• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Carefully Ask PPMD about the Tiara Guy

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Exactly, Mike. It's unfortunate that the names are so similar. I'm pretty sure that elvenarrow meant hitstun. Hitlag is normally only 2-3 frames and (to the best of my knowledge) doesn't depend on damage.

20 frames of hitlag from Fox's usmash is ridiculous. That would mean that the game would freeze (minus DI) for 1/3 of a second.

If it helps you keep them straight, hitlag = freeze frames. Source: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=42749.
I... gah.

Yes, you caught me. I don't look at what I type. I just hammer in a few keys and then click "Post".

That's sarcasm, if you couldn't tell. I know what I'm talking about. C'mon now.

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
Hey Cactuar when you grab someone say....captain falcon and you throw them down which sends them behind you what do you do before you tech chase them and why?

For example: I throw Falcon down then he doesn't tech and waits for me to try to come in for a grab which at the same moment he will try to hit me with a getting up attack.So instead I come in close with a few dashdances to keep them guessing then when he starts to get up I dash away then come in with the grab.

Oh and I want to hear from Catuar not from anybody else.(please)
I usually don't down throw Falcon unless it's at the edge, which will either send them off stage, or limit their options to tech in place, or tech towards me. Any other point on the stage, I use uthrow and just follow it.

I think there is a dude named Catuar in the brawl boards.

Your premise has too many factors for a definitive answer anyway.
O.o There is a Catuar?

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
@Havok: I answered your question in that what you are doing is not the best option. I used to dthrow/fthrow tech chase all day, but eventually realized it is much better to uthrow. You open up a lot more options and put the Falcon in a much more disadvantaged state than from just throwing them down.

Havokbringer

Smash Lord
@Havok: I answered your question in that what you are doing is not the best option. I used to dthrow/fthrow tech chase all day, but eventually realized it is much better to uthrow. You open up a lot more options and put the Falcon in a much more disadvantaged state than from just throwing them down.
Well in a way yes but I wasn't asking about how to tech chase Falcons.(I live in NorCal I do that all day).

I was asking about what do you do to space your self while waiting to predict an opponents

tech after you throw them.Like do you have a universal approach that will put you in the

best position possible even if you fail to read the tech or is it reaction or a guess?

For Falcon I do think the down throw is my favorite way to rack damage on Falcon since it

cripples his speed and I think the up throw is just as good but its what I prefer.

I do not mean any disrespect from this post I just want to post my opinion.

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
Well in a way yes but I wasn't asking about how to tech chase Falcons.(I live in NorCal I do that all day).

I was asking about what do you do to space your self while waiting to predict an opponents

tech after you throw them.Like do you have a universal approach that will put you in the

best position possible even if you fail to read the tech or is it reaction or a guess?

For Falcon I do think the down throw is my favorite way to rack damage on Falcon since it

cripples his speed and I think the up throw is just as good but its what I prefer.

I do not mean any disrespect from this post I just want to post my opinion.
My entire tech chase game is based on reaction. If I want to give myself a buffer zone, I do a dash towards them after I throw and then wavedash dash (momentum stall) myself at that point, which gives me a ton of time to just look at where they are going and react to it.

Downthrow used to by my favorite thing to do until I got used to doing uthrow. Uthrow gives you way more options vs Falcon than dthrow, without the chance of missing a tech or whatever. Uthrow to fair is an autocombo for a long time, assuming you are good with the frames out of throw. It is, at high level play, much better than using down throw.

How come you do not combo?
I find it boring.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
so Cactuar how do we **** with Marth like you ?

do we drink water from cactuars?

Havokbringer

Smash Lord
My entire tech chase game is based on reaction. If I want to give myself a buffer zone, I do a dash towards them after I throw and then wavedash dash (momentum stall) myself at that point, which gives me a ton of time to just look at where they are going and react to it.

Downthrow used to by my favorite thing to do until I got used to doing uthrow. Uthrow gives you way more options vs Falcon than dthrow, without the chance of missing a tech or whatever. Uthrow to fair is an autocombo for a long time, assuming you are good with the frames out of throw. It is, at high level play, much better than using down throw.

I find it boring.
Great thats exactly what I wanted to hear thanks Cactuar.

Ndot

Smash Journeyman
Hey Cactuar, what are good ways to fight jiggz players better?

Also, how do I DI their rest combos so that I don't get hit by rest easily or maybe survive the rest from stuff like uair to utilt to rest, bair to uair to rest or things like nair to rest?

Is there a way to see which way you will fly towards depending where u get rested after you get hit by rest so you can di earlier?

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
so Cactuar how do we **** with Marth like you ?

do we drink water from cactuars?
I use that Axe body wash with cactus milk.

Hey Cactuar, what are good ways to fight jiggz players better?

Also, how do I DI their rest combos so that I don't get hit by rest easily or maybe survive the rest from stuff like uair to utilt to rest, bair to uair to rest or things like nair to rest?

Is there a way to see which way you will fly towards depending where u get rested after you get hit by rest so you can di earlier?
I go Fox vs Jiggz usually. :laugh:

I don't really feel comfortable giving advice on this matchup with Marth as I haven't really done it in a long while. Sorry. :)

As for seeing which way you will fly, it's really just a matter of paying attention to where the jiggs is when they rest.

Ndot

Smash Journeyman
Alright cactuar, I'll try fox against jiggs next time, although I am scared of them gimping my recovery, and those up throw to rest combos. :(

Cactus have milk? lol I never knew that. O_o

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Marth ditto friendlies (or $1 MMs, I is poor) at Event-52?! *flee*

I tend to have some real trouble with Peaches. Turnips are really annoying and I could use some approaching tips. Also some killing tipz would help, because I can't let Peach get to like 180% every stock like I am now :(

Y R U SO AWSUM

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
^

I believe Cactuar said earlier that the main Aerial to approach with is Nair. At 180%, you should be U-Tilting...

At suggested lower percentages, kill her with F-Throw WD'ing F-Smash.

If you know what you're doing, you should be fine.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
I think the general consensus amongst Falcon players is that Sheik beats Falcon harder than Fox does, although I'd say both matchups are pretty favorable.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
cut the BS, cause i already did, now serve me however you like

charles, get better man, and don't quit melee cause of stupid controller, and besides, you can always break in a new one by fixing the inside : )
O_O cactus is quitting melee? T____________________________________T

I hope you're kidding >_>.

BrawlLover

Smash Champion
didn't i tell you this on aim the other night? mmm engineering was the core of our convos haha, but yeah, once his controller goes, he's just gonna leave it at that, which im hoping he doesn't do, controller is gonna go eventually, that's something that can't be helped, however, charles needs to keep the hardgay coming strong, and that's something not only do i need, but the community needs, and also oh yeah the hworld

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
didn't i tell you this on aim the other night? mmm engineering was the core of our convos haha, but yeah, once his controller goes, he's just gonna leave it at that, which im hoping he doesn't do, controller is gonna go eventually, that's something that can't be helped, however, charles needs to keep the hardgay coming strong, and that's something not only do i need, but the community needs, and also oh yeah the hworld
LOL yea I remember that convo as being mostly about ECE engineering.

But thats gay I mean its up to Cactus but he should keep playing he is such an awesome person to hang out with :(.

BrawlLover

Smash Champion
I can't believe LOL_Master trolled me.

Smooth Criminal
Love. Yes homo. LUL. That's right. Come to JERSEY!!!! We should troll togethering.

...you call that cutting the BS?
pfffft. touch my body.

LOL yea I remember that convo as being mostly about ECE engineering.

But thats gay I mean its up to Cactus but he should keep playing he is such an awesome person to hang out with :(.
i think it's also the fact that he's so good and sometimes it bores him, just an assumption, or maybe he's gone hard gay for so long that he wants to switch to soft a bit, lurk me!

If Cactus quits who will I ogle at tournaments :(
Hannah Montana.

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
o.o

Is this still a "Marth Help" thread, or has it a become "How Sexy Is Cactuar" thread?

I'm down for both.

Top Bottom