• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Central Florida Brawl PR THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
After the problems arose. It is easy to be "Hey, these guys messed up!" then to take initiative before hand and prevent the problem.

Exdeath

Smash Master
After the problems arose. It is easy to be "Hey, these guys messed up!" then to take initiative before hand and prevent the problem.
He volunteered because he believes that there is a better way; he didn't blame anyone.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Whoever wants to be! That is the point! Nobody took initiative when Seibrik asked, and now they are complaining and wanting separation. What kind of BS is that? How can CFL act like they have been treated unfair when they haven't put ANY effort into creating the actual PR?

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
Honestly id like gdx to do it. I would do it but I don't know too much on things and I look after enough threads in the Peach area. If it gets to a point I wouldn't care about what people think.

Noa.

Smash Master
I second Kyon's nomination for GDX as a panelist.

Of course that if he wants to do it.

and the TX PR isn't too bad.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
wasnt gdx the one saying he honestly doesnt give a **** about prs?

why would someone who doesn't care about something, invest his time and energy into it just for the sake of a bunch of winers, then when the PRs come out, get *****ed at by people, which is innevitable in every PR made.

the people who are COMPLAINING are the ones who should step up to be a panelist

hrnut/halberd would be my first picks tbh

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
So i thought about this and realized something as I was taking a shower

I realized that SFL is actually a whole lot more united than any part of FL in all honesty. Perhaps they do get to play each other a whole lot more in tourney than any other part of FL does but that doesn't change the fact how they place out of SFL. In reality those who say CFL should be ranked higher but due to sfl bias they can't aren't saying CFL in general but rather themselves in particular. CFL should really do their part in helping each other out in friendlies and such with other people b4 posting on here about johns.

When I went to wato, the only time i got to play serious matches were either in tourney or in MMs. The only time I was able to do serious friendlies were with people who aren't even PR'd. If I play you in friendlies, I don't want to play your **** falco when your main is mk or if your main is ness but you go game and watch instead. That stuff is irritating when I live 2 hours away to get to a good tournament in order to get smash practice other than with masky/ryo. From now on I'm just doing $2 MMs with EVERYONE. At first I was reluctant to do MMs but at this point if I have to lose money in order to get better in mus so be it. so if you want to play me go ahead. Wasting my time only takes away from the practice i could be getting and from the bs that this thread has to go through when someone johns about Pr placements. Xaltis beat hr only because he plays with people on the PR consistently in friendlies back home.

so for the tl:dr people, in general, stop johning and play other people that want to get better in friendlies that you play well (dont sandbag). Don't be selfish and then pretend the cause of the situation is because of something else.

oh and ty to those I did MM, seibs,hr,yele, and the other kid i mm'd with my falco, that helped me a lot.

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
Well im glad to know I played you with my Peach then. But in the shower? That's hot.... and cool lol. I don't really try to hard in friendlies unless asked to. Plus I was doing the tourny XD

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
I was only able to friendly Aglow at WATO

I was gonna play you DewDaDash but I got called for a Melee match. I apologize for that.

Also, after coming back from break, Brawl singles started

then my ride had to go early so I had to leave.

:(

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
Well im glad to know I played you with my Peach then. But in the shower? That's hot.... and cool lol. I don't really try to hard in friendlies unless asked to. Plus I was doing the tourny XD
Well i understand people wont play at tourney level in friendlies but you played peach, your main char. so im happy :)

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
i play people all the time at tourny level in friendlies and mm's now, just cause im less worried about people getting good enough to beat me, and more worried about getting better myself so i can do better come mlg. :)

so no need to mm me unless ur out to prove something :)

like i REALLY only like mming with wario to prove that wario is freakin amazing (xept vs dewdadash's ddd :p), or with mk to earn back the money i lose with wario ;)

OverLade

Smash Hero

I realized that SFL is actually a whole lot more united than any part of FL in all honesty. Perhaps they do get to play each other a whole lot more in tourney than any other part of FL does but that doesn't change the fact how they place out of SFL. In reality those who say CFL should be ranked higher but due to sfl bias they can't aren't saying CFL in general but rather themselves in particular. CFL should really do their part in helping each other out in friendlies and such with other people b4 posting on here about johns.

When I went to wato, the only time i got to play serious matches were either in tourney or in MMs. The only time I was able to do serious friendlies were with people who aren't even PR'd. If I play you in friendlies, I don't want to play your **** falco when your main is mk or if your main is ness but you go game and watch instead. That stuff is irritating when I live 2 hours away to get to a good tournament in order to get smash practice other than with masky/ryo. From now on I'm just doing $2 MMs with EVERYONE. At first I was reluctant to do MMs but at this point if I have to lose money in order to get better in mus so be it. so if you want to play me go ahead. Wasting my time only takes away from the practice i could be getting and from the bs that this thread has to go through when someone johns about Pr placements. Xaltis beat hr only because he plays with people on the PR consistently in friendlies back home.

so for the tl:dr people, in general, stop johning and play other people that want to get better in friendlies that you play well (dont sandbag). Don't be selfish and then pretend the cause of the situation is because of something else.

oh and ty to those I did MM, seibs,hr,yele, and the other kid i mm'd with my falco, that helped me a lot.
I knew I was going to play you first round in tourney (I reviewed the bracket) which is why I used Falco lol.

Anyway you're right enough. But atm Tampa is the only region I'm concerned with helping out as we have a lot of catching up to do. We actually made a legit showing at this tourney but placings clearly say we need to step it up significantly.

If I have a chance to practice with Orlando I will but I don't intend to help out a region that's directly competing against my region yet. I'm not trying to sound like a ****, I'm just trying to raise my community in a healthy way. Anyone who saw Ganja or Mattt play knows how much potential we have but I need them to get better without being discouraged, as both of them lack a lot of confidence.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick

This post is selfish as ****.
If somebody uses their secondary against you in friendlies, it's because friendlies are used for PRACTICE! If I mained Ness, but I wanted to pick up GW for DDD, and you friendly me with DDD, I'm going to go ****ing GW. Just because YOU want serious practice, doesn't mean the other person doesn't want serious practice too. Don't be so selfish about stuff like this.

I knew I was going to play you first round in tourney (I reviewed the bracket) which is why I used Falco lol.

Anyway you're right enough. But atm Tampa is the only region I'm concerned with helping out as we have a lot of catching up to do. We actually made a legit showing at this tourney but placings clearly say we need to step it up significantly.

If I have a chance to practice with Orlando I will but I don't intend to help out a region that's directly competing against my region yet. I'm not trying to sound like a ****, I'm just trying to raise my community in a healthy way. Anyone who saw Ganja or Mattt play knows how much potential we have but I need them to get better without being discouraged, as both of them lack a lot of confidence.
So... you don't wanna get FL as a whole better... so that when your area goes to other tournaments, they don't get as good practice as if they just played you? Why take them to tournaments? Just have a day to play you. Orlando obviously isn't worth it, and who am I to tell you how to "raise your community".

I love CFL.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
This post is selfish as ****.
If somebody uses their secondary against you in friendlies, it's because friendlies are used for PRACTICE! If I mained Ness, but I wanted to pick up GW for DDD, and you friendly me with DDD, I'm going to go ****ing GW. Just because YOU want serious practice, doesn't mean the other person doesn't want serious practice too. Don't be so selfish about stuff like this.

So... you don't wanna get FL as a whole better... so that when your area goes to other tournaments, they don't get as good practice as if they just played you? Why take them to tournaments? Just have a day to play you. Orlando obviously isn't worth it, and who am I to tell you how to "raise your community".

I love CFL.
How is my post being selfish? I went DDD on just about everyone, with only 1 person as an exception cuz he wanted to mm my falco. I don't see why you would go G&W against someone you've played only perhaps once the year before. There's a time and place to practice that garbage. If he wanted to practice that mu, hell play seibs back in miami with that. If you want to practice falco, call yele to get out of his room. I don't understand why the mentality is to keep knowledge to your specific area rather than the whole state. I would much rather see all of FL placing well at nationals then only a select few that only care about their little region

@ red: so you purposely went falco so that I wouldn't be able to read your style? If I knew about the bracket beforehand i wouldve just refused to play u if thats the case. But w/e I sandbagged that anyways knowing from the beginning you were sandbagging w/ falco. I don't remember but im pretty sure I played Matt or someone else from tampa. I played with my main a couple of times just for the sake of playing, I didn't gain anything from it. But with your mindset, I probably should of avoided them or just play pikachu or something.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
How is my post being selfish? I went DDD on just about everyone, with only 1 person as an exception cuz he wanted to mm my falco. I don't see why you would go G&W against someone you've played only perhaps once the year before. There's a time and place to practice that garbage. If he wanted to practice that mu, hell play seibs back in miami with that. If you want to practice falco, call yele to get out of his room. I don't understand why the mentality is to keep knowledge to your specific area rather than the whole state. I would much rather see all of FL placing well at nationals then only a select few that only care about their little region
I want to learn MK for the DDD MU. I will play MK vs. you if I play you in tournament, unless I get wrecked. Why would I NOT use my MK against you in friendlies? (Scenario. **** MK.)

If you want everybody to play their mains against you, you better tell them this beforehand.
"Hey, can I play your main? I know you might want to practice a second, but I really want to play you at your best since I never play you."

Not quite like that, but you should get the gist of it.

OverLade

Smash Hero
In SFL you have this "FL as a whole mentality". Your region is better than everyone else so of course you can say that.

You guys dont need practice from me to place well at MLG, SFL is a well oiled and self sufficient machine. Tampa can be as well and I intend to make it that way.

Oh and also I'm taking the 08 Seibrik mindset, and I'm not going to let people beat me just for the sake of my region. You guys will be fine without me to practice against.

I'll only train Hrnut because I need another MK to help me knock out SFL...

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
I want to learn MK for the DDD MU. I will play MK vs. you if I play you in tournament, unless I get wrecked. Why would I NOT use my MK against you in friendlies? (Scenario. **** MK.)

If you want everybody to play their mains against you, you better tell them this beforehand.
"Hey, can I play your main? I know you might want to practice a second, but I really want to play you at your best since I never play you."

Not quite like that, but you should get the gist of it.
You don't think I didn't? I asked red to pick mk and hes just like nah. I asked shaky as to why hes not going ness and he just replies I dont do that MU anymore. Why would you not use the mk against me in friendlies? cuz its a waste of my time. Why don't I just go falco against your zss in friendlies and just waste your time? Nothing is productive, its just a bunch of bs. If you want to try another character, It'd be better to play those characters after the 2 or 3 matches with your main IMO. that would be more reasonable and acceptable then being like nope, he doesnt deserve practicing my main.

Not everyone is fortunate to have 10x good brawl players around there scene, others have to just deal with the 1 or 2 other people in their community and practice with them. Not all MUs can be learned like this which becomes a problem.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
we didnt always have this many good players

there was a time cfl was higher rated then sfl, or at least even

we were just the first region to have a high level player (me) care enough about the community to play everyone (as in i traveled myself to other players houses consistantly) to get them better and tell them what they're doing wrong, evne to go as far as how they could be doing better against me specifically, what they should be looking for in me, and what they should look for wen playing other, worse players.

i didn't just teach my region how to beat me, or how to beat mk, i taught them how to beat other regions.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
we didnt always have this many good players

there was a time cfl was higher rated then sfl, or at least even

we were just the first region to have a high level player (me) care enough about the community to play everyone (as in i traveled myself to other players houses consistantly) to get them better and tell them what they're doing wrong, evne to go as far as how they could be doing better against me specifically, what they should be looking for in me, and what they should look for wen playing other, worse players.

i didn't just teach my region how to beat me, or how to beat mk, i taught them how to beat other regions.
you didnt show me your flaws :(

but I did get to play the MU so for that I'm grateful =)

Renki

Smash Journeyman
Some have no one to practice with

I would make the trip(I think you live somewhat close to kyon?) if I knew what days/times you were free. I'm one of the few in CFL who actually drives a good distance just to practice. :\

And, I want to get better. If it means I gotta drive an hour distance twice a week or so, so be it.

Gotta agree with Seibrik. I've played majority of the top people in CFL, and the ONLY person who EVER gave me pointers in a match or told me what I could do to his character is Kyon. And I STILL can't beat his Peach, but I plan on working on it soon, and he's more than willing to help me out.

We 'could' potentially be as good as SFL if we actually cared about each other(not saying everyone is this way, but it's obvious who is and who isn't.)

OverLade

Smash Hero

And this is what I'm doing in Tampa...yet suddenly I'm selfish...

edit:
Oh course, FL as a whole is what's important eh Seibs? Not JUST SFL CUZ THEY'RE THE ONLY PEOPLE I TRAIN...

Renki

Smash Journeyman
My bad, D-Torr. You did tell me that I could Tilt lock ZSS. I did know that beforehand, but I thought she could easily escape it so it didn't matter. Not trying to take away your helping me. I need to learn the ZSS matchup too. :\ <3 Pretty please with a John Morrison on top?

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
i sorry dtors!

i was also pooped after finals, so sorry to anyone that might have wanted to play. only had 3 hours sleep stayin up all night playin bs matches with m2k lolz

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
You don't think I didn't? I asked red to pick mk and hes just like nah.This isn't what you said before. This is just Halzy being a "cool guy"... or a jerk. I asked shaky as to why hes not going ness and he just replies I dont do that MU anymore.If you asked, he should have played Ness. At least a couple of times. Why would you not use the mk against me in friendlies? cuz its a waste of my time.How is it a waste of your time? One might say since I'm the better player, playing you with ZSS is a waste of MY time. Doesn't that sound super friendly? Same as you, buddy. Why don't I just go falco against your zss in friendlies and just waste your time?If you want to learn the Falco/ZSS MU, go ahead. It would be stupid and selfish for me to expect you to play whatever character I want, without giving you a chance to play who YOU want. Nothing is productive, its just a bunch of bs. If you want to try another character, It'd be better to play those characters after the 2 or 3 matches with your main IMO. that would be more reasonable and acceptable then being like nope, he doesnt deserve practicing my main.See, this is truth. If you asked for a specific character, and they blew you off, they're just being inconsiderate of you, and thinking you are "under" them. if you asked me to play ZSS, and I wanted to play MK, I'd go with both, the order depending on who asked who for friendlies.

Not everyone is fortunate to have 10x good brawl players around there scene, others have to just deal with the 1 or 2 other people in their community and practice with them. Not all MUs can be learned like this which becomes a problem.We didn't always have this many good players. I remember when Seibrik was the only ranked player who would play me, and he was #6!
Umm, yeah. I may have misunderstood some of what happened. My bad. I still love you~

Gindler

Smash Champion
D-torr's not high enough, he defeated the all mighty Gindler in tourney afterall

Now I can namesearch this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom