• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Olimar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aleps

Smash Apprentice
Just look at all what they've done. They have enough creativity to somehow make Olimar bigger. And definitely he will be in, he is popular, was created by Nintendo and quite original.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
whoa whoa guys, simple misunderstanding. don't need a war going on in this thread. just a simple mistake (which i have to go against you lego. that's actually one of the reasons i don't post in the Ridley thread anymore. you guys just spam it up with pointless comments that even the HARDCORE FANS won't debate because they know it's a joke. it's not funny. seriously, if that's the only way to keep a thread alive, forget it)

anyway, the only way to keep a thread alive is to praise the character, which i'll do now!

Olimar must be in Brawl. he's a good character that would make an excellent fighter

Olimar for Brawl

the grim lizard

Smash Master
This game needs more Pikmin-related updates. Now that Dedede is in, I only need Ridley and Olimar to be satisfied.

headbusa

Smash Cadet
nintendo loves pikmin...

everything they have ever produces about pikimin they have thought is was so awesome and they have said in Q&A sessions that it was a favorite of many of the developers... if they dont have olimar I will be surprised. Honostly think of the level/s you could make with the pikmin theme too....

d0c926

Smash Journeyman
I want him to be in Brawl, he could have fun moveset with pikim, super smash bros need to add new franchises and pikim is one of good franchise.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
This game needs more Pikmin-related updates. Now that Dedede is in, I only need Ridley and Olimar to be satisfied.
i'm with you 100% there grim. needs more Krystal though

but yes, as soon as olimar is revealed, we should expect a lot more Pikmin updates on the site

Olimar for Brawl

bivunit94

Smash Journeyman
K1R8EE 1Z DiFF3R3NTz I MEEN CM0N ET IZ KIRB33
Kirby is different... I mean come on its Kirby.
I love it how i was being sarcastic about a dumb size arguement, and then someone comes out and really says it...

But yeah, all arguments against Olimar are horrible.

1. "He can't fight" - Capt. Falcon? Zelda? G&W?
2. "He's not popular enough" - He's had two bestsellers for the GC and a third is no doubt on it's way to Wii.
3. "He's too small" - Resize. And Kirby? Pikachu?
4. "He sux!" - You've obviously never played Pikmin.

:laugh: Go Olimar!

Florida

イーグランツ
Now that swimming is a function available in Brawl (see Delphino Plaza videos), blue colored Pikmin can have better purpose than just being thrown at enemies. Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the blue colored Pikmin the only ones that can swim in the Pikmin games? I've only played the first, and it's been a long time since I've played it, so I might be incorrect on that.

Anyway, there could be plenty other stages that involve swimming waters. The blue Pikmin can be thrown in the water, and work their way toward the enemies (who are already swimming). Any other colored Pikmin will just sink to the bottom, or just die. Also, let me try to think of some other uses for various colored Pikmin:

• Red: have no special abilities, can be thrown rather high, have decent distance.
  • Blue: aptitude to swim and damage enemies in water, can only be thrown lowly, have great distance.
  • Yellow: aptitude to carry bombs (includes bomb-omb item), can be thrown decently in height, have weak distance.

IllidR

Smash Champion

2. "He's not popular enough" - He's had two bestsellers for the GC and a third is no doubt on it's way to Wii.

Basically sums it up. =D

Captain Olimar for Brawl (soon please!)

bivunit94

Smash Journeyman
  • Red: have no special abilities, can be thrown rather high, have decent distance.
  • Blue: aptitude to swim and damage enemies in water, can only be thrown lowly, have great distance.
  • Yellow: aptitude to carry bombs (includes bomb-omb item), can be thrown decently in height, have weak distance.
Actually, the red Pikmin can survive fire. Blue and Red both have the same throwing distance if I'm not mistaken, Yellow is the only color that has anything special in that regard (at least in the first Pikmin game).
And, in Pikmin 2, Yellows lose the bomb-rock ability and gain resistance to electricity.

But, you can't forget the Whites, with the immunity to poison and ability to sense underground objects, and the Purples, with the strength and weight of ten pikmin!

Legolastom

Smash Hero
I love it how i was being sarcastic about a dumb size arguement, and then someone comes out and really says it...

Yhea that was the whole point XD If people had actually read the first post of the page they would have got the joke.

And those 4 are pretty much all the arguments against him...

Captain Olimar

Standard Special <Rocket Punch>: Olimar winds up his arm and then fires it forward. It stretches to twice its length and strikes with incredible power. The entire attack lasts about as long as a Home-Run Bat smash attack, and has similar range but less power. Strength is still equal to Captain Falcon’s standard special.

Side Special <Pikmin Attack>: A Pikmin is tossed forward. Pikmin limit is always 100 (attack does nothing if there are too many out), even between different players using Olimar. Pikmin run on the ground and leap at nearby characters. They latch on sometimes and begin doing damage. They can be shaken off easily by moving left to right quickly. They can also be killed with any type of attack, and disappear naturally after ten seconds. While attached, they pummel foes for damage. Each color has a different effect:
Red: Causes burn damage, and inflicts more damage with each hit.
Yellow: Causes electrical damage. Flies the farthest as well. One in twenty yellow Pikmin hold bomb-rocks that detonate when they hit someone.
Blue: Freezes opponent’s briefly when contact is made.
Purple: Slow moving, but inflicts more damage. A direct hit will also stun opponents as if their shield broke.
White Pikmin: Causes lasting poison damage with contact. Moves fastest.

Up Special <Bumbling Snitchbug>: A Bumbling Snitchbug appears and grabs Olimar. It carries him up a short distance, and then holds him at that height. Now the snitchbug can be controlled to move left or right, but not up or down. It will drop Olimar and disappear after a second or two.

Down Special <Ultra-Bitter Spray>: An attack similar to the Ice Climber’s down special. It also has the chance to petrify them. A petrified enemy is rendered immobile, similar to being frozen, and can be broken out of. This move has a greater chance of petrifying the closer the target is and the higher their damage percentage is. The petrifaction also lasts longer the more damage they have taken.

Final Smash <Pikmin Party>: Olimar blows his whistle and all active Pikmin disappear. The Red, Yellow and Blue Onions, as well as the Ship, fly down from the top of the screen and release twenty of each color Pikmin. They attack nearby players all at once. They have the same effects as Pikmin used by the side special attack (including 100-Pikmin limit).

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I support Olimar! He'd be so great! I've wanted him in since I got his trophy first in Melee (I got Pikmin before Melee 0.o

ripman3

Smash Journeyman
I think it would be cool if you had to use your down special to pull out pikmin from the ground and you could do this up to 100 times which would lead to some cool strategies and would discourage people from leaving him alone.

The color pulled out would be random, but they would retain their resistances IE:

red resistance to fire attacks (fire flower, charizard, bowser, ness),
yellow resistant to lightning (pikachu),
blue to water and the only swimmers (since swimming is a new feature in brawl),
pink fight faster and are thrown further,
and purple hit hard and heavy.

Holding B and then moving the control stick could signal where he wants them to attack,
B sideways would be a throw,
B up would be a rocket boost similar to diddy and if you are hit while flying, the pieces of your rocket fly to different parts of the stage and can be thrown (to reference the poor structure of his original rocket)
(also, his normal A would b his little punch he has in both games)

That's how i would do it.

edit* maybe his sprays could be one of his standard attacks similar to snake

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I'd like for Olimar's B-moves to be closer to his game. He should have a whistle, which he uses to command Pikmin. And vB needs to be pluck. Seriously. No questions asked.

Pkaz01

Smash Cadet
This would seriously be my favorite character. I haven't even played Pikmin and I think it would be cool. I like characters where you have to implement strategy and look at it in different ways.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Do the ruins help Indiana Jones?

But I think the mushrooms might be a Mario reference... but who knows it might be.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
This was a picture of a Pikmin stage I drew up a while back. Note the mushroom (which is based on the ones in the game).

OK, I did a quick sketch up of some of our ideas for the stage and also improvised a little. Let me know what you think so far, and we can see what we think needs added. The background will be cool and animated with pikmin, enemies, etc. I left it blank for simplicity's sake.

I actually had the Pikmin on the wrong side based on how the bridge was curling up at first. I flipped that part of it, but I'm not sure if I like it curling up that direction now. What do you guys think?

Oh...and the swooping snitchbug flies around with the platform sort of like the carpet in MK2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom