• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Castle Golf Smashfest - Long Island, New York - September 13th - 9/13/08

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
Melee Doubles

1. Hazz + G Money
2. Eli + Ryan K
3. Will + Codi
4. II2N + SE2N
5. Jony + Brin
6. X-0 + PD

Melee Singles

1. Hazz (Fox)
2. Ryan K (Falco/Fox)
3. SE2N (Falco)
5. G Money (Falco)
5. Will (Sheik)
7. II2N (Marth)
7. Codi (Falco)
7. Boxob (Sheik)
10. Whut?
10. Jony
10. Blarfenzo
10. Matt R.
13. X-0
13. Lefty
13. PD
13. Moran

Brawl Doubles

1. Eli + Doowop (split)
1. Will + Ryan K (split)
3. Abma + Rob
4. X-0 + Mike
5. Codi + Ken
5. Tick + Tock
7. Matt R. + J
7. A.C.E. + Oli
7. Sorto+ Peter
10. Mare + Jiggernaut
10. Eclipse + Kane
10. Vanek + PD

Brawl Singles

1. Eli -(split) (Luigi/Kirby)
1. Fyist-(split) (Metaknight)
3. Ryan K (Game & Watch)
4. Codi (Falco)
5. Will (Donkey Kong)
5. Whut? (Dedede)
5. Sorto (Ice Climbers)
5. X-0 (Pikachu/Snake)
9.Terrance
9. Tock
9. Brin
9. Abma
9. A.C.E.
9. Peter
15. Tick
15. Ace
15. Devin
19. CJT
19. Boom
19. Ref
19. PD
19. Doowop
19. Vanek
19. Lefty
26. Brian
26. Zero
26. Tazer
26. Satty
26. Ken
26. Rob
26. Niga J
26. Jay
26. Kane
26. Eclipse

Def a fun tournament, thanks to everybody that attended!! Be sure to check up within the next week for the post of next month's tourney. We were thinking of upping the entry fee to $10 to feed the pot and limiting venue fee deductions to a first come first serve basis, to encourage prompt registration. If we could get some feedback on that, that'd be great! Also, next time we are going to be using the tio computer program for our brackets to eliminate unneeded stress and confusion. lol. Already looking forward to the next one to redeem myself...lol

Fyist

Smash Journeyman
You can put Fyist instead of Mike G or just do Mike G (Fyist) I don't care. Upload results to allisbrawl also please :).

vanek_pi

Smash Journeyman
great results for myself. can't wait to go to the next one. and yea try to keep the brackets more organized. they were a hell of a mess to look at.

Sorto

Smash Journeyman
Castle Golf Results?

hey there, I think there is a slight discrepancy with the rankings along with my gamer tag. My name is Sorto, not Sortl, if anyone could change that, please do. As well, I beat Will but lost to Adma, both matches were in the losers bracket. My match with Adma was in the loser's semifinals, while the match with Will came earlier and it was our macth that knocked him out of the tourney. Anyway, I think someone should recheck the results. Again, I am not certain of the system in which results are tallied, but I feel like there may be a mistake

Ryan-K

Smash Master
can you post the characters for 1-7?

go long island... reppin here with a big W at a vandy tournament
uh i went mostly gaw (including teams lol DK + gaw is amazingly good)

mike g went mk i think?

eli went mostly kirby/luigi

codi is falco

whut? I think was ddd

will is dk

sortl used ICs I think

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
hey there, I think there is a slight discrepancy with the rankings along with my gamer tag. My name is Sorto, not Sortl, if anyone could change that, please do. As well, I beat Will but lost to Adma, both matches were in the losers bracket. My match with Adma was in the loser's semifinals, while the match with Will came earlier and it was our macth that knocked him out of the tourney. Anyway, I think someone should recheck the results. Again, I am not certain of the system in which results are tallied, but I feel like there may be a mistake
Yea for some reason the brackets were weird... I think the results were done by how many matches you won and not like most brackets...

Meaning you knocked Will yet Will had to beat more players to get there ... So Will was put ahead of you... Normal brackets aren't like that.

Most brackets do it match by match meaning you advance by not how much you win but how many brackets you advance. This is more of a match, by match, by match.... Really weird I didn't like the format too much. I say Next time we should have it all on computer and not hand written too...

It's not too bad but Sorto does deserve higher because that is how normal brackets are set up... So for next time we really need to fix that format...

Also, next time we are going to be using the tio computer program for our brackets to eliminate unneeded stress and confusion. lol. Already looking forward to the next one to redeem myself...lol

The Tio software is a great idea...

DeactoVater

Smash Cadet
Oh **** If i would have one my last Match i would have placed in top 6

10ths not bad

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
Due to the unfortunate way that our brackets were set up, I had to determine rankings through each player's match record. But fear not, as Ref and many others have suggested, the tio computer program is definitely in place for next time, hopefully solving our last little quirk until these tournaments start to really run smoothly lol. I'll be bringing my laptop hooked up to a separate monitor to display a live bracket, which should make everyone's life a little easier ;p

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
We were thinking of upping the entry fee to $10 to feed the pot and limiting venue fee deductions to a first come first serve basis, to encourage prompt registration. If we could get some feedback on that, that'd be great!
idk about upping the entry fee... I just got a score of people interested, the hardest selling point was the price...

Congratz to the winners, that was a fun day.

Fyist

Smash Journeyman
idk about upping the entry fee... I just got a score of people interested, the hardest selling point was the price...

Congratz to the winners, that was a fun day.
Get them to bring setups to save money then :p

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Play nice, Lucas :3 He did this whole tournament and these rankings without any program
He should download a certain free and amazing program called TIO. :)

The format here got fixed. Awesome.

Edit: wtf it looks like something went very wrong

it goes like this:

etc.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
Get them to bring setups to save money then :p
the TOs are gonna limit the number of setup dicounts this time around, plus I doubt they're all gonna wanna bring setups anyway. Besides, the number of people is probably gonna go up by next time, so there will be more money in the pot anyway

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
I was about to say Eli..hazz always says hes gna go marth, but then he chickens out.

And yea inui if you ever hold one of you fests when theres not a melee tourny going on then ill probly stop by and play some melee. Or maybe even a brawl tourny with some melee on the side.

Lmao i promise ill be able to take dwn that sheik, but honestly i wouldnt even be surprised if i lost

Edit-lol ill teach you how to play marth in brawl inui...one of these days :p

Ryan-K

Smash Master
yeah he went all fox brandon lol

my marth sucks now though so we need to play, come to hofstra tell me when ur in town lol

also i only went fox in like 3 matches i went mostly falco, idk about g money but he went falco on me.

whut?

Smash Journeyman
late reply, my bad. I didnt expect to make top10, good gaymez everyone, you know i'll be at the next one.

Patsie

Smash Journeyman
yo im drunk but listen

i can only guess will and chris made this tourney bumpin

everyone who played is awesome cause LI = awesome, and dont you forgot because my *** aint gonna travel 6 ****ing hours to go to a tourney in nashville

but awesome regardless, didnt even see the results but who cares alcohol cares what what

doommachine15

Smash Ace
I WOULD LIKE EVERYONE TO LOOK AT THE BRAWL TOP 8
(Luigi/Kirby) (Metaknight)
(Game & Watch) (Falco)
(Donkey Kong) (Dedede)
(Ice Climbers) (Pikachu/Snake)

And then tell me why Brawl is more broken then melee
Melee Top 8
(Fox) (Falco/Fox)
(Falco) (Falco)
(Sheik) (Marth)
(Falco) (Sheik)

Im not trying to start anything just proving a point
Of how much more diverse the top 8 is

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
wow are you dumb? this is clearly one tournament. why would u even base your assumption of something like this. if you go to almost anyother tournament results your bound to see the same ****. mk is dominating most of the top spots.

im gna base by assumption of brawl based on the CH4 results. where 8 of the top 12 spots used either MK or snake

yea luigi and kirby are clearly like te top chaaracters in brawl cuz eli came or split first with them at this one tounry in LI.

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
A game being broken and the diversity of characters in one tournament's placings are two different things. Quit life "doommachine15" lol.

But it doesn't really matter that much to me anymore since I lost whatever skill I used to have in melee, so I can't prove **** anymore, heh.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
I WOULD LIKE EVERYONE TO LOOK AT THE BRAWL TOP 8
(Luigi/Kirby) (Metaknight)
(Game & Watch) (Falco)
(Donkey Kong) (Dedede)
(Ice Climbers) (Pikachu/Snake)

And then tell me why Brawl is more broken then melee
Melee Top 8
(Fox) (Falco/Fox)
(Falco) (Falco)
(Sheik) (Marth)
(Falco) (Sheik)

Im not trying to start anything just proving a point
Of how much more diverse the top 8 is
wow guy you really have no idea what the fu
ck you're talking about

its cute how you mention this yet you didnt wanna mm my snake despite YOU challenging ME and how I kept bringing it up despite that i dont even play him.

you also neglected to mention this tourney was the first time i ever used gaw and how I got top 3 with him anyway

you also forgot to mention there was hardly even like 12 people in melee so no **** all the top 8 are the same. if a 40 man tourney had the same character diversity as a tourney with not even that amount of characters in the game then thats ****ed up.

you also neglected to mention how NOONE on LI plays mk or snake except for fyist and alejandro and beast who didnt show up.

you also forgot to mention how eli used to beast with ness/doc till he like lost his skill from playing this campyass game.

one tourney, especially a local one on LI (which is largely considered a FUC
KING JOKE when it comes to competitive games) shouldnt count for **** for ANYTHING

oh yeah, your forgot to mention how the best in brawl use MK/DDD (don't mention azen because next to his name at tournies 90% of the time it says lucario/M ****ING K)

yet how the best in melee uses jigglypuff

LI doesn't have character diversity when it comes to melee anyway. LI is quite frankly a joke of a region

oh yeah, you also forgot to mention how a while ago in melee alejandro used to beast with bowser.

if melee had the same amount of players as brawl did, i guarantee you i just couldnt pick up a top character i dont play (like sheik) and beast like how i got third with gaw who i dont even play in brawl.

god ****ing ****

Top Bottom