• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Carolina Brawl Power Rankings [1/27] Breaking Bad PRs!! YAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
haha I meant who can help me create a bomb flyer!?
I would give you the details that need to go into it. If no one can I will make it myself.
That is just not my strength.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Raleigh is better for me on the 18th because it means I can come by after my test, but I think Mekos is hosting his tournaments in Greensboro.

On the other hand, if we're getting md/va attendance, we should have PM. Actually, we should have PM anyway.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Yeah man, I am trying to get good at both games.

I'm having a local the 5th of august

going to a KY local on the 11th

hopefully MMing some of GA brawl on the 12th/13th

hopefully something going on the 18th here

then the 25th I'm going to a "regional" in chicago on my way home.

Tryin to get that #3 Wolf spot, and honorable mention on MW sheiks lol.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
U guys seem really passionate about the 18th. I will start working on it and get in contact with the owner of the venue.
So for the first tourney you guys want Project M instead of 3v3? If you wanted project M you would have to make sure there is enuff setups for it.

Also, after my first tourney I am definitely doing 3v3.

archer.

Smash Lord
Mekos do you want me to work on the flyer or not? If so I'm gonna need details, bro.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Greensboro is pretty good location wise, but I feel Raleigh is almost just as good for getting more va md players to attended etc
I looked this up, and Raleigh is closer to the main road(I-95) running through NC from VA, but the difference is only half an hours worth of driving.

I think both cities can be incredibly successful when hosting, but I will say that a big Greensboro advantage is it is more in the middle of most of the big cities, and it's closer to GA so we have better chances of getting some of them to come out eventually(as we had them for HERBs).

Gboro is still 5.5 hours from Atlanta so our tourney will have to be pretty big for differences like that to kick in lol.

Gboro does have a pretty big local scene though so it's not like NC-wise it should make that much difference I'd think.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
There's also a really good pound cake store in Greensboro. That's a big incentive for going to tournaments there.

big sleep

չչչ
ancient nibblonian council member is decently analogous to pp

EDIT:

and jaurice to fry

loooooooooooooo

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
I'll do it.
Sorry I didn't see this. Awesome. Arch give me your number through facebook please. I'll be in contact late Sunday night.

@Everyone - No melee this time guys. For my first tourney I want to get the hang of things and focus solely on Brawl.

@Pooka - 3v3 teams will be set up very similar to traditional fighters and is kinda like smash crews.
3 people form a team and face another 3 person team in 1v1 battles.
- 1 character per team (so you can't have 3 mk's)
- Your team formation is locked at the beginning of the tourney(this will change in the future but for ease of running the tourney I will do it this way. The change in the future will be that you set the formation of your team at the beginning of each sets and not the whole tourney).
- The matches are 2 stock 1v1 6 minutes battles.
- The stocks do not refresh just like in crews. (We will see how this goes. This may change in the future to stocks do reset)
- The first team to have all of their teammates eliminated loses.

I am extremely excited for 3v3 teams. If we in NC take this seriously and build hype around it. It will attract other states to implement it as well. We have to forge the rules to be the best that it can and create an awesome way to play smash!

I'm going to make sure the date is okay with the owner of the venue. Once I get that data I will go Super Saiyan with marketing! I will need everyone's help though! We can do it guys!

big sleep

չչչ
i proposed 3on3s to melee people a while ago, i hope whoever's running melee wants it in the schedule too

somethin about a bracket of a bunch of mini crews that gets me all fired up

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
It also means we can't go triple Ganon or triple Kirby, which is sad.

All I'd need to do is find two other idiots to play Kirby with me, and we'd have the worst team ever.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I think if we do squads, I should be required to be in PP's squad and use Kirby. It's the only way to make things fair.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I assume you're talking about ReSe.

I'm not sure I'll have just moved into UNCG at that time. Hopefully I wind up where I need to be. =)

There will be Melee there, yeah.
No I was talking about the Mekos tournament on the 18th, I am going to be in Chicago on the 25th :/ I'm going back to school (and I'm going to be a week late already lol).

I'm fine with no melee tournament so long as friendlies are cool at some point. Unless there's no melee players then we should do a tournament, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom