• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cast of Brawl Tournament IS OVER

FAILchion-

OH HE'S SO PRINGLES
The Final Countdown is now playing in your head.
What the hell is NB? @_@

And I don't think he meant "You suck at Brawl, stop playing." he meant that telling Probrawler that his organization isn't great was a bit out of line.
I didn't mean to say it like that. It's just that I don't want to wait hours for my opponent. I mean, it's been 4 hours and 20 minutes already, shouldn't this thing have been over already? Sorry if I offended anyone.

Gabz

Smash Apprentice
mitsu did you have lag with any other player? im just curious if its beacuse of the country to country connection or something else

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
What're yr counterpicks, Mitsu?

Mine are Brinstar and Rainbow Cruise in that order (if I were to lose two in a row <___<)

xX'Mitsurugi'Xx

Smash Ace
mitsu did you have lag with any other player? im just curious if its beacuse of the country to country connection or something else
I always have bad lag, but since you were in another country is probably why we had such bad lag. My fc is 0602-8227-6619 cat. My counter pick Is bf.

Gabz

Smash Apprentice
so whenever you finish this tournet lets have a wolf against wolf friendly battle k? its my second character and its the best for when there is lag.... it should be fun so what do you think? of course when you finish the tourney

PhoenixoKaZe

Smash Ace
NNID
Toffykun
Another victim fell to the didn't- appear- online virus. That was KaZe, as he didn't show up online at any point of the 1st round. Hell, he didn't even reply to either of my PMs.
I expected better from you, KaZe.
lol, I`m at school, a tournement for me is would be at 2:00, something and I wouldn`t to make it sry gigas o-o I get busy too o-o

xX'Mitsurugi'Xx

Smash Ace
Well catz won and was about the poorest sport I've ever played, an *** about it all the way, maybe you should put down brawl and pick up a book on etiquette, but it was only due to stage pick..... but oh well it wasnt by much.

Gabz

Smash Apprentice
so what abotu teh game huh? its nothing mitsurugi i know but you too almost only did laser laser laser dont take it wrong im just saying part of it i know cuause of hte lga i hope

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
So who am I playing next? I beat Mitsu...

EDIT: Mitsu, ALL you do is laser it's so sad lol. Do you not understand the concept of a counterpick? It was so you couldn't spam laser the whole match.

Obviously yr style is extremely camp dependent, and when the stage isn't completely flat you don't know what to do.

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
I won.

GGs Duo... yr Fox is extremely predictable though - lag hindered my ability to grenade counter or perfect shield yr dair into w/e combos which was pretty lame. @___@

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
gg, but perhaps levels like brinstar (not nutral) should be excluded from counter picks?
There is no reason as to why it shouldn't be a counterpick... neutrals are set to random. If I wanted to counterpick with PS1 I would. <__<

I could abuse stage mechanics on many counterpicks... no johns.

Duo55

Smash Ace
I won.

GGs Duo... yr Fox is extremely predictable though - lag hindered my ability to grenade counter or perfect shield yr dair into w/e combos which was pretty lame. @___@
You act as if I wasn't lagging at all, lag hinders everyone, and you nearly lost to a "pridictable" Fox, with a broken character. But besides the fact ggs, it was decent practice besides, I would have chosen Lucario against snake, but I had to use Fox. O well, congrats, you won. And brinstar as a stage choice? I'm mean, I know the pupose of a counter pick, but that really was a bad spot for my fox... but no jons, you needed it. :)

LLLLLink

Smash Apprentice
There is no reason as to why it shouldn't be a counterpick... neutrals are set to random. If I wanted to counterpick with PS1 I would. <__<

I could abuse stage mechanics on many counterpicks... no johns.
I'm sorry, cat, but you shouldnt make claims like "I could abuse stage mechanics on many counterpick stages..."
Try not to break your arm patting yourself on the back, because , to put it frankly, your tactics are easy to read. You need "broken hit-box" Snake to have an advantage over your opponent and then choose counterpicks with no nuetral qualities whatsoever. They are totally one-sided for some chars.

As proven in both matches, which I spectated, you were anal-***** on normal "wall an ceiling" levels, even with the horrid lag we are so used to recieving.

So please, do us all a favor and dont attempt to critique anyones playing skill when your own needs so much work.

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
You act as if I wasn't lagging at all, lag hinders everyone, and you nearly lost to a "pridictable" Fox, with a broken character. But besides the fact ggs, it was decent practice besides, I would have chosen Lucario against snake, but I had to use Fox. O well, congrats, you won. And brinstar as a stage choice? I'm mean, I know the pupose of a counter pick, but that really was a bad spot for my fox... but no jons, you needed it. :)
Uh, no I wasn't acting like that at all... I am fully aware that lag hinders most people's gameplay.

Alas, I pointed these few things out because given in a different circumstance I could have overKO'd you - lol.

Nor did I nearly lose to you... it was 3-1. <__<;

Perhaps you need to do some research in a stage MU or something vs Snake 'cause all you CPd with was FD and that didn't turn out so well.

I'm not going to be drawn into some stupid "broken" character debate either.

And it doesn't look like you understand how "no johns" works... yr whole post was a john. @__@

I'm sorry, cat, but you shouldnt make claims like "I could abuse stage mechanics on many counterpick stages..."
Try not to break your arm patting yourself on the back, because , to put it frankly, your tactics are easy to read. You need "broken hit-box" Snake to have an advantage over your opponent and then choose counterpicks with no nuetral qualities whatsoever. They are totally one-sided for some chars.

As proven in both matches, which I spectated, you were anal-***** on normal "wall an ceiling" levels, even with the horrid lag we are so used to recieving.

So please, do us all a favor and dont attempt to critique anyones playing skill when your own needs so much work.
He's complaining about one stage because of what? It's unfair to his character? Wah wah wah... T___T

AS I RECALL, I won on both Smashville and Final Destination... FD by even a larger margin than Brinstar. So you saying I "need" a CP with no neutral qualities is null as I demonstrated my ability to beat yr friend on the most linear stage there is...

Do ME a huge favor LLLLLLINK and refrain from posting in my direction because if I need work then why aren't you or Duo or Mitsu winning any tournaments? Hmmm....

EDIT: Hell, you are welcome to paypal MM me vs my Peach if yr so confident that my "tactics are easy to read".

LLLLLink

Smash Apprentice
Uh, no I wasn't acting like that at all... I am fully aware that lag hinders most people's gameplay.

Alas, I pointed these few things out because given in a different circumstance I could have overKO'd you - lol.

Nor did I nearly lose to you... it was 3-1. <__<;

Perhaps you need to do some research in a stage MU or something vs Snake 'cause all you CPd with was FD and that didn't turn out so well.

I'm not going to be drawn into some stupid "broken" character debate either.

And it doesn't look like you understand how "no johns" works... yr whole post was a john. @__@

Hey, L wannabe, give it a rest noob. The fact that youve judged true playing ability from the ever-changing online match is proof enough that you dont need to be offering anyone any critisism.

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
Hey, L wannabe, give it a rest noob. The fact that youve judged true playing ability from the ever-changing online match is proof enough that you dont need to be offering anyone any critisism.
Again, you are welcome to MM me via paypal vs any of my characters if you think you can do better than yr friends or feel as though I am easy to read. :"}

EDIT:

The fact that youve judged true playing ability from the ever-changing online match is proof enough that you dont need to be offering anyone any critisism.
I am fully aware that lag hinders most people's gameplay.
Read before posting? Errr... o_o

The criticism I offered was based on his combo-ability... You can perfect shield/grenade counter Fox's dair into utilt/dsmash/usmash combos - and he relied on it way too much. That is why I said he is a predictable Fox. Too many Fox players are consumed by the illusion that this is a real combo when it isn't...

I don't want to give him the impression that this is a viable tactic all the time or a true combo because it is not although I was unable to counter it effectively due to the lag...

EDIT2: Thanks Pro. ^____^ <3 I'm off to bed.

LLLLLink

Smash Apprentice
Again, you are welcome to MM me via paypal vs any of my characters if you think you can do better than yr friends or feel as though I am easy to read. :"}
Sorry, I have no money at the moment. Plus with lag like we have, it would laughable at best. To even suggest such a thing is foolish. The hard fact is, we have some of the worst connections on this thread. Ive never played a match above an orange. Ill be glad to take some photos for you if you dont believe me. And Im sure you enjoy a nice blue here and there, so there is really no comparison. Duo and Mitsurugi wont say it, but I will. We lose to lag, not to anyone's tactics or stage picks.

Duo55

Smash Ace
No money matches, but I'll be happy to play you again some other time. I don't bet money on chance (a.k.a. lag) as it is pointless, and our connection sux. Oh well, good night and congrats again. Please don't be mad at me for w/e reason you are. Also, I believe I came back and beat you on FD, and started to beat you again, right before you restarted the match a rechose brinstar. It just took me to long to adjust t your tactic. Like I said, we need more than four matches before you make those kinds of claims... also, judging my playing style, and combo ability, from laggy online matches is alittle redundent don't you think? Just as you cannot grenade counter or perfect shield because of lag, my mind games are extremely limited due to lack of mobility from lag. I also think that its alittle redundent that you tell me I rely on a combo that got you 60% of the times I used it, with litte consequence when I missed. Also, you shouldn't make assumptions about my placings in tournaments, I've won my fair share of local toureys, nothing big mind you but I have won. Also, I hope to win my first ig tourney when I attend Smash Jubilee this week end. Some pros are going to attend, chu dat, and Azen to name a couple... Also, if I need any tips on Fox, I'll ask for them.

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
Sorry, I have no money at the moment. Plus with lag like we have, it would laughable at best. To even suggest such a thing is foolish. The hard fact is, we have some of the worst connections on this thread. Ive never played a match above an orange. Ill be glad to take some photos for you if you dont believe me. And Im sure you enjoy a nice blue here and there, so there is really no comparison. Duo and Mitsurugi wont say it, but I will. We lose to lag, not to anyone's tactics or stage picks.
Uh, I've never played anyone with a blue and most of my games are vs orange with maybe two greens.

I'm assuming the statement "we lose to lag, not anyone's tactics or stage picks" means that if you and I were to play in real life that you would beat me considerably due to there being no lag, correct?

I would LOVE to witness that - lol.

No money matches, but I'll be happy to play you again some other time. I don't bet money on chance (a.k.a. lag) as it is pointless, and our connection sux. Oh well, good night and congrats again. Please don't be mad at me for w/e reason you are.
Why would I be mad? I'll play you in a set before I go to bed if you really want...?

My Peach vs yr Fox FD/SV/BF 2 out of 3?

EDIT: I rechose because you are not the one counterpicking, I was... I wasn't even moving - lol.

LLLLLink

Smash Apprentice
Uh, I've never played anyone with a blue and most of my games are vs orange with maybe two greens.

I'm assuming the statement "we lose to lag, not anyone's tactics or stage picks" means that if you and I were to play in real life that you would beat me considerably due to there being no lag, correct?

I would LOVE to witness that - lol.

Why would I be mad? I'll play you in a set before I go to bed if you really want...?

My Peach vs yr Fox FD/SV/BF 2 out of 3?

EDIT: I rechose because you are not the one counterpicking, I was... I wasn't even moving - lol.
Yeah, thats basically what Im saying. Your arrogance would be so invigorating to crush in an offline match. By the way, I think you are exaggerating about your connection status (seeing how youve done so already in your posts).......unless you want to prove it. I thought you were going to bed? If Im going to fight anyone to prove who has more skill in SSB, its going to be random char/ random stage.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
All I see is a bunch of "no u"s and "no johns" and "lag is for noobs". Give it a break. ._.;

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
Yeah, thats basically what Im saying. Your arrogance would be so invigorating to crush in an offline match. By the way, I think you are exaggerating about your connection status (seeing how youve done so already in your posts).......unless you want to prove it. I thought you were going to bed? If Im going to fight anyone to prove who has more skill in SSB, its going to be random char/ random stage.
Is this a joke? You can't be serious...

Like I said, come to any ECRC tournament or you could even make the drive to mine the 29th of this month in CT I would be more than happy to play you for any amount of money.

I have nothing else to say to you lmao please stop posting until you are able to back up yr words. :"/

EDIT: Omg... lol at Riker. I won the set, but he owned me? Now I know you aren't serious... Sorry I even responded.

Sorry Bunny I'm done I'm too easily provoked sometimes it's embarassing. ;O;

Stroupes

Smash Lord
The tournament's over guys o o;

The fighting needs to stop :D

Congrats Cat Fight.
Apparently you're a good Snake. How about a match sometime? :p

Duo55

Smash Ace
I'm up for another round before bed, cat fight. You might be tired from fighting rike though... he's my apprentice. I'd love to fight your ______ *inset anyones name but snake here*

Top Bottom