• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Carolina Brawl Power Rankings [1/27] Breaking Bad PRs!! YAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
wellll the problem i have with them just basing his ban on whether or not top mk players can still win without him is... by now, most of the top mks are so good as a smash player, they can prob win tourneys with chars like dk :/

so i dont think that alone should be reason for ban. cause alot of the top mks will prob win or do good without him. i know tyrant has a good marth, m2k supposedly has a raw *** D3 and ike. ally of course has many other chars, as well as anti and atomsk. they should have done this two years ago damnit lol

archer.

Smash Lord
What I've been thinking about for the past couple of days is trying to host a tournament with 2 separate singles events - one MK banned, one MK legal, otherwise using Unity Ruleset for both. I think this would be a good way to see what kind of difference MK being banned makes since hopefully both tournaments would have the same entrants. It might be a bit hard to set up and running them concurrently could cause some confusion but it's something that I would like to do or see happen sometime.

V1CE

Smash Champion
What I've been thinking about for the past couple of days is trying to host a tournament with 2 separate singles events - one MK banned, one MK legal, otherwise using Unity Ruleset for both. I think this would be a good way to see what kind of difference MK being banned makes since hopefully both tournaments would have the same entrants. It might be a bit hard to set up and running them concurrently could cause some confusion but it's something that I would like to do or see happen sometime.
this could be fun tho... wario and DK lets go :)

Marly

Smash Journeyman
The MK mains simply choose not to go to the MK banned one.

twitch said:
vids marly you ****ing scrub. VIDS!!!
Junebug beating M2K happened just yesterday (Ktar 6), off-stream, at that. If they did record the match, it will be uploaded on VGBootCamp's Youtube channel later.

Marly

Smash Journeyman
M2K was emoing and it was obvious I don't see that as legitimate at all.
No, no. You got it backwards. Junebug felt like the person in the first post of this thread after beating M2K:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=207188

and sandbagged the rest of the matches because of the aforementioned reasons stated in the said thread.

I hope none of you actually think I'm serious or something.

~Twitch~

Smash Master
cullowhee, nc western carolina university
wellll the problem i have with them just basing his ban on whether or not top mk players can still win without him is... by now, most of the top mks are so good as a smash player, they can prob win tourneys with chars like dk :/

so i dont think that alone should be reason for ban. cause alot of the top mks will prob win or do good without him. i know tyrant has a good marth, m2k supposedly has a raw *** D3 and ike. ally of course has many other chars, as well as anti and atomsk. they should have done this two years ago damnit lol
yeah but if mk got banned craig would have to fall back on his secondaries.

like his falco.

Marly

Smash Journeyman
You're wrong Kevin...

He got all emo after losing to Nairo in Losers and then forfeit to Nairo after getting ***** game 1
He forfeited mainly because the first game he played (and won) against Nairo didn't count because they weren't supposed to play then. (But they were both told to, because the tournament organizers were bad)

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
You're wrong Kevin...

He got all emo after losing to Nairo in Losers and then forfeit to Nairo after getting ***** game 1
Well yes that's when he displayed it, but I'm suggesting that he was upset prior to going into that set, which caused the bad decisions that led to him losing the set and making him not want to play anymore afterward.

I know the difference because M2K didn't give up at genesis 2 in Melee and played way better and was way happier than I've seen him in a long time. Just makes sense to me that he's emo'ing again because he's on the EC again and losing to people that he really "shouldn't" be losing to(a bold statement but I'd defend it if I had to).

And yeah I don't know if M2K tried to jump the gun and play Nairo early or not but I doubt he seeks his opponents out quickly so I'm inclined to agree it's a TO thing, especially since they played on the stream setup.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
why are people even mentioning m2k as if he matters LOL. just because hes the best mk does not mean he needs to be in every example. hell if he even is the best anymore. didnt ally beat him in the ditto recently in GF of a tourney? and didnt he lose to anti and nairo in the ditto recentlly as well? does he still practice?

brood beat m2k, so in that example

olimar> mk

yall need to look at the masses rather than one man.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
I know you hate losing to every random character I pick up for a week, but you dont have to be so mean about it steve =[

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom