• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Carter and Mikey Present: Nana and the Footstool of DOOM, Feb 21, Misissauga, ON

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
PK-ow, can you pm the OP to talk about your issues, and not spam the thread or fill it with negativity? thanks.
By what definition is it spam? The issues concern the event. What is the event thread supposed to be about if not things relating to the event?

Anyway, it looks like the ban is confirmed, so I'll just go now.

Ally, good luck son.

Mikey7

Smash Lord
Its not set in stone lol...also there are 4 Dededes I know of 1. Me - I don't really use him much anymore 2. Percon - uses 99% kirby 1% snake pretty much 3. Ambrose - why infinite DK when he put so much time into IC grabs 4. Kingace - No point in switching off MK for those infinite matches

I don't understand why you would go and not enter a tournament because of 1 rule which doesn't even affect you.

This is assuming I read your post right.

Also, yes Sanuzi, I'm aware of the lameness of the title lol. I think you would find it at least somewhat funny if you play Ambrose for 1 match : P

SRTM

Smash Ace
sure srtm il team with ya. i havnt played in a coupel months so il still be rusty, also double diddy in teams is wack, so ok.
I've never tried 2 diddy's. If that doesn't work, I could use a secondary, a power character or something.

comon' ally, at least attempt to come. get on that greyhound.

I can probably bring a wii+brawl setup carter.

Sanu

Smash Champion
Also, yes Sanuzi, I'm aware of the lameness of the title lol. I think you would find it at least somewhat funny if you play Ambrose for 1 match : P
I guess I could see how it would make sense then :p

Wolfblade

Smash Lord
Mikey, and chance you can set me up in a pool if im not in time to register. Saturdays can be busy so I might be late on getting there, but I can pay as soon as I show up and sidle in on my pool.

If that's possible I will totally appreciate it.

Seems like Wolfblade is now in need of a dubs partner. Any takers? Prefereably Falcos cause my Lucario loves a Falco as his wingman:p

Mikey7

Smash Lord
Mikey, and chance you can set me up in a pool if im not in time to register. Saturdays can be busy so I might be late on getting there, but I can pay as soon as I show up and sidle in on my pool.

If that's possible I will totally appreciate it.

Seems like Wolfblade is now in need of a dubs partner. Any takers? Prefereably Falcos cause my Lucario loves a Falco as his wingman:p
Yeah I'll have you covered.

.Marik

is a social misfit
I'm leaving school now to check out my new foster home, that will ultimately decide if I can go tommorow.

But for now, only time will tell. Wish me luck. ;]

And If I can come, I'll bring my entire Wii setup out of appreciation. =D

SRTM

Smash Ace
PHO might bring a setup tommorow. I gotta 2 hour drive to pick him up, then another hour to get to sauga, so we'll be there noon at the latest.

Mikey7

Smash Lord
If hes getting a ride he should definately bring one : P Ideally, 4 people to 1 tv would be enough for the tourney to run very smoothly.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Good **** you guys for grabbing the opportunity and making sure this goes through!

Good luck to everyone! PR updates after this no doubt.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
Alright I might be the only Montrealer coming to this. I will askright now for everyone who wants to gowith me. I will be taking the greyhound at 10pm today and be arriving at Mississauga at around 9 AM saturday if I remember. So if anyone can get me from there, It'd be greatly appreciated. Yeah I guess I don't need housing for friday XD bus is mah house. So let me know whoever can pick me up for phone number and stuff.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
^Hahaha Ally is hardcore!
I wish I wasn't in saskatoon, or else I'd come and we could win teams lol.
Its been too good watching you **** people on the livestream, good ****!

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Its not set in stone lol...also there are 4 Dededes I know of 1. Me - I don't really use him much anymore 2. Percon - uses 99% kirby 1% snake pretty much 3. Ambrose - why infinite DK when he put so much time into IC grabs 4. Kingace - No point in switching off MK for those infinite matches

I don't understand why you would go and not enter a tournament because of 1 rule which doesn't even affect you.

This is assuming I read your post right.
Look, you have to set something in stone. It's tomorrow. I need to know so I can *get some sleep* today.

It does affect me. It affects everyone who thinks they're joining up to play the game as it was made. It affects my pocket too - this costs $15. $15 for an event in which bad characters are allowed to get through the pools, as opposed to, say, them being defeated by people who do the counterpick so that others who, having rightly perceived the state of the game to be that way, don't have to deal with them (and can thus get better with matchups that matter).
I can't report any placing I would take to any of the tourney result compilers, and so, why would I pay? I only have so much money, and I want it to be for tourneys where winning with my mains (who need representation in Canada) matters.

I also worry for the state of the Brawl community itself. I don't want the Melee trolls to be proven right. The D3 infinites are not broken. You do not ban things that aren't broken. We are supposed to suck it up. If no one does, Brawl dies as a fighter, before it began, and then all the Melee trolls were right: Brawl is for scrubs, Brawl is a scrub game, and will only ever be for scrubs, because that's what a scrubby, uncompetitive game is.

I don't want to see that happen! It affects me a lot!

I spent nearly 400 dollars to pick up a Wii + Brawl setup just to be a part of this community as it evolved. I'm going to vote with my dollar to prevent this disaster: If you ban the tactic, I'm not paying to join.

You misquoted me. It appears you did so to communicate happiness that I was leaving this thread.

That wasn't nice.

nickcam

Smash Ace
Look, you have to set something in stone. It's tomorrow. I need to know so I can *get some sleep* today.
I don't understand ur post at all. How could someone prepare for an infinite other then dont get grabbed? How could u argue for a one grab to kill? It makes absolutely no sense. Other tournaments ban infinites and u are the only person i have ever heard complain. Ur logic is completely wrong. Banning infinites helps characters like samus, mario etc. I really think your making something out of one of the most common sense rule.

Mikey7

Smash Lord
These infinites aren't match changers. Dedede, without the infinites, STILL ***** Mario, Luigi, Samus, Bowser, DK. I'm putting it under Gentlemen's rule if that makes you feel better.

Carter thought by "leave" you meant take it to PM. Not trying to be mean.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Yo Mikey, confirm me! I'm allowed to come. ;)

I'll bring my Wii setup. =D

One more question, is Yoshi's ChainGrab banned?

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
What is a Gentleman's rule?

I don't understand ur post at all. How could someone prepare for an infinite other then dont get grabbed? How could u argue for a one grab to kill?
I don't understand your questions.
No one needs to argue for one grab to kill. I'm not making that argument. I'm reminding us all that bans are serious business, and you don't need to ban anything because the game still works if you don't.

It makes absolutely no sense. Other tournaments ban infinites and u are the only person i have ever heard complain.
As I suggested, you really ought to visit Brawl Tactical. The only thing I'm complaining about is that little attention is being given to the arguments that went on elsewhere. You're saying the tournaments ban infinites. I'm saying the debaters all figured out that that was scrubby. I'm saving any arguments because they've already been done:

http://www.smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=181
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=208288 (skip to any post by Yuna, pretty much).

Ur logic is completely wrong. Banning infinites helps characters like samus, mario etc.
I haven't really applied that much of an argument to what I'm saying. I've just said "D3's infinites do not break the game. Fighter game competitions don't ban things that don't break the game. SSBB ought to like to call itself a fighter game."

Saying that we should alter the game because it helps a character, is what doesn't make sense. I'd really like it if Falco wasn't allowed to shoot his lasers. Then Ganon would be **** against him. Why are you favoring Mario over Ganon?

Again, the thread I linked to went over this (several times, since people kept coming in who don't read anything), and it would be great for you to simply search the thread for keywords of your arguments and I'm sure someone else eventually debunked them.

Mikey7

Smash Lord
Gentlemen's rule is like "soft ban" I guess.

EDIT: forgot to address "brawl tactical" we follow tournaments, not that crap lol.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
LOL Pk ow have you even been to a tournament before? Or do you just like argueing....

Are you worried about playing as ddd and losing to those characters?

I'm going to assume you're just being a **** and wont let things go.
Let it go.

Mikey7

Smash Lord
Alright this is just a reminder to those with setups to come early

So,

If you're bringing a setup please try to come before 11:00. Carter and I will be there at about 10:30 setting up

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Gentlemen's rule is like "soft ban" I guess.
So people can still actually do it, but the community (of this tournament) is calling it out as something that "won't be liked."

. . . okay. I can live with that.

EDIT: forgot to address "brawl tactical" we follow tournaments, not that crap lol.
It's your loss, Mikey.

Alright! Gotta print off those maps.

Gichan

Smash Champion
btw, is any one recording tomorrow? I really need recordings to improve, I freaking suck. And if there is I'll be on that **** too much.

Top Bottom