• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Challenger Approaching!!! ROY!! .PAC UP!!!! 12/7/09 at 3:36 AM EST

Azorpatch

Smash Cadet
Wow let me congratulate all of you guys involved in this project, Roy is impressive.

Sorry if I sound n00bish but tell me, is it possible to add Roy as a completely separate character?
I've seen how Brawl+ separates characters like pokemon trainer or samus, could the same thing be done here? Because I've been looking and reading a lot, but so far I haven't found an answer and I can't find the Almas alternative some people talk about.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
You cannot do that. All Almas's alternate loader does is allow you to run both of them without having to take your SD out of your wii. You can't play two different versions of one character yet.

Thany

Smash Journeyman
I might just be a little funny in the head, but recently I find that Ike's Down Smash charging animation looks similar to Roy's Flare Blade charge from Melee.
(How he holds the sword above his head, albeit at an incorrect angle by comparison)

Well...More so than Marth's Down Smash charge, or Ike's Forward Smash charge.

And as for the actual attack itself, the first slash of Ike's Down Smash(the one in front of him) looks like it'd work pretty well...Or his Forward Smash I suppose(still more fond of the Down Smash idea personally)

Oh well. Just an idea if anyone may want to slightly tweak Brawl Roy a bit. :3 8

Xis66

Smash Cadet
F IT! I'ma try it right now see whats up...Any follow ups on...

Fixin the hole in his head and the mysterious disappearing hair trick?
One more thing is the up b. I'm guessing we can't make it more horizontal or improve his come back? Not to be a D-bag but I was just wondering if anyone can answer for those wanting to know (including me) I seen it was asked before but kinda got swamped in productive chat at the time I just feel it could be brought up again now that activity isn't that high....

Xis66

Smash Cadet
Yea I tried out the "balanced" Roy I didn't use him for long though but I found no obvious differences maybe on a technical level he may be different but feels mostly the same.

Xis66

Smash Cadet
awesome sauce! Hope more updates follow! Just keeps getting better and better. really wish anyone could address some of the other things though like the horizontal Up B, recovery and such. Keep up the great work though guys. And thanks!

Bleedorang3

Smash Rookie
How do I install Roy? I have Brawl+ on my SD card. Are there any instructions anywhere cause I for sure cant find any..

Slashy

Smash Lord
All I changed were his attributes, he falls much faster, rises higher, has better stopping power in both the air and ground, and has less landing lag

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
I might just be a little funny in the head, but recently I find that Ike's Down Smash charging animation looks similar to Roy's Flare Blade charge from Melee.
(How he holds the sword above his head, albeit at an incorrect angle by comparison)
Actually, if you could just change the angle he holds the sword on Ike's d-smash charge, and have that animation transition into his f-smash animation on release, you'd have a nearly identical flareblade animation (from the waist up anyway, Ike does some funky stuff with his feet).

Thany

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry in advance for this, but I need to ask something very selfish.

Can someone make a video, and put it on Youtube that shows all of Roy's attacks,
Taunts, Idle animation, and official costumes?
(i.e.his Normal, Red, Blue, Green, and Gold ones from Melee, along with this
fabled "Dark costume" I've heard about? Also, all of the moves don't need
to be shown with each costume, just...say...pausing the game and zooming in
to give a good view of each costume)

Also, if he has different victory poses from Marth, could someone include
those too? I've been very curious about these.

And could it please be very thorough?(Say, each attack being preformed 3 or
so times, possibly with a brief caption saying "Neutral B" or "D-Air")

I just can't find anything on Youtube that shows all of these things,
and believe me, for my Lord I've spent much time searching. /fangirlism

Thank you in advance.

b2j135

Da Bess Pit
NNID
b2j135
3DS FC
3222-5569-3062
I'm sorry in advance for this, but I need to ask something very selfish.

Can someone make a video, and put it on Youtube that shows all of Roy's attacks,
Taunts, Idle animation, and official costumes?
(i.e.his Normal, Red, Blue, Green, and Gold ones from Melee, along with this
fabled "Dark costume" I've heard about? Also, all of the moves don't need
to be shown with each costume, just...say...pausing the game and zooming in
to give a good view of each costume)

Also, if he has different victory poses from Marth, could someone include
those too? I've been very curious about these.

And could it please be very thorough?(Say, each attack being preformed 3 or
so times, possibly with a brief caption saying "Neutral B" or "D-Air")

I just can't find anything on Youtube that shows all of these things,
and believe me, for my Lord I've spent much time searching. /fangirlism

Thank you in advance.
I'll quote this to Fool's Gil, he always does brawl PSA videos anbd stuff

Thany

Smash Journeyman
I has another favour that ties to my earlier one,

Attention creators of the Roy hack;

Can you ask Fool's Gil if he can make a video containing the criteria from
my previous post in the Roy thread?

He says that the creator(s) have to ask/ give the OK for him to make one.

Any and all help will be appreciated. Thank you.

PS. Sorry, but I'm not sure who you guys are...The creators of the hack I mean,
but awesome work! I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE it! :3

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Could you people stop bumping this thread already? Roy is dead. People stopped working on him AGES ago. Seriously. XD

Can this get a lock now? Please?

Matteron

Smash Ace
I know, agroves, what's with you, you made like 20 posts only asking if a project is done, and if there is a download link, not to mention that you revived a lot of threads as well...

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
so it's done balanced no work on roy hair only going over 1 costume, not that it matters for a complete replacement but yeah if it's done i would agree with closing it

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Well, fortwaffles is (or was, seeing as how all progress seems to have halted -_-) on a roy vertex hack...

Revven

FrankerZ
Can this get a lock now? Please?
If it gets locked, it'll be in the deep depths of this forum and then someone will think "Hey! Roy hasn't been done yet! Let me go and make him!" and they'll waste their time, or it'll wind up being terrible. Either way, this shouldn't be locked and the OP should really just be updated with the Roy that has the actual ROY hair and such. But, GoG isn't or hasn't been around recently.

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
well is anyone working on anything of anything for him also its kinda funny to see 12/17/09 and even see the time it was updated lol

agroves

Smash Apprentice
Bridge of Don, Aberdeen, Scotland, Europe, Earth
I know, agroves, what's with you, you made like 20 posts only asking if a project is done, and if there is a download link, not to mention that you revived a lot of threads as well...
oh sorry i didnt know about that ill shut up now :/

Not really 20 posts im just seeing how theyre getting on. I support them all the way and i try to help them even though im pretty much useless.

TehSqueeMistro

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I'm (somewhat) new here, and I've noticed that some (or a lot) of people wanted the hole in the back of marth's head fixed and (as far as i know) no one tried fixing it, so I made this

And as an added bonus, I made this as well

SWORD OF SEALS

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
WOW, thanks dude! Thats awesome! Actually though, since you can vertex hack, why dont you try just making vertex hacked hair? This way, people can use the sephiroth vertex hack, and that naruto guy vertex hack, and others, without having the roy hair on ALL costumes! Please??

TehSqueeMistro

Smash Apprentice
WOW, thanks dude! Thats awesome! Actually though, since you can vertex hack, why dont you try just making vertex hacked hair? This way, people can use the sephiroth vertex hack, and that naruto guy vertex hack, and others, without having the roy hair on ALL costumes! Please??
Your welcome ^_^
I would, but unfortunately I only have a trial version of 3ds max, and my time with it is running short...:urg: I'm really sorry.
But if anyone can tell me of another program I could use, that'd be great

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
...And you even already put them all to the official colors...?

*claps* Thank YOU! XD One less annoyance and plus Roy now has 100% accuracy. Sweet. :3

TehSqueeMistro

Smash Apprentice

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Your welcome ^_^
I would, but unfortunately I only have a trial version of 3ds max, and my time with it is running short...:urg: I'm really sorry.
But if anyone can tell me of another program I could use, that'd be great
Oh I see, well that's alright, this is an advance with the roy project so I'm not complaining :p Thanks for this though, just tried it out, works flawlessly ^_^

Top Bottom