• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Casual Stages You'd Like to See

SunJester

Smash Ace
Let me preface this with saying P:M has a great selection of stages, especially competitive ones. But in this thread, we are going to talk about that Page 2. With the inclusion of Peach's Castle to P:M we can assume that they are still interested in bringing back some of the older, less competitive stages. What stages (that are not currently in the gamepokefloats) would you like to see included?

I'm aware some of them might not be feasible due to stage hazards and the like, but lets pretend for a moment. And I'm also aware that this won't necessarily be taken seriously. And I'm also aware you can revert stages back to their Brawl counterparts (but some of us don't want to lose the stages they've also replaced)

For your reference stages either not present, no spiritual successor (Sector Z -> Corneria) or drastically changed from Brawl.

Super Smash Brothers:
  • Mushroom Kingdom
  • Peach's Castle
  • Planet Zebes
  • Yoshi's Island
Super Smash Brothers Melee
  • Brinstar Depths
  • Flat Zone
  • Great Bay
  • Green Greens
  • Icicle Mountain
  • Mushroom Kingdom I
  • Mushroom Kingdom II
  • Kongo Jungle
  • Mute City
  • Pokéfloats
  • Venom
  • Yoshi's Island

Super Smash Brothers Brawl
  • 75m
  • Bridge of Eldin
  • Distant Planet (Brawl Version)
  • Green Hill Zone (Brawl Version)
  • Hanenbow
  • Luigi's Mansion
  • Mario Bros
  • Mario Kart Circuit
  • Mushroomy Kingdom
  • New Pork City
  • Norfair (Brawl Version)
  • Rumble Falls (Brawl Version)
  • Spear Pillar
  • Wario Ware Inc. (Brawl Version)

Personally I'd really like to see, Great Bay, Mushroom Kingdom II, Pokefloats, and Luigi's Mansion to be present again.

crabsmack

Smash Cadet
Brinstar Depths, Pokefloats, and Bridge of Eldin would definitely be the most fun.

Tweezer Salad

Smash Apprentice
Great Bay

But I don't want the swimming mechanic, that would take away the dangerous fun that I love so much about the stage.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
  • 75m
  • Bridge of Eldin
  • Distant Planet (Brawl Version)
  • Green Hill Zone (Brawl Version)
  • Hanenbow
  • Luigi's Mansion
  • Mario Bros
  • Mario Kart Circuit
  • Mushroomy Kingdom
  • New Pork City
  • Norfair (Brawl Version)
  • Rumble Falls (Brawl Version)
  • Spear Pillar
  • Wario Ware Inc. (Brawl Version)
Wait, there's a difference from Mario Circuit and PM Mario Circuit? Or is that the stage they're cutting to make room for Peach's Castle Melee? I'm confused.

Kati

Smash Lord
Sector Z plays out so differently from Corneria, I can't even think of the latter as a spiritual successor.

splat

Smash Lord
1. Green Greens (Melee) - I really enjoy this stage in casual play, random bomb block incidents had me laughing tons of times.
2. Luigi's Mansion (Brawl) - I'd like to see Luigi get his home stage back, but made a bit less gimmicky: the pillars shouldn't absorb projectiles, for example.

Those two would be my only picks. Well, perhaps Kongo Jungle (Melee) as well.

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
Planet Zebes - Was one of my favorites in 64, and I've never felt like the other Samus levels have been able to recreate what made that stage so great.
Sector-Z - I know there's Corneria, but honestly, I loved how massive this map was in 64.

Great Bay - Was just such an awesome level, I'd love to see that come back.
Kongo Jungle - another one I loved, this stage was so fun in 2 v 2. (I'm talking about the Melee one).
Pokefloats - How can you not love this level? XD

Mushroomy Kingdom
Luigi's Mansion
Spear Pillar
75 m

I miss all four of those. I know they're a mess competitively, but man, they're so much fun when you're messing around with your friends.

OMalley

Smash Cadet
pokefloats, Pokefloats, POKEfloats, POKEFLOATS, POKEFLOATS!
i always loved playing that when i was younger, i understand why its not too feasible, but it'd be hella fun

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
Sector Z, definitely, and NPC. I also sorta miss Brinstar Depths, but I acknowledge that it was a terrible stage, and in fact I only enjoyed it because of how much of a troll pikachu could be there.

I also enjoyed Peach's 64, Yoshi's 64 (not the clouds), Distant Planet, Hanenbow, Luigi's Mansion, and Mario Circuit (not the walkoffs), but wouldn't necessarily consider them strictly "casual," and think they could (theoretically) be made more competitive without the loss of what I find appealing.
I just miss Zebes 64's elevator.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Though, if you ask me, they should've replaced Rainbow Ride instead, as the music already plays there. It's like having both Fountain of Dreams and Dream Land 64 but both still have the Fountain of Dreams music. I wish that Dream Land played the Green Greens music instead but oh well.

UberAndrew

Smash Cadet
Even though people tend to hate stages you can walk off my friends and I really enjoyed Bridge of Eldin. When it's complete it's a huge battlefield to duke it out on, when it's destroyed it switches to mostly aerial combat and we try and smash eachother down in the center.

There's a good chance I might revert Hyrule Castle back to Eldin Bridge.

Hungry Headcrab

Smash Ace
Just give me original Yoshi's Island with the disappearing clouds and PokeFloats.

At the very least, SOMEBODY needs to get around to recreating PokeFloats. I'd put that in my build in a heartbeat.

