• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Central Florida Brawl PR THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hai Im Fearless

Smash Lord
Yeah, david's pretty good at making ppl better.

The one thing I like about sfl better than cfl is their collective "play-to-win" type of mindset. Here in CFL, you get laughed at for playing metaknight, and no one will give you any critique because you win with metaknight "just because it's mk \ hes broken \ hes easy"

Lookin at you, hrnut

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
Ok got a little off topic.

Who's going to be CFL panelist?

Currently my opinion is, I'm not allowing this thread. Seibrik has extended the opportunity to help "fix" the PRs. Now someone from CFL needs to do their part.

Oh and Mod cares about this thread because it's one more drama packed thread I don't have to take care of. I care about FL because being a unified state is important to me.

Exdeath

Smash Master
Yeah, david's pretty good at making ppl better.

The one thing I like about sfl better than cfl is their collective "play-to-win" type of mindset. Here in CFL, you get laughed at for playing metaknight, and no one will give you any critique because you win with metaknight "just because it's mk \ hes broken \ hes easy"

Lookin at you, hrnut
If you aren't already good with MK or Red Halberd in CFL, it is very difficult to become a top player without using other characters. The only MK main in FL who is willing to teach is Seibrik.

Something else is that CFL in general is bad at training. When we meet to practice, there is some talking/reasoning/etc. but for the most part we just play/have fun/etc. I've been traveling 5+ hours every week for practice, yet I learned more about playing MK while watching M2K play in person and playing against him (for some reason, I just can't absorb videos and in some cases on small televisions; it has to be in person or I can only note their move selection) than I have in months of effort.

I went from being two stocked by Seibrik last month to taking M2K to his last stock, largely from what I learned about the MK ditto this past weekend. I picked up Diddy in the middle of a tournament this past Monday, practiced with M2K, Radix, and Gallax, asked a lot of questions, and as a result I was capable of taking games off of Radix' and Gallax' MK by the end of the tournament. CFL needs to train and adopt better mindsets; FL in general has insane amounts of potential and we are only getting better.

And this is what I'm doing in Tampa...yet suddenly I'm selfish...

edit:
Oh course, FL as a whole is what's important eh Seibs? Not JUST SFL CUZ THEY'RE THE ONLY PEOPLE I TRAIN...
The difference is that Seibrik teaches anybody, anywhere. Fearless and I went to SFL for training and Seibrik spent a solid hour or two just playing and talking with Fearless, showing him what to do, etc. Fearless went on to get third place in that tournament, losing last hit to Nick Riddle and Seibrik.

gallax

Smash Hero
I beat radix 2-0 in winners semi's and then 3-1 in losers finals this weekend. Add it to my record!!!!!!!!!!

Btw, ive already said this and i will say it again. I am training people who live in CFL. I have a car and will travel(not too far mind you). radix will help train. Me and fear have been training and i know for d@mn sure hes gotten better and so have i. Raz is training again with me and fear. If anyone else wants to train give me a godd@mn call and i will see what i can do. Xyz is the only one who evers texts me and sometimes dragon. Xdeath does his part very well of trying to get better and takes all the initiative to practice, as well as dtorr.

Gdx needs to step it up for us. If he really wanted to get people better he would travel instead of saying come over to my place. Im willing to travel. Same for you hrnut. I know you have to work but dude, call someone OTHER THAN RAZ WHO DOESNT EVEN PLAY OFTEN AT TOURNIES ANYMORE. I am always finding out like 2 days later that you were training with raz and garb for for a few days and then left. CALL OTHER PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!! Garb doesnt enter brawl tournies ever(exception beign hooters) and raz rarely goes now because of work. There are other people like me and radix and fearless who need to get better. Im sure kyon wants to paly with you more too.

Garbonzo- Start entering tournies. Your ic's are freaking ****. Btw, help us train. Ur good.

tl;dr - I wanna get people better and try my best to set time to go to their place AND offer my room to anyone. If CFL wants to get better text me. Hrnut, when u come around call someone other than raz to let us know u r here to play. Gdx, start traveling 5-10 mins to my place, tony's place, or fears place, or razs place please. Ur tv's r laggy. Kyon, stop using peach lol.

To EVERYONE- if you cant drive, give me a call. i will help u find a way to train. but, u HAVE TO CALL OR TEXT

If CFL really wants to get to SFL level be serious about it. Me and radix and fear are.

My number 772-579-3046

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
Stop using Peach? Is that really all you had to say about me? How sad. Well sir I want to remind you people do have jobs and such. So some are tired and don't want to drive anywhere. Which I find understandable. I honestly don't like asking for rides cause it makes me feel more uesless than I already do. Im sure Hrnut and Gdx understand what what im saying. And I'll never stop using Peach.

exarch

doot doot doot
gallax for panelist.

So at this point this thread seems to me to be a CFL isn't good enough so we'll make our own PR. Which I'm not allowing. Because I said so.

Seibrik said he'd be fine keeping this list in the overall FL rankings thread.

I am leaving this thread open for now so y'all can figure out who will be the panelist for CFL.
If discussion is not on this topic, I'm closing this thread.

This thread is going to be closed in the near future one way or another. If you want to have a place to figure who the panelist will be, this is your opportunity.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
I also don't generally mind them discussing it with the rest of FL in either the FL pr thread, or the FL social.

that's kinda the point of those threads anyways...

gallax

Smash Hero
I picked up Diddy in the middle of a tournament this past Monday, practiced with M2K, Radix, and Gallax, asked a lot of questions, and as a result I was capable of taking games off of Radix' and Gallax' MK by the end of the tournament. CFL needs to train and adopt better mindsets; FL in general has insane amounts of potential and we are only getting better.

This is exactly what im talking about. Taking initiative. Exdeath will soon be top5 in CFL if he keeps it up. Me and radiX are willing to train. Good stuff exdeath.

And I'll never stop using Peach.
Dang lol. I tried.

gallax for panelist.
Hrnut should be the panelist. hes seen what CFL has to offer and i hope can be unbiased.

exarch

doot doot doot
Ok so we're good then now.

Take all discussion from here and insert it back into the FL rankings thread, let's all be one big happy family again.

Also I think Viper would be a good addition to the panel too, just kinda as a closing thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom