• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CGC presents! ATLANTIC MASTER CUP Date TBA *read update* HUGE VENUE! MELEE ONLY!!!!!

SK919

Deal with it
I'm sorry about the lack of information regarding this tournament's current situation guys. I got behind in school and a little mixed up upstairs. I'll do my best to get the us back on track though. I'll be posting more

Red the Ghost

Smash Ace
I promise I'm not horrible >.>;

I play high tier low tier.

Only characters I don't play are Roy, Peach, Bowser, Mario, Luigi
If you can't find anybody, I'll team with you if it gets another person to come. :D
I play Doc and Falco. Marth, too, but I sort of dropped him because of lack of interest/bad habits. Trainin' mad for this -- focusing mainly on Falco.

Zone

Smash Champion
If you can't find anybody, I'll team with you if it gets another person to come. :D
I play Doc and Falco. Marth, too, but I sort of dropped him because of lack of interest/bad habits. Trainin' mad for this -- focusing mainly on Falco.
I *THINK* my best chars go in this order
Fox, Marth, Captain Falcon, Falco, Shiek, Zelda, Jigglypuff

but honestly I dunno. Anytime someone asks me who I main, I never have an answer. I mean I can even relatively play IC real good if I get enough warm up. grab--> bai bai stock.

Red the Ghost

Smash Ace
Well, versatility is never a bad thing. As long as you aren't stretched too thin and don't improve enough with any of them. ICs are cool. I can't play 'em, though.

Spoon

Smash Journeyman
I *THINK* my best chars go in this order
Fox, Marth, Captain Falcon, Falco, Shiek, Zelda, Jigglypuff

but honestly I dunno. Anytime someone asks me who I main, I never have an answer. I mean I can even relatively play IC real good if I get enough warm up. grab--> bai bai stock.
It's really easy to find yourself in this sort of conundrum if you don't have one character you're dead set on improving or having an exceptional interest in. The more you go to tournies though, the more you'll realize how much and how little you can do with who, and your selection will soon be narrowed down to focusing on either your best or favorite characters.

I used to be that kinda guy too, with a buncha high/top tier chars that I could play, but the more I played good people the more I realized I really only had an idea what I was doing with Marth, and now I'm just focused on making him, Falco, and C.Falcon good. :)

And maybe Sheik for doubles with Slasher

Zone

Smash Champion
Zone, I'll team with you. I play a mediocre IC. They're like, my only good char though. Or, at least the only ones i really care about.
Well he did say if I can't find anybody. So we can team! But up to him. IT seemed like he didn't want to team unless he has to.

It's really easy to find yourself in this sort of conundrum if you don't have one character you're dead set on improving or having an exceptional interest in. The more you go to tournies though, the more you'll realize how much and how little you can do with who, and your selection will soon be narrowed down to focusing on either your best or favorite characters.
Well since what happened @ Melee Gigs. I either am better as Zelda, or everyone doesn't know how to fight her. I mean I was winning matches against people I was losing to pretty consistently. I *HAD* that kind of interest in Zelda a while back, But then I got tired of realizing I'll never get too far sticking with her. So I'm expanding my horizons. At one point (Not so much anymore) I could powershield falco's lasers 90% consistency(Onry Zelda).

Vilt

Smash Lord
Okay. So when is this again? I seriously need to know cause I am going into Super Sayajin 3 Planning Mode for HERB 3 now and I would like to space this nicely with HERB 3. I got ALOT of work to do for HERB 3 and if I set dates I will not be able to go back on them.

Vilt

Smash Lord
Thinking about it PP. But I really wanted it in March. Still in the planning process and I am willing to take any suggestions.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
If you have it in March, then no one is gonna want to go. They will have been to Pound 4, then we'll have a big Melee-only thing, then the third consecutive month you want people coming back here? No one will do that.

We'll have a bad turnout, at the very least.

Vilt

Smash Lord
If you have it in March, then no one is gonna want to go. They will have been to Pound 4, then we'll have a big Melee-only thing, then the third consecutive month you want people coming back here? No one will do that.

We'll have a bad turnout, at the very least.
I said I wanted to, not going to (only cause it would have been like HERB's birthday. xD). I'm more worried on time constraints, scheduling **** right, online registration, livestream, hotel deals for the smashers.

Most important of all, if HERB 3 is ready for the 3 day tourney mark or not, cause that is going to cost me a hefty amount of money.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
3 day tourney? No way man. That's.....I dunno. I feel like our turnouts haven't been big enough for that yet, and it's still too close to Pound 4 to be trying for a national then imo.

Vilt

Smash Lord
3 day tourney? No way man. That's.....I dunno. I feel like our turnouts haven't been big enough for that yet, and it's still too close to Pound 4 to be trying for a national then imo.
I personally flee like Barwl is just going to get bigger anyway and that ***** takes too ****ing long. It drives me insane that we didn't even get to finish barwl last HERB and that M2K and Meep split. INSANE bro. You have no idea the stress that not being able to finish after all the work you put into it. I punched a brick wall that I was so pissed. I don't even care if HERB 3 goes national, I'm willing to do anything to make sure every match that should have been played out GETS played out. And I am a bit of a business man so I have a plan to hopefully get a third day for whatever venue I get cheap.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
yo vilt. tons of people wont be able to come to herb3 if its 3 day. i mean even in the summer, people have work and stuff. pound 4 just happened to pick the perfect date where its a holiday that most people have off but its not important at all so nobody will be doing anything that day. good luck finding another date like that.

just stick to 2 day. i know its annoying **** didn't finish on time but we just need to bring more setups and stuff next time. i mean most pools on brawl day only had 1 tv. of course it took long. more setups and tbh i dont think online reg is really that important, but i can understand that you want it.offer compensation to anyone who brings setups because that **** is really what holds up tournies. just my point of view on the matter

BEHR

Smash Hero
lol

Charlie yuh two days.

the best things you can do is buy your own tvs like 30 or 20 of them already bought with your money so we dont have to worry about tvs.If we have 20 or 30 tvs that we already have and other people will bring some more we should be straight for two events.

Then all we need is for people to bring cubes/wiis.

Im certain if we have enough tvs we should finish on time in a 2 day schedule.

Vilt

Smash Lord
Behr that's smart. Awesome Idea. Can I store 20 TVs at your house? :D <.<

Stingers, Good point and thank you for bring that up. I don't go to school so that didn't even ring a bell. Honestly the third day is going to be the day before HERB and really only going to be like a night for people who already come early to have fun, bring their setups and just all around chill. Like a pre-HERB smashfest at the venue so that pretty much early people can get registration done and just have a good time with everyone instead of doing the same thing in a room or someone's house.

Enough HERB talk.

SET THIS DATE!

I wanna ask off from work for this *****.

BEHR

Smash Hero
Behr that's smart. Awesome Idea. Can I store 20 TVs at your house? :D <.<

Stingers, Good point and thank you for bring that up. I don't go to school so that didn't even ring a bell. Honestly the third day is going to be the day before HERB and really only going to be like a night for people who already come early to have fun, bring their setups and just all around chill. Like a pre-HERB smashfest at the venue so that pretty much early people can get registration done and just have a good time with everyone instead of doing the same thing in a room or someone's house.

Enough HERB talk.

SET THIS DATE!

I wanna ask off from work for this *****.
My dad has a storage. o 3o

I thought your dad has a storage also?

stingers

Smash Obsessed
you could offer compensation to anyone who brings a full setup (tv, wii/gamecube, brawl, melee) like that one tournament is doing. i forget what tournament it is but I know that they're giving 5 bucks to anyone who brings a full setup. i think it was foxy's ncsu tourney? anyway, it would encourage people to bring their stuff and it would cost less $ then buying a bunch of tvs by yourself.

Vilt

Smash Lord
Lawl. Yeah too bad Foxy's is at NCSU. I gotta pay for my venue and I am pretty sure Foxy does not. If he doesn't then I'd like to know where he is getting the money to pay $5.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
yea just an idea. i mean people wont bring tvs unless they get something out of it. cuz they're douches.

Vilt

Smash Lord
Not Bill. He brought a lot of **** and still paid venue fee at HERB2. I love that bro. I will offer some kind of compensation next one.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
man bill and karn seriously had like 7 tvs or something. wtf @.@ how do they fit that many tvs in 2 cars

Foxy

Smash Master
you could offer compensation to anyone who brings a full setup (tv, wii/gamecube, brawl, melee) like that one tournament is doing. i forget what tournament it is but I know that they're giving 5 bucks to anyone who brings a full setup. i think it was foxy's ncsu tourney? anyway, it would encourage people to bring their stuff and it would cost less $ then buying a bunch of tvs by yourself.
Yeah, it's my tourney, although Bill is using it too. (it was Killer's idea)

Lawl. Yeah too bad Foxy's is at NCSU. I gotta pay for my venue and I am pretty sure Foxy does not. If he doesn't then I'd like to know where he is getting the money to pay $5.
Thankfully, we found a good and free venue.

We obviously therefore don't have a "venue fee" but we do have a "door fee".

It directly goes to funding the $5 for setups, and if there isn't enough, it'll come out of my pocket, and if there's more, it will be spent on tourney accomodations.

Red the Ghost

Smash Ace
I just noticed something:

The loser of the first match will announce a new stage to play on for the next game. The winner will then be allowed to swoneitch characters, followed by the loser. Apply the same logic for the third match (and fourth/fifth when applicable) if there is one. (Advanced Slob Picks)
The winner will then be allowed to swoneitch characters,
swoneitch
How the hell did you manage that? :laugh:

Top Bottom