora would happen, given that he's owned by Disney, so seeing that Mickey Mouse keychain was a surprise. (even if that wound up being the only content from Disney movies/cartoons that made it in)

I still haven't played through Kingdom Hearts 2 yet, so I'll try to play through that before Sora comes out. (though Metroid Dread comes out on Friday, which might make that difficult)

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
It was mentioned since the beginning that Bayonetta was in the Top 5 for the most realisable characters. Bayonetta obviously wasn't Number 1, but she was still high and was certainly easier to get in compared to the Square Enix + Disney copyright character at the time. Like...I would be shocked and amazed if Sora stayed for the next Smash Bros.
Top 5 in one region.

It was clear she was not the winner, Nintendo had very crafty language.

Gimmick-Hater

Smash Apprentice
I'm underwhelmed. I wasn't expecting a character I like, and so I wasn't interested in that aspect of the direct. I was honestly just hoping for updates to content currently within the game like the stage builder, and that Adventure mode could possibly sneak it's way into the game. But alas, no.

Also, perhaps it's because I'm so use to playing SSF2, but I found Sora's kit to be underwhelming. A lot of it probably comes down to the fact that it's so similar to the SSF2 version, but even ignoring that fact it just didn't seem that stellar. At least compared to some of the wild move-set theory-crafts I've seen for Sora where he summons giant robots, teacups, etc...

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I don't understand how you could complain about this lmao

I get that not everyone likes Kingdom Hearts but this is what the fans wanted. And even if Sora's not your cup of tea, there's 88 more video game characters in this game. If none of them appeal to you, nothing will.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Soo, who else was like "OH **** IT'S DARK SOULS" when Mario started moving toward the spark of fire? I legit thought it was gonna turn out to be a bonfire.
It would been an amazing trailer if mario just sitted near the ember and he saw chosen undead sitting there as well, resting :D.

Anyways,Dark souls is TT on twitter just for this, so, nope we werent alone thinking dark souls...

Actually hilarious that they can show this, but if they simply got rid of the word "Slayer", they couldn't. xD

The word slayer is keeping this E10.
yeah, is ridiculous... but i think is mostly regarding logos rather than words...

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
You know, with female Byleth getting a different taunt animation and victory animations, and Sora getting an alt. with completely different facial animations...

... I'm now even more disappointed that Terry didn't get his Garou design as an alt. Could have changed some of his hat animations to make it work. What could have been I guess...

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Well, wasn't THAT a great finisher to Smash Ultimate! Sora looks awesome! I don't really post on Smashboards anymore, but I wanted to jump back in particularly to say congratulations to Nekoo Nekoo and tehponycorn.

Looks like this awesome drawing Nekoo did actually came true, lol. I'm glad you guys finally got Sora!

Also, congrats to all the Kingdom Hearts/Sora fans out there in general! He looks rad, and even though I've only been able to play 2 KH games (Re:Coded and Dream Drop Distance), I quite like the series myself and am glad to see Sora join Smash! What a great way to end things.
YOU STILL GOT MY DRAWING OMG.

To think that both of them happened three years later. I can't believe it.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
No but like Sora definitely has the best reveal trailer. No lie. The tension, the build up, the sheer insanity of seeing the Mickey Mouse symbol, him flying around awakening the rest of the cast as Simple and Clean plays.

It absolutely nailed what a big moment it is and also the magic of Kingdom Hearts/Disney and the central themes of both. It's gonna be hard to top that one come next go around.

Willbuysmash4mw

Smash Journeyman
The way you were going, you'd be ****ting on any character that isn't Nahobino - but these reasons just come across as ridiculous when that character is Sora, and the global ballot winner.
Not really, Sora is pretty much the only one I would have cared enough to post this much about.

He is the only Disney character that could get into Smash at this point.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I actually did.

I am pretty sure it was on one of my YouTube accounts that YouTube deleted, but it is still there in cyberspace.

But that post is not about me being right or wrong, it is about my worst fears coming true. Nintendo is compromised like all of the other gaming companies.

Sora is not going to keep Smash Ultimate alive and he will eventually doom the franchise.
Characters don’t keep Smash alive. Players and the community does.

Stop the whineposting.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also spirit events definitely seem to help predict things. Given we have had no sword or blade themed event, its likely we get one now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom