• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Challenger Approaching!!! ROY!! .PAC UP!!!! 12/7/09 at 3:36 AM EST

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Wrong. Isaac hair is in the moveset file. That's the whole point silly.

Like I JUST said, the Isaac hair is NOT a vertex hack! XD

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
No, we can't put it in the costume pac and have it load that way. It's be nice if we could though.

TehSqueeMistro

Smash Apprentice
WOuldn't it be possible to have the Isaac hair altogether with your RoyFailHair into a "FitRoy01.psc/pac" without needing the moveset? Like they did with Cloud, where the complete model can be used without the Moveset.
If that was possible, then royhairfail wouldn't even be needed to begin with, and I believe cloud was just an overall vertex hack with nothing added to the model

Thany

Smash Journeyman
*looks back and forth between her copy of Fire Emblem:Fuuin no Tsurugi
and the pic in the above post*
(Haha. I kid. Someone with my level of fan-girlism has Roy's design, sword included,
COMPLETELY memorized. I don't need to look at the box/manual/Melee model)

Oooh! I know!
The hilt has been reshaped further to look more like the actual
Fuuin no Tsurugi/Sword of Seals! (Particularly the area containing the red gem)

Beautifully too, I might add! :3
Awesome job Mr.TehSqueeMistro (Heh heh. I almost thought your name was
"Teh Mosquito" <:3)

That, and the blade looks longer *drools*

PS. Did some people actually make a Roy hack with Pit's hair?
Can I have a link to a pic of it? Kinda curious as to what it looks like.

TehSqueeMistro

Smash Apprentice
you gets cookie, and I think marth w/ pit hair was just an idea that never came to be...
but, there is a pic made...

yyyeah, it doesn't really work

TehSqueeMistro

Smash Apprentice
yeah... although I'm probably gonna get finished with it once I make whatever last adjustments it needs (I still can't shrink down his cape w/out it looking weird DX)

mariomariofan

Smash Rookie
Hey. I have been trying to download the Roy files so that I can use him on SSBB, but I am having trouble with it. My SD card is not reading the files. When i check it on my computer, the files are there, but the wii is not reading them. What can I do about this? Great job by the way...Roy is Awesome!

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
sure it would take time but it's possible now right? i think what this project needs to be complete is the cape, the voices, for psa it seems perfect but if his down b looked like it used to that would probably be the only psa thing, his hair is always stuck on his head and the color cant be changed

libertyernie

Smash Ace
I think for the sound effects you would have to put them in smashbros_sound.brsar, which is a 102MB file. You would also have to use Riivolution (or ISO editing) to load it. Gecko wouldn't work.

TehSqueeMistro

Smash Apprentice
sure it would take time but it's possible now right? i think what this project needs to be complete is the cape, the voices, for psa it seems perfect but if his down b looked like it used to that would probably be the only psa thing, his hair is always stuck on his head and the color cant be changed
I've tried to vertex edit the cape (like I've mentioned a couple of times), but it always ends up looking weird... I believe Oni K4ge edited the roy psa to get rid of the Isaac hair (but you probably shouldn't use it if you're using my roy fixes other than my royhairfail)

Thany

Smash Journeyman
V3 is up!
Changes made
-NEW Sword of Seals
-Shoulder pads edited
-removed jewel on cape
Oooh! Can I has a pic/link to a pic(of the above changes mentioned)?
I reeeeeeeally wanna see how Roy's come so far, even if it's only
a few teeny tiny minute changes.

...Plus at this rate, I'm never gonna get to play as him in Brawl... ;_;
His screenshots are all that sustain me.

Kinda feels like only being able to see pictures of a loved one, and never actually able to spend time with them.

I count Roy as a loved one :3
Like a long lost big brother or something ;3

TehSqueeMistro

Smash Apprentice
Oooh! Can I has a pic/link to a pic(of the above changes mentioned)?
I reeeeeeeally wanna see how Roy's come so far, even if it's only
a few teeny tiny minute changes.

...Plus at this rate, I'm never gonna get to play as him in Brawl... ;_;
His screenshots are all that sustain me.

Kinda feels like only being able to see pictures of a loved one, and never actually able to spend time with them.

I count Roy as a loved one :3
Like a long lost big brother or something ;3
The shoulder pads

The Jewel-less cape

And you've already seen the sword

Xyn

Smash Cadet
lol i've downloaded the RoyV3 file and took the red costume for fitmarth00, well the hair looked a bit WTF like
i'll post a picture later

Xyn

Smash Cadet
ohh so the RoyV3 version wasn't the vertex hack with hair???
so is there any chance to get the red Roy costume for Marth at least with Marth's hair?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
You can EASILY put it on any other costume by simply renaming the file. >_>

Xyn

Smash Cadet
You can EASILY put it on any other costume by simply renaming the file. >_>
I renamed the FitMarth01 from the RoyV3 file to FitMarth00 but the problem was that only FitMarth00 from that file has the vertex hair

what you're talking about is the regular Roy costume but I want the RED Roy costume

Xyn

Smash Cadet
well, I have absolutely no experiences with Brawlbox so if you tell me how then I will do it.

libertyernie

Smash Ace
Export TextureData[0] from the red costume. Then open the one with vertexed hair, replace its TextureData[0] with the red one, and save it to a new .pac/.pcs.

D1337

Smash Apprentice
Alright, apparently I decided to make an attempt at Roy's hair... And I can't really tell whether it was a brave thing to do, or a stupid thing to do... personally, I think stupid, but what do you guys think?

I cant believe I let this get by me. Kinda weird though... But its a one-slot Roy.
Where is the download to this?
Its no the RoyHairFail is it? D:

Top Bottom