• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Car to Super Lion: Anyone interested?

Kone

Smash Master
This weekend Joe was up at my place and we got talking about SL4. We are currently in the early stages of planning to go to the tournament (some finances needing ironing out).

However, just to start to see if it is possible we need a full car. At the moment there is me and joe. Will is penned in as a 3rd. This leaves two open and potentially a third.

The trip would involve the ferry at £10 each and petrol at around £40 each. This works out cheaper than flying (especially for us northerners).

If anyone is interested let me know.

Ed

Kone

Smash Master
Im hoping so. I know that I have the money and the time off to be able to go. Just upto getting a full car now. Likely that I'll book a ferry this friday :)

craiigg

Smash Lord
once i get paid for the work im doing this month, or even know an estimation of when i should be getting paid. i'll let you know Ed

but i'd say given i have no plans atm, £50ish to get to Lyon. i think im about 80% :)

EDIT: 07722558496 call me if you needa talk to me rather than boards.

and speak up on the phone LOL jam told me you were like i dont think he can understand me.
you're right. it was quiet >_>

Kone

Smash Master
Thats cool craig. Im going to look into buying the ferry tickets this friday or the friday after as I get weekly pay. That should tie in with when you get paid and hopefully you can confirm taken a seat or not ^_^. But yeah, ill give you a ring when im looking to book and discuss dates and times with you (and others) so that it works for everyone.

Try convince jam to come ;) ive text him but he aint got back to me. Also, never been told im quiet on the phone lol ill talk up next time.

Kone

Smash Master
Good to see interest. That means we got like myself, will, joe, paul, craig and robby as possibles. There is five seats but I don't expect everyone will be able to make it, especially since I know people in the list have expressed money issues.

Ill book tickets, as i stated, this fri or a week fri. Then whomever gets money to me or gives me enough notice/evidence/faith lol that there going to make it then they'll get a seat.

Likely ill ring people round before booking to see whats what.

Kone

Smash Master
Is anyone interested in this? im still prepared to go and have the money. Just need a full car. I know jam showed interest. Robby? think joe and will are skint. Others..................?

Dacacia

Smash Journeyman
On a related note: I still have a spare plane ticket to France! I checked up and the name change fee on it is £22.50, so that's what I'm asking, not the full price of the actual ticket. If anyone wants to come for that, let me know!

Details again:
- Departing Gatwick at 7am on Friday 7th August, arriving in Lyon at 9am.

- Return flight is Friday the 14th August, at some time.

It's the cheapest you're gonna get, so if anyone's interested and can get to Gatwick, let me know! I really want this ticket to be used.

Kone

Smash Master
ill opt for the car if i can get enuff people, more exciting by car me thinks. also, i cant get to gatwick for cheap!

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
The deadline is Sunday, August 2 : past this day, if you aren’t confirmed on the TSL4 website, you won’t be able to attend the tournament. This rule applies to anyone, no matter who you are.

Kone

Smash Master
Just checked ferry prices. Its still £50 return. If we can fill a car up thats a tenner each for ferry. Petrol + french motorway charges then be around 40-50 each. Still aint bad, same if not cheaper than what flying would be but with raodtrip fun.

Robby? jam? anyone?

Kone

Smash Master
Aye i know charles its ****, i think people are just really skint. Im happy to go....come on people must want to? pretty cheap :)

craiigg

Smash Lord
sorry i missed you on msn earlier man i will be free on monday but atm i have no money :/ i'll let you know if anything changes :s

Kone

Smash Master
not looking to pretty

jam/z what about a london ranbat early aug or end of aug? or a get together at mine? make up for not making lyon together lol

Kone

Smash Master
Im happy to go still and drive but at the moment it would only be me and you in the car robby. Unless you can find 3 more people doesnt look like its an option. Maybe see what you can do with swizzy or jam or anyone else =s

Deathgazer - ferry is £10 return each. Petrol be around £50 return. Then add another £50 on i reckon for foof/entry costs. Basically, imo around £100 is what you would need. Thats what i alsways budget for any euro tourney i go to and dont go over incl.travel or i dont go ^_^

VA

Smash Hero
I'll see what I can do, maybe beast and swizzy will want to go. then we just need one more...

Kone

Smash Master
Yeah try your best dude, ill pester jam and some others. Need to register by 2nd of aug i think x_x

Top Bottom