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman
Orignial Brawl Wario Ware.

You know that code where if you hold A it loads an alternate stage? It should be included for all original Brawl stages. Even Hannenbow, New Pork City, ect. because why not?

The number one complaint from the casual crowd is either the removal or bastardization of fun frenetic stages (Wario Ware being the biggest offense) in favor of more battlefield clones. Holding A for more 'easter eggs/secret content' as a sort of cheat code would appease the players who really want those stages but are too lazy/don't care enough/don't know how to delete stuff off the SD card (which is a surprisingly high number of very vocal people). Maybe one day it'll be possible to add random stage select and My Music entries for extra stages, but for now this seems like a good compromise, and it doesn't really detract from the professionalism because most people will never encounter it.

Kayo

Smash Apprentice
Premium
NNID
KiddKayo
3DS FC
0989-3028-4971
Me and a friend of mine were playing page 2 a while ago for fun with items on the other day and I gotta say page 2 is pretty legit. I'd still love to see these:

Super Smash Brothers:
  • Mushroom Kingdom - I had some fun times with this one back in the day with the wrap pipes Piranha Plants and walk offs (But these are the only walk offs I like)
  • Planet Zebes - Mostly nostalgia, but who doesn't love dair-ing there opponent in the acid over and over? ;)
Super Smash Brothers Melee
  • Mushroom Kingdom II - There's just something about this one...
  • Pokéfloats - It's ****ing Pokéfloats dude!
  • Mute City - If only because it was once legal.
  • All the good ones are already in. (Not that Brawl had much to begin with) :p
Rest of the ones I like are already in. :)

lag comp

Smash Rookie
Sector Z is not the same thing as Corneria as others mentioned.
I would love to see back Peach's Castle and Melee's Mushroom Kingdom I (must be the only one who loves that stage).

Trinsic

Smash Apprentice
Smash 64 (In order of priority):
Peach's Castle 64
Yoshi's Story 64
Mushroom Kingdom 64

Melee (In order of priority):
Pokefloats
Great Bay
Kongo Jungle
Mute City
Mushroom Kingdom 1
Mushroom Kingdom 2
Mayyyybe Green Greens, I'm kind of indifferent about that one

Wario Ware Inc. - Brawl Version is the only Brawl stage I'd like to see return.

I'm happy to see how many people love Pokefloats. I usually see people rag on it because it isn't competitively viable at all, but it really is an incredibly fun stage for casual play.

Player -0

Smash Hero
Smash 64 (In order of priority):
Peach's Castle 64
Yoshi's Story 64
Mushroom Kingdom 64

Melee (In order of priority):
Pokefloats
Great Bay
Kongo Jungle
Mute City
Mushroom Kingdom 1
Mushroom Kingdom 2
Mayyyybe Green Greens, I'm kind of indifferent about that one

Wario Ware Inc. - Brawl Version is the only Brawl stage I'd like to see return.
Greens Greens is in P:M I think.

I'm happy to see how many people love Pokefloats. I usually see people rag on it because it isn't competitively viable at all, but it really is an incredibly fun stage for casual play.
Pokefloats has been used in some tournaments.

Trinsic

Smash Apprentice
Pokefloats has been used in some tournaments.
It isn't, and I just checked the stage list to make sure.
Pokefloats may have been used in tournaments at some point, but I'm pretty sure it's been banned for most tournies for quite a few years now.

Super Smash Brothers:
  • Mushroom Kingdom
  • Peach's Castle
  • Planet Zebes
  • Yoshi's Island
Should the tutorial stage be added to this list? I wouldn't pick it, and it was never actually playable, but some people might want it. I would also recommend adding Sector Z, it's like three times the size of Corneria and plays completely differently.

Anyway, this is only sort of relevant since this thread is about casual stages, but what do you guys think of the Melee SD Remix version of Green Greens?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFx5mEsjOls
I could see PM getting it in the future, but on the first page instead of the second. I'm not sure which version of the stage I would prefer to have myself.

Ezzee

Smash Apprentice
Yoshi's Island 64 would be great if they removed the clouds

Yurya

Smash Apprentice
Brinstar Depths was definitely unique and awesome.
Great Bay had a classy layout and I wouldn't mind swim-able water that much.
Green Green had a nice shifting layout that made it unique and tactical.
Pokefloats was awesome. Only floating/shifting stage I liked.

Mushroomy Kingdom was okay now and then.

UberAndrew

Smash Cadet
Orignial Brawl Wario Ware.

You know that code where if you hold A it loads an alternate stage? It should be included for all original Brawl stages. Even Hannenbow, New Pork City, ect. because why not?

The number one complaint from the casual crowd is either the removal or *******ization of fun frenetic stages (Wario Ware being the biggest offense) in favor of more battlefield clones. Holding A for more 'easter eggs/secret content' as a sort of cheat code would appease the players who really want those stages but are too lazy/don't care enough/don't know how to delete stuff off the SD card (which is a surprisingly high number of very vocal people). Maybe one day it'll be possible to add random stage select and My Music entries for extra stages, but for now this seems like a good compromise, and it doesn't really detract from the professionalism because most people will never encounter it.
If they did this coupled with a refined stage expansion code PM would be even better than it already is. I do like the battle focused competitive stages but sometimes when I'm casually playing with friends I'd like to play on some of the more crazier stages.
They'll still probably continue developing PM even after 3.0, so I'm hoping this is one of the things they work on.

Top Bottom