• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Carolina Brawl Power Rankings [1/27] Breaking Bad PRs!! YAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Actually, the background is the same color as the box for TotA 3D. Given that that's a recent Tales game, it seemed appropriate to me.

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Tales of North Carolina...................SWAG

I like the pic, and I approve of the addition of those little descriptions for each player. It should be a regular thing from here on out.

Scott, you got Regal effin' Bryant, so no complaints. He's a man's man, and a beast like DK himself.

Congrats to Jacob for making his PR debut, and to Eric, for becoming the second player in the history of North Carolina to be awarded the rank of zero. The previous #0 was a man of legends, so you should know that this spot carries the highest level of prestige ever known to the competitive Brawl scene in our fine state. ;)

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
looool Nima ur right Regal's straight up strength, he is the DEFINITION of get hit don't care, the epitome of manliness, minus the teen girl cutoff shirt.

edit: by the way archer
the picture of jade
has a tiny GQ on his shoulder
just thought you guys should know
I can't unsee it now, the tiny GQ on alex's shoulder.
I'm gonna make a picture of that.

double edit, 5 minutes later

I'm sorry but just to satisfy myself it had to be done.

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
Hello hello. I have the prereg page up so if you guys could please sign up for me so I can get a head count and know if I will run Smash or not.

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PREPAY, IT'S ONLY FOR A HEAD COUNT!!
(Prepay option will be added later for those that would like that option)

Please let me know if you are going to bring a TV and a system with Smash in the comment box before you submit.

www.resetourney.com

Thanks guys!! Let's get the Smash scene running full force in Charlotte again!!

If your not playing Smash you can also preregister for all the other games too!

TLDR Pre reg or else there probably won't be smash due to low numbers, so yeah please do so. You don't have to pay when you pre reg either it's basically to get a head count and see if it's worth their time of trying to host it

Shady Penguin

Smash Lord
looool Nima ur right Regal's straight up strength, he is the DEFINITION of get hit don't care, the epitome of manliness, minus the teen girl cutoff shirt.
Are you kidding? Only a real man is comfortable enough to wear a teen girl cutoff shirt just to show his ABS OF STEEL!

I would have asked to be put on the honorable mentions, but I'm not a smasher.

Black Mantis

Smash Hero
I have a question:is MK really banned or not (at least in NC)? I mean its kinda annoying (and inconsistent) to fight him at an event one week (gold mine) then avoid him next week (ncsu/ecu).

edit:This has been the pattern for months and it's kind of annoying imo. One week people will place high because of mk and the next they will place low (in both singles and doubles).

stingers

Smash Obsessed
It's up to the individual TO. If you want him banned, you run MK banned events. If not, then you run MK legal events. Theres no way to standardize it throughout the state, and I think that's for the best.

ShadowAzure

Smash Journeyman
It's pretty much up to whoever the TO is for each event. I think the trend you mentioned will likely remain as is. I would agree that it's rather annoying.

LOL Stingers beating me to the post.

Black Mantis

Smash Hero
I thought the standard was established when mk was banned back in October?

but wait the URC disbanded so nvm.

I think there should be some kind of standard at least. I mean we have so many already that benefit gameplay (regarding items and stages), I don't see how having one more would be a negative thing.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
brawl will never have a standard ruleset, just accept it for what it is

learn how to fight mk so you can deal with him when hes there. and the mk mains deserve to suffer when their char's banned ;)

ShadowAzure

Smash Journeyman
mk was banned in January, but mk banned events came into play well before that time. I don't see how having one more standard would be negative either, but there are quite a bit of opposing views on the ban that it would be difficult to establish a standard. After the ban in the URC, plenty of TOs still had mk legal tournies.

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
lol, a continuous ruleset is super unlikely, based entirely off TO. learn to fight MK or just palce much worse at events where he's there lol. I'm currently doing that second thing -_-

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
I'm workin on it. that's why it doesn't concern me as much, I get bodied by other characters.
If MK beats me he probably outplayed me
unless it was sushi
that ***** gay as ****
fo real

im workin on wario, everything I do is somehow wrong right now. watching good warios isn't really doing anything for me either.

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
maybe later, I slacked this weekend so I have to do my final exam for a class today
later today I mean, I should be able to come over tonight

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Quite honestly, the MK ban didn't affect NC's players that much.

Craig, his Marth is better, and always was better.

JD, his Toon Link is better. He's got Marth/Falco for bad MUs too.

Alex, his ROB is better, and great to the point where he doesn't need a secondary anymore.

Sanketh, hard to say, but the ban is hardly hurting him, considering how good his Wolf and Snake are.

Steve, I'll admit, his placings took a drop without MK, but he's working on his other characters like D3. He'll bounce back.

Everyone else either doesn't play MK or is inactive.

Overall, only two players really got harmed by it, at most.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
I think JD (and Sanketh by far) have better MKs then other chars

Craigs about equal imo...his marths def. better, but MK is a better char so it equals out.
and me...my mk is ***.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
TOs should be encouraged to experiment with rulesets at locals. Having a standard is repetitive and not really necessary when playing the same people over and over.

Having a pseudo-standard is a bigger deal at larger tournaments because of the need to compare performances among many skilled players as well as reduce randomness in the matches(not many/as many jank stages etc).

The MK ban is whatever to me but the principle of TOs experimenting at locals should not be touched.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Street fighter also has much less variance with the way they can do rules. Their stages are all the exact same minus the background effects which do nothing. They have no items(except for gems in SFxT but that's still less of an issue than Melee items because those don't change matches as drastically as items do and items also can do lots of different things instead of boost stats). It makes sense they have a standard and it would be wise to keep this discussion in the realm of smash only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